Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Muse

6,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
emotion_kirakira emotion_bigheart Michiko Shiruba Hime's (Chrissie) Pets Thread emotion_bigheart emotion_kirakira

This is the first time I've ever created my own thread and figured that since I'm an animal lover the Pets section would be a perfect place to start. I've owned a variety of animals in my life time from barnyard familiars to exotics no one has probably heard of. Now, currently I own 3 dogs and 2 cats 1 of whom is a Siamese Scottish Fold. I also own a whole menagerie of exotic and unusual pets. I wanted to share some of them with you and give a little history about them. They will be arranged by their species for easy reading and viewing. I will update this thread often!

cat_biggrin CATS cat_biggrin

Kyra:
User Image
User Image
Age: 5 years DOB: Found in May 2009 Gender: Female Color: Calico Breed: Mix DSH (Domestic Short Hair)
Kyra was found as a wild kitten at the tender age of 5 1/2 weeks. She was as wild as they come. Spitting, scratching, biting she tried it all but it didnt faze me. It took me just under a week to fully tame her. She had several vet trips, shots, spay and microchipping and all the while I showered her with love and affection. Now 5 years later she is a fully grown, spoiled and much loved member of my family.

Venture:
User Image
Age: 3 years DOB: 2012-2013 Gender: Female Color: Choc/Sealpoint Siamese Breed: Scottish Fold
Venture came to me from a very good family friend who desperately needed a home for her. Venture is a purebred Choc/Sealpoint Siamese Scottish Fold and her title name is Lil Miss Adventure "Venture". She has never been bred and was immediately spayed. Venture is very shy as all Scottish Folds are and since they bond to only one person by nature, she bonded with me. She is very aloof and likes to be loved on but only on her terms. She is not a 'sit in your lap' cat and doesn't like to be held. She is very affectionate and playful in spurts and likes to lay around. She is a very special cat and I'm glad that she is in my life.

DOGS

Belle:
Age: 11 years DOB: September 2004-05 Gender: Female Color: White and Brown Breed: Shar-Pei/Red-nose Pittbull
User Image
I've had Belle since she was 6 weeks old. She was given to me for free by a neighbor whose dog had a litter. Belle is the first Pittbull mix I've ever owned and she has been the best dog in my life. She has the most beautiful amber eyes and have such a soulful look to them that you cant help but smile when she looks at you. She has lived a wonderful life with a wide variety of animals from chickens to chihuahua's and has never hurt anything or anyone. I am an advocate for her breed and she is the center of my world. emotion_kirakira

Serenity 'Pup':
Age: 5 years DOB: February 2009 Gender: Female Color: Golden Amber Breed: Red-Bone Coonhound/Golden Lab
User Image
I found Serenity as a pup abandoned outside of a store in my town along with her 8 siblings (whom I found homes for). She was only 5 weeks old, skinny, scared and looking for comfort. She followed me around the parking lot for over an hour as I watched her and the other pups interact. After getting help from bystanders to take the other puppies I took her home, gave her a bath, fed her and with me she stayed. My husband came up with the name Serenity Rose and her nickname became 'Pup' which we still call her to this day. She is very loyal and doesn't let me out of her sight. She is also very smart and picks up on new things rather easily. She is not spayed as we hope to breed her someday and she is very very attached to my husband. She loves her sisters and prefers to be where ever I am laying at my feet. Serenity's name means "Clear, Calm and Tranquility" which we figured was perfect for her. heart

Sophie:
Age: 3 years DOB: 2012(?) Gender: Female Color: Cream White Breed: Chinese Crested/Chihuahua mix
User Image
Sophie's story is rather short in comparison to her sisters. She was bought off of Craigslist. I came across her ad as I was browsing the Pets section (which I do often) and fell in love with her adorable little face. The ad said that she was for sale and had been returned several times and if she wasn't purchased the shelter would be her next destination. I had recently lost my Border Collie/Saluki mix Misty of 15 years to cancer and wasn't sure if I was ready for another dog but after staring at her photo and reading her story I just HAD to have her. She has been just a joy to be with. She is full of personality and spunk. She doesn't know she's little. To her, she is the same size as Serenity and Belle. She loves to fetch Golf Balls, defuzz Tennis Balls, shred stuffed animals and torture Kyra, It may have been a spur of the moment encounter but it is one that will last a lifetime.
D'aw, cute animals!

Need moar pictures!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas