Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
New Zealand. If you don't know were New Zealand its next to Australia.

Anyway

The Government in New Zealand has accepted gay rights for marriage.
The problem was that 75% of people were against it when they asked a vote.
But they went a head anyway. This is not the first time that New Zealand has not LISTEN to people votes!

I'm not against gay people but what gets me is the vote thing! in New Zealand. It doesn't matter what you vote for here they just go against it. So I begin to wonder why do they bother to ask our votes!

Here is the article about gay marriage been accepted

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10878200

Mega Noob

It could be argued the government is meant to protect minorities. In fact, the aristocracy was a minority back in the day when you were a colony, which needed to be protected from the Great Unwashed.

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Heimdalr
It could be argued the government is meant to protect minorities. In fact, the aristocracy was a minority back in the day when you were a colony, which needed to be protected from the Great Unwashed.

Also sad because now when you get married it says Part A and Part B instead of husband and wife which is really....sad... what is wrong saying husband and Husband on the paper why Part A and Part B?

Mega Noob

BATCATGIRL
Heimdalr

Also sad because now when you get married it says Part A and Part B instead of husband and wife which is really....sad... what is wrong saying husband and Husband on the paper why Part A and Part B?

Sounds formal. I don't think the priest would be pledged to that terminology.

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Heimdalr
BATCATGIRL
Heimdalr

Sounds formal. I don't think the priest would be pledged to that terminology.

no! saying to someone you Part A and Part B are married sounds like objects!
Everyone is so overjoyed that New Zealand legalized gay marriage. Without Google, can anyone tell me what else New Zealand has done for the world?

Without references to Lord of the Rings films or bestiality with sheep.

7,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Archaix_the_Ghast v2
Everyone is so overjoyed that New Zealand legalized gay marriage. Without Google, can anyone tell me what else New Zealand has done for the world?

Fought for Britain in two world wars.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Can it be sheep-related?

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/06/08/shrek-new-zealand's-biggest-celebrity-sheep-dies-at-16/
Camera Stellata
Archaix_the_Ghast v2

Getting wholesale slaughtered at Gallipoli is hardly something to be proud of your country for.

7,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Archaix_the_Ghast v2
Camera Stellata
Archaix_the_Ghast v2

Getting wholesale slaughtered at Gallipoli is hardly something to be proud of your country for.
Loyalty and heroism are though.

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Archaix_the_Ghast v2

New Zealand was one of the first, if not the first to give all women the right to vote.

It's a global advertising hub.

We are also major dairy producers world wide.

We were peace keepers, along side Austraila, in several wars involving the British and American and others.

We've never been a slave nation

We developed the First propeller less jet boat.

Shall I go on?
BATCATGIRL

Maori!

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
shoeless joe
BATCATGIRL

Maori!

We never slave them.

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Who cares if people voted on it or not? As long as gay marriage is made legal, it's all that matters.

7,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Super 9-Volt
Who cares if people voted on it or not? As long as gay marriage is made legal, it's all that matters.
Not totally blinkered then.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces