Welcome to Gaia! ::

DizzySnowFire
~ Aki - Fairy ~
DizzySnowFire
Alright
What about pet treats that are suppose to be good for the mouth? Do you recommend those?
I know my mom only gives her cat half a can of cat food. Do I the same for both cat and dog?
Well I'm going to be in school plus a job so I'm thinking my days might be up to 6 hours maybe less. I'm not quite sure of my schedule since it will be transferring schools next year so I'm not getting my pets until then so I can save up
Alright thank you for that a bit of advice.

Most are full of nasty ingredients and whatnot and I'm personally skeptical that they truly do anything. Your best bet is raw bones and brushing their teeth.
For chews I tend to buy bully sticks, beef/bison tendon bits, duck feet, salmon skin rolls/bones, elk antlers and other stuff of that sort - natural, dried animal parts basically.
For smaller treats for training and basic rewards, dried/dehydrated/freeze-dried meat things are great and the dogs generally enjoy when I do fresh fruit/veggies. I basically avoid a lot of processing and extras in treats for the most part and try to go basic; cats and dogs are primarily carnivores - nothing trumps a bit of plain old meat 90%+ of the time
Amounts depend on various things (size of the can, your pet's nutritional requirements, etc.. also factors like what you can afford and how often you do wet).

I would wait until you get settled and whatnot to look into getting pets, especially a dog; starting the saving up process now is a good idea but there's no point in rushing into getting them if you can't provide them the life they deserve and all.

So I should stay away from the denial one for now? Alright
Thank you for the advice for the treats.
Does that mean if I live in an apartment I shouldn't get a dog? :/ I was going to use this dog for therapy too

It depends on the place and you and whatnot. Personally, it's not something I could do, but a lot of that's based on the fact that my dogs would not do well living in an apartment building; some people and dogs it can work for.
Find a place first though, because I'd imagine a roof over your head is more important than having a dog right now and in some areas finding a place to rent that allows pets, especially dogs/cats, can be a challenge

Lonely Gaian

13,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
~ Aki - Fairy ~
DizzySnowFire
~ Aki - Fairy ~
DizzySnowFire
Alright
What about pet treats that are suppose to be good for the mouth? Do you recommend those?
I know my mom only gives her cat half a can of cat food. Do I the same for both cat and dog?
Well I'm going to be in school plus a job so I'm thinking my days might be up to 6 hours maybe less. I'm not quite sure of my schedule since it will be transferring schools next year so I'm not getting my pets until then so I can save up

Most are full of nasty ingredients and whatnot and I'm personally skeptical that they truly do anything. Your best bet is raw bones and brushing their teeth.
For chews I tend to buy bully sticks, beef/bison tendon bits, duck feet, salmon skin rolls/bones, elk antlers and other stuff of that sort - natural, dried animal parts basically.
For smaller treats for training and basic rewards, dried/dehydrated/freeze-dried meat things are great and the dogs generally enjoy when I do fresh fruit/veggies. I basically avoid a lot of processing and extras in treats for the most part and try to go basic; cats and dogs are primarily carnivores - nothing trumps a bit of plain old meat 90%+ of the time
Amounts depend on various things (size of the can, your pet's nutritional requirements, etc.. also factors like what you can afford and how often you do wet).

I would wait until you get settled and whatnot to look into getting pets, especially a dog; starting the saving up process now is a good idea but there's no point in rushing into getting them if you can't provide them the life they deserve and all.

Does that mean if I live in an apartment I shouldn't get a dog? :/ I was going to use this dog for therapy too

It depends on the place and you and whatnot. Personally, it's not something I could do, but a lot of that's based on the fact that my dogs would not do well living in an apartment building; some people and dogs it can work for.
Find a place first though, because I'd imagine a roof over your head is more important than having a dog right now and in some areas finding a place to rent that allows pets, especially dogs/cats, can be a challenge

Well I was going to take my dog on daily walk along with my kitty because I was thinking about get stroller for it and put it inside that and walking with them
Well place I'm going to is defiantly going allow pets.I've already looked up some places and I'm going to check them out soon.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
DizzySnowFire
~ Aki - Fairy ~
DizzySnowFire
~ Aki - Fairy ~
DizzySnowFire
Alright

Well I was going to take my dog on daily walk along with my kitty because I was thinking about get stroller for it and put it inside that and walking with them
Well place I'm going to is defiantly going allow pets.I've already looked up some places and I'm going to check them out soon.

lots of walks and learning new tricks will help keep your dog happy in a small apartment smile

also that sounds like a wonderful idea. i love taking my kitten or ferret with me when i go to the park with my dog

you should look into leash training your cat!

and im so so so so happy that you want your cat to experience the outdoors in a safe way

Lonely Gaian

13,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Shanna66
DizzySnowFire
~ Aki - Fairy ~
DizzySnowFire
~ Aki - Fairy ~
DizzySnowFire
Alright

lots of walks and learning new tricks will help keep your dog happy in a small apartment smile

also that sounds like a wonderful idea. i love taking my kitten or ferret with me when i go to the park with my dog

you should look into leash training your cat!

and im so so so so happy that you want your cat to experience the outdoors in a safe way

Yeah I'll take it out on plenty of walks and try to find a dog part so they can run around in.
That was my idea for my kitty was to get a stroller for them and use that while walking my dog

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff