Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
Breezes
Vehadrah
I always pulled the whole "Mom look what I found! Can we keep it??!!" With puppy dog eyes. Yes that worked every time.

I once found a fluffy orange tabby in the middle of the freeway and forced my brother to stop. The little guy wasn't even hurt but he was very malnourished and dehydrated. He looked to be about 2-3 weeks old. So on the way home he stopped by the pet store got a kitten bottle and some formula and we nourished him back to health. My mom didn't know about it till the kitten was all healthy about 3 weeks later. She did not like it at first but once I told her that he was litter box trained and that I had trained him she said okie dokie. He is my little prince...I call him Prince Sherbert.

That's adorable! :>

My second youngest kitty (who's my total baby) was found in a similar way. I brought him home and kept him in my room for a couple weeks and litter trained him and fed him and got him used to the house, then walked into my mom's room with him on my shoulder and went "moooom" in a cute voice. Of course he ruined it by squeaking before I could say anything and she was like "HELL NO!" She spent the next week trying to find him a new home. He would ride around in my sweater all day and play with my fingers when I was on the computer and finally my mom was like "fine we can keep him" 'cause he was just so cute haha. Now he's my little momma's boy biggrin

(this is him)

User Image

OMG he is so cute! If I did that with Prince Sherbert he would choke me. He is almost 6 now and he is a really big boy. He is such a big lover and he has taken to my mom more than he has me. It is ok though. She says he is a "good for nothing cat" but I know better. I see her snuggle with him on her recliner and give him loves.

7,200 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Maybe its because she'll be stuck with all of the bills for the cat. You can't force your mom to get you ANY pets because its also her choice and she has her reasons. As my mom has told me on many occasions "When you move out of the house, you can get as many pets as you want."

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Breezes
Vehadrah

Wow you both seem to have very lenient parents, not all parents are like yours and I suggest you don't tell people just to pull the "it followed me home" card. Cause I know if I pulled that type of card the cat would be dropped off at the shelter the next day OR kicked back to the street to let nature take its course. Only animal that I was able to pull that card with was a trio of feeder fish, and I took the worse care of them that I'm surprised that billy lived a full year, while his buddies died a couple months in.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
Breezes
Vehadrah

I'm with Rain here. Actually, I was the kid who had a ton of pets, as long as I discussed in carefully with my parents first and got their okay. The whole "Look what I found" or "My friend is giving it away" Well, in my house my mom looked that little orange kitten right in the face and told me to take it back, and she told me to take the snake I'd found outside and kill it [I took it out and let it go instead].

Of course, that all ended when I turned 13 and my parents decided to go back to college, and we lived in campus housing. Which meant that I wasn't allowed to have pets. At all. In fact, most colleges require freshmen to live on campus for the first year, and very few campus's allow students to have a pet, especially the freshmen students, since there are plenty of upperclassmen who want the housing where pets are allowed. That alone is a wonderful reason for the OP's parents to say no to her getting a cat.

Wheezing Noob

If you live with your mom, it's not really your decision.
Maybe you should wait until you're moving or at least about to move? My mom has hated reptiles all my life, but when I was soon to move out, she allowed me two lizards.
It is your mom's house, after all. Even if it's not monetary, maybe she thinks you'll get bored of it and she'll be stuck with all the work.

Devoted Inquisitor

MlizGr
In fact, most colleges require freshmen to live on campus for the first year, and very few campus's allow students to have a pet, especially the freshmen students, since there are plenty of upperclassmen who want the housing where pets are allowed. That alone is a wonderful reason for the OP's parents to say no to her getting a cat.

That may be true in your area, but it's far from universal. In my area, most colleges do not require anyone to live on campus, freshmen or not, and many allow ten gallon tanks with whatever kind of pet fits in there (some disallow rodents, so no mice).

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
Latrans
MlizGr
In fact, most colleges require freshmen to live on campus for the first year, and very few campus's allow students to have a pet, especially the freshmen students, since there are plenty of upperclassmen who want the housing where pets are allowed. That alone is a wonderful reason for the OP's parents to say no to her getting a cat.

That may be true in your area, but it's far from universal. In my area, most colleges do not require anyone to live on campus, freshmen or not, and many allow ten gallon tanks with whatever kind of pet fits in there (some disallow rodents, so no mice).

Lucky. My college allowed a 10 gallon tank with fish only until I was close to graduating. Then they decided to allow hermit crabs as well [about 1.5 years after I had finally given my own away...]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff