Total Votes:[ 15 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Fanatical Zealot

Maximilian IV
Suicidesoldier#1
Maximilian IV
Suicidesoldier#1
Maximilian IV

You possess the same argument as the NRA. Congratulations. Perhaps you should analyze this organization that you seem to support.

Already did bro.

1 million people have not died from civilian or criminal elements within the U.S. over the last 50 years; thus the concept of "millions" is basically a significant over estimation.

And it's not 1 million per year, or anything. In addition, the weapons are not pea shooters; they fire bullets. These can be used for protection, from wild animals, large objects, and even criminals. An intimidating weapon like a firearm typically causes most criminals to halt in their tracks, without every having to fire a bullet. So how many lives are saved by firearms, compared to taken? How many would be victims aren't now?

Additionally, the majority of criminals get ahold of guns, well, illegally. Ban guns and they will still get them. Say, from gun smuggling, like on the same routes of people and drug smuggling. And exotic animals. And illegal chinese iphones. You essentially, will not reduce the number of guns getting to criminals by very much; thus, it won't stop criminals, just make the populace less well armed.

So, it's not really, corruption, to secure the rights of the second amendment. The list goes on.

Just as a question, do you support cigarette use?

Never said that 1 million people have died. I used it as an example. If you reread the sentence you will notice that I said that the NRA would prefer the death of millions over the loss of their guns. Perhaps you should brush up on your linguistics. They would RATHER see this event happen. I never said that they saw the deaths of millions. I'm not surprised by your confusion, as everything you believe in is based off an age old amendment which was created in a time when violence was much more prevalent. Do you live in the wild west? If you think you do then perhaps you should get yourself checked. If you believe that you should defend your "honor" by murdering people then your intelligence is sup-par.

I merely used "pea-shooters" as a derogatory term towards firearms in general. You seem to take everything literally, interesting. You have failed to mention how firearms can be used in ANY situation. You merely pointed out situations that are convenient for what the NRA believes in (even though in reality the situation is much different, but I will get to that later). During an argument a gun can easily be pulled out, thus turning a discussion deadly. Any minor disagreement can become a deadly situation for anyone. With this in mind are you really safer with guns? With guns you will still worry about criminals, as they will have a higher chance of possessing one as well. A normal citizen tends to not share the same mindset as a criminal, whereas a criminal with a firearm usually has the mindset to kill. How many situations are there where you draw your weapon on a criminal first anyways? Unless you are a criminal yourself, this will rarely happen. The NRA's gun ideology are really making it easier for criminals. With the NRA you not only have to worry about criminals but also your neighbors and pretty much anyone on the street. With these weapons ANYONE is a threat. Also, the fact is that the American culture is VERY violent. In Switzerland, open carry is permitted and yet the gun deaths are extremely low. In fact they are LOWER than some of the open-carry STATES in the US. A country has less gun deaths than ONE state out of many. Why you may ask? Because America has a violent culture. FACT. Now many of you NRA supporters tend to argue that a gun is merely one weapon among many easily accessible weapons (knives, bats, etc). Can you kill these people from very large distances with the pull of a trigger? No, which is why that argument is invalid. FACT.

Allow guns to be obtained legally and criminals will get them legally AND illegally. Which is worse. They will have access to guns on the black market that the public cannot obtain as well as the legal guns.Thus increasing their fire power. The only thing that changes with the NRA ideology is that more criminals will have weapons. If a criminal comes at you with a gun you will most likely not be able to do anything. 1. Many people aren't prepared to take the life of another, even if he/she is a criminal. 2. How do you think you're going to pull out your weapon without the criminal noticing and shooting you? What do you NRA morons think will happen? Sounds like the NRA is just promoting the reappearance of the quick draw from the wild west. A perfect example of devolution and a perfect portrait of the intelligence of the NRA. What do guns have to do with the illegal exportation of exotic animals and fake iphones? This is completely irrelevant to the discussion, thus proving how much the NRA has drained your intelligence. Why do they have to be fake "chinese" iphones? I have even less faith in you now. Anybody can make fake iphones, you are merely stating a stereotype, thus exposing you as a racist. I do not feel comfortable with a racist, such as yourself, walking around with a gun. Sounds quite similar to the times of segregation in the US; a bunch of racists walking around killing African Americans. One again, devolution. Case closed. (Smug)

Well, your average person is highly unlikely to snap and just kill someone, even in the result of an argument. Criminals will be armed regardless of whether or not civilian avenues are allowed, since many sweatshops exist that will produce these firearms, there are plenty of firearms on the black market, over 50 million from Russia alone, that will not disappear even if we decided to ban them, from legal commercial avenues, in the U.S. Thus, criminals, who have a habitual type of behavior, not your average person who rarely commits crimes, will be able to be armed, and get illegal drugs, even if we ban them, who are our target group we're worried about doing bad things in the first place. So, banning guns from civilian hands is stupid. Unless you think you can completely stop all smuggling into the U.S., there will still be access to firearms. In fact this is where the majority of firearms used by criminals come from.

It's not racist to point out a To say, it's the Mafia, isn't racist against Italians, since I'm not talking about Italians. So, when I say, Chinese sweatshops, I'm not even talking about the poor workers in them, forced to do labor, but the evil corrupt government on top of them, forcing it.

America is not necessarily more violent; criminals are simply capable of committing more crimes. Since your average person is not actively engaged in habitual criminal activity, they typically do not randomly commit violent acts, it is typically people with no morals who do this.

So... yeah. Would you say Mexico is inherently more violent, or would you say it's up to a small percentage of individuals who are out of control in the region?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGdRigFnsZQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCpF5OS5PmQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhK4-VWvsgw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYhzI6rMOFE
Many more examples. Imagine what would happen if guns were legal? More of these situations, which would happen over very small things. Therefore, more deaths. You are merely rewording what you stated before, as I expected you to do. As I have said before the criminals will be the first to draw their weapon in most situations. In this situation you are relying on a civilian, who is probably unskilled, to perform a quick draw. Looks like it is the wild west all over again. Devolution at its finest. Giving me stats of how many guns Russians produce only furthers my point. Now criminals have that plus the legally obtained guns. Wow it looks the US can have a second military now, wow that's so cool. Lets give guns to the people who are apart of a violent culture (aka the US culture). Wow that is very smart of you. They can shoot criminals, people they don't like or people who don't give them a stick of bubble gum. What's funny is that some people who wouldn't be criminals otherwise become criminals when the get their hands on a gun. This sure is helping America to progress. As technology advances, smuggling decreases. FACT. There are only so many ways you can smuggle something. In time, we will know every trick in the book and the gun smugglers will be out of luck. You make it seem as if it is easy to smuggle something. Do you know how paranoid the US is about this s**t? Anything that has the possibility of allowing terrorism will make the US go ape s**t. You listed off almost every crime, drug smuggling, exotic animal smuggling, you name it. And then you singled out the Chinese for creating fake products. You have been exposed, racism as it its finest. America is more violent. In Switzerland you have more possibilities to kill someone and yet it is so much lower than some of the STATES in the US. This proves that America has a violent culture. A violent culture does not mean you are a criminal. It simply means you are more inclined to be violent. I'm sorry that you do not understand. Do not compare Mexico to the US. The US in general has much better living conditions than Mexico. In poorer places, violence rates are higher because it is necessary to survive. While in America, it has a background of violence that has seeped its way into modern day. Kids in America are raised in pointless violence (household firearms, violent video games, violent tv shows, etc.) If America didn't have a violent culture it wouldn't have a disturbing amount of school shootings. In case you didn't notice the US was created because of violence. Thus beginning it's violent roots.

Did you consider that since the average person is well armed in public in Switzerland that it was, this culture of armed response to violence, that decreased the violence?

The aura of fear was established that suppressed criminals and lifted up civilians. And crime dropped. Everyone feels responsible, everyone is able to defend themselves.

Perhaps this is the goal of pro gun people?

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Suicidesoldier#1
It's like saying Germany was against the Jews or something; one side was clearly evil, and it wasn't Germany so much as the Nazis, specifically, even disgusting people with power.

Wasn't even so much the Nazis, as the Nazi leaders. "I vos only followink orders" sounds like an excuse, but the milgram experiment shows it to be human nature.

Fanatical Zealot

Exoth XIII
Suicidesoldier#1
It's like saying Germany was against the Jews or something; one side was clearly evil, and it wasn't Germany so much as the Nazis, specifically, even disgusting people with power.

Wasn't even so much the Nazis, as the Nazi leaders. "I vos only followink orders" sounds like an excuse, but the milgram experiment shows it to be human nature.

Well, that's part of it.

They're not entirely sure if it's bad or not; to their knowledge, these were evil people ,and they did't have complete knowledge of what went on.

You see something suspicious, you don't do anything about it, you're just one guy. You resist yourself, speak out, you get killed.

I mean sure lots of people were probably sick and disgusting, or just selfish and cowardly, but easily half were pressured into it and didn't understand the full extent. You're a part of one camp; to your knowledge, this is 500,000 war prisoners. You only know they're being treated very harshly, not necessarily all the torture and medical experiments and God knows what else. It's easy enough to be sucked into that.

Wars were common in Europe, Germany unfairly got the short end of the stick.

Easy excuse for a war spearheaded by crazy people that do things you don't even know about.
Exoth XIII
Maximilian IV
Suicidesoldier#1
Maximilian IV
Suicidesoldier#1
Maximilian IV

Resist the American government with your guns and you will end up in living conditions that are much worse than the living conditions that you are lucky to have when comparing yourself to the rest of the world. In fact, many will not have any living conditions because they will be dead. Solving violence with violence, how smart. Once again, devolution. (Smug)

Yes, violence can be solved with violence.

I know it takes a lot of brain power to figure this one out.

An individual with sub-par intelligence does not have the capabilities of realizing that solving violence with violence merely increases tensions. Ex: Bloods and Crips, Israeli-Palestinian conflict, the Congo War, the list goes on. Violence can only be solved with violence for a certain amount of time. It does not make any sense that violence would lower tension between anything or anyone.

That's not really true; if you wipe out your enemy, they cease to exist, and the violence ends.

Say, the Nazis; not a whole lot of nazis around right now, causing problems.

Could violence have been the solution to this?

The reality is, it was.

Defeating your opponent is a sure fire way to get them to stop.

Violence only begets more violence if you lose, thus being good at it is a staple to ensuring there will be less violence.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm so now you support genocide. Very disturbing NRA ideology. The Israeli-Palestinian conflict has been going on since the 1800s. The winner is constantly changing. Tensions continue to arise. Nothing is perfect in this world, violence inflicts wounds that can never be mended. Even if you beat someone enough they will always remember it. The only way to truly solve it is through diplomatic means. This is the sophisticated way of doing it, which is obviously foreign to the NRA. (Smug).

Israel is likewise a bad example. They're literally surrounded by enemies, in spite of repeated diplomatic efforts. (With our backing, no less.) Self defense, and the defense of others, is a rare example where violence may be necessary. There's a reason why nobody invades Israel, and it ain't diplomacy.

Actually it is a perfect example. All of these countries didn't just become countries all at once. It happened over time in the past and the tensions have carried on until today. Why? Because all of these countries are trying to use violence to solve their problems, and thus the problem is never solved. In fact, in many situations Israel is the one INVADING other countries. It is not self-defense. It is the result of a violent past. The only true way to solve violence is through diplomacy. It may be difficult to achieve diplomacy with such a long past of violence but without diplomacy the tensions will ALWAYS be there. There is a reason why repeated diplomatic efforts haven't worked. It is because of violence. History has proven this.
Exoth XIII
Maximilian IV
Now criminals have that plus the legally obtained guns.

People with a criminal history can't get licensed.
Quote:
They can shoot criminals, people they don't like or people who don't give them a stick of bubble gum.

Hilarious. Quick question.
When was the last mass shooting that happened at a gun show?
'S'right, they were all in "gun free zones." Imagine that, massacres are more likely to happen in places where people can't legally shoot back.
Quote:
What's funny is that some people who wouldn't be criminals otherwise become criminals when the get their hands on a gun.

Which would make banning guns pointless, in terms of gun control. It would create a larger underground demand for guns, which would step up underground production. All you'd do is drive up civvie-government tensions. Good plan.
Quote:
As technology advances, smuggling decreases.

Yep, war on drugs is doing fantastic, right now, what with all the tech we got.
Quote:
In Switzerland you have more possibilities to kill someone and yet it is so much lower than some of the STATES in the US.

They have a smaller population than most of our states. (If not all of them, I don't care to look it up.)
Quote:
This proves that America has a violent culture. A violent culture does not mean you are a criminal. It simply means you are more inclined to be violent. I'm sorry that you do not understand. Do not compare Mexico to the US. The US in general has much better living conditions than Mexico. In poorer places, violence rates are higher because it is necessary to survive. While in America, it has a background of violence that has seeped its way into modern day.

Spoken like a man with a silver spoon up his a**.
A LOT of violence here DOES happen in poorer places. I know it's hard for you middle class kids to believe, but you're not poor. You've never been poor. Go into the city. You'll see poor people there. They're the ones who have to sell either bodies or drugs to put roofs over their heads.
Quote:
Kids in America are raised in pointless violence (household firearms, violent video games, violent tv shows, etc.) If America didn't have a violent culture it wouldn't have a disturbing amount of school shootings.

Schools are gun-free zones. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Quote:
In case you didn't notice the US was created because of violence. Thus beginning it's violent roots.

Most countries, if not all of them, have violence in their roots. We're just honest about it.

You cannot get a gun if you HAVE a criminal record. You are assuming that all criminals have a criminal record. Many of the psychopaths who engaged in mass shootings did not have any kind of criminal past. Many organized crime members do not have a criminal record either, as they have never been caught (funny how corruption works right?). Many criminals will find a way to access the legal guns whether you like it or not. An area where you can legally carry around guns is different than a gun-show. No one is going to be carrying around military grade weapons on a daily basis. If anything the only thing people carry around is a pistol. Criminals tend to bring in an assault rifle of some kind, which they usually just shoot aimlessly into a crowd of people, killing many. Before you people manage to kill the criminal, a large amount of innocent people will already be dead. 20 people are worth the same as one life. Wow that makes a lot of sense. This is why violence can't be solved with violence. If everyone is given a gun, the problem won't be solved. No one can be ready for a mass shooting when it actually happens. Want to solve this problem completely? The government should begin by cutting down on corruption and crime, and establishing better health care, so that all people with mental disorders will be able to get help. There are ways to stop this. Only you NRA supporters just want to see the violent route.

Switzerland having a smaller population is not an excuse. If they had a larger one it would be the same. They just have a peaceful culture, they have had this for years. THAT is the reason why it is so low, not the amount of people living there. They even have an extremely low amount of gun deaths based on the amount of people they have. Louisiana is the #1 state in your country for gun violence. And yet it has a SMALLER population than Switzerland. This is irrefutable evidence. You cannot use the US as having a large population as an excuse for gun violence. It is simply the culture that many grow up in.

Even though you are a cynical American, you should realize that they have made advancements on the war on drugs. The US has continued to advance their research. I never said that it has been won yet, but in the future it will.

You don't have to be selling your body or drugs on the street to be poor. If that's what you're saying is poor then you are insulting a large amount of your population by saying that they have been born with a silver spoon up their a**. Your ignorance is amazing. Anyways in general America does a have a better quality of life than Mexico. It is a fact. All you Americans are always complaining about how too many Mexicans are immigrating to the US and so on and so forth. Ever wonder WHY that happens? Because America simply has a better quality of life. I know that and the Mexican immigrants know that as well.

So you think teachers should have guns? Great, I'm sure all the parents will feel great knowing that the kids will spend the day with a GUN in the room. Here's a couple of examples that will happen if guns are allowed into the schooling system. Class gets out of control, teachers pulls out gun. Student manages to get a hold of the gun. And if there was a school shooter what do you think would happen? Do you expect the teacher to have a firefight with the shooter? Thus putting the lives of the children in more danger? In the Sandy Hook shooting many kids hid in a crawl space. What if there was a firefight in that room? With bullets flying everywhere from the shooters assault rifle, they could easily unintentionally kill everyone who is hiding. This is NOT how the children should be raised, on guns and violence. This will only drive America further into the ground.

Just thought I'd throw it out there, no violence, no America. Without the war, America wouldn't exist. Yes almost every country has a violent past, but a lot of them don't romanticize these violent events like the US does. (Smug)
redroosters V
Maximilian IV
redroosters V
Maximilian IV
Much like the NRA, an extremist group in the US. So corrupt that they would rather see the death of millions rather than have their pea shooters taken away from them. Sad fact is that the NRA is a reality and until they are gone, America will always be in danger.

so we should just give up the ability to resist fascism
that's a great idea

stop ******** trolling

Resist the American government with your guns and you will end up in living conditions that are much worse than the living conditions that you are lucky to have when comparing yourself to the rest of the world. In fact, many will not have any living conditions because they will be dead. Solving violence with violence, how smart. Once again, devolution. (Smug)

I don't give a s**t about "living conditions", ******** it, we gotta stop evil.

That is what you consider evil? Well you obviously have a very demonic view on the US government as you thought that it was a fascist government, quite satirical I must mention. Try living in North Korea that is true evil.
Suicidesoldier#1
Maximilian IV
Suicidesoldier#1
Maximilian IV
Suicidesoldier#1
Maximilian IV

Yes, violence can be solved with violence.

I know it takes a lot of brain power to figure this one out.

An individual with sub-par intelligence does not have the capabilities of realizing that solving violence with violence merely increases tensions. Ex: Bloods and Crips, Israeli-Palestinian conflict, the Congo War, the list goes on. Violence can only be solved with violence for a certain amount of time. It does not make any sense that violence would lower tension between anything or anyone.

That's not really true; if you wipe out your enemy, they cease to exist, and the violence ends.

Say, the Nazis; not a whole lot of nazis around right now, causing problems.

Could violence have been the solution to this?

The reality is, it was.

Defeating your opponent is a sure fire way to get them to stop.

Violence only begets more violence if you lose, thus being good at it is a staple to ensuring there will be less violence.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm so now you support genocide. Very disturbing NRA ideology. The Israeli-Palestinian conflict has been going on since the 1800s. The winner is constantly changing. Tensions continue to arise. Nothing is perfect in this world, violence inflicts wounds that can never be mended. Even if you beat someone enough they will always remember it. The only way to truly solve it is through diplomatic means. This is the sophisticated way of doing it, which is obviously foreign to the NRA. (Smug).

Killing nazis =/= genocide.

There are bad people; the average Palestinian, the average Israeli, does not care very much; in fact, it is a small extremist sect of Palestinians who run around killing innocent people, even Palestinians, who are causing most of the problems.

Eliminate them, and the problem is over. The Israeli will go back home, the average Palestinian, and he problems are solved. It's like saying Germany was against the Jews or something; one side was clearly evil, and it wasn't Germany so much as the Nazis, specifically, even disgusting people with power.

The issue should be resolved diplomatically, but when people don't get their way, many times they will respond violently, justifiably or not. And you must possess ways to physically defend yourself against human irrationality.

Completely wiping out a group of people is Genocide. An example is when the Tutsi's were massacred in Rwanda. It is the same thing. Not all Nazi's were bad, a common misconception by NRA supporters. Many had families that they were trying to feed. Not all Nazis were bad, in fact many were forced to become Nazis. Therefore you have a very sick view on the Nazi party. During WWII everyone committed evil acts, do not be ignorant. Including the US. By nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki it killed tons of people instantly. That was evil. So you think that the whole Israeli and Palestinian army/government should be murdered? You want to remove the people who are causing the problems. Yes you have an amazing, remove their government and their protection. I'm sure that will work out well. What are they feeding you NRA supporters? This is comedy hahahaahahha!

You want to resolve everything diplomatically. Then why do you want to give everyone guns before the base problems among the American people that are causing gun violence in the first place are solved? Before we are armed to the teeth, we should begin to understand what pushes someone towards gun violence and then help prevent many people from doing the same. And if this did happen, guns wouldn't be needed among civilians anyways as this mindset would be implemented. They would only be needed for hunting which is how it should stay.
Maximilian IV
redroosters V
Maximilian IV
redroosters V
Maximilian IV
Much like the NRA, an extremist group in the US. So corrupt that they would rather see the death of millions rather than have their pea shooters taken away from them. Sad fact is that the NRA is a reality and until they are gone, America will always be in danger.

that's a great idea

stop ******** trolling

That is what you consider evil? Well you obviously have a very demonic view on the US government as you thought that it was a fascist government, quite satirical I must mention. Try living in North Korea that is true evil.

It's all the same. United States is just a little better at PR, and has more nukes so people leave us the ******** alone.
Suicidesoldier#1
Maximilian IV
Suicidesoldier#1
Maximilian IV
Suicidesoldier#1
Maximilian IV

You possess the same argument as the NRA. Congratulations. Perhaps you should analyze this organization that you seem to support.

Already did bro.

1 million people have not died from civilian or criminal elements within the U.S. over the last 50 years; thus the concept of "millions" is basically a significant over estimation.

And it's not 1 million per year, or anything. In addition, the weapons are not pea shooters; they fire bullets. These can be used for protection, from wild animals, large objects, and even criminals. An intimidating weapon like a firearm typically causes most criminals to halt in their tracks, without every having to fire a bullet. So how many lives are saved by firearms, compared to taken? How many would be victims aren't now?

Additionally, the majority of criminals get ahold of guns, well, illegally. Ban guns and they will still get them. Say, from gun smuggling, like on the same routes of people and drug smuggling. And exotic animals. And illegal chinese iphones. You essentially, will not reduce the number of guns getting to criminals by very much; thus, it won't stop criminals, just make the populace less well armed.

So, it's not really, corruption, to secure the rights of the second amendment. The list goes on.

Just as a question, do you support cigarette use?

Never said that 1 million people have died. I used it as an example. If you reread the sentence you will notice that I said that the NRA would prefer the death of millions over the loss of their guns. Perhaps you should brush up on your linguistics. They would RATHER see this event happen. I never said that they saw the deaths of millions. I'm not surprised by your confusion, as everything you believe in is based off an age old amendment which was created in a time when violence was much more prevalent. Do you live in the wild west? If you think you do then perhaps you should get yourself checked. If you believe that you should defend your "honor" by murdering people then your intelligence is sup-par.

I merely used "pea-shooters" as a derogatory term towards firearms in general. You seem to take everything literally, interesting. You have failed to mention how firearms can be used in ANY situation. You merely pointed out situations that are convenient for what the NRA believes in (even though in reality the situation is much different, but I will get to that later). During an argument a gun can easily be pulled out, thus turning a discussion deadly. Any minor disagreement can become a deadly situation for anyone. With this in mind are you really safer with guns? With guns you will still worry about criminals, as they will have a higher chance of possessing one as well. A normal citizen tends to not share the same mindset as a criminal, whereas a criminal with a firearm usually has the mindset to kill. How many situations are there where you draw your weapon on a criminal first anyways? Unless you are a criminal yourself, this will rarely happen. The NRA's gun ideology are really making it easier for criminals. With the NRA you not only have to worry about criminals but also your neighbors and pretty much anyone on the street. With these weapons ANYONE is a threat. Also, the fact is that the American culture is VERY violent. In Switzerland, open carry is permitted and yet the gun deaths are extremely low. In fact they are LOWER than some of the open-carry STATES in the US. A country has less gun deaths than ONE state out of many. Why you may ask? Because America has a violent culture. FACT. Now many of you NRA supporters tend to argue that a gun is merely one weapon among many easily accessible weapons (knives, bats, etc). Can you kill these people from very large distances with the pull of a trigger? No, which is why that argument is invalid. FACT.

Allow guns to be obtained legally and criminals will get them legally AND illegally. Which is worse. They will have access to guns on the black market that the public cannot obtain as well as the legal guns.Thus increasing their fire power. The only thing that changes with the NRA ideology is that more criminals will have weapons. If a criminal comes at you with a gun you will most likely not be able to do anything. 1. Many people aren't prepared to take the life of another, even if he/she is a criminal. 2. How do you think you're going to pull out your weapon without the criminal noticing and shooting you? What do you NRA morons think will happen? Sounds like the NRA is just promoting the reappearance of the quick draw from the wild west. A perfect example of devolution and a perfect portrait of the intelligence of the NRA. What do guns have to do with the illegal exportation of exotic animals and fake iphones? This is completely irrelevant to the discussion, thus proving how much the NRA has drained your intelligence. Why do they have to be fake "chinese" iphones? I have even less faith in you now. Anybody can make fake iphones, you are merely stating a stereotype, thus exposing you as a racist. I do not feel comfortable with a racist, such as yourself, walking around with a gun. Sounds quite similar to the times of segregation in the US; a bunch of racists walking around killing African Americans. One again, devolution. Case closed. (Smug)

Well, your average person is highly unlikely to snap and just kill someone, even in the result of an argument. Criminals will be armed regardless of whether or not civilian avenues are allowed, since many sweatshops exist that will produce these firearms, there are plenty of firearms on the black market, over 50 million from Russia alone, that will not disappear even if we decided to ban them, from legal commercial avenues, in the U.S. Thus, criminals, who have a habitual type of behavior, not your average person who rarely commits crimes, will be able to be armed, and get illegal drugs, even if we ban them, who are our target group we're worried about doing bad things in the first place. So, banning guns from civilian hands is stupid. Unless you think you can completely stop all smuggling into the U.S., there will still be access to firearms. In fact this is where the majority of firearms used by criminals come from.

It's not racist to point out a To say, it's the Mafia, isn't racist against Italians, since I'm not talking about Italians. So, when I say, Chinese sweatshops, I'm not even talking about the poor workers in them, forced to do labor, but the evil corrupt government on top of them, forcing it.

America is not necessarily more violent; criminals are simply capable of committing more crimes. Since your average person is not actively engaged in habitual criminal activity, they typically do not randomly commit violent acts, it is typically people with no morals who do this.

So... yeah. Would you say Mexico is inherently more violent, or would you say it's up to a small percentage of individuals who are out of control in the region?

Many more examples. Imagine what would happen if guns were legal? More of these situations, which would happen over very small things. Therefore, more deaths. You are merely rewording what you stated before, as I expected you to do. As I have said before the criminals will be the first to draw their weapon in most situations. In this situation you are relying on a civilian, who is probably unskilled, to perform a quick draw. Looks like it is the wild west all over again. Devolution at its finest. Giving me stats of how many guns Russians produce only furthers my point. Now criminals have that plus the legally obtained guns. Wow it looks the US can have a second military now, wow that's so cool. Lets give guns to the people who are apart of a violent culture (aka the US culture). Wow that is very smart of you. They can shoot criminals, people they don't like or people who don't give them a stick of bubble gum. What's funny is that some people who wouldn't be criminals otherwise become criminals when the get their hands on a gun. This sure is helping America to progress. As technology advances, smuggling decreases. FACT. There are only so many ways you can smuggle something. In time, we will know every trick in the book and the gun smugglers will be out of luck. You make it seem as if it is easy to smuggle something. Do you know how paranoid the US is about this s**t? Anything that has the possibility of allowing terrorism will make the US go ape s**t. You listed off almost every crime, drug smuggling, exotic animal smuggling, you name it. And then you singled out the Chinese for creating fake products. You have been exposed, racism as it its finest. America is more violent. In Switzerland you have more possibilities to kill someone and yet it is so much lower than some of the STATES in the US. This proves that America has a violent culture. A violent culture does not mean you are a criminal. It simply means you are more inclined to be violent. I'm sorry that you do not understand. Do not compare Mexico to the US. The US in general has much better living conditions than Mexico. In poorer places, violence rates are higher because it is necessary to survive. While in America, it has a background of violence that has seeped its way into modern day. Kids in America are raised in pointless violence (household firearms, violent video games, violent tv shows, etc.) If America didn't have a violent culture it wouldn't have a disturbing amount of school shootings. In case you didn't notice the US was created because of violence. Thus beginning it's violent roots.

Did you consider that since the average person is well armed in public in Switzerland that it was, this culture of armed response to violence, that decreased the violence?

The aura of fear was established that suppressed criminals and lifted up civilians. And crime dropped. Everyone feels responsible, everyone is able to defend themselves.

No, from a very young age people Swiss people are taught the dangers of a gun and how to handle it responsibly. They have practically had this idea of responsibility for centuries.
"Government figures show about 0.5 gun homicides per 100,000 inhabitants in 2010. By comparison, the U.S rate in the same year was about 5 firearm killings per 100,000 people, according to a 2011 U.N. report." (WorldTime, "The Swiss Difference: A Gun Culture That Works", worldtime [online], http://world.time.com/2012/12/20/the-swiss-difference-a-gun-culture-that-works/, Accessed July 13th 2013). In Switzerland the children do not grow up on thoughts of pointless violence like American kids do. They are taught responsibility and from a young age they are taught the sport of sharpshooting. In Switzerland guns are mainly used for sharpshooting or hunting. The ONLY reason why Switzerland has a lower gun violence death rate than America is the culture. It is not because everyone possesses a gun. Just as a note, In Colorado you can carry a concealed weapon (even in a movie theater) and yet nobody was able to stop the Aurora shooter. He wasn't afraid to open fire on these people. More guns wont solve the problem, changing the American culture will. FACT. (Smug)
redroosters V
Maximilian IV
redroosters V
Maximilian IV
redroosters V
Maximilian IV

that's a great idea

stop ******** trolling

It's all the same. United States is just a little better at PR, and has more nukes so people leave us the ******** alone.

Doesn't sound like a fascist government to me. Doesn't sound evil either. Doubt a dictator would be skilled in public relations (and there's no doubt that a dictator is evil). If other countries leave the US alone then why were they threatened by North Korea?
Maximilian IV
redroosters V
Maximilian IV
redroosters V
Maximilian IV

Doesn't sound like a fascist government to me. Doesn't sound evil either. Doubt a dictator would be skilled in public relations (and there's no doubt that a dictator is evil). If other countries leave the US alone then why were they threatened by North Korea?

Because North Korea threatened South Korea, which is a Western state for all intents and purposes.
Maximilian IV
Suicidesoldier#1
Maximilian IV
Suicidesoldier#1
Maximilian IV

No, from a very young age people Swiss people are taught the dangers of a gun and how to handle it responsibly. They have practically had this idea of responsibility for centuries.
"Government figures show about 0.5 gun homicides per 100,000 inhabitants in 2010. By comparison, the U.S rate in the same year was about 5 firearm killings per 100,000 people, according to a 2011 U.N. report." (WorldTime, "The Swiss Difference: A Gun Culture That Works", worldtime [online], http://world.time.com/2012/12/20/the-swiss-difference-a-gun-culture-that-works/, Accessed July 13th 2013). In Switzerland the children do not grow up on thoughts of pointless violence like American kids do. They are taught responsibility and from a young age they are taught the sport of sharpshooting. In Switzerland guns are mainly used for sharpshooting or hunting. The ONLY reason why Switzerland has a lower gun violence death rate than America is the culture. It is not because everyone possesses a gun. Just as a note, In Colorado you can carry a concealed weapon (even in a movie theater) and yet nobody was able to stop the Aurora shooter. He wasn't afraid to open fire on these people. More guns wont solve the problem, changing the American culture will. FACT. (Smug)

Isn't it weird that nobody's asking why that guy shot that place up, just using it to further their anti-gun stance?
redroosters V
Maximilian IV
redroosters V
Maximilian IV
redroosters V
Maximilian IV

Because North Korea threatened South Korea, which is a Western state for all intents and purposes.

North Korea wants to invade the US because the US harmed them during the past. FACT. Attempting to solve violence with violence never works, as can be seen again in this example.
redroosters V
Maximilian IV
Suicidesoldier#1
Maximilian IV
Suicidesoldier#1
Maximilian IV

Isn't it weird that nobody's asking why that guy shot that place up, just using it to further their anti-gun stance?

If you look at my other posts you will notice that I already covered that. Instead of giving people guns and attempting to solve violence with violence we should first understand what causes people to kill people with firearms. In fact its a perfect example for why guns should not be made legal. It is legal to carry in Colorado and yet it did NOTHING in protecting these innocent people from the shooter.

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Suicidesoldier#1
but easily half were pressured into it and didn't understand the full extent. You're a part of one camp; to your knowledge, this is 500,000 war prisoners. You only know they're being treated very harshly, not necessarily all the torture and medical experiments and God knows what else. It's easy enough to be sucked into that.

Not too many of the people who DID see the worst of it objected either. You're right about one thing; they were pressured into it. You'd be surprised how far a stern look and apparent authority will let you move a person.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff