Welcome to Gaia! ::

tikitales's Husband

Fuzzy Explorer

9,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Married 100
Hey there everyone, I was wondering if I could get some help. I am working on a mono-normal type team that I happened to have enough for after breeding, it goes as follows:

EDIT: Here is the new team as it stands now
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I don't know how to make this team better or what to replace. I'm not used to making monotype teams and I'm doing ok in battles, but i'm still losing most of the time. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

IRL Otaku

19,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
Foolishgenius
I would drop Kecleon, and Lopunny. Replace Lopunny with Mega-Kangaskhan. For ditto, drop quick claw for "Quick Powder" (Desc. An item to be held by Ditto. Extemely fine, yet hard, this odd powder boosts the Speed stat.) for obvious reasons.
Replace Kecleon with Snorlax, Miltank, or Porygon-Z?

Sarcastic Trash

User Image
╠╬════════════════════════════════════════╬╣

I'll agree with the guy above me that Kecleon should go, but you'd be fine keeping Mega Lopunny if you wanted. She's not as bulky as Kanga, but she's much faster and a little bit stronger.
Ditto is honestly iffy, as it's only useful if your opponent has a sweeper that's not scarfed, and you can get the safe switch. If their sweeper is scarfed, you run the risk of losing the speed tie and then your Ditto, as it's base HP never changes from it's pitiful base 48.

User ImageUser Image

User Image

tikitales's Husband

Fuzzy Explorer

9,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Married 100
honestly, kecleon hasn't been getting much work done so he is going to be out of the team.
Are there any other good special normal types besides porygon 2 and z? cuz porygon 2 is my only special attacker
Snorlax would make a good tank and miltank would be good for more scrappy

Biggest Anubutt

As someone who just used an imposter ditto with perfect hp and max evs in hp and threw the traditional scarf on it, it's actually really good. Sure locked into a move, but usually it's faster from scarf and dishes out their tactics back to them. Just switch for new form or to be unlocked in move you use.

Tophertales's Waifu

Sparkly Loiterer

11,775 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
heart *lurks in the shadows* Any thoughts on Audino as a possibility? heart

tikitales's Husband

Fuzzy Explorer

9,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Married 100
I'm just not sure what do do for special attack

Sarcastic Trash

User Image

Exploud is a possibility if you need a special attacker, though it is kinda slow, and usually requires a scarf or specs to do much real work sweatdrop

User ImageUser Image

User Image

solomon514's Wife

Dedicated Regular

Foolishgenius
I'm just not sure what do do for special attack

AHAHAHAHA FINALLY SOMETHING I CAN HELP WITH!!

Special wise, Porygon2 and Exploud are your best bets. You'll want a HA Porygon2 holding an eviolite, and it must know recover. Little sucker can absorb a lot of hits before it dies.

Exploud is a nice option for special attacks, STAB Boomburst hits things like a truck. Though if you're doing doubles, having something with protect will be a good idea. It'll need to hold a choice scarf though.

Wigglytuff is another very viable option. Modest, with the ability competitive and holding an Assault Vest. Great lead if someone has something with intimidate. Plus its part fairy typing gives you a great advantage against those fighting types which would give you hell otherwise.

Ditto needs to go. Its to situational, and something else can fill a better role. Furfrou is a great pokemon, give it cotton guard, baby-doll eyes/protect, toxic and suckerpunch while holding leftovers and you have a good staller.

I have also found skill link Cinccino to be a great asset. Rock blast, bullet seed, and tail swipe can check some things that give normal types a hard time.

Mega lopunny is great because it gets scrappy. You can hit those annoying ghost types like sabeye, gengar and spiritomb with fake out and just wreck them with another move on your arsenal.

Salty Pirate

9,975 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Divine Donator 100
Kallen-chan

How dare you call them annoying emotion_donotwant

What she said are all very viable.

If you want, try Staraptor for a physical attacker as well. Being one of the few flying types that does get Close Combat, it's very useful.

M-Pidgeot is a good special attacker, but you sacrifice M-Lopunny for it. Try both and see what works well, but know that only one gets to be on the team.
Mega Lopunny- It will never need Cosmic Power since it's not defensive enough to wall anything. You'd be better off with Fake Out instead. It would secure your speed and flinch all pokemon who aren't immune. Replace Power-Up Punch with Return. You'll need a stab move for pokemon that resist Drain Punch and take neutral/ little damage from Ice Punch.

Ditto- It's too situational. I'd kick it out in favor of a bulky pokemon. Something like Miltank that can use Heal Bell. This would also free up a few move slots since half your team has Facade.

Zangoose- The thing I hate about Zangoose is that it doesn't do anything well. An adamant one lacks the speed to support itself properly. Coming across anything faster than you would be suicide. Anything slower than you would probably OHKO your Zangoose if you failed to make them faint the first turn. It needs to have a Focus Sash, but that would make its ability worthless. It's too frail in my opinion. I'd replace it with Ambipom.

Tauros- Replace that Life Orb with a Choice Scarf. Tauros is meant to have its speed maxed. Since your EVs are in the right place, a scarf will allow it to out-speed all Mega Evolutions and Deoxys' Speed Form (lol). Replace Facade with Earthquake for more Steel coverage.

Kecleon- The reason yours isn't getting any work done is because Kecleon is not supposed to be a sweeper. An adamant one doesn't really need Power-Up Punch. Replace it with Recover. Facade is also pointless. Give it Thunder Wave so that it can stall and continue to Recover.

Porygon 2- This pokemon is fine.

tikitales's Husband

Fuzzy Explorer

9,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Married 100
Exploud sounds like a good option
I thought about mega pidgeot, I don't want to go mega kangaskhan cuz I don't want to be "that guy" unless I can find a quirky set... (maybe bulldoze/rock tomb for double speed drop)
I know ditto is a gamble, but he has saved my butt a few times by revenge ko-ing and copying their setup when things get a little too crazy
I know everyone wants me to use a scarf, but I'm not very good with them personally sad or really fake out for that matter, I know it's awesome I've seen it do work but it doesn't seem to fall into place for me

TL;DR
Exploud maybe
Mega Pidgeot going to breed and test
Furfrou going to breed and test
Snorlax needs to be looked into
Miltank maybe
Snorlax need to find a good set
Wigglytuff or Mega audino for fairy coverage?
Staraptor for anti fighting since loosing zangoose's close combat
Cinccino anti-lead? to kill sturdy/sash?
look into Ambipom

how do people feel about Pyroar or Heliolisk for type coverage?

Zangoose out
Kecleon out
Ditto maybe out if something better comes along
(PS I don't think quick powder works after transformed, I think I read that somewhere)

Lilium's Significant Otter

Savage Husband

18,640 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
The troll in me screams to tell you to train a dunsparse.

A Bouffalant can do well up close and personal. Give it leftovers or a shell bell. Reckless and wild charge go well together. Megahorn, Headbutt, and head Charge

tikitales's Husband

Fuzzy Explorer

9,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Married 100
Pikachew Tobacco
Zangoose- The thing I hate about Zangoose is that it doesn't do anything well. An adamant one lacks the speed to support itself properly. Coming across anything faster than you would be suicide. Anything slower than you would probably OHKO your Zangoose if you failed to make them faint the first turn. It needs to have a Focus Sash, but that would make its ability worthless. It's too frail in my opinion. I'd replace it with Ambipom..

I don't think it makes much difference, but my mistake the zangoose I had in the team was jolly not adamant

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff