Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Wolf

First off, there are 6 regions. Each region has 8 badges, making a toltal of 48 badges to collect. Once you collect the badges, then you participate in that region's pokemon league tournament. This isn't taking into consideration how many miles Ash has to walk. I refuse to believe Ash can do all of this in the course of what isn't even a year. Then there's all the ledgendary pokemon he's seen. No. Ash is an impossibility.

Ruthless Hunter

10,025 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
Lady Yamamoto
First off, there are 6 regions. Each region has 8 badges, making a toltal of 48 badges to collect. Once you collect the badges, then you participate in that region's pokemon league tournament. This isn't taking into consideration how many miles Ash has to walk. I refuse to believe Ash can do all of this in the course of what isn't even a year. Then there's all the ledgendary pokemon he's seen. No. Ash is an impossibility.

The anime states he is still 10 years old when he really isnt. He matures through the seasons and his voice gets deeper. You can argue that the same female voice actor couldnt act anymore for Ash but thats easily countered that there is plenty of other actors who can do Ash's first voice really well as its common tradition in Japan for females to do young boys voices. Everything about Ash shows that hes aged. Theres no impossibility here, just a show that wants to appeal to the younger audience.

Mega Tipper

12,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Ash's Pikachu, on the other hand...

solomon514's Wife

Dedicated Regular

Shin Majin

That Pikachu defies everything. Also, Ash must get stupid when he enters a new region and his Pikachu's level is reset back to 5. Only regions it didn't happen was Johto and Sinnoh emotion_facepalm

Wheezing Gawker

Wheezing Gawker

DooM_Predator_L
Lady Yamamoto

The anime states he is still 10 years old when he really isnt. He matures through the seasons and his voice gets deeper. You can argue that the same female voice actor couldnt act anymore for Ash but thats easily countered that there is plenty of other actors who can do Ash's first voice really well as its common tradition in Japan for females to do young boys voices. Everything about Ash shows that hes aged. Theres no impossibility here, just a show that wants to appeal to the younger audience.

A later episode (in the Unova seasons I think?) actually confirms that he's only 11. So only a year would have passed.
But then again, IIRC that early movie with the slowking in it (I rarely watch the movies, I can't remember their names well) celebrates a year on his journey or something.

Who knows man. Either way, he hasn't aged much by the show's standards. Only reason his voice deepened was a change in voice actors, and the new deeper-ish voice is still not post-puberty deep.

Dangerous Raider

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
It's a cartoon. Like the Simpsons and Family Guy. It doesn't need ageing continuity.

Invisible Phantom

12,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
Kallen-chan
Shin Majin

That Pikachu defies everything. Also, Ash must get stupid when he enters a new region and his Pikachu's level is reset back to 5. Only regions it didn't happen was Johto and Sinnoh emotion_facepalm
I've always questioned Pikachu's moveset. Up to now, it has Thunderbolt, Electro Ball, Iron Tail and Quick Attack. In previous seasons and movies it had learned and then "forgotten" Thundershock, Thunder and Volt Tackle. While Agility was an on and off thing, the real question on my mind is did Pikachu permanently forget Volt Tackle? The signature move of its entire breeding line? Why?

Lucky Star

12,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
DooM_Predator_L
Lady Yamamoto

It could be that the narrator was just being a d**k.

Ruthless Hunter

10,025 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
The Frankachu
Kallen-chan
Shin Majin

I've always questioned Pikachu's moveset. Up to now, it has Thunderbolt, Electro Ball, Iron Tail and Quick Attack. In previous seasons and movies it had learned and then "forgotten" Thundershock, Thunder and Volt Tackle. While Agility was an on and off thing, the real question on my mind is did Pikachu permanently forget Volt Tackle? The signature move of its entire breeding line? Why?

The anime doesnt follow the 4 move limit rule.

Unsealed Sentai

20,075 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hero 100
  • Partygoer 500
DooM_Predator_L
The Frankachu
Kallen-chan
Shin Majin

Actually, I think it does. It's especially noticeable with Ash's Charizard. It forgot Seismic Toss for Dragon Tail. Toss was its signature finishing move and it hasn't used it once since returning.

Ruthless Hunter

10,025 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
vernanonix
DooM_Predator_L
The Frankachu
Kallen-chan
Shin Majin

Actually, I think it does. It's especially noticeable with Ash's Charizard. It forgot Seismic Toss for Dragon Tail. Toss was its signature finishing move and it hasn't used it once since returning.

Pikachu has Thunderbolt, Volt Tackle, Iron Tail, Tackle, Agility, Quick Attack, Electro Ball, and Thunder in the anime at the same time. It doesnt follow the 4 move limit. Theres also other random Pokemon that dont follow this rule.

Unsealed Sentai

20,075 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hero 100
  • Partygoer 500
DooM_Predator_L
vernanonix
DooM_Predator_L
The Frankachu
Kallen-chan
Shin Majin

Pikachu has Thunderbolt, Volt Tackle, Iron Tail, Tackle, Agility, Quick Attack, Electro Ball, and Thunder in the anime at the same time. It doesnt follow the 4 move limit. Theres also other random Pokemon that dont follow this rule.
I haven't been watching XY so I can't say for certain there, but the only moves it ever used in Best Wishes were Quick Attack, Thunderbolt, Electro Ball, and Iron Tail. I haven't seen it use Thunder since the original series (granted, I didn't watched Advanced or Diamond and Pearl) and I haven't seen it use Volt Tackle since it learned Electro Ball.

Ruthless Hunter

10,025 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
vernanonix
DooM_Predator_L
vernanonix
DooM_Predator_L
The Frankachu

I haven't been watching XY so I can't say for certain there, but the only moves it ever used in Best Wishes were Quick Attack, Thunderbolt, Electro Ball, and Iron Tail. I haven't seen it use Thunder since the original series (granted, I didn't watched Advanced or Diamond and Pearl) and I haven't seen it use Volt Tackle since it learned Electro Ball.

Trust me, it doesnt follow that rule and Pikachu is the biggest breaker of that rule in the anime.

Unsealed Sentai

20,075 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hero 100
  • Partygoer 500
DooM_Predator_L
vernanonix
DooM_Predator_L
vernanonix
DooM_Predator_L
The Frankachu

Trust me, it doesnt follow that rule and Pikachu is the biggest breaker of that rule in the anime.
Evidence, please? Because while you can just say that, it contradicts what I've seen myself. So excuse me if I'm skeptic.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff