1 2 >

Benevolent Nymph

11,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
User Image

Introduction:

Has anyone taken a peek in the Apple App store to look at the GaiaOnline app recently? I have! As of today, 7/11/2014, the app is sitting at 1.5 stars. That is right, you read it: 1.5 stars! This rating comes from users of the app who apparently are so unhappy with it that they go and rate it. It is worth noting that this rating is a result of Version 1.72, which was released on October 24th 2013.

This means that the app has not been updated since Oct of LAST YEAR. and in that time people have been very unhappy with the app. In the post below I will make a list of complaints. If you have any to add, let me know!

GaiaOnline does have a thread dedicated to letting users report problems, but it seems like they go completely unnoticed! Admins do not respond to issues, and obviously they have not been fixed!

The android app ALSO needs to be fixed for many of the exact same reasons. It has a 3.0/5.0 star rating as of right now. It was updated in May of last year, and it's version is 1.29 (info provided by Panda Go Moo

GaiaOnline, I am sure if you actually fix the app you will find that many more people will use it!

Benevolent Nymph

11,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Problems noted by Gaians

1. Unable to send private messages, messages that are sent are blank(this is the BIGGEST complaint)
2. Unable to tap on anything within 'notices' tab
3. Constant crashing: Saving avatar, clicking on announcements, completing GC offers, posting in forums, sending pms and loading the app
4. Issues loging in: Users unable to log in without attempting multiple times
5. Notifications do NOT work! Though you can set a banner or alert for the app, you do not get either when you receive a new pm, are quoted, or have new announcements
6. No ability to scroll within the app

These are the top complaints that I read within the reviews for the app: Please note that each of these has been stated multiple times. If you want me to add anything to the list, let me know

Benevolent Nymph

11,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Here I will quote anyone who asks me to so that they can share their own review on this page:

SitoriTenshi
Every single time I have ever tried to send a PM through the app it has gone through as a blank page. This is super annoying when you spend a long time typing out a well-thought out pm that just goes poof when you hit send! Also, I really would like to have the app notify me when I get a new pm so that I don't have to manually check every single time- but it wont do it! I thought that it would, since GaiaOnline appears in the notifications in the iphone, but nope. Fix this. Please

Benevolent Nymph

11,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
~Signatures~

1. SitoriTenshi
2. Veniice
3. Panda Go Moo
4. Javier Cross
5. Takahashi Haru
6. Free Killz
7. Zealothia

Formal Shoujo

8,150 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
You have my support even though i dont use the app

Benevolent Nymph

11,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Veniice

Why thank you! May I add your name to the signature list? heart

Formal Shoujo

8,150 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Sitori Tenshi
Veniice

Why thank you! May I add your name to the signature list? heart
Sure
y not
I sign.

I tried downloading the android gaiaonline app for my samsung galaxy tablet. Needless to say it wore down my system, and I couldn't do ANYTHING on it!! It was a real bummer, especially since that's all i carry with me anymore instead of my laptop.

Benevolent Nymph

11,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Panda Go Moo
I sign.

I tried downloading the android gaiaonline app for my samsung galaxy tablet. Needless to say it wore down my system, and I couldn't do ANYTHING on it!! It was a real bummer, especially since that's all i carry with me anymore instead of my laptop.

Thank you for signing! I do not have access to the ratings for the android app- do you happen to know?
Sitori Tenshi
Panda Go Moo
I sign.

Thank you for signing! I do not have access to the ratings for the android app- do you happen to know?

It has a 3.0/5.0 star rating as of right now. It was updated in May of last year, and it's version is 1.29. Even LESS then for iphone.. omg
This one is more undersigned than expected.

Add my name on Italics, Boldings and Underlinings in that case, okay?

Benevolent Nymph

11,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Javier Cross

Done! smile Help spread the word please, I feel like there will be a lot of people who will be on-board. In all fairness I did post this fairly early in the morning so I am hoping to get more signatures as the day goes on. Thank you!!!
Sitori Tenshi
Javier Cross

Done! smile Help spread the word please, I feel like there will be a lot of people who will be on-board. In all fairness I did post this fairly early in the morning so I am hoping to get more signatures as the day goes on. Thank you!!!

Talking with Darius Runan may help.

As for me, main reason I'm doing this is because the site's role-playing community got hit the hardest of the bunch, to say nothing of the debating or art shop communities either. emo

Benevolent Nymph

11,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Javier Cross

Talking with Darius Runan may help.

As for me, main reason I'm doing this is because the site's role-playing community got hit the hardest of the bunch, to say nothing of the debating or art shop communities either. emo

Being part of the role-playing community is exactly what pushed me to start this petition. Who is Darius Runan? heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff