Welcome to Gaia! ::

Whenever politics comes up in the conversation I usually run the other way as fast as I can but lately I've been getting so pissed off at people who are blaming Obama for s**t that's been happening. It pisses me off when people blame ANY president.

I don't blame Obama for the state of our economy.
I don't blame Bush for the war in the middle east.
I don't blame Clinton for ******** that chick.

I blame the American people. It's OUR fault our country is in the shitter.

Every time a natural disaster happens somewhere in the world Americans are the first to jump up and send aid. Look at Kony 2012. How many people sent money to stop that guy without knowing the whole story. I heard he was dead and that the issue was basically over. But I have to ask you; how many Americans will jump up and try to help all the homeless or abused children right in their neighborhood?

Americans are so obsessed with helping other people that they're completely blinded to the fact that their own people need help. How can we expect to create a strong world when we can't even make our own country strong?

America was built on the backs of hard working men, women, and children. Now it's become a country revolving around the idea of a convenient lifestyle. How many people are on welfare because it provides a better life than going to work every day? How many people have sacrificed someone else because it'll save them 10 cents?

You need to wake the ******** up. This is OUR country. WE are in charge of it.
America;
Of the black, white, tan, gay, straight, Christan, Muslim, Atheist people.
For the black, white, tan, gay, straight, Christan, Muslim, Atheist people.
By the black, white, tan, gay, straight, Christan, Muslim, Atheist people.

You sit there, bitching and moaning about the congress and the senate and the supreme court but you fail to realize that if you stand up and raise your voice they will listen. When every voice in the country is shouting at them they have no choice. The only reason they have power is because WE let them have it. We do not work for the government; the government works for us and as of lately it's doing a piss poor job.

It is time for a change. For the longest time I've been saying that the federal government needs to be almost completely dissolved. We need to take back our country and decide for ourselves how to live life. Why should someone on the other side of the country, from a completely different background, with completely different values, and morals decide how I live?

They shouldn't.

Only when we begin to decide for ourselves how to live can we truly become united. Our "representatives" have had their chance to serve us and they failed. They ignored the wishes of the people they served and sought out their own needs.

I for one am completely sick and tired of the way this country is structured and from this day on I will fight to free my people from the tyranny calls itself the Government of the United States of American.

Perfect Hunter

9,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
Your premise is that irresponsibility on the part of the electorate is the catalyst for poor government policy, and your solution is to dissolve the government and hand total responsibility to the people?
Disa Uniflora
Your premise is that irresponsibility on the part of the electorate is the catalyst for poor government policy, and your solution is to dissolve the government and hand total responsibility to the people?

I'm saying that voters don't stand up for themselves enough and put too much faith into others.

Perfect Hunter

9,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
Ironclad Pen
Disa Uniflora

I'm saying that voters don't stand up for themselves enough and put too much faith into others.
But once you've magicked the government away that'll all just change, right?

Shameless Seeker

I bet all the states will have such a great time trying to maintain international relations on their own, and maintianing, you know, the interstate highway system, or even staying afloat fiscally without all their block grants from the Federal Government. Having no uniform monetary system will also be nice given our federal currency is the most traded one in the world. Effectively abolishing social security and Medicare will be real popular with the elderly as well.

Better yet, having the local posse be the defacto government is a great idea, will improve our discussions at the UN and with the rest of the worlds super powers with large standing military and functional country wide governments.

/sarcasm

Our government is far from the most dysfunctional one in the world, and the American people don't even begin to understand this. We have problems yes, but no larger or more grave than any of our founding fathers had. We will work through it, else outside forces will force us to.
Disa Uniflora
Ironclad Pen
Disa Uniflora

But once you've magicked the government away that'll all just change, right?

If you had actually read what I wrote you'd know that I didn't say COMPLETELY dissolve the government. And no, there is no magic fix. Humans by nature are social creatures that will stick together and automatically chose someone to lead them. What I propose is to give more power to local governments so that the common people are more involved in the issues that most concern them. Also individual communities could set laws and guidelines that best reflect the opinion of said community. Obviously we'd still need a large national government to take care of certain things like money and international relationships.

Raxa
I bet all the states will have such a great time trying to maintain international relations on their own, and maintianing, you know, the interstate highway system, or even staying afloat fiscally without all their block grants from the Federal Government. Having no uniform monetary system will also be nice given our federal currency is the most traded one in the world. Effectively abolishing social security and Medicare will be real popular with the elderly as well.

Better yet, having the local posse be the defacto government is a great idea, will improve our discussions at the UN and with the rest of the worlds super powers with large standing military and functional country wide governments.

/sarcasm

Our government is far from the most dysfunctional one in the world, and the American people don't even begin to understand this. We have problems yes, but no larger or more grave than any of our founding fathers had. We will work through it, else outside forces will force us to.

Yet again, I did not say completely dissolve the government.

Obviously the country would fall apart if the government was completely abolished because the common people have no idea as to how to maintain such a large infrastructure.

You should try reading what someone wrote before you act like a complete jackass.

Perfect Hunter

9,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
How would you like to renumerate the powers of the Federal and State governments, now that we're emphasising the 'almost' in 'almost completely dissolved'?

Interesting Seeker

Ironclad Pen
Whenever politics comes up in the conversation I usually run the other way as fast as I can but lately I've been getting so pissed off at people who are blaming Obama for s**t that's been happening. It pisses me off when people blame ANY president.

Every time a natural disaster happens somewhere in the world Americans are the first to jump up and send aid. Look at Kony 2012. How many people sent money to stop that guy without knowing the whole story. I heard he was dead and that the issue was basically over. But I have to ask you; how many Americans will jump up and try to help all the homeless or abused children right in their neighborhood?

Americans are so obsessed with helping other people that they're completely blinded to the fact that their own people need help. How can we expect to create a strong world when we can't even make our own country strong?

America was built on the backs of hard working men, women, and children. Now it's become a country revolving around the idea of a convenient lifestyle. How many people are on welfare because it provides a better life than going to work every day? How many people have sacrificed someone else because it'll save them 10 cents?

America;

You sit there, bitching and moaning about the congress and the senate and the supreme court but you fail to realize that if you stand up and raise your voice they will listen. When every voice in the country is shouting at them they have no choice. The only reason they have power is because WE let them have it. We do not work for the government; the government works for us and as of lately it's doing a piss poor job.

It is time for a change. For the longest time I've been saying that the federal government needs to be almost completely dissolved. We need to take back our country and decide for ourselves how to live life. Why should someone on the other side of the country, from a completely different background, with completely different values, and morals decide how I live?

They shouldn't.

Only when we begin to decide for ourselves how to live can we truly become united. Our "representatives" have had their chance to serve us and they failed. They ignored the wishes of the people they served and sought out their own needs.

I for one am completely sick and tired of the way this country is structured and from this day on I will fight to free my people from the tyranny calls itself the Government of the United States of American.

Kinda hard not to blame the current President when he is in factdoing a terrible job.
Ironclad Pen

Ironclad Pen
Our "representatives" have had their chance to serve us and they failed. They ignored the wishes of the people they served and sought out their own needs

Ironclad Pen

Ironclad Pen
We need to take back our country and decide for ourselves how to live life.

Right.

Lonely Phantom

8,550 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Ironclad Pen

America;

They shouldn't.

The problem with our country is the way we've developed our society up, for example; we've thrown all of our energy towards communications into our satellites. Our satellites are a proovenly flawed system, yet if we were to lose all of our satellites we would also lose our entire north american power grid, gps, radio, any types of communications. Why? Because we take the easy way out. We always have and we always will, we put together the easiest solution so as to come back and improove it later, the problem being we never actually come back to it. We teach our children to learn with their calculators, however we do not allow them longhand anymore and we expect our grades to RISE? We dumb ourselves down, we kill ourselves with the things we eat. Our government is killing us slowly with marketing schemes for all the toxins they sell us. We kill ourselves off then work all our life for healthcare that we wont get. The problem with our nation is that even though we are in an economic war, this is Economic slavery at its finest. The american people still haven't had enough. The NDAA has been passed, the EEA is on its way to being passed. Its going to take detainment of patriots before people come to the realization that we need to make a change and it needs to happen fast. Our problem is that for every one american that does something there is 10 to that 1 thinking someone else will pick up their slack. Every person has to stand with their voice loud, each person has to make the change they want to see.You don't want war? Refuse to serve! Economic slavery at its finest my friends. My best friend spent all his life going through school, working his a** off to get 2 different computer programming degrees, this man is qualified enough to work for NASA and he STILL couldn't find a job! He was over 100,000 in debt and homeless! The only choice he had was to enlist which is the exact same situation the rest of his unit is it. We are enslaving our own people and we are too much of cowards to stand up. January 17. Secret service almost opened fire on an unarmed crowd of people in front of the white house, I was there. They cocked their m4's right at me and prepped to shoot before we all jumped back and turned to run. The power of the people is something the gov can't afford to let public. There was over 20,000 people occupying congress that day, we took the streets, we took the capital, we walked in and DEMANDED to speak with our representatives.and WE DID. The people united will never be defeated and we, the people have the power to make this government what it could be. We have the power to make the "american dream" truley reachable. We have to work together and everyone must educatea nd inform themselves before we can get anywhere first.

Lonely Phantom

8,550 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Zelda42O
Ironclad Pen

America;

They shouldn't.

The problem with our country is the way we've developed our society up, for example; we've thrown all of our energy towards communications into our satellites. Our satellites are a proovenly flawed system, yet if we were to lose all of our satellites we would also lose our entire north american power grid, gps, radio, any types of communications. Why? Because we take the easy way out. We always have and we always will, we put together the easiest solution so as to come back and improove it later, the problem being we never actually come back to it. We teach our children to learn with their calculators, however we do not allow them longhand anymore and we expect our grades to RISE? We dumb ourselves down, we kill ourselves with the things we eat. Our government is killing us slowly with marketing schemes for all the toxins they sell us. We kill ourselves off then work all our life for healthcare that we wont get. The problem with our nation is that even though we are in an economic war, this is Economic slavery at its finest. The american people still haven't had enough. The NDAA has been passed, the EEA is on its way to being passed. Its going to take detainment of patriots before people come to the realization that we need to make a change and it needs to happen fast. Our problem is that for every one american that does something there is 10 to that 1 thinking someone else will pick up their slack. Every person has to stand with their voice loud, each person has to make the change they want to see.You don't want war? Refuse to serve! Economic slavery at its finest my friends. My best friend spent all his life going through school, working his a** off to get 2 different computer programming degrees, this man is qualified enough to work for NASA and he STILL couldn't find a job! He was over 100,000 in debt and homeless! The only choice he had was to enlist which is the exact same situation the rest of his unit is it. We are enslaving our own people and we are too much of cowards to stand up. January 17. Secret service almost opened fire on an unarmed crowd of people in front of the white house, I was there. They cocked their m4's right at me and prepped to shoot before we all jumped back and turned to run. The power of the people is something the gov can't afford to let public. There was over 20,000 people occupying congress that day, we took the streets, we took the capital, we walked in and DEMANDED to speak with our representatives.and WE DID. The people united will never be defeated and we, the people have the power to make this government what it could be. We have the power to make the "american dream" truley reachable. We have to work together and everyone must educatea nd inform themselves before we can get anywhere first.

For the record, my personal beliefs is that Obama has not done enough with his term. The health care was good and student aid was good but he could have done so much more. Had he grown the balls he needed to and stopped letting congress push him around. A REAL president, works FOR the people. not for the highest interest.

3,850 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Regular 100
So what did Obama do to make this country better other than signing ACTA which will start our internet censorship soon?

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
One thing I will say about the Lewinsky thing, is if you're ******** the President, don't blab all the ********' details to Linda Tripp, stupid.

Perfect Hunter

9,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
Wendigo
One thing I will say about the Lewinsky thing, is if you're ******** the President, don't blab all the ********' details to Linda Tripp, stupid.

I suspect that when you're ******** the president, a fairly significant part of you probably wants everyone to know.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Disa Uniflora
Wendigo

I suspect that when you're ******** the president, a fairly significant part of you probably wants everyone to know.
Maybe, but I mean, damn.

"Hey girl, I hooked up with a married man. I know! I feel so bad. You'll never guess where he works..."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff