Welcome to Gaia! ::

Icevs's Fangirl

IRL Trash

We're having a vet come to him soon but i would like to have maybe an idea about what it might be (to estimate costs and such). He is about four months old, male pig not neutered. For about a day and a half he has been vomiting and not eating. He drinks water and plays when he goes outside, but once he's inside the house he curls up on his little bed and sleeps or lays there. Any ideas on what it might be? Or how we can keep him comfortable until the vet comes?

*Note: He eats Mazuri brand you pig food, and does not recieve snacks from us apart from spinach leaves, though he hasnt had any for a while.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
No idea what it could be or vet costs for a pig. But if he isnt eating and sleeping a lot it does sound like he needs a vet as soon as you are able

Good luck
I believe pigs are omnivores, and need a varied diet. This probably isn't why he's sick, but I recommend feeding some supplemental foods like veggies, fruits, grains (whole grain bread, cereal), beans, nuts, etc once he's feeling better.

Actually, getting ANYTHING to stay down right now is probably a good thing. Make sure he's hydrated and maybe give some juice for calories. (Source: common knowledge about omnivores)

Also, ask the vet about de-worming your pig. It could be a parasite. (Source: the internet)

Definitely take him/her to a vet, though! You never know what it could be.
Biggest thing is try to keep him hydrated, since all the vomiting is going to deplete his fluids. I don't think that many people on here are too familiar with pigs, so other than that just wait for the vet I guess.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff