Welcome to Gaia! ::

God Emperor Akhenaton

That works the other way too. Only 17% of Americans voted for Romney and that is with the very apparent voter suppression laws that helped republican voters.

Please be more specific what are these 'very apparent voter suppression laws'?
Bortelex
God Emperor Akhenaton
Bortelex
God Emperor Akhenaton
Old Blue Collar Joe
Botmed
If America revolts now it'll probably be the first counterproductive revolt in human history.

It would only be viewed as counterproductive by those who support big government.

Or do you mean people who don't agree with you? In other words, the majority.

You keep liking to claim being the majority, I wonder did you do this four years ago to when Democrats had control of the House, Senate, and Presidency?

You forget that the House is currently in control of Republicans.
And before you talk of rigged or unfair redistricting remember that the Democrats do that kind of thing as well. I don't really approve of the practice but don't blame only one side for a problem that exists in both. If you still wont concede on that argument, the Republicans won control of the house under the old districts, as well as the new ones. And the federal government doesn't control congressional districts, that is done by state legislatures, so in order for republicans to alter the districts in their favor they had to control the state legislature. State legislatures seem better tied to their people then the federal level is.

And one more thing you derive winning the vote as being the majority, but the vote is not a complete picture. The popular vote in the presidential race was decided on a margin of about 51.5% to 48.5% counting a total of 120 million votes. It is true that Democrats won, but the margin of victory was not overwhelming. Also 120 million is not the total number of eligible voters, nor is it anywhere near the 311 million population of the US. It is very hard to get accurate data on the opinions held by every citizen of the Untied States. While they did win the election that alone does not guarantee they hold the majority opinion.

The GOP controlled the house only because of intense gerrymandering and voter suppression. Even then, they still managed to lose six seats and their approval rating is around 20%. They are by no means the majority, theyre just a vocal minority that need to shut the ******** up now because nobody likes them. And you can't blame them for having nobody like them after the house has decided to use 1984 as an instruction manual.

Your still blaming only one side for a problem that exists on both sides. Your either ignorant or a hypocrite if you honestly believe only the Republicans are the problem. The approval rating for both houses of congress are down. Much of that is because they hardly do anything. And the current Senate has a habit of killing much of what comes to them with no debate at all.

Now again, why should the minority Republicans just shut up when for the longest time the minority Democrats never did?

Because the Democrats never tried to actively destroyed their own nation for political gain. I mean ********, at least the Nazis and communists tried to make their country better. These conservatives are subhuman trash that are below even them.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Old Blue Collar Joe
Botmed
If America revolts now it'll probably be the first counterproductive revolt in human history.

It would only be viewed as counterproductive by those who support big government.
Er, a revolt against the US government and its military would be counterproductive because it would cause massive amounts of death, injury and property damage. And at the end of that struggle (which could take years or decades), there is no assurance of peace, prosperity and democracy.

Mega Noob

I'm thinking there'd be at least a few Republicans who wouldn't like the idea of armed revolt. JS
Bortelex
God Emperor Akhenaton

That works the other way too. Only 17% of Americans voted for Romney and that is with the very apparent voter suppression laws that helped republican voters.

http://thinkprogress.org/tag/voter-suppression/
Wendigo
Old Blue Collar Joe
Botmed

Er, a revolt against the US government and its military would be counterproductive because it would cause massive amounts of death, injury and property damage. And at the end of that struggle (which could take years or decades), there is no assurance of peace, prosperity and democracy.

And whether it was 'good' or 'bad' is based on whether those that started such a revolt felt that their ends were achieved, i.e. breaking away from what they feel is a tyrannical government that is stripping more and more rights away while demanding more and more from them.
The military would more than likely fracture as well in such a situation, depending on the reasons behind said revolution.
But simply rolling over and saying 'gotta get dirty' as an excuse not to do something means you wind up with something like Mexico, where the best solution is to run like hell.
Old Blue Collar Joe
Wendigo
Old Blue Collar Joe
Botmed

And whether it was 'good' or 'bad' is based on whether those that started such a revolt felt that their ends were achieved, i.e. breaking away from what they feel is a tyrannical government that is stripping more and more rights away while demanding more and more from them.
The military would more than likely fracture as well in such a situation, depending on the reasons behind said revolution.
But simply rolling over and saying 'gotta get dirty' as an excuse not to do something means you wind up with something like Mexico, where the best solution is to run like hell.

A revolt would lead to mass killings of American people. The idea that Obama is any different from al-Assad is laughable at best.
God Emperor Akhenaton
Bortelex
God Emperor Akhenaton

http://thinkprogress.org/tag/voter-suppression/

You really need to stop doing this, pretty much every argument you make seeks to lay all the blame for a problem on only your opponent when the problem occurs with both sides.
Here are some examples of the other side for you.
Example1
Example2
Example3

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Old Blue Collar Joe
Well no, it would be "bad" because it is "bad" to sacrifice the lives of your fellow citizens before exhausting peaceful and democratic resolutions to your grievances. That is "bad" whether or not you are able to seize power and enact whatever agenda you've revolted over; even in victory one would have to acknowledge that the chosen means are not ideal ones to achieve the chosen end. To justify those means, it is necessary that what was gained is worth more than the lives and property that would be irreparably lost or damaged during the conflict, and that it could not be gained through less extreme measures.

Quote:
Maybe. I don't personally consider that a good thing; the split in Libya hardly produced an organized and well-equipped rebel faction and an orderly transition of power. Nor do I consider the possibility of a military coup and junta rising in the United States to be remotely, even theoretically desirable under ideal circumstances. The ensuing spate of summary executions of counter-revolutionaries would certainly wash out the taste of victory over a tyrannical regime that wants to ___________, if ______________ was not more summary execution.

Quote:

Mexico you get by wealthy and heavily-armed criminal syndicates having decades to bribe the military and police to see things their way.

Somalia you get by fighting a civil war, 'course.

Dangerous Lunatic

3,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
God Emperor Akhenaton
x_DivineDesire_x
from where do you get the information that people plan to revolt?

Talk to people like Tadpole Jackson. Also Glen Beck and Wayne LaPierre.

Maybe stupid, ignorant ******** take Glen Beck seriously, but you have never given me that impression, Akhenaton. Seriously? You're going to use Glen Beck as an example of a public figure promoting rebellion? This thread just went from slightly funny to a waste of time.
God Emperor Akhenaton
Tactical Leg Sweep
GSK is a nut in that .. you know she supports vigilantism and Joe .. well I don't think I need to explain further.

As for that nonsense, banning high capacity magazines is stupid, but I've no problem with longer waiting periods and more comprehensive background checks, especially in the mental health department. I don't plan on buying high powered semi automatic rifles anytime soon anyway so it's kind of a moot point. I like muh trusty old shotgun.

A high capacity magazine isn't the worst thing in the world, but why should someone be allowed to have more than one clip? That is where I ask the question. You can remove the hollow point ammo from your clip to go to the range and fire FMJ and once you are done, you can put the hollow points back in. It isn't the end of the world if you have to do that.

Why should I not just shoot anyone who tries to infringe upon my rights to multiple clips? I need those multiple clips to be able to resist tyranny, and an infringement on my ability to do that may lead to tyranny in itself; therefore it's in your hands, as the voice of public opinion, whether people die or not.
The rose in spring
Old Blue Collar Joe
Wendigo
Old Blue Collar Joe
Botmed

A revolt would lead to mass killings of American people. The idea that Obama is any different from al-Assad is laughable at best.

A revolt would finally get everyone on the same page.

Mega Noob

deadroosters

The obituaries?
deadroosters
The rose in spring
Old Blue Collar Joe
Wendigo
Old Blue Collar Joe
Botmed

Would it really? Just about every revolution that has occurred ended up with some kind of mass genocide following. The Russian Revolution was that, the Nazi revolution was like that, the French Revolution was like that, hell, even the American Revolution had violence and grief trailing that as well. Revolutions are always violent and very often anti-intellectual. and it's almost always for corrupt reason too. Last time America had a revolt, it was attempted by people who wanted the states to be owned by slave owners. And now you want a revolution over some guy whose trying to bring greater access to healthcare? Here's my question. Where the ******** were you when the Bush administration took away your rights to protest them?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff