1,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
video trick cool, umm which ever you like i suppose show me your best smile

Devoted Inquisitor

Jizzum2012
video trick cool, umm which ever you like i suppose show me your best smile

So here's a clip from a free shaping session.

A couple days later we'd tagged the behavior and generalized it.

A few tricks.

This one's just silly.

Newbie Gaian

1,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
OMG she is so cleaver! the close the door trick come's in handy ha ha, how did you teach her to do that? Those videos were awesome! have you thought about doing and shows with her?

Devoted Inquisitor

Jizzum2012
OMG she is so cleaver! the close the door trick come's in handy ha ha, how did you teach her to do that? Those videos were awesome! have you thought about doing and shows with her?

We're gearing up to do obedience and tracking. It's going to be fun.

The door one was pretty easy. First, I got a bunch of treats and my clicker. Then I went into the hall with Elsie, and opened the door.

Then, because she's curious, she looked at the door. Click+treat.

Then she stepped closer to it. Click+treat.

Then she touched it. Click+treat.

Then she pushed it a little. Click+treat.

Then she psshed it closed. Click+treat. Huge party.

Basically, what you want to do is click for any movement towards the correct behavior, and then slowly raise your criteria. At first, I clicked for looking at the door. When she was reliably touching the door, she had to touch the door to get the click. Then she had to push it. Then she had to close it. Then she had to close it only when I said to.

Then we started over for the other door, but of course she caught on way faster.

Does that make sense, or was I unclear? whee

Newbie Gaian

1,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
cool, i wish you both the best of luck for you both, hmm interesting method of teaching sound so simple too smile mind if i add you as a friend?

Devoted Inquisitor

Jizzum2012
cool, i wish you both the best of luck for you both, hmm interesting method of teaching sound so simple too smile mind if i add you as a friend?

It's pretty simple. It doesn't, of course, happen instantly. You should stay at one level of criteria until the dog is offering that behavior reliably, and then raise the bar a teeny bit.

You can if you'd like.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces