Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

Was checking out on Tumblr and there was a reblog about how Peta are saying "ASH KETCHUM HATES PIKACHU."

Not only that, they are actually against the Black and White 2 game and how Team Plasma should be the protagonist.

You can all find the links at thier PETA website but I'm not going to post it here.

But really, it finally took the PETA about this game?

-~--~-

Tipsy Phantom

I read and played the game this morning and laughed at all the flaws.

It wasn't that bad of a game though, just ignore the stupid story. Haha.

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
Bioexorcist
I read and played the game this morning and laughed at all the flaws.

It wasn't that bad of a game though, just ignore the stupid story. Haha.

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

I haven't really tried the game. xD But I kind of stay away from PETA since they tend to get gorey especially on "cute and innocent" looking characters. e_e

I also remembered playing thier Mario Game. I just feel really weird and unclean the way the game works. gonk

-~--~-

Tipsy Phantom

The pokemon are all beat up with shock collars and stuff, the only thing you need to do is ignore the "Treasures" it's videos of slaughter farms. I don't get how Pokemon relate to real life animals.

At the end of the game one of the pokemon is like "OMG There's a group trying to free Pokemon! They're called Team Plasma!"

In my eyes it makes a funny start to Black/White. Plasma = PETA to me now lol

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
Bioexorcist
The pokemon are all beat up with shock collars and stuff, the only thing you need to do is ignore the "Treasures" it's videos of slaughter farms. I don't get how Pokemon relate to real life animals.

At the end of the game one of the pokemon is like "OMG There's a group trying to free Pokemon! They're called Team Plasma!"

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

Yeaah, that's why I'm staying away from their games. xD Basically they would do almost ANYTHING to get their "point" across.

But the thing is, Pokemon has been out since 1996 and PETA hasn't done a damn thing about it until now. Though I wonder all of this "Team Plasma" talk is what began the riot, which is stupid because Plasma still use thier pokemon to attack other people, let alone "steal." e_e

-~--~-

Tipsy Phantom

[Shewolf]
Bioexorcist

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

Yeaah, that's why I'm staying away from their games. xD Basically they would do almost ANYTHING to get their "point" across.

But the thing is, Pokemon has been out since 1996 and PETA hasn't done a damn thing about it until now. Though I wonder all of this "Team Plasma" talk is what began the riot, which is stupid because Plasma still use thier pokemon to attack other people, let alone "steal." e_e

-~--~-

Exactly! That's what a bunch of us were discussing earlier at my house. It's quite hilarious.

Invisible Humorist

11,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
The interesting thing here is that under N, Team Plasma's goals are actually quite respectable. They wish to free pokemon from their servitude. Hell, I can go along with that. The whole point of Black and White is opposing views and goals and no clear definition of right and wrong.

But the problem is in Ghetsis's leadership. He has secret agendas and leads Team Plasma into forcing others to release their pokemon, even going as far as to steal them. Many of the grunts you fight don't care for their pokemon and use them as tools, just as bad as Team Rocket.

PETA even uses Ghetsis as a bad guy in the flash game AND MAKES IT CLEAR THEY KNEW THE ENDING OF B/W.
So it looks like they just ignored the rest of what's important about Pokemon, specifically B/W, and decided to make a game completely blowing the abuse out of the water.
And not to mention supporting human assault, lol.

Also, Ash cramming Pikachu into a pokeball? REALLY?

Otherwise, the game is laughable and hilarious. I love the pokemon character designs they used and saw how each has a specific focus toward what PETA protests. Which was interesting. xD
I could have done without the slaughter video though. Nope, nope, nope.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
funny thing is they're trying to get little kids to play it.

Kawaii Prophet

10,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
This is a pretty funny parody, but if they were trying to make a legitimate point about Pokemon being abused and treated like slaves...Stupid video game that completely ignores one of the main messages of Pokemon from Day 1: The relationship between a Pokemon Trainer is (In almost all cases, save the teams and a few trainers) not master/slave. I mean, even in Pokemon the First Movie, Mewtwo asks Pikachu if it is Ash's slave (basically), and it's Pikachu that says no. PETA has it completely wrong, and I have a feeling they're gonna get one hell of a lawsuit from Nintendo. lol

Sexy Goat

30,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image
Be Polite. Be efficient.

Oh PETA... Did you forget that there are moments like this?

Have a plan to kill everyone you meet

Muscular Counselor

11,200 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Eh, I just do not take them seriously anymore. Let them have their fun. Sooner or later they will realize that they will have more people laughing at them as opposed to supporting them.

5,000 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Gaian 50
PETA is so dumb...I mean, really? Going after a ******** video game?? Hello!! Pokemon aren't real! (Although I would be absolutely ecstatic if they were.) There was a guy in KY who beat a kitten in the head with a golf club, go after him!

Bottom line, the whole thing is a bunch of BS. I've been playing Pokemon for 15 years, and I have no intention of stopping.

Timid Generator

I now have reason to believe that PETA is a social experiment being run by the government to see how much they can offend people.
They think they have the best intentions... but really, Pokemon?
/smh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces