Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mythical Gem

13,425 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
All gens have their pluses and minuses to be quite honest, whether it's memorable or not is up to each individual. Although I find X&Y lacking, they introduced big changes into the Pokemon games(3D etc.) and I believe saying that they're unmemorable isn't an accurate description of them. The plot was lacking in many aspects, from Team Flare, post game, the storyline, and etc which made the game felt incomplete? I don't know...

Indulgent Consumer

I'd say everything post gen 3 games began a track of linear gameplay. Sinnoh onward, games were more A to B, and focused more on "here is the story and bad guy, go after them and the plot".

To be fair, its not easy to make the same game (essentially) more than a few times before you reuse and repeat mechanics both in gameplay and writing.

Adding the fact that the game is made for a general target audience and that's how you get the restrictions the series has had. That's how I see it anyways. It helps explain folks that are very seriously gen1/2 only. The way I see it, gen 3 was the end of any real originality that could wow folks playing and even then its on the line. Gen 4 o ward and the games basically end up doing what I explained earlier.

High-functioning Pumpkin

21,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
Snarwin
Eridanos
There's no noticeable character development or extra story to find after the game is done.

Did you not do the Looker Bureau sidequest?
i didn't but I saw the wiki for it. Then forgot about it. Didn't look interesting so I never got around it, but maybe I should.

Did the game ever prompt you to go back to lumiose? I honestly forgot if it did. Or do you have to trigger the sidequest yourself?

Shy Bunny

Eridanos
Erin puppy
um, pokemon x is completely memorable for me
it was the first time we got to play with 3D models!
not to mention, mega evolution, kanto starters, mewtwo with original red blue sound track remix, kalos pokemon designs were the first pokemon I actually like more than gen 1. I got to customize my character and play and feed and pet my pokemon, and use the PSS and super training.
I remember the desert and the swamp and all the other places, I just didn't spend as much time in them because these games are pretty easy for adults.

the story and in game content were lacking though and the music was lame, the music should have been paid more attention to, for the first game to introduce so much new stuff the music should have been more memorable..

I don't think "being in 3D" should be a plus factor for a good game. Ocarina of Time was in 3D, but that wasn't the reason why it was such a great game. Not being 3D didn't make A Link to the Past a worse game either. I don't consider being in 3D a factor in being a memorable game, unless the graphics are extremely cutting edge.

Having Kanto stuff doesn't make Kalos a better region. That's like saying Zelda is great for having things it already had in the old games. If they wanted to make this game more unique, they shouldn't rely on old Pokemon unless it's for something new, like Mega-evolution.

I like Pokemon-Amie, swarms, and Mega-Evolution and I loved customizing my trainer, but I wished there was more than just the surface level.

Faceless Prism
"Unmemorable".

Gen VI had:
- 3D
- A more serious plot than what you'd find in some other pokemon games(specificly the first two gens)
- awesome music holy crap.(Powerplant's music, Lysandre's battle theme, E4 and champion and legendary battle themes. Though, the gym leader theme was kinda meh to me. Also lovely route and town music when it wasn't too close to the generic pokemon thing.)
- Interesting new pokemon
- Mega. Evolution. Mega evolution. While not necessary, it was memorable for sure.
- 3-part pokedex.
- Character customisation
- A new type.

You're right about the champion though, and Team Flare was pretty average when it came to the execution of their plans for most of the game. And not all the towns or songs were very memorable. But Gen VI had a lot of memorable stuff to it.

My main complaint is that there wasn't enough to do. Not enough side stuff. The battle maisson is nice and all, but its not as varied as the frontiers of Hoenn or Sihnno.

Having a new type, megas, and character customization were fun concepts but I felt the game was too short and it didn't make you backtrack a lot so you could potentially visit one city/town and never visit it again. I remember that really nice castle near the beginning of the game. Really pretty and stuff. never visited again. I didn't have a reason to. I literally cannot remember any of the town names aside from Lumiose and Anistar.

I think Gen 6 failed to be memorable because of the lack in content, not because of the mechanics. The game mechanics were fun, but that was it. I can't even name one NPC I really liked aside from Lysandre, Sycamore, or AZ. There's no noticeable character development or extra story to find after the game is done.

Story/world building wise, Kalos feels like a giant empty shell that had so much potential. Why didn't they make a post game, where you could find AZ and talk to him some more? Or maybe sve Lysandre from the Team Flare ruins? They could have used your 3 friends and rivals more towards the story. I only really liked Shauna since she got the most development out of the 3. By giving you 3 friends, they couldn't focus on all of them so they end up feeling like background characters.

The music is really an opinionated thing, but I felt like it didn't work for me because it didn't have any memorable tunes. We only fought Lysandre like 3 times, so I don't remember his theme that well. :B I'm sure it was awesome, but it doesn't make up for the lack of other memorable songs, imo. same goes for the powerplant theme. only went there once, so I don't remember if the song is good or not.

How you feel about the music kinda depends on (1) how often you go into a situation where the music is present or (2) whether or not you stop and listen. Considering I'm a musician, I literally can not stop myself from listening to songs, so that's probably why I liked at least half of XY's soundtrack.

You make a good point about the towns though. Some were just 'go once, never again' unless you needed to fly to get to one of the connected routes or if the town happened to contain pokemon you needed for dexfilling. The really memorable ones either had useful things(name person, drink-seller, move deleter/reminder) or were enormous pains in the a** to navigate(Lumiose, Lumiose, Lumiose, oh and Lumiose! X( ).

And honestly, these games did lack in sidecontent and postgame content. Sidequests give a game more stuff to do whenever, and postgame content gives you something to do once the story's done. Lacking these kinda left XY kind of empty.(Though the Looker thing was a nice postgame story. And the friend safari was a nice little feature.)

Honestly, XY could have done much better, but it was still really memorable for a variety of reasons.
Eridanos
Snarwin
Eridanos
There's no noticeable character development or extra story to find after the game is done.

i didn't but I saw the wiki for it. Then forgot about it. Didn't look interesting so I never got around it, but maybe I should.

Did the game ever prompt you to go back to lumiose? I honestly forgot if it did. Or do you have to trigger the sidequest yourself?

Doesn't the Professor ask you to go to Lumiose, so he can give you the train pass to get to the town with the Battle Maison?

In any case, I don't remember having to do anything special to trigger the sidequest.

High-functioning Pumpkin

21,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
Snarwin
Eridanos
Snarwin
Eridanos

Doesn't the Professor ask you to go to Lumiose, so he can give you the train pass to get to the town with the Battle Maison?

In any case, I don't remember having to do anything special to trigger the sidequest.
I got the ticket to go to the Battle Maison, but never got the prompt to look for Looker.

/shrugs maybe I did and just forgot.

Fuzzy Animal

16,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

User ImageUser Image

I am the Fire Lucario, forever cursed by his flames

Well I have to say besides Gen 1 and 2, Gen 4 was the most remember able to me (got involved with the mythology)

What I have to say about Gen 6:

Pros:
3D models
Finally can sit
Found out that you can actually use the bathroom!!!! (three star restaurant, talk to one of the waitresses)
Mega Evolution
Pokemon Amie (shiny riolu.... too cute...)
Character Customization
Ending after credits actually was beautiful
Moving in all directions
Korrina
Berry Farm
Elite Four

Cons:
After story was bleh, besides the Looker Bureau
Locked power plants which will never get an event to let you in
No way of catching event pokemon thanks to no special keys or item events
Can't remember over half the towns
No move tutors for the moves we all love like ice punch and etc
Tutors are a complete pain to find
You run out of money so easily that you're forced to battle in the dinners
Tipping
Why no explain AZ pokemon?
You learn about Hoppa if you put him on the game by going to the golden castle, when X&Y will never get an event to get Hoppa or any other event
Volcanion has something to do about lumiose city's blackouts, but will never shed light on this
No explanation for Diance whatsoever, unless you watch the movie
What happened to Lyzandre? Did he actually die? Explain pokemon and once you do add some more dark stuff to the games.
Sycamore, you're a professor, you're not supposed to lose so easily, was you're presence only to be attractive to female's?
Nice try with the pokegear, but you gave us no reason to start chaining like Gen 4 did with the hidden pokemon
Why isn't the pokemon war explained further?
So Keldeo doesn't have to accomplish anything to be resolute?
I only remember Mewtwo's and Korrina's music
So Zyguard, your pokedex says that you appear when there is trouble to restore balance and that you see everything, still why aren't you explained?!?
Sushi Bowl Dinner was useless
I could barely explore anywhere
Rotom lives in a trash can now?
Apparently Zoroark naturally appear in Pokemon Village, is this why getting there is difficult, illusions?
Running Shoes became useless
Why is there a statue dedicated to a golden Magikarp?!?

Apparently I should work for pokesins

I am loved by my trainer. She is the only one that can touch me
WinterRainRose

User Image

Okami Tenrou's Waifu

Witty Conversationalist

Really? That's how I felt about Black/White, much less so XY. XY felt like it had enough of older content + newer stuff that it was really interesting to me.

I agree on the Diantha, though. I wish they had made her more involved. In general, I liked the Elite 4 battles, but the characters had less of an impact on me.

As for remembering where the move deleter and stuff were, I always forgot, no matter what gen I was playing. Thank god for google!

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Hero 100
Not really unmemorable for me... It's actually one of my favorites (along with Soul Silver)... Heck, I haven't had this much fun playing a Pokémon game since I played Soul Silver... But I guess it depends on the stuff a person is into... Like how a lot of ppl really, really like the Hoenn games (which I found kinda boring)... cat_smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff