Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Werewolf

so i'm not 100 % sure on what all fruits bunnies can have but i want to make sure my little fur babies are getting their vitamins cause lets face it they hate the vitamin blocks from the vet/pet shops. so anyway can someone tell me what i can give them?

Aged Girl

Safe fruits off the top of my head:

Tomato
Green Bell Pepper
Yellow/Orange Bell Pepper
Red Bell Pepper
Apple fruit (seeds contain arsenic)
Banana, Plantain
Concord grapes
Grapes (in general)
Cranberries
Squash
Cucumber
Watermelon
Honeydew
Cantaloupe
Pear
Oranges
Mandarin

Beware of uncommon fruits that are more prevalent in other cultures, as they may not be safe for rabbits.
We are an ethnic family, and my rabbit has been given pieces of starfruit, goji berries, cactus fruit and persimmon in the past without my permission (*cough* family members *cough*).

My rabbit LOVES goji berries, actually, but just be careful with exotic fruits.

Also, rabbits are healthiest when fed a diet of mostly hay/water, pellets (if you do that), then veggies, then fruits in moderation.
You may find it best to not go too heavy on the sweeter fruits.

Fashionable Werewolf

Nurse Kipsie

thanks so much for the help my grandmother had been feeding them honey dew and cantaloupe and i was scared it would make them sick. i mostly feed them the bunny safe hays and pellets. only giving them fruits and veggies when they refuse to eat their pellets. but what i give them is usually blue berries, strawberries, dried cranberries, raisins, grapes, apples and celery, lettuces, carrots, cabbage and just a little bit of collard leafs. (may give them a little bit of gas)

Devoted Friend

8,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Millionaire 200
here is a website that lists green, vegetables, and fruits that rabbits can eat

Suggested Veggies and Fruits for a Rabbit Diet

Fashionable Werewolf

DragonFang09

thanks so much smile

Devoted Friend

8,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Millionaire 200
Lumbee Wolf Lady
DragonFang09

thanks so much smile

no problem. the internet can be quite useful at times

Fashionable Werewolf

DragonFang09

yeah true there

Wealthy Hoarder

I tried given carrots to my rabbit but refused to eat them. So he gets salad and apples.

Fashionable Werewolf

Srintella Tiagara

that's strange every bunny i had all 12 of them (8 are dead cause of old age crying ) have all loved fruits,veggies & the bunny treats at Walmart. i just don't like when they're given something that I'm not use to feeding them. that's why i tend to ask a lot of questions. sweatdrop

Wealthy Hoarder

Lumbee Wolf Lady
Srintella Tiagara

that's strange every bunny i had all 12 of them (8 are dead cause of old age crying ) have all loved fruits,veggies & the bunny treats at Walmart. i just don't like when they're given something that I'm not use to feeding them. that's why i tend to ask a lot of questions. sweatdrop

He won't even touch the treats I find at walmart. I have tried so many times..

Not sure if its how I raised him or what. Or he's just a picky bunny.

Fashionable Werewolf

Srintella Tiagara

it maybe how you've raised him once a bunny is on an all pellet diet it will only eat them an a few fruits that have a sweet taste mostly all rabbits like apples and lettuces. also age has a role to. if its a young bunny around 1-3 months it may not eat them cause its teeth are coming threw and if its old it maybe because it hurts his jaw.

Wealthy Hoarder

Lumbee Wolf Lady
Srintella Tiagara

it maybe how you've raised him once a bunny is on an all pellet diet it will only eat them an a few fruits that have a sweet taste mostly all rabbits like apples and lettuces. also age has a role to. if its a young bunny around 1-3 months it may not eat them cause its teeth are coming threw and if its old it maybe because it hurts his jaw.

I got him he was on the all pellet diet. I added more to his diet. He now gets the pellets, hey (horse hey!) and apples and salad. We tried other fruits but...again he refused..

I guess so though that makes since. He is about 9 years old.

Fashionable Werewolf

Srintella Tiagara

ah that explains it hes an old boy who's use to an all pellets and hay diet. once you feed the straight pellets and hay its hard to get the to eat many treats or fruits/veggies. my oldest bunny was around 9 or 10 when she died. i miss my Callie she was such a sweet bunny.

Wealthy Hoarder

Lumbee Wolf Lady
Srintella Tiagara

ah that explains it hes an old boy who's use to an all pellets and hay diet. once you feed the straight pellets and hay its hard to get the to eat many treats or fruits/veggies. my oldest bunny was around 9 or 10 when she died. i miss my Callie she was such a sweet bunny.

I raised him from a month old and have tried adding more to his diet. However, I guess that's true.

Fashionable Werewolf

Srintella Tiagara

i did that to all my bunnies i even raise a wild baby hare before strangely its perfectly okay to keep them as pets here. they view them as normal rabbits. you could try mixing new veggies/fruits with pellets or hay. that's how i got my youngest bunny fluffy he was born on Easter this year to start eating fruits.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff