Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Member

7,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
I am an animal lover, but was so blessed to have horrible allergies. So my family has a fish...only a goldfish but I love him! I also have 4 goldfish at my boyfriend's apartment, and they are getting huge!
The first goldfish that we had was named George Washington because I won him with a quarter. The poor little guy developed separation anxiety and would ram his face into the fishbowl until he ripped his face off...and ate it eek After the first day that he was alone for three hours, we always had to leave the radio on so that he could feel like people were there for him. heart

What kinds of pets do you have? What kind of fun stories do they add to your life?

Devoted Raider

8,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friendly 100
*deep breath*
I have:
3 degus
6 gerbils
1 tarantula
1 mouse
1 hamster
1 Short tailed opossum (also known as a pocket possum)
1 cat
1 rabbit
live with 2 other rabbits

will be watching 3 snakes (2 corn, 1 ball) this summer starting next month.

For give me if I am going to sound mean. But I really hope you have done your research now and have your fish in proper set ups (feeder fish/commet goldfish/fair gold fish require at least a 75g tank for an adult with a high turn over rate. Fancy goldfish require 29-30 gallons for a single adult, + 10-15 pre other gold fish with them and a high turn over rate.), improper set ups leave to very early deaths and normally painful deaths for the fish.

Fun story. first night home with my opossum she escaped her cage and lived in my room for 1.5 weeks off of Doritos that she had found.

Eloquent Gawker

Your fish didn't have separation anxiety, he was stressed from living in a tiny space filled with ammonia from his feces.

Invisible Phantom

8,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
I too am allergic to pets with fur/Feathers, that is, until I got my cat who likes to takes bath. I have yet to have a real allergy attack, just a little itchiness if her bath not on time.

But i got Loki who is a cat.

Fun stories? How she answers to me when i ask if she hungry and how she meows please when i ask her to. Also, playing fetch and tag and hide and seek with her is a blast. The best part about her is just coming home from a stressful day and petting her and relaxing from my day. she a sweet heart.

Ice-Cold Shoujo

I own a bird, cockatiel

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
yeah um, fish dont get seperation anxiety. it was probably a water quality issue or maybe his tank is too small

ive got a gold gourami
2 geckos
a snake
2 ferrets
3 cats
and a dog
As other's have said. Your fish needs a better set up and I hope that the fish you have at your boyfriend's house are taken care of better.

I have:

5 dogs
3 horses
21 chickens
4 swordtail fish
6 ghost shrimp
1 pleco
several snails
3 neon tetra's

I also am fostering a Chocolate Labrador puppy at the moment too.

Going to get in the preceding future:

Short Tailed Opossum - Keyona made me fall in love.
Ducks

Anxious Werewolf

16,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • The Wolf Within 100
I just have Sally
Growing up with a ton of animals it's kinda nice to just have one.
(for now at least I'm still working on getting a cat)

Conservative Capitalist

10,725 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Olympian 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

First, read this or you won't understand my post:
I have my pets labeled by the amount of males and females.
1.0 means I have 1 male and 0 females
0.1 means I have 0 males and 1 female
0.0.1 means I have 0 males 0 females and 1 unknown sex
so 4.3.5 would mean I have 4 males 3 females and 5 unknown sex

Here's our pets:
Mine:
0.1 cat
0.0.1 Ball Python
0.0.1 Cornsnake
0.0.1 Gopher Snake
1.0 Columbian Boa Constrictor
4.11 Rats

The other pets in my household:
1.2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
1.3 Golden retriever
1.0 rat
0.0.1 Bunny
0.0.4 Fish
1.0 African Grey
1.0 Cockatiel

The rats are super fun because I breed them and I'm always greeted by cute squeaks from little pink babies ^^
I actually have a female that should be giving birth at any time now.

I also agree your fish probably tore its face off from being in a fishbowl. They are not proper enclosures for goldfish. Goldfish need a large tank with a heater and a good filter because they are so dirty. Though I don't blame you for not knowing any better, our society has made it out like it's okay to keep fish in bowls, just like they made it seem like it is okay to let your cats wander freely outside.

~ Fly over me Evil Angel ~

Dedicated Hoarder

I have a bit of everything. Click the 18 in my sig.

Invisible Member

7,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
gei_no_aru_hito
I am an animal lover, but was so blessed to have horrible allergies. So my family has a fish...only a goldfish but I love him! I also have 4 goldfish at my boyfriend's apartment, and they are getting huge!
The first goldfish that we had was named George Washington because I won him with a quarter. The poor little guy developed separation anxiety and would ram his face into the fishbowl until he ripped his face off...and ate it eek After the first day that he was alone for three hours, we always had to leave the radio on so that he could feel like people were there for him. heart

What kinds of pets do you have? What kind of fun stories do they add to your life?

Seeing the general response to this, I would like to say that I care very much for my goldfish, each one that I have had. I do what I can to care for them and ensure that they are as happy as I can guess that a fish can be.
It sounds like there are a lot of unique pets in your lives! Hope they are all doing well and keep putting a smile on your face.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff