Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Exhibitionist

10,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Love Machine 150
But I have to wonder... why so many negative changes to the game? I can deal with the poor-ish pixel-quality of the sprites because it gives us animation to the game. I can even live with the sickeningly odd, random spin the camera seems to take for no apparent reason during battle. And I like how the game feels and looks overall, but... there are a lot of things SoulSilver/HeartGold improved on so much... why did they change things back?

Here are a few examples:

Why, exactly, do we have no auto-run with the Running Shoes? Why did they feel the need to force us back into holding down the run button, when we use to be able to just set it to 'Run' and forget about it?

Why are there apparently no text-border choices, and instead just the default, kind of boring one that is hardly there?

Why do the Pokemon not follow you? I sort of get that maybe with all the work that went in, this is a feature they put aside so they could work on it after these are released, that way it can be in the THIRD version, so it sort of makes sense. Even so... kind of a step down.

These may be minor grievances, but they are also not personal 'opinion' based complaints. These are genuine step backs that I, quite frankly, cannot think of any -logical reason for changing-. Why did they change these things? What was the purpose for this in a game that is intended to be more advanced and the 'next level of Pokemon gaming'? Are there any logical answers?
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
๑I mostly just hate that pokemon don't follow you and lack of customization. Hopefully I can adjust to this and it gets better.๑

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
It's because they made HG/SS after B/W was nearly finished. If there is ever a third version of B/W, the features in HG/SS might be put in it, but for now we'll just have to wait and see.

Merry Bunny

16,600 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Beetle Shell
It's because they made HG/SS after B/W was nearly finished. If there is ever a third version of B/W, the features in HG/SS might be put in it, but for now we'll just have to wait and see.

Huh. If that's so, why did they release Black and White a year after HG/SS? they coulda made the it so that the two games were compatible trade-wise.

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Malomy
Beetle Shell

Huh. If that's so, why did they release Black and White a year after HG/SS? they coulda made the it so that the two games were compatible trade-wise.

Obviously for money. (Many fans requested a remake of G/S, so of course they're going to go for the chance to make money.)

Menacing Shoujo

Malomy
Beetle Shell

User Image
IKR?
The remakes were so short-lived, it kinda pisses me off since It was the second gen game I grew up with and spent so much time and fun with... I mean, I still play HG/SS more than I play White....
Still, short lived, Japan got for like a year and Us, 6 fricken months? seriously? and I bet we will be stuck with a year or two for Japan with B/W.... before some other remake and third installment comes along...
That Ain't funny.

User Image

2,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
Poeden
But I have to wonder... why so many negative changes to the game? I can deal with the poor-ish pixel-quality of the sprites because it gives us animation to the game. I can even live with the sickeningly odd, random spin the camera seems to take for no apparent reason during battle. And I like how the game feels and looks overall, but... there are a lot of things SoulSilver/HeartGold improved on so much... why did they change things back?

Here are a few examples:

Why, exactly, do we have no auto-run with the Running Shoes? Why did they feel the need to force us back into holding down the run button, when we use to be able to just set it to 'Run' and forget about it?

Why are there apparently no text-border choices, and instead just the default, kind of boring one that is hardly there?

Why do the Pokemon not follow you? I sort of get that maybe with all the work that went in, this is a feature they put aside so they could work on it after these are released, that way it can be in the THIRD version, so it sort of makes sense. Even so... kind of a step down.

These may be minor grievances, but they are also not personal 'opinion' based complaints. These are genuine step backs that I, quite frankly, cannot think of any -logical reason for changing-. Why did they change these things? What was the purpose for this in a game that is intended to be more advanced and the 'next level of Pokemon gaming'? Are there any logical answers?

DUDE. Take. A chill pill. The "Pokemon following you" and "auto running shoes" were only in ONE GAME. (yes, I count two versions as one) It's likely that was just a gimmick that was frowned upon by more fans. Plus, there probably wasn't enough space to handle all overworld sprites of the remaining 156 Pokemon.

And the revolving camera...well, duh, that's to make battles more exciting. I'm sorry you have these to whine about, but you should have told Game Freak before they started development.

2,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
Red Queen of Pentacles
Malomy
Beetle Shell

User Image
IKR?
The remakes were so short-lived, it kinda pisses me off since It was the second gen game I grew up with and spent so much time and fun with... I mean, I still play HG/SS more than I play White....
Still, short lived, Japan got for like a year and Us, 6 fricken months? seriously? and I bet we will be stuck with a year or two for Japan with B/W.... before some other remake and third installment comes along...
That Ain't funny.

User Image

To each his own. *continues playing White and ignoring my Gen IV games*

2,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
I really didn't like Pokemon following me, but what HG/SS did way better is a need to actually use touch screen.

2,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I dunno, those to me are minor annoyances. I'm sure they'll add it in the 3rd game, no big deal.

Generous Exhibitionist

10,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Love Machine 150
ShinyMew88
Poeden

Here are a few examples:

DUDE. Take. A chill pill. The "Pokemon following you" and "auto running shoes" were only in ONE GAME. (yes, I count two versions as one) It's likely that was just a gimmick that was frowned upon by more fans. Plus, there probably wasn't enough space to handle all overworld sprites of the remaining 156 Pokemon.

And the revolving camera...well, duh, that's to make battles more exciting. I'm sorry you have these to whine about, but you should have told Game Freak before they started development.
o_O You seem like the one who needs to 'take a chill pill'. Not one thing I said even seemed... -remotely-... over the top or even excited. I was just pointing out some very obvious issues with the game that make -no logical sense- to be changed for the worse. And if you had actually read, and gathered, the words I typed then you would realize I even admitted it sort of made sense that they did not have the Pokemon following you.

Seriously, you need to relax and just realize that my points are valid questions as to 'why did they undo such improvements without any reason'?

Generous Exhibitionist

10,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Love Machine 150
ShinyMew88
Red Queen of Pentacles
Malomy
Beetle Shell

User Image
IKR?
That Ain't funny.

User Image

And now I am convinced you have serious issues when it comes to social interaction. o_o Nobody has said anything to excite or urge you on it any way. You just seem to be flying off the handle at everyone for no reason, very rudely and... needlessly.

You might be a troll but, I am getting a very... odd feeling that you actually are not.

Menacing Shoujo

User Image

Yes, 'shiny mew'....
Relax, it was all opinions not rants.

User Image

Menacing Shoujo

Poeden
ShinyMew88
Red Queen of Pentacles
Malomy
Beetle Shell

User Image
IKR?
That Ain't funny.

User Image

And now I am convinced you have serious issues when it comes to social interaction. o_o Nobody has said anything to excite or urge you on it any way. You just seem to be flying off the handle at everyone for no reason, very rudely and... needlessly.

You might be a troll but, I am getting a very... odd feeling that you actually are not.

Thank you!
Some people need to take their steam else where or GTFO of the thread if they something they don't like.
It's not even a rant thread, to begin with.

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Poeden
why did they undo such improvements without any reason?

I wouldn't consider them improvements, just little "features".

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff