Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
I finally did it! I finally got a new addition to the furry family in the form of a rambunctious kitten named Nyx. She's between 5-6 months old and is full of energy right now. She's all black with chocolate undertones that look almost like stripes when you get close to her (the never before seen melanistic tiger, perhaps?) with peridot green (greenish yellow kind of) eyes that have a darker almost emerald green around the pupil. She's a shorthair and she has one little slash of white above her right paw and a little tiny splash of it on her belly. Her meow is tiny, but she's starting to find her voice. I got her from an adoption event at petco on Saturday. She was everything I was looking for and then some. And she literally reached out of the cage to snag my shirt and my attention. Then kept it for the next 3 hours as we pushed the adoption through. XD

I'm liking what I'm seeing as far as the intro to Ithil goes. They both have free roam right now due to how the house is built (lots of nooks and crannies and hideaways to get away from another cat then exit the room kind of thing). Pretty much, they're avoiding each other. Well...Ithil is avoiding. Nyx wants to say hi, but she heeds Ithil's hisses and growls and doesn't chase after her when she bolts. The hissing and growling on Ithil's part is merely a warning that Nyx had entered her personal bubble and she's gonna run if she gets closer, I've found. I've been able to pet and brush her through a 'confrontation' with no danger to me or the kitten. She just wants to be left alone to mull over the existence of another cat in her house right now.

ON TO THE PICTURES:

These are of Nyx back in her foster home (they have a better camera so these are to see how she looks):
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Nyx her first night home:
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

She likes the office chair:
User Image
User Image
User Image

Yesterday after a long play session with Da Bird:
User Image
User Image
User Image

Sorry for the shitty pic spam, I'm just excited. The reason behind free roaming now is that they showed they know how to avoid each other and cohabit as peacefully as a grump and kitten can at this point and roaming the depths of the house helps wear her out and sate her curiosity. If either one shows signs of extreme stress, or they start fighting, I'll go back to the put one in a room, let the other roam, then switch method. I plan to try to train her to a harness for walks and maybe do clicker training with her. So...yeah. Just wanted to share the new addition. Again, sorry for the pic spam. sweatdrop
Congratulations on your new kitty! She's adorable. The chocolate undertones in her fur are very pretty. 3nodding

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
SHD
Congratulations on your new kitty! She's adorable. The chocolate undertones in her fur are very pretty. 3nodding

Thank you! whee

Lavish Wench

12,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
She looks a lot like my black shorthair! He's even got little odd bits of white like the one above her paw too, though his are mostly along his back.

Really adorable girl! Congratulations on your new kitty.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Lilac Wood
She looks a lot like my black shorthair! He's even got little odd bits of white like the one above her paw too, though his are mostly along his back.

Really adorable girl! Congratulations on your new kitty.

Thank you very much!

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
They're playing together! It's only been 5 days and they're already playing together. I am in awe. I don't expect them to get cuddly with one another, but it's amazing that they've pretty much gotten to an understanding with one another. All Ithil has to do is hiss and that's enough to get the kitten to back off when she's pushing her too far. They eat in front of one another now, and they can be in the same room a few feet from each other without sending one running. I won't be surprised if they are still a little wary with one another, but that they were willing to play chase together is great! Ithil sought her out for that, which I'm surprised at since she was the one with the boundary issues. I'm thrilled, to say the least! And the kitten is learning very quickly. She's getting comfortable with being held properly (not being a parrot on the shoulders all the time).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff