Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Raider

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Captain McToasty
Sign me up for the fire tournament and I'll decide later on the other two.

FC 2795 1290 6270

Haven't seen you in the forums lately. How have you been?

Da-Eh's Husband

Original Stalker

19,675 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
I can't wait until someone starts abusing the lack of Evasion Clause.

Dangerous Raider

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Muffin Mancer

Axxell101

Haven't seen you in the forums lately, guys. How have you all been?

Oh and Axxell, any word on that epic Eevee?

Dangerous Raider

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
scovill99999
Neophenx de Chrysalya
scovill99999
Neophenx de Chrysalya

I would like to sign up for the fire and water tourneys. I can't battle with grass types :/
Username: Scovill99999
Friend Code: 0948 1829 6856
Alrighty then! When they get filled out in the sign ups, the rounds will begin the next monday and last 1 week for ample time allowing players to get their match. smile

OK, sweet.
I also put this thread together cuz I was tired of Smogon ban lists. I wanted to give players a place to game unrestricted by any rules outside of the game itself, so I used the Battle Subway ban list.

StarLightBreak's Husband

Married Noob

9,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Neophenx de Chrysalya

I'll become a member too smile
Battle Styles: Single Lv. 100 all matches.
Trade Roster: I'm always getting a hold of random Shinies and DW pokemon. If you're searching just ask me smile
Trades Wanted: Ev's, Shinies, GOOD DWs, and my favorite, EV'd Shiny DW level 100's, haha
Additional Services: I can recolor pokemon, morph pokemon together and do other art stuff, just nothing too much.

StarLightBreak's Husband

Married Noob

9,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Neophenx de Chrysalya
scovill99999
Neophenx de Chrysalya
scovill99999
Neophenx de Chrysalya

I would like to sign up for the fire and water tourneys. I can't battle with grass types :/
Alrighty then! When they get filled out in the sign ups, the rounds will begin the next monday and last 1 week for ample time allowing players to get their match. smile

OK, sweet.
I also put this thread together cuz I was tired of Smogon ban lists. I wanted to give players a place to game unrestricted by any rules outside of the game itself, so I used the Battle Subway ban list.

I HATE a lot of the Smogon rules.

Dangerous Raider

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
scovill99999
Neophenx de Chrysalya
scovill99999
Neophenx de Chrysalya
scovill99999
Neophenx de Chrysalya

OK, sweet.

I HATE a lot of the Smogon rules.

Like, Excadrill is banned for Sand Force AND Sand Rush but only Speed Boost Blaziken gets banned, and they allow Celebi and Deoxys-D but not Dialga or Mew?

Dangerous Raider

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
scovill99999
Neophenx de Chrysalya

I'll become a member too smile
Battle Styles: Single Lv. 100 all matches.
Trade Roster: I'm always getting a hold of random Shinies and DW pokemon. If you're searching just ask me smile
Trades Wanted: Ev's, Shinies, GOOD DWs, and my favorite, EV'd Shiny DW level 100's, haha
Additional Services: I can recolor pokemon, morph pokemon together and do other art stuff, just nothing too much.

Hmmm. you could be the starting artist in the thread lol. I like doing graphic stuff too but don't have the dedication to do it all pokemon related, unless I were to end up making it a college project lol

Dangerous Raider

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
The Grim Creeper
At which time people will finally learn to use Foresight, Odor Sleuth, Arial Ace, No Guard, Magical Leaf, Shockwave, etc.

Da-Eh's Husband

Original Stalker

19,675 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Neophenx de Chrysalya
The Grim Creeper
At which time people will finally learn to use Foresight, Odor Sleuth, Arial Ace, No Guard, Magical Leaf, Shockwave, etc.

None of which are priority moves.
Get a fast enough pokemon holding Bright powder.
Example since Garchomp isn't banned from this.
Simply put up a Sandstorm, Switch to Garchomp holding Bright powder. Immidiate +30% evasiveness.
Even if you have something that is scarfed can switch in on it, he can already have a Swords Dance/Double Team Up.
Granted it can be countered, but the chances of you having something to counter it are very slim.

Dangerous Raider

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
The Grim Creeper
Neophenx de Chrysalya
The Grim Creeper

Simply put up a Sandstorm, Switch to Garchomp holding Bright powder. Immidiate +30% evasiveness.
Even if you have something that is scarfed can switch in on it, he can already have a Swords Dance/Double Team Up.
Granted it can be countered, but the chances of you having something to counter it are very slim.
You're talking switch ins now as well, which also entail that the Pokemon getting switched in is vulnerable to a free shot.

Da-Eh's Husband

Original Stalker

19,675 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Neophenx de Chrysalya
The Grim Creeper
Neophenx de Chrysalya
The Grim Creeper

You're talking switch ins now as well, which also entail that the Pokemon getting switched in is vulnerable to a free shot.

A switch in with a +30% Evasion boost.
Besides that was merely an example.
There are a ton more ways to be annoying with Evasion.
Sableye's with prankster, Double Team, and Recover combo.

Dangerous Raider

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
The Grim Creeper
Neophenx de Chrysalya
The Grim Creeper
Neophenx de Chrysalya
The Grim Creeper

A switch in with a +30% Evasion boost.
Besides that was merely an example.
There are a ton more ways to be annoying with Evasion.
Sableye's with prankster, Double Team, and Recover combo.

And you know, Evasion tactics get used against players in Battle Towers/Subways, so it's giving players a more full battle experience. Are some tactics cheap and annoying? Yes. They're put into the game for that purpose, and if people are going to get so pissed off about it, then maybe they shouldn't play games if they're just not fun without imposing all sorts of external rules to limit gameplay.

Da-Eh's Husband

Original Stalker

19,675 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Neophenx de Chrysalya
And you know, Evasion tactics get used against players in Battle Towers/Subways, so it's giving players a more full battle experience. Are some tactics cheap and annoying? Yes. They're put into the game for that purpose, and if people are going to get so pissed off about it, then maybe they shouldn't play games if they're just not fun without imposing all sorts of external rules to limit gameplay.

Do what you want.
It's your thread not mine.
I was merely pointing out that if/when someone does use that tactic there are going to be some unhappy campers that may/or may not stay and keep battling in your thread.

Dangerous Raider

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
The Grim Creeper
Neophenx de Chrysalya

Do what you want.
It's your thread not mine.
I was merely pointing out that if/when someone does use that tactic there are going to be some unhappy campers that may/or may not stay and keep battling in your thread.
Like I said, if someone's going to get so mad about game-legal content, they probably just shouldn't be playing to begin with.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff