Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Do you dress your pets up for Halloween? We usually dress up at least one of the dogs. Last year, we got this costume for one of our dogs (note that the photo is just an example; it isn't our dog)! One year Isis the cat also got a costume, but she was annoyed so I don't want to do that to her again. The dogs don't give a crap about costumes or not; they are pretty mellow.

Also, what do you think about Pet Paint? Part of me thinks it is kind of dumb, but there is another part of me that secretly wants to paint the dogs...
I think it's fun to dress them up if they don't mind it. A few cookies is always a good way to reward them for not destroying the costume until after you've taken the picture and paraded them around a little bit, haha.

As for pet paint, I think it's awesome! I got some for my birthday this year and I plan on trying it out this Halloween. blaugh

Magnetic Sex Symbol

SHD

As for pet paint, I think it's awesome! I got some for my birthday this year and I plan on trying it out this Halloween. blaugh

Make sure you take some photos!
AraTeran
SHD

Make sure you take some photos!

I will! I think I may turn Bullseye into "Clifford the Big Red Dog" because he has a lot of white on him and it's hard to color a solid colored dog. 3nodding

Celestial Dog

Our dogs are totally cool with wearing costumes, so... my mother buys them halloween costumes (this year we have an Abbygator and Chopper the Zombie Hunter). If they ever had any distress or discomfort about wearing them I'd definitely stop, but if we pick up the costumes they run right over.

Pet paint looks kinda silly, not something I'd ever wanna do personally. I'm already confused as to how I wound up being a person painting my mother's dog's nails every month... gonk

Wealthy Hoarder

I dress up as the Queen of hearts and my little rabbit plays the white rabbit.

The kids love him.

I do get the question of.."Is he real?"
I'm a sucker for costumes on pets.

I've been yelled at for torturing my pets but they honestly don't mind.
emotion_dowant

My kitten was a bunny last year.
Not sure what to do this year.
And I need to get the puppy a costume too.

Sparkly Nerd

28,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Brandisher 100
Srintella Tiagara

The kids love him.

That is awesome. You should post a pic of the two of you together.
Does he get a little rabbit tux to wear?

I don't dress my pets up really... I imagine that I could dress Jenny up, because she'll do anything to make a person happy and is incredibly tolerant. But I think Garth would freak over anything more than a hat/headband; he freaks when I'm putting on his harness for a walk, but is happy camper once it's on and he knows the park is only a little ways away.
I kind of want to get a costume for Bast'et. She tolerates her harness just fine on walks and car rides, but isn't really happy when it's on at home and just mopes around. So maybe something that I can put over her harness for walks, or just to take some cute pics before she goes into total b***h-mode on me.

Wealthy Hoarder

Melisserz
Srintella Tiagara

The kids love him.

I don't dress my pets up really... I imagine that I could dress Jenny up, because she'll do anything to make a person happy and is incredibly tolerant. But I think Garth would freak over anything more than a hat/headband; he freaks when I'm putting on his harness for a walk, but is happy camper once it's on and he knows the park is only a little ways away.
I kind of want to get a costume for Bast'et. She tolerates her harness just fine on walks and car rides, but isn't really happy when it's on at home and just mopes around. So maybe something that I can put over her harness for walks, or just to take some cute pics before she goes into total b***h-mode on me.

I have a picture of him but not as both of us for Halloween.

No, I haven't tried putting him in a tux. I thought he was pure white anyway. Why would he need a tux?

Anyway here he is with his big sister Panda.

Tundra

Wealthy Hoarder

Lavena Epona
Srintella Tiagara

The kids love him.

I'm going to have to tell that one to a friend. I think she would totally do something like that with her rabbit.

I'm not sure if I'd ever dress up my own pet personally. Mostly because I barely make time to put together a costume for myself. I do however enjoy getting stuff for my parent's dog. A few years back I bought reindeer antlers for her and ever since she's been made to wear them every Christmas. She doesn't like them much though, so they don't stay on for long. She looks hilarious though.

Generally, I didn't dress up the rabbit. Not sure if he would allow that.

Questionable Prophet

My cat has an elf costume with little ankle bracelets.
Watching him walk around like his feet were broken made me laugh way too hard. I'm a terrible parent. I took them off right after I got my breath back.

I really want to dress my dog up as a Taco, because her name is Taco. She let me put a jacket on her so I don't think she'd mind.
Pet paint looks awesome.

Sparkly Nerd

28,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Brandisher 100
Srintella Tiagara
Melisserz
Srintella Tiagara

The kids love him.

No, I haven't tried putting him in a tux. I thought he was pure white anyway. Why would he need a tux?

Tundra
The white rabbit is white, but if you look at the illustrations from Carroll's books (or even the movie adaptations), he wears a little jacket and in another instance a dress like thing.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Wealthy Hoarder

Melisserz
Srintella Tiagara
Melisserz
Srintella Tiagara

The kids love him.

Tundra
The white rabbit is white, but if you look at the illustrations from Carroll's books (or even the movie adaptations), he wears a little jacket and in another instance a dress like thing.

Ok..and? Why should I subject my poor old rabbit to something he won't like to wear? That he would chew off in a matter of minutes?

People get the reference when they come to the door. So I don't know why the fact he isn't "Dressed up" it doesn't mean anything to you.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
My cat has an elf costume with little ankle bracelets.
Watching him walk around like his feet were broken made me laugh way too hard. I'm a terrible parent. I took them off right after I got my breath back.

I really want to dress my dog up as a Taco, because her name is Taco. She let me put a jacket on her so I don't think she'd mind.
Pet paint looks awesome.

You should totally make your dog a taco ninja

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas