Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
what is your favorite fish to keep? is there a specific breed or just a certain type?( like cichlids in general or Oscars specifically for example?)

i personally love goldfish. my favorite thing to do is look at the feeders at petsmart or petco and get my babies form there. i have seven show quality goldfish i got from there. i used to love bettas, and i still do, but goldfish are the ones who really stole my heart.

so whats your favorite? and what would you like to try to keep?

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
i dont really have a favorite, i just love taking care of the tank lol. right now i have a gold gourami in a 20gal. i would put in more fish but he likes to kill everything. ive had him for a few years now

i love goldfish! i really really want a couple of black moores but i dont have anywhere to put a huge tank like that

Destructive Mage

15,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Golden barbs are my favorite. They're so fast! heart
I like neons too.

And goldfish since I never I had one.

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Shanna66
i dont really have a favorite, i just love taking care of the tank lol. right now i have a gold gourami in a 20gal. i would put in more fish but he likes to kill everything. ive had him for a few years now

i love goldfish! i really really want a couple of black moores but i dont have anywhere to put a huge tank like that

i remeber at my local pet stoare there was this foot long pink gourami. he was gorgeous. if i had a tank big enough fo him, he would have been sold in a heartbeat.

im not fond of the bubble eyed goldfish. its jsut not cute to me. i have three fantails. such cuteness>.<

Hygienic Informer

Cupcake Says:

I really love Molly's. I have two in my tank right now (45gallon) And I LOVE them. The Male is an Orange Creamsicle colour with white specks and black outline of his top fins and tail. and a black and white speckled female. I also have 6 platys (They a mix of sunset and calico *too much breeding* and 2 Tetras and 2 betas (male and female). I love my betas, but I'm not to fond of my Platys anymore. sad
I love Goldfish. My favorites are Orandas. I have four, three of which were rescues. I work at a pet store, and I tend to take the hopeless cases of fin rot and nurse them back to health. My most recent is a little red cap who I wasn't sure was going to make it. He had almost no fins left, bloat, and ick. but he pulled through and he's gorgeous now <3 His fins have mostly grown back. The other one I'm most proud of is my little calico. He was also a fin rot case. He only has one eye, and permanent swim bladder issues but he keeps on going.

I also love bettas. I have a ton. Also a lot of pity cases. I have a few that are missing eyes, and I just took one home the other day that has pop eye. He's getting much better smile

I'm a classic sucker. xp

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
Favorite fish ever was my snowflake moray. If I ever get back into saltwater, I'm definitely setting up a couple moray tanks.

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
LesserFab Cupcake
Cupcake Says:

I really love Molly's. I have two in my tank right now (45gallon) And I LOVE them. The Male is an Orange Creamsicle colour with white specks and black outline of his top fins and tail. and a black and white speckled female. I also have 6 platys (They a mix of sunset and calico *too much breeding* and 2 Tetras and 2 betas (male and female). I love my betas, but I'm not to fond of my Platys anymore. sad

i am super jelous! i cant keep any livebearer other than guppies alive, i just lost a whole tank of platties...makes me want to cry. i love livebearers, but i cant keep them alive.

Hygienic Informer

Aw sad All I really do is make sure I keep the water treated, and heated. Honestly, I kinda of want eggs because I think itd be cool. Livebearers are alrohht if your using a breeding tank ( im not) but id love to get more mollys

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
LesserFab Cupcake
Aw sad All I really do is make sure I keep the water treated, and heated. Honestly, I kinda of want eggs because I think itd be cool. Livebearers are alrohht if your using a breeding tank ( im not) but id love to get more mollys

yeah ive lost all but two of my platties to ick already. the other two are not far behind. their tank is at 77 right now, which i thought was ok for them by what i read. maybe i just need to give them more heat.

Hygienic Informer

lividdarkangel800

yeah ive lost all but two of my platties to ick already. the other two are not far behind. their tank is at 77 right now, which i thought was ok for them by what i read. maybe i just need to give them more heat.

Cupcake Says:

My tank sits at about 75, but are you adding anything into the water? If your water has Chlorine in it (Tapwater here in Canada does) you need a water conditioner. I also use a Biological enhancer for mine and Biological cleaner (With a 45gallon tank it helps haha)

Are you treating them for Ick?

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
LesserFab Cupcake
lividdarkangel800

Cupcake Says:

My tank sits at about 75, but are you adding anything into the water? If your water has Chlorine in it (Tapwater here in Canada does) you need a water conditioner. I also use a Biological enhancer for mine and Biological cleaner (With a 45gallon tank it helps haha)

i put more slat in than i usualy do for them, i always dechlorinate my water. for the ich i tried pimafix and aquarisol. neither did a thing. but my fish already had the spots when i tried them both. which according to the research i did is pretty much a death sentence. makes me sad...this weekend hopefully ill be able to get some different kinds of meds. and some more foods;most of what i have is goldfish specific. i know you can feed it to others, but it still bugs me since goldfish are vegetarians. not good for carnivores, at least not in the quantities i feed them.

Hygienic Informer

lividdarkangel800
LesserFab Cupcake
lividdarkangel800

Cupcake Says:

i put more slat in than i usualy do for them, i always dechlorinate my water. for the ich i tried pimafix and aquarisol. neither did a thing. but my fish already had the spots when i tried them both. which according to the research i did is pretty much a death sentence. makes me sad...this weekend hopefully ill be able to get some different kinds of meds. and some more foods;most of what i have is goldfish specific. i know you can feed it to others, but it still bugs me since goldfish are vegetarians. not good for carnivores, at least not in the quantities i feed them.

Cupcake Says:

I don't find it a death sentence, both my Tetras developed the spots and still survived, (Whole tank too) And goldfish food is not the best, I feed mine a mix of the tropical fish food and bloodworms for betas, they love it.

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
LesserFab Cupcake
lividdarkangel800
LesserFab Cupcake
lividdarkangel800

Cupcake Says:

Cupcake Says:

I don't find it a death sentence, both my Tetras developed the spots and still survived, (Whole tank too) And goldfish food is not the best, I feed mine a mix of the tropical fish food and bloodworms for betas, they love it.

yeha, ive had a betta survive it like ten years ago, but it has been so long since ive had issue with it i dont remember exactly what to do anymore.

Champion

I love Arowanas but I cant possibly house a 200+ gallon tank. Goldfish are my passion and I'm pretty knowledgeable in that field, at least...
I have two ryukins and a pearlscale living in 47 gallons running a Fluval 406 and 2 weekly water changes of ~95%. I even feed them homemade gel food, spoiled things. emotion_puke

I'm addicted to buying plants so at this rate I won't be able to even see them. lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff