Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ammo Amy
Somewhere, there's a kid being cheated out of a chance at life in order to keep this guy around for a couple of extra years after what he did to the US, does he really deserve it?

He has money meaning his life is more valuable than that kid's

Mega Noob

Wendigo
Kinda confused why you're linkin' the Inspector General's office, there.

"Hello, mister Secretary? I think your office is producing some really bad stovepiped intelligence, you should stop doin' it. Oh, it's working as intended? Sorry, sir."

Yeah, it's not directly relating to the actual Wolfowitz scheme... But that was quite funny.

It's about the whole "special plans" being an euphemism for psyops thing. I found it was quoted out of Timothy Good's atrocious book. I was linking the other page because it's a marginally relevant article that also did not receive attention from vigilant editors lately; this one was edited from the opposite end, an apparent copy-paste from the Inspector General's office manual. What with the fasces in the badge symbolizing how they will reliably self-examinate and all.

I find this a recurring problem in the battle for reliability. Some obscure offices or organizations that commit criminally negligent or potentially deliberate errors, so grave the entity is granted only temporary existence, will not be registered by enough people outside of those circles of conspiracy junkies.
Wendigo
agrab0ekim
blahblahblah
if we didn't have selfish people, we wouldn't advance as a society
(Edison is a great example)
Pft, all he did was put his own name on things other people did.

arguably it wouldn't have advanced without his name
inventions cost a ton of money, time, and usually family. Widget works and the like have been aroudn for eons to deal with this factor, so I have many other examples if you want. Without some form of common reationship and the like, odds are that we would not have advanved much at all
(consider, for example, advancements in prior years where few studied to modern, where big name companies study)

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
See, now, you're saying name, and you're thinking "investment in research laboratories for it to happen in." Which is not names, and not exclusive to Edison, but available to pretty much anybody with the resources.
Wendigo
See, now, you're saying name, and you're thinking "investment in research laboratories for it to happen in." Which is not names, and not exclusive to Edison, but available to pretty much anybody with the resources.

I don't see why "is a great example" doesn't allow, or more specifically, imply, these things

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Well, what I'm saying is, with no Edison, other people could well have bankrolled research into the things he did and gotten the same results.
Wendigo
Well, what I'm saying is, with no Edison, other people could well have bankrolled research into the things he did and gotten the same results.

Valid and true
my point is that the greed drives a lot of bankrolling, and Edison is a face of that

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff