Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Star

She hasn't been eating anything. We've tried giving her soft foods, forumal, etc, etc. She eats none of it. She also starts whining whenever someone touches her belly. We took her to the vet yesterday and he took some blood to take. I'm really worried about her. She's turning ten on Sunday, and her breed usually doesn't live past ten. She's been having joint problems since June, too. I have no idea what's going on with her. ;___;

Devoted Inquisitor

I'm sorry your dog is ill.

What did the vet have to say? Usually they do more than just draw blood.

Lonely Star

Latrans

He said there's a chance it just might be a nasty skin infection because her belly fur is all matted and chewed on. :c We'll have the results back later today, hopefully. He also said since she's a German Shepherd, a lot of problems start happening around her age.

Devoted Inquisitor

Rui Ninomiya
Latrans

He said there's a chance it just might be a nasty skin infection because her belly fur is all matted and chewed on. :c We'll have the results back later today, hopefully. He also said since she's a German Shepherd, a lot of problems start happening around her age.

Poor dog; have you noticed changes in her skin and fur when you groom her?

Distinct Hunter

8,650 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
I recommend a really good bath in Exfoliating shampoo. If you get it from PetSmart back in their grooming salon it is the medicated version. I know with all the weird weather that dog's skin dries out really fast and becomes irritated quickly. Have you changed her diet recently? Been anywhere new? Could be an allergic reaction causing her skin to flair up in pain.

Devoted Inquisitor

Im Alive_Must Die
I recommend a really good bath in Exfoliating shampoo. If you get it from PetSmart back in their grooming salon it is the medicated version.

You don't think she should wait to hear back from the vet before doing this?

Distinct Hunter

8,650 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
Of course but even then the shampoo is medicated and it doesn't hurt to try.

Devoted Inquisitor

Im Alive_Must Die
Of course but even then the shampoo is medicated and it doesn't hurt to try.

But it could hurt, depending on what's wrong.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff