Welcome to Gaia! ::

OK. The country has problems. But when I hear the president being called things like "evil dictator" "war criminal" or "warmongering madman" by Americans, it bewilders me. I would have made many of the same decisions Bush made if I had been in the White House four years ago.

Seems like I hear alot of people complain about how Bush runs the country and no one offering any better solutions.

Now I know this is a political thread, but lets all try to avoid needless slander and name-calling, please.
Why yes, I'd say 51% of America is.
Maybe its because I live in NJ or because the media is fairly left, but most of the commentary I hear is distinctly anti-Bush. The election shows he has the popular vote, but either those voters are quiet or I just don't hear them that much.
Xenoc1de
OK. The country has problems. But when I hear the president being called things like "evil dictator" "war criminal" or "warmongering madman" by Americans, it bewilders me. I would have made many of the same decisions Bush made if I had been in the White House four years ago.

Seems like I hear alot of people complain about how Bush runs the country and no one offering any better solutions.

Now I know this is a political thread, but lets all try to avoid needless slander and name-calling, please.

We've many of us proposed things to be done differently. Some of us even write to our congressmen, saying things like, "What do you mean, replacing the 'Clean Air Act' with the 'Clear Skies Act,' which is a sop to heavy industry? The air's hard enough to breathe as it is, goddamnit!" Or, "What the hell is up with people just backing away from controversial but important decisions? Propose kinship rights for same-sex couples already!"

A lot of us who dislike Mr Bush do so not (only) on principle, but also on the basis of his actions, statements, and policies.
Xenoc1de

How about a moneky runs?
Or better yet-
How about we actually have a voting system that works? Instead of a democracy likcomparable to the one Saddam had (us hypocrytes) We have one where A powerful, rich, elitist group doesn't rig everything and doesn't make decisions that only benefit them and F&*( the rest?

Name one thing BUsh did that was beneficial to the United States that wasn't accidental?
The delima over same-sex marriage, I think, is about cultural health. In many ways I agree its not fair to deny some people marriage rights and other not deny it to others, but there will be social consequences in the future if we allow it.

For one thing, homosexuality will become more common as it becomes a not only socially but legally accepted lifestyle. There is a book I read called "The Forever War" which touches on that.

Also, fifty years down the road it might lead to something new: what about marriage with other family members? pets? A line has to be drawn somewhere or things will get out of control. You may not agree, but once a door is opened, more and more people will go through it.
Alliecat
Xenoc1de

How about a moneky runs?
Or better yet-
How about we actually have a voting system that works? Instead of a democracy likcomparable to the one Saddam had (us hypocrytes) We have one where A powerful, rich, elitist group doesn't rig everything and doesn't make decisions that only benefit them and F&*( the rest?

Name one thing BUsh did that was beneficial to the United States that wasn't accidental?

He helped the iraqi's, when they asked for it. I don't think that was accidental.
Oh yes: I completely failed to note his support for authoritarian rule in Russia, and semi-authoritarian Governor Ahnold's support for Bush.

Hold on: what Iraqis did Mr Bush help on request? Surely you're not thinking of the INC, which is a group of corrupt businessmen who know little about operations on the ground. Yes, he did supervise an invasion that toppled a dictator - a poorly-orchestrated invasion, that neglected to secure critical bits of infrastructure like hospitals. Plus his arrogance in claiming that the Mission was Accomplished.
bush didn't win the election. the black boxed were riged, and the votes from the americans in iraq weren't counted.
"How about we actually have a voting system that works? Instead of a democracy likcomparable to the one Saddam had (us hypocrytes) We have one where A powerful, rich, elitist group doesn't rig everything and doesn't make decisions that only benefit them and F&*( the rest?

Name one thing BUsh did that was beneficial to the United States that wasn't accidental?"

Democracy is a tricky thing to get working. Right now, it looks like elitism and corporations control elections, but I think that only because people let them. As loud as a minority of us are, most people in the country are content, and don't feel the need to take immediate action or demand sudden changes in the system. When it breaks down even worse, and people have a real, personal reason to be angry, I'm confident that corporations and elitism would be abe to do a thing to atop them.

As for what Bush has done, well:

The invasion of Aghanistan. There's no garauntee Gore would have done the same.

Cutting taxes and therefore some of the government's influence on the public. "Only the wealthiest 1% benifit from the tax break" is only half the truth -- that 1% pays 80% of the nation's taxes, and they pay it with 30, 40, even 50 percent of their income.
XxSmileyzXx
Alliecat
Xenoc1de

How about a moneky runs?
Or better yet-

He helped the iraqi's, when they asked for it. I don't think that was accidental.

They never asked for help. Next.
"the votes from the americans in iraq weren't counted. "

You'd be surprised to know that nearly 3/4 soldiers in Iraq are pro-Bush.

Kind of hard to ask when you are denied freedom of speech.
Xenoc1de

Kind of hard to ask when you are denied freedom of speech.

If you are denied freedom of speech, can you ask for help?

No.

Ergo, they did not ask for help.

Don't refer to the INC, because they were always and will always be a gang of shysters.
sorry about my sloppy posts guys, I'm not very forum saavy and I can't seem to get quotes to work right.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff