Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rosemary_Red's avatar

Blessed Fairy

Personally, let me just point out that, in comparison, both the Confederacy of the United States and Germany's Nazi party are banned governments in there respective counties. However, even though Germany has ban all paraphernalia related the Nazi party, like the swastika, some people in the United States embrace Confederacy of the United States because it's "heritage" and "southern culture". This kind of immature thinking has been happening for many years and the topic of seperation usually stems up when there is a major national issue at hand. Yet the truth of the matter is that, if this separation of state(s) from country was to happen, then it would be devastating on the state because, in the slim chance that they would win, the first first world that had been going on for decades of years would be in ruins. Picking up these pieces and trying to make a new country with the same kind of security as the rest of the remaining country would be very hard and time consuming. Thus this whole "Let's separate from the rest of the country" is just an idiotic dream for people that can't stand change or know how to fix it.

At least, that is what I think. sweatdrop
Heimdalr
deadroosters
A revolt would finally get everyone on the same page.

The obituaries?

Heyoooooo.
Rosemary_Red
Personally, let me just point out that, in comparison, both the Confederacy of the United States and Germany's Nazi party are banned governments in there respective counties. However, even though Germany has ban all paraphernalia related the Nazi party, like the swastika, some people in the United States embrace Confederacy of the United States because it's "heritage" and "southern culture". This kind of immature thinking has been happening for many years and the topic of seperation usually stems up when there is a major national issue at hand. Yet the truth of the matter is that, if this separation of state(s) from country was to happen, then it would be devastating on the state because, in the slim chance that they would win, the first first world that had been going on for decades of years would be in ruins. Picking up these pieces and trying to make a new country with the same kind of security as the rest of the remaining country would be very hard and time consuming. Thus this whole "Let's separate from the rest of the country" is just an idiotic dream for people that can't stand change or know how to fix it.

At least, that is what I think. sweatdrop

I don't like the laws I'm being forced to live under here, so I think we should make new ones. The procedure I'd have to go through for that involves a period of revolution.
God Emperor Akhenaton
deadroosters
The rose in spring
Old Blue Collar Joe
Wendigo
Er, a revolt against the US government and its military would be counterproductive because it would cause massive amounts of death, injury and property damage. And at the end of that struggle (which could take years or decades), there is no assurance of peace, prosperity and democracy.


And whether it was 'good' or 'bad' is based on whether those that started such a revolt felt that their ends were achieved, i.e. breaking away from what they feel is a tyrannical government that is stripping more and more rights away while demanding more and more from them.
The military would more than likely fracture as well in such a situation, depending on the reasons behind said revolution.
But simply rolling over and saying 'gotta get dirty' as an excuse not to do something means you wind up with something like Mexico, where the best solution is to run like hell.

A revolt would lead to mass killings of American people. The idea that Obama is any different from al-Assad is laughable at best.

A revolt would finally get everyone on the same page.

Would it really? Just about every revolution that has occurred ended up with some kind of mass genocide following. The Russian Revolution was that, the Nazi revolution was like that, the French Revolution was like that, hell, even the American Revolution had violence and grief trailing that as well. Revolutions are always violent and very often anti-intellectual. and it's almost always for corrupt reason too. Last time America had a revolt, it was attempted by people who wanted the states to be owned by slave owners. And now you want a revolution over some guy whose trying to bring greater access to healthcare? Here's my question. Where the ******** were you when the Bush administration took away your rights to protest them?

I wasn't aware that Russia committed any genocides after their revolution. The imperial government did some persecuting of the Jews, but that's the only thing I'm aware of.

The Nazis came to power politically. Someone in power named Hindenburg apparently seized some "emergency powers". You hear your local government say "emergency", listen real carefully.

Violence is necessary when nothing else works.

Last time America had a revolt was, to the best of my knowledge, April 24, 1992. Learn your modern history.

Obama has nothing to do with it.

Elementary and middle school is where I was. Thank you for asking.

You either learn lessons from history and do it differently or you don't and the same thing keeps happening. You're free to choose which one you'd prefer.
Wendigo's avatar

Manly Explorer

8,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
deadroosters
The Nazis came to power politically. Someone in power named Hindenburg apparently seized some "emergency powers". You hear your local government say "emergency", listen real carefully.
No seizing; emergency powers were voted on after the Reichstag fire. Unfortunately they were given to the Chancellor, who was a snake in the grass, and they were very broad in scope. (Basically, he could declare even unconstitutional laws unilaterally, and have them enforced the next day.)
Weretindere's avatar

Kawaii Glitch

11,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
In the idea of a revolution, I laugh, because I can see quite the First-Person-Shooter, Call Of Duty mindset.

In all revolutions, I see a common trait; identifiable attire, all those on one side wore this, all those on the other side wore that, but even more-so, I see people who refuse to even subject themselves to wearing identifiable clothing.

I dated an air force mechanic for a few weeks. The oddball thing about this was that he told me all he does when he doesn't have work to do during his shift is sit on YouTube and look at memes all day in his aluminum-laced room. (That's mostly what we did together, lol.) He was a person who would randomly go into this self-defensive mode that wanted someone to start something with him so he could beat the s**t out of them. He also mentioned things like blowing up a Wal-Mart and claims to have gotten stabbed at work and had a timer on his phone that stated how much longer he had till "Freedom" of getting out of service. (I still kinda miss him...)

Now, the thing about this revolution people keep talking about is that the actual willingness of which side of whoever's ideologies manifesting within the military would actually determine their ability to do something in regards to what side of the revolution they would pick. Long story short, I see a "griefer".

If this revolution were to start, the idea of someone like him 'accidentally' forgetting to hook up a fuel pump, or whatever is on those planes (no idea), I see the military blowing itself up from the inside-out before they ever get out of the hangar. (which is hilarious in and of itself) You know why that is? No one has anyone to actually fight for despite how much they claim to be protecting people, including the fact that during those other revolutions, the anarchists were still sitting in their houses taking a goddamn s**t.

In order for this "revolution" of "tyranny" to even take place, you'd actually have to remove everyone from their houses so that the First-Person-Shooter environment can actually take place, and with the advent of citizens having sniper rifles, it brings the idea of having some random text pop-up saying "ZenDemon has joined the server", and that you'd see nothing but "Campers" ruining The Game.

I mean, what's going to happen? Is some Westboro Baptist Church advocate going to knock on the door saying, "We are recruiting in the name of God to take down the tyrannical gay rights advocates. If you are interested in fighting this war that's happening two blocks down the street, we have guns we will be willing to give to you."?

"Hey, I'm fighting in the name of God." This whole revolution, despite me not actually liking the people in office, would give me, and other people as well, the chance to say, "Well, you guys can take on the heavily armed ones. I'm just gonna go after these people over here."

That's the point with the whole revolution; no one legitimately has a reason to pretend to be on anyone's side for whatever reason. If I had a sniper rifle, I'll just open a window upstairs and look for whoever, For Great Justice. "Weretindere has joined."

If someone like Joe was fighting alongside me in this revolution and we managed to reach the Final Level, you can bet your damn a** he's getting a bullet in the back of his head so I can be the one that finishes off the Final Boss and gets the 1,000,000 point bonus.

Like I said in a previous post, "Why should I fight for you, and why should I protect you?" I'm dealt with numerous attacks on my intelligence, my lifestyle; everything about my life, and the way these people behave on this site, there really isn't a reason why I shouldn't blow a hole in your head the second you gun down the Congressmen. I can pretend to be nice, too.

You know the funny thing about it? Due to my lifestyle, they pretty much acknowledge that I am the homicide/suicide type of person. I am the Jared Loughner, I am the Adam Lanza, but people just like to keep pushing my buttons and saying, "You won't." and expect me to listen to them. Do you know how much I try to keep what little composure I have on this forum?

Everyone expects some textbook, black and white revolution. I'll be there to prove to you that those stories are nothing but lies, I'm not taking anyone's side, and I'll probably just sit here, take a s**t and read the news about all of your deaths and cheer every time. (like I already do) Just don't take down my internet connection, you'll seriously piss me off.

You'll have the KKK in one corner, the WBC in the other, the Black Supremicist-type in the other and the Homosexuals in another. Don't forget Anonymous with their masks... hey, identifiable attire; nifty, just like the KKK, but they're not with the KKK, because they're just as much ready to kill them as the KKK is willing to go after atheists, the atheists want to take down the WBC and the WBC will be going after Anonymous. You played a Real-Time-Strategy game like Total Annihilation or Command & Conquer before, right? You know when you set it for a 4+ player skirmish, right? That's what you'll get. I'll be the one logged in as the "Watcher". Go play Red Alert 2 and set it for a map that allows 8 players and set them all as "America." Enjoy the outcome.
The New Wineskin's avatar

Conversationalist

God Emperor Akhenaton
Well ED-P, it's time for one of my rants. This time, it's for the pro gun nuts. Not the pro gun like GSK or Joe, I'm talking about the people who want guns to take over the United States from the Democrats. This is their game. They don't like the outcome of the election. So they threaten to kill the president and bring back the Confederacy. And instead of bitching about the election, they are bitching about gun control. Because their guns are somehow more important than gay marriage or better access to healthcare. Alright. So here are a few points that I would like to state.

1. The reason Obama is the president is because you are the minority voter. Maybe Obama won the election because he accumulated more votes than Mitt Romney. What a ******** shocker that is rolleyes And to go even further, Mitt Romney got a ******** more votes than Gary Johnson or Ron Paul. There is a reason for that. The conservative libertarian ideology is an unpopular ideology, making you the minority. Well that sure sucks a c***e, doesn't it? Well it's a democracy. You lost because you are the minority. Democracy is only fun if you are the majority and you aren't. The truth is that we do not want to install your ideas of the government staying out of business so that the same ******** who got us into this recession could have unlimited power.

2. You are not going to revolt. Seeing how many people you have on your side is pathetic. At the very least, you are not the majority and that is the VERY least. Secondly, you are a small minority. Ron Paul never made a dent in the elections and neither did Johnson. Even then, you are going to be supported by conservatives of advanced age. If the government is as evil as you think, then why would they not resort to tactics used by al Assad?

3. You don't have the balls. It is true. All you have done for the past 2 months is talk about revolting. Then why the ******** haven't you? Oh that's right. You're a p***y. You have not started a rebellion because you are too comfortable sitting your a** in your chair, arguing over the internet until the day you get a** cancer. You are not some anarchist. An anarchist actually goes to a government building with a truck loaded with explosives to take out the government; a real man. You are just a right wing nutjob who is all bark and no bite. Get the ******** over it!


That is one particular reason why I do not support democracy, nor do I support a republic (of which the United States is actually grouped under). Not necessarily because the majority always wins, but because (currently) the majority is so undereducated in this society that giving them this type of power will only backfire on us. Furthermore, Ron Paul and Gary Johnson did not receive as many votes because Gary Johnson received little to no airtime, and Ron Paul was a write-in candidate only (making him not only an uneligible candidate in most states, but also unlikely to be voted for by anybody, even in states that do allow write-ins).
Wendigo's avatar

Manly Explorer

8,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
The New Wineskin
Furthermore, Ron Paul and Gary Johnson did not receive as many votes because Gary Johnson received little to no airtime, and Ron Paul was a write-in candidate only (making him not only an uneligible candidate in most states, but also unlikely to be voted for by anybody, even in states that do allow write-ins).
Naw, their ideas just plain don't have that much appeal to them. You get supporters, campaign funds, airtime and votes from having ideas with which people agree.

"FairTax" is not such an idea. It's excrement trying feverishly to present itself as such an idea.
Weretindere
In the idea of a revolution, I laugh, because I can see quite the First-Person-Shooter, Call Of Duty mindset.

In all revolutions, I see a common trait; identifiable attire, all those on one side wore this, all those on the other side wore that, but even more-so, I see people who refuse to even subject themselves to wearing identifiable clothing.

I guess so. The simplest solution has always been to just shoot the guys who are causing all the trouble, which happens to also work well in a digital setting. It's just not so easy as it sounds.

I guess.

Quote:
I dated an air force mechanic for a few weeks. The oddball thing about this was that he told me all he does when he doesn't have work to do during his shift is sit on YouTube and look at memes all day in his aluminum-laced room. (That's mostly what we did together, lol.) He was a person who would randomly go into this self-defensive mode that wanted someone to start something with him so he could beat the s**t out of them. He also mentioned things like blowing up a Wal-Mart and claims to have gotten stabbed at work and had a timer on his phone that stated how much longer he had till "Freedom" of getting out of service. (I still kinda miss him...)

cool story bro

Quote:
Now, the thing about this revolution people keep talking about is that the actual willingness of which side of whoever's ideologies manifesting within the military would actually determine their ability to do something in regards to what side of the revolution they would pick. Long story short, I see a "griefer".

The military? ******** those guys, if they're down to kill for the government, they're down to kill us for the government. If they're not, they're not gonna cut it in the military, but at the same time, the military isn't just going to let them walk off and join the rebellion. They'd likely be imprisoned.

Quote:
If this revolution were to start, the idea of someone like him 'accidentally' forgetting to hook up a fuel pump, or whatever is on those planes (no idea), I see the military blowing itself up from the inside-out before they ever get out of the hangar. (which is hilarious in and of itself) You know why that is? No one has anyone to actually fight for despite how much they claim to be protecting people, including the fact that during those other revolutions, the anarchists were still sitting in their houses taking a goddamn s**t.

Spanish anarchists held some territory for a while at one point.

Quote:
In order for this "revolution" of "tyranny" to even take place, you'd actually have to remove everyone from their houses so that the First-Person-Shooter environment can actually take place, and with the advent of citizens having sniper rifles, it brings the idea of having some random text pop-up saying "ZenDemon has joined the server", and that you'd see nothing but "Campers" ruining The Game.

Revolution of tyranny? You mean against tyranny. But, cut the goddamn power for two, three weeks unless someone's on life support. All those little translucent-white kids on Call of Duty will get bored of sitting around freebasing Mountain Dew for that long without Xbox.

Quote:
I mean, what's going to happen? Is some Westboro Baptist Church advocate going to knock on the door saying, "We are recruiting in the name of God to take down the tyrannical gay rights advocates. If you are interested in fighting this war that's happening two blocks down the street, we have guns we will be willing to give to you."?

Everyone hates those guys, they wouldn't last a minute without police protection. You gotta watch who you give free guns to, they could always shoot YOU with them.

Quote:
"Hey, I'm fighting in the name of God." This whole revolution, despite me not actually liking the people in office, would give me, and other people as well, the chance to say, "Well, you guys can take on the heavily armed ones. I'm just gonna go after these people over here."

That's the type of thinking that's gonna get us ******** up, unless we can convince those guys to suicide bomb for us.

Quote:
That's the point with the whole revolution; no one legitimately has a reason to pretend to be on anyone's side for whatever reason. If I had a sniper rifle, I'll just open a window upstairs and look for whoever, For Great Justice. "Weretindere has joined."

Blacks have a right to join from pure birthright, they were persecuted intensely for 200, 300 years now. Native Americans got decimated by the same empire that rules us today, they also have birthright. Japanese got concentrated in camps during WW2, many died there, I'm sure they wouldn't mind restoring the old national honor. (We also used nukes against their homeland like a bunch of little sissy dishonorable coward girls who can't fight worth s**t.) Anyone else I forgot, please add them in. You can also add in justifiable cause for anyone who's ever been ******** over by the legal system (personal foul), anyone who knows a victim of the legal system (do it for your homies), anyone who feels that what we're permitting the government to get away with both/either at home and/or abroad is wrong (ideological opposition), anyone who feels that the government no longer serves the people (social contract has been broken), anyone who would like to have their voice heard in politics but cannot due to overwhelming resistance from situational factors(taxation without representation), anyone who feels that the Bill of Rights has been violated (dissolution of legitimacy by default), and anyone who feels that their rights have recently been violated (systematic discrimination). Is that reason enough for you?

If you had to pick one, revolution or government, would you choose freedom?

Quote:
If someone like Joe was fighting alongside me in this revolution and we managed to reach the Final Level, you can bet your damn a** he's getting a bullet in the back of his head so I can be the one that finishes off the Final Boss and gets the 1,000,000 point bonus.

That's why you have your little homie sit in back the whole time, watching you from his sniper scope, waiting for you to ******** up and betray the revolution/the people/your comrades.

Quote:
Like I said in a previous post, "Why should I fight for you, and why should I protect you?" I'm dealt with numerous attacks on my intelligence, my lifestyle; everything about my life, and the way these people behave on this site, there really isn't a reason why I shouldn't blow a hole in your head the second you gun down the Congressmen. I can pretend to be nice, too.

One, you're an American. You're going to live a pretty meaningless life that isn't important to anyone except your relatives, who will themselves live meaningless and boring lives. You don't have anything better to do. Two, by not overthrowing the government, you're telling the world that you're okay with what they're doing.

Quote:
You know the funny thing about it? Due to my lifestyle, they pretty much acknowledge that I am the homicide/suicide type of person. I am the Jared Loughner, I am the Adam Lanza, but people just like to keep pushing my buttons and saying, "You won't." and expect me to listen to them. Do you know how much I try to keep what little composure I have on this forum?

People like to say that s**t on the off chance you ever do go hard one day.

Quote:
Everyone expects some textbook, black and white revolution. I'll be there to prove to you that those stories are nothing but lies, I'm not taking anyone's side, and I'll probably just sit here, take a s**t and read the news about all of your deaths and cheer every time. (like I already do) Just don't take down my internet connection, you'll seriously piss me off.

It's gonna be a bloodbath. We have, here in this country, three sides, none of them worth a s**t. Perhaps when opposition to this ******** becomes a thing, there will be something worth fighting for in this country. Evil sans resistance, this is the Establishment. Unaligned evil, these are your nasty skinhead types and the like. Unaligned unaligned, the ever-ignorant American public. If they knew half the s**t that goes on they'd lose their goddamn marbles.

Quote:
You'll have the KKK in one corner, the WBC in the other, the Black Supremicist-type in the other and the Homosexuals in another. Don't forget Anonymous with their masks... hey, identifiable attire; nifty, just like the KKK, but they're not with the KKK, because they're just as much ready to kill them as the KKK is willing to go after atheists, the atheists want to take down the WBC and the WBC will be going after Anonymous. You played a Real-Time-Strategy game like Total Annihilation or Command & Conquer before, right? You know when you set it for a 4+ player skirmish, right? That's what you'll get. I'll be the one logged in as the "Watcher". Go play Red Alert 2 and set it for a map that allows 8 players and set them all as "America." Enjoy the outcome.

You can't simulate a modern American revolution with the Command and Conquer engine. MAYBE Supreme Ruler 2020 could get away with it, but I doubt even that.
Wendigo
The New Wineskin
Furthermore, Ron Paul and Gary Johnson did not receive as many votes because Gary Johnson received little to no airtime, and Ron Paul was a write-in candidate only (making him not only an uneligible candidate in most states, but also unlikely to be voted for by anybody, even in states that do allow write-ins).
Naw, their ideas just plain don't have that much appeal to them. You get supporters, campaign funds, airtime and votes from having ideas with which people agree.

"FairTax" is not such an idea. It's excrement trying feverishly to present itself as such an idea.


While I believe Paul is a loon, Wineskin is right in the aspect that if you aren't flavor A or flavor B you have no chance of getting the election. Wasn't it 2008 where neither Obama nor McCain registered in time to be on the ballots in a couple of states and they suspended law for them, which was contrary to what was supposed to be done?
Weretindere's avatar

Kawaii Glitch

11,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
deadroosters

I've actually always been the one to support killing them off. I just find it odd how everyone who has complained about revolution has only decided with the gun laws that "now" is the time they take the things I've been saying up to this point seriously. If the anti-gun laws never get passed, I see them going right back into their cubbyhole. Everything else up to this point has been nothing but watching, complaining about Occupy because those people should not be considered on their side, yet now they're still complaining about having them ever being there as if they weren't already there for their own ideals and that they want to talk about armed revolution only "if" the fact the anti-gun laws get put into effect.

The idea that this whole concept of their revolution came upon the ideas of anti-gun laws and practically nothing else says a lot about them. They'll just go back to being the same old ******** regardless.

So basically, if you support putting the anti-gun laws into effect, that's the only time they'll get off their asses and do something, allegedly. Being the type of war monger that I am, that's the reason I'd support the anti-gun legislature, so I can see these fat bastards getting off their collective asses to actually bother fighting for something. If it doesn't pass, they'll be against you tomorrow, just like they used to be. Keep in mind they're only saying this s**t for this one law, but you've been on the receiving end of their bullshit ever since you signed up here. I know I still am.

You've got nothing but a bunch of people claiming to be on your side due to this line, "We need these guns to protect us in case of a tyrannical government." They've never claimed the government was being tyrannical before, so why start now? How much good do you expect to come from these people? Why didn't they start saying this 10, 20, 30 years ago? They've been taking it in the metaphorical a** and only with this one ******** law do they start talking like they have the people's best interests at heart. ******** 'em.
Weretindere
deadroosters

I've actually always been the one to support killing them off. I just find it odd how everyone who has complained about revolution has only decided with the gun laws that "now" is the time they take the things I've been saying up to this point seriously. If the anti-gun laws never get passed, I see them going right back into their cubbyhole. Everything else up to this point has been nothing but watching, complaining about Occupy because those people should not be considered on their side, yet now they're still complaining about having them ever being there as if they weren't already there for their own ideals and that they want to talk about armed revolution only "if" the fact the anti-gun laws get put into effect.

Procrastinators. If they're not serious, don't humor them. A wiser use of your time would be to prepare for conflict. There isn't much time left now.

Quote:
The idea that this whole concept of their revolution came upon the ideas of anti-gun laws and practically nothing else says a lot about them. They'll just go back to being the same old ******** regardless.

Practically nothing else? You must be ignorant.

Quote:
So basically, if you support putting the anti-gun laws into effect, that's the only time they'll get off their asses and do something, allegedly. Being the type of war monger that I am, that's the reason I'd support the anti-gun legislature, so I can see these fat bastards getting off their collective asses to actually bother fighting for something. If it doesn't pass, they'll be against you tomorrow, just like they used to be. Keep in mind they're only saying this s**t for this one law, but you've been on the receiving end of their bullshit ever since you signed up here. I know I still am.

I support the government going too far. Same reason. If you're mad because nobody will fight, just do it yourself. Otherwise, you're a hypocrite.

Quote:
You've got nothing but a bunch of people claiming to be on your side due to this line, "We need these guns to protect us in case of a tyrannical government." They've never claimed the government was being tyrannical before, so why start now? How much good do you expect to come from these people? Why didn't they start saying this 10, 20, 30 years ago? They've been taking it in the metaphorical a** and only with this one ******** law do they start talking like they have the people's best interests at heart. ******** 'em.

The government has been doing tyrannical things since 1798, when they broke the 1st Amendment just because they could.
Weretindere's avatar

Kawaii Glitch

11,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
deadroosters
Otherwise, you're a hypocrite.

Same to you. In fact, you should be dead right now if you support this so much. Go do it yourself. I'm waiting.

Let's use Jared Loughner as an example. He did it himself. He was and still could be seen as the good guy, not you, never you. He killed a 9 year old? So ******** what; that's a casualty to be expected in a revolution. Here's the thing, though, he did it, but he gets condemned by the people who actually support the idea of killing them. If you don't like him, tough s**t, because he tried it, but none of you would. What are you waiting around for?

I don't have any access to weaponry, and I probably never will. You apparently are so confident in your abilities, so why not do it yourself? How long have you been talking about it? I don't talk about it; I just smile when someone actually gets the balls to do it, but I don't really care what happens, because I like watching the "hardworking Americans" get screwed, because I still don't like you enough to fight for you.

Oh and, no, the only reason they're bothering with this revolution concept is because of one law; no exceptions. Are all of you just magically waiting for a phone call and that guy to ask you if you'd care to take the red pill or the blue pill? Are you waiting for the President to legally declare it a war zone before you do anything?

There was this apparently homosexual anarchist on that "Most Wanted" show who attempted some thing called Project 7. He fired at police at some point and they apparently have no idea where he is. He attempted to form a resistance, but why don't any of you? He was going to be he leader, but none of you actually have any leadership skills, so I don't care.

In fact, why don't you "shoot me" a PM and attempt to make a meeting point somewhere around my hometown of Scranton, PA? That ex-lover military guy drove over 1600 miles to meet me over a few things that were said on OKCupid. I'm ******** waiting. I'll be your lovable little cannon fodder. Everyone on the internet takes nothing seriously, especially this place.

It's kinda like these arguments the pro-gun people use:
"Gun crime went up in other countries when guns were outlawed."
"If you ban our guns, there will be a revolution."

That right there is called cause and effect. Their revolution is nothing more than a crime statistic.
Weretindere
deadroosters
Otherwise, you're a hypocrite.

Same to you. In fact, you should be dead right now if you support this so much. Go do it yourself. I'm waiting.

Let's use Jared Loughner as an example. He did it himself. He was and still could be seen as the good guy, not you, never you. He killed a 9 year old? So ******** what; that's a casualty to be expected in a revolution. Here's the thing, though, he did it, but he gets condemned by the people who actually support the idea of killing them. If you don't like him, tough s**t, because he tried it, but none of you would. What are you waiting around for?

I don't know what that guy did or why, but public opinion here is carefully crafted to discourage revolution, revolt, violent conduct, seditious thoughts or words, etc. People don't have their own opinions in these parts, they just use what they're given to work with.

Quote:
I don't have any access to weaponry, and I probably never will. You apparently are so confident in your abilities, so why not do it yourself? How long have you been talking about it? I don't talk about it; I just smile when someone actually gets the balls to do it, but I don't really care what happens, because I like watching the "hardworking Americans" get screwed, because I still don't like you enough to fight for you.

That is a shame.

Patience. Soon, the people's ignorance will be too hard to maintain.

Since I learned of the idea itself.

I can see why you wouldn't talk about it. That's the best thing for you to do, really. You don't plan on helping.

Quote:
Oh and, no, the only reason they're bothering with this revolution concept is because of one law; no exceptions. Are all of you just magically waiting for a phone call and that guy to ask you if you'd care to take the red pill or the blue pill? Are you waiting for the President to legally declare it a war zone before you do anything?

Is that really what you think?

Quote:
There was this apparently homosexual anarchist on that "Most Wanted" show who attempted some thing called Project 7. He fired at police at some point and they apparently have no idea where he is. He attempted to form a resistance, but why don't any of you? He was going to be he leader, but none of you actually have any leadership skills, so I don't care.

A REAL AMERICAN HERO!

In fact, why don't you "shoot me" a PM and attempt to make a meeting point somewhere around my hometown of Scranton, PA? That ex-lover military guy drove over 1600 miles to meet me over a few things that were said on OKCupid. I'm ******** waiting. I'll be your lovable little cannon fodder.
******** organizing a resistance force over the internet.
Weretindere's avatar

Kawaii Glitch

11,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
deadroosters
Is that really what you think?

Yes. Have you seen how vehemently these people are against obtaining a gun from the black market or how much they're on the legal side of things? The Project 7 guy's guns were mostly unobtainable through legal means, and even with Adam Lanza, they use the argument that he "illegally obtained the gun". That doesn't even matter. How could you be for a revolution when you don't support anyone's means to get the best weaponry? The stereotypical pro-gun people can't actually be serious with this argument against illegally getting a weapon to fight them. You can be sure that they'll go through all the paperwork before they shoot someone... I don't see you as being like that, which means you're not one of them.

You can't seriously expect me to take these extremely law-abiding citizens seriously, do you? It takes being seen as a murderer to the entire country to be a revolutionary. I've sat for hours looking through crap on this computer, even pictures of babies with bullets in their heads that really didn't even phase me. I'd like to be the one with a gun, but I don't see these so-called "revolutionaries" doing anything other than fighting tooth and nail for the laws already in place. I can't actually expect them to do anything about it, either, which is why I mostly can't care enough to bother fighting these people for them. If I killed any of them, they'll say I should be locked up indefinitely, because I broke the law to kill someone they wanted dead. They wouldn't be all like, "Free him!", they'll be like, "Give him the electric chair!"

The Occupy Movement apparently started with one person making a Tweet that said something around the lines of, "Meet at [X]. Bring a tent." That's pretty much all it has to take.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games