20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Blind Red Dragon
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Blind Red Dragon
What are you currently using sheer force on?
I have A modest Nidoking AND queen, but use mainly just King. Ice Beam, Flame Thrower, Thunderbolt and Earthpower. I skipped on Sludge Bomb because it doesn't hit for enough weaknesses, even though it gets STAB.
I also have a Darmanitan with Flare Blitz and Rock Slide, but Superpower and U-turn fill its other spots. I considered Headbutt, but it's base power of 70 made it way too inferior to use with Sheer Force compared to his other moves. The Darmanitan I pretty much use ONLY for B/W-only battles.

those Nidos sound kewl
very basic set, but I imagine it covers almost everything like literally, I cant imagine which pokemon would have a resistances to all of those moves,
sludge bomb would literally be there for for just a random solid attack, but without the posioning effect whats the point of a poison move ya know

its a shame darmanitan doesnt have the better movepool to use sheer force

I actually feel I may be able to drop one of the element attacks... since many of their weakness-strikes overlap. Even then, I can't see anything besides Sludge Bomb getting thrown in, which only hits Grass (I think) for weakness... unless there's another type attack for the boost like Energy Ball (which I don't think Nido can learn anyways)... it's a really tough call.

Thunderbolt:
Water
Flying

Flamethrower:
Grass
Ice
Steel
Bug

Ice Beam:
Dragon
Grass
Flying
Ground

Earth Power:
Electric
Steel
Poison

maybe shadow ball or focus blast
the first one covers its psychic weakness
other is just for a big solid hit
when it hits

Dangerous Raider

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Blind Red Dragon
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Blind Red Dragon
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Blind Red Dragon
I have A modest Nidoking AND queen, but use mainly just King. Ice Beam, Flame Thrower, Thunderbolt and Earthpower. I skipped on Sludge Bomb because it doesn't hit for enough weaknesses, even though it gets STAB.
I also have a Darmanitan with Flare Blitz and Rock Slide, but Superpower and U-turn fill its other spots. I considered Headbutt, but it's base power of 70 made it way too inferior to use with Sheer Force compared to his other moves. The Darmanitan I pretty much use ONLY for B/W-only battles.

those Nidos sound kewl
very basic set, but I imagine it covers almost everything like literally, I cant imagine which pokemon would have a resistances to all of those moves,
sludge bomb would literally be there for for just a random solid attack, but without the posioning effect whats the point of a poison move ya know

I actually feel I may be able to drop one of the element attacks... since many of their weakness-strikes overlap. Even then, I can't see anything besides Sludge Bomb getting thrown in, which only hits Grass (I think) for weakness... unless there's another type attack for the boost like Energy Ball (which I don't think Nido can learn anyways)... it's a really tough call.

Thunderbolt:
Water
Flying

Flamethrower:
Grass
Ice
Steel
Bug

Ice Beam:
Dragon
Grass
Flying
Ground

Earth Power:
Electric
Steel
Poison

when it hits
I forgot about Shadow Ball. The only question is what move to take out for it? All the others seem too valuable. Thunderbolt hits the Water weakness and Ice Beam takes out ground weakness and ever-strong Dragon types... the only one I could see coming out is Flamethrower, since Earth Power covers the Steel types, and Ice types are usually few and far between...

Dangerous Raider

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Blind Red Dragon
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Holy crap WHY HAVE I NEVER THOUGHT OF THIS!!!
Think: an opponent really starts getting to you with flinch moves, etc. Solution? Entrainment/Skill Swap a Sheer Force with them!
Or if you think a Pokemon would use Sheer Force SO much better than the Pokemon that actually have it, SKILL SWAP IT in Double or Triple battles! Just think, a Sheer Force boosting Blizzard in a Hail Team with Life Orb, +STAB All because of Skill Swap.
Let's see...
120 base power, 180 for STAB,. 240 for Sheer Force, 320 for Life Orb hitting 3 Pokemon in Triple Battle! Holy crap I just got an entirely new respect for Sheer Force. Now which Pokemon would use that Blizzard best? Froslass is OK, but for maximum effectiveness, it needs super-SpAtk, like...
Jynx (115)
Glaceon (130)
Frost Rotom (105)
Vanilluxe (110)
(parentheses note Base SpAtk stat)

that is an amazing idea
if you can pull it off

blizzard has a secondary effect which almost never works anyways
and in the hail itll destroy
ashame only jynx can really use this tactic

great move tutors in the sky please hear our prays for the next game

I just checked Serebii... it seems that no Sheer Force user learns Entrainment or Skill Swap, and the Ice types I want to give Sheer Force to don't learn Skill Swap either. I'd have to go through a middle-man to get the ability onto an Ice type... by which time it would probably already be KOed. :/
Was a great theory, but in practice it would take 2 turns to set up! Boo!

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Blind Red Dragon
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Blind Red Dragon
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Blind Red Dragon

those Nidos sound kewl

Thunderbolt:
Water
Flying

Flamethrower:
Grass
Ice
Steel
Bug

Ice Beam:
Dragon
Grass
Flying
Ground

Earth Power:
Electric
Steel
Poison

when it hits
I forgot about Shadow Ball. The only question is what move to take out for it? All the others seem too valuable. Thunderbolt hits the Water weakness and Ice Beam takes out ground weakness and ever-strong Dragon types... the only one I could see coming out is Flamethrower, since Earth Power covers the Steel types, and Ice types are usually few and far between...

flamethrower would probably be the best, though electric covers the least number of types
though randomly it will be amazing

ice is kinda too valuable to lose the attack
ground has STAB and attacks both of your opponents, though randomly will be useless
fire is just nice for type coverage
electric is good mainly for waters, but there will always be those pesky water/ground

though shadow ball is an ok move even with sheer force
kinda see the value of the already has move set

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Blind Red Dragon
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Think: an opponent really starts getting to you with flinch moves, etc. Solution? Entrainment/Skill Swap a Sheer Force with them!
Or if you think a Pokemon would use Sheer Force SO much better than the Pokemon that actually have it, SKILL SWAP IT in Double or Triple battles! Just think, a Sheer Force boosting Blizzard in a Hail Team with Life Orb, +STAB All because of Skill Swap.
Let's see...
120 base power, 180 for STAB,. 240 for Sheer Force, 320 for Life Orb hitting 3 Pokemon in Triple Battle! Holy crap I just got an entirely new respect for Sheer Force. Now which Pokemon would use that Blizzard best? Froslass is OK, but for maximum effectiveness, it needs super-SpAtk, like...
Jynx (115)
Glaceon (130)
Frost Rotom (105)
Vanilluxe (110)

that is an amazing idea
if you can pull it off

I just checked Serebii... it seems that no Sheer Force user learns Entrainment or Skill Swap, and the Ice types I want to give Sheer Force to don't learn Skill Swap either. I'd have to go through a middle-man to get the ability onto an Ice type... by which time it would probably already be KOed. :/

yes but jynx can learn skill swap so it can at least do the job itself just bulk it up a bit so it wont die right away and maybe invest in some speed so it can maybe outspeed something
argh its a shame there is only so much one can do for ability swapping ya know

Dangerous Raider

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Blind Red Dragon
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Blind Red Dragon
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Let's see...
Jynx (115)
Glaceon (130)
Frost Rotom (105)
Vanilluxe (110)

that is an amazing idea
if you can pull it off

yes but jynx can learn skill swap so it can at least do the job itself just bulk it up a bit so it wont die right away and maybe invest in some speed so it can maybe outspeed something

Even then it's a gen4 move... I'd have to get it from somebody else with that gen game, since I'm selling off my gen 4 games.

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Blind Red Dragon
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Blind Red Dragon
Neophenx de Chrysalya
Let's see...
Jynx (115)
Glaceon (130)
Frost Rotom (105)
Vanilluxe (110)

that is an amazing idea
if you can pull it off

Even then it's a gen4 move... I'd have to get it from somebody else with that gen game, since I'm selling off my gen 4 games.

well the good news is dream world smoochums naturally have skill swap
and honestly I think its got the best ability for it
argh it would work best in a rain team so it could rest/ hydrate and wake up
but argh it would get the perfect accuracy in hail
meh if its in the middle itll hit something ya know in the rain

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Need to decide what ability to use next
probably a double battle ability

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
While looking at double abilities I eyed trace and was wondering if anyone really uses it or likes it

I personally have used it once and didnt care for it, the first ralts I caught had synchronize and it became one of my favorite abilities of all time

but I would like to hear some success stories of trace or whether trace is an good ability but limited to very few pokemon

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
i give trace a 7, its pretty useful.. i dont use it, but ive seen people use it on me D:

^^ its useful :3

Kallen-chan's Husband

Ice-Cold Guest

14,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Actually, trace on a porygon 2 is awesome only if you switch it in on a pokemon you want an ability from. One time, Someone had a whimsicott that was about to be koed, I switched and brought out porygon 2 and thanks to trace, porygon now has prankster! Since my porygon has 3 status moves, I always get priority! (Unless im forced to switch out)

Dangerous Raider

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
I give Trace a 7. As mentioned already, it can be good with a strategic switch-in, but other than that it's an ability that just floats under the radar for most, especially since it's available on so few Pokemon. Even then, a lot of popular abilities wouldn't really help them tremendously to begin with, like Moxie, Levitate, and Weather Abilities. I personally like Trace, but to be used to its greatest potential requires very specific execution and depends a little bit on what the opponent is using against you.

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Hipster Nobunaga
i give trace a 7, its pretty useful.. i dont use it, but ive seen people use it on me D:

^^ its useful :3

I have only used trace once when I restarted my sapphire
I have never seen anyone use it online
though that random trace-levitate kept me from one hit KOing my opponents in a double battle

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
solomon514
Actually, trace on a porygon 2 is awesome only if you switch it in on a pokemon you want an ability from. One time, Someone had a whimsicott that was about to be koed, I switched and brought out porygon 2 and thanks to trace, porygon now has prankster! Since my porygon has 3 status moves, I always get priority! (Unless im forced to switch out)

that is one of those rare moments in the game where you're like this couldnt get any better

that is definiately like one of the most awesome switchins, which left that thing in the best case scenario
argh I would be kicking myself if I was your opponent
I bring a whimscott so it can outspeed everything, and mess with em
but then it dies and my opponent steals my tactic

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Neophenx de Chrysalya
I give Trace a 7. As mentioned already, it can be good with a strategic switch-in, but other than that it's an ability that just floats under the radar for most, especially since it's available on so few Pokemon. Even then, a lot of popular abilities wouldn't really help them tremendously to begin with, like Moxie, Levitate, and Weather Abilities. I personally like Trace, but to be used to its greatest potential requires very specific execution and depends a little bit on what the opponent is using against you.

I think thats the whole thing about trace, its so limited and brings up the question is a DW ralts worth it?
or evolving a porygon 2

moxie would be worthless on all the trace pokemon
unless they wanna make a gallade with trace then moxie would be a god send
levitate would have some merit if you can start levitating before somethign with earthquake or worst STAB earthquake shows up

the weather making abilities would be awful for tracing
but weather enhancing abilities like swift swim or sand rush, in the right weather can at least give the pokemon a new life
though I would love to be able to swipe a contact ability
like poison point or flame body
or even cursed body

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out