Welcome to Gaia! ::

Visitors:

+1 1 100.0% [ 97 ]
Total Votes:[ 97 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

High-functioning Shapeshifter

Introduction:

Currently, you have to post "I sign", or something similar, to sign a petition. But if you don't clearly say you're signing, the creator of the petition may not add your name to their signature list. You could also get added to the list when you didn't want to sign, and were just making a comment or bumping it. Also, if the petition reaches "old and decrepit" status, you can't sign it until the owner bumps it, which they often don't.

If there was a way to automatically sign petitions, creators of petitions could completely ignore their petition and still have a perfectly updated Signature List, which would be useful if they don't update them often.

I think there should be a kind of multiple-option poll that people could vote on and it would automatically add names to a Signature List, so then there would be no more confusion on whether you signed that petition yet or not, because it would be marked as a petition that you signed or didn't sign. Since the poll would have multiple options, you could disagree with the petition if you wanted to.

If you ever change your mind about what you voted for in that petition, you could also have the option to change your vote from Sign this Petition to Disagree with this Petition, or vice versa. This option could be useful if you accidentally clicked the wrong button, but you could also simply be asked whether you're really sure that you want to Sign this petition/Disagree with this petition. But being able to change your vote could be useful if the owner of the petition edited the petition in a way that you no longer agree/disagree with it, and you want to switch your vote.

While voting, you could have the option of whether or not you want to view that petition in the forums again, because once you make up your mind and vote, you might not want to see it again. You could also have an option in your account settings that could automatically do this for you whenever you sign or disagree with a petition.

Possible options to vote on in a petition:

Sign this petition
You agree with what is said in this petition, and your name is added to a Signature List. You would have the option to not view the petition in the forums anymore, or just see it marked as a petition you signed.

Disagree with this petition
You disagree with what is said in this petition, and you name could possibly be added to a list of people who disagree with that petition, along with a little feedback comment that you could have next to your name to explain why you disagreed with it. You would have the option to not view the petition in the forums anymore, or just see it marked as a petition you disagreed with.

Undecided
You are not sure whether you want to sign or not. This option would not add your name to a list, but the petition would be marked as Undecided when you view it in the forums. This option would allow you to vote again so you can select Sign this Petition or Disagree with this Petition the next time you visit the petition.

Gold option (If there would be any gold given from the petition poll)
You don't care what the petition is about; you just vote to get gold. If there would not be any gold received from voting, then voters should be reminded that they won't get any gold for voting.

If you also want a button to sign petitions with, then please sign this petition by posting something along the lines of "I sign."

Rules:

1. Follow the Terms of Service and Petitions Forum Rules & Guidelines.
2. Don't try to sign more than once (such as posting your signature more than once, using extra Gaia accounts, etc.)
3. Don't say [other person's name] also signs. You can only sign for yourself.
4. If you want to sign, say "I sign" or at least make it clear you're signing.
5. Don't send me your signatures in a PM. Just sign in this thread.
6. Don't quote the Signatures List to sign. It doesn't count as signing, even if you "add your name" to it.

My other petitions

Signatures:

1. Kangit
  2. The Rune of Shadows
  3. Baseballdiva77
  4. Saint Black the Morbid
  5. Ame no Yanagi
  6. shezeu
  7. PoISoNoUs DIsAsTeR
  8. 00xuxa00
  9. Mental Massacre
  10. Skye River
  11. x p r i n c e e
  12. InkBalloon
  13. Gidgetech
  14. Poise N Death
  15. lanie100
  16. Gekkoh
  17. Xx_fruffy_grunnies_xX
  18. slingslangtang
  19. Broken Perfectly
  20. Xevra
  21. The Snazzy Hobo
  22. Belladona beso
  23. Charlotte Quest
  24. Prince Yuui
  25. Jessie Raine
  26. Saved By Childhood
  27. Miss-dark8607
  28. InsaneCrayons
  29. lucky_elf
  30. izumi hiroko
  31. buchipeng
  32. Ms Minerva
  33. Bes In A Box
  34. ii Kitty Pop ii
  35. Caffeinated Rave
  36. Encompassing_Flame
  37. SumBumSam
  38. Amzy12341
  39. Captain Incapable
  40. TVXQ Saranghae
  41. Amaki Mikashi
  42. SheszT0oRaww
  43. Isis Wii
  44. poikpoik
  45. Dr Doodles
  46. hannah4099
  47. Icy_Pandaz
  48. crazykid104
  49. IceFire101
  50. Arctic Wolfbane
  51. x-iiPoop
  52. Pseudopathogen
  53. ngaurhoth1
  54. Subliminal Aftermath
  55. Ninten Earthbound Zero
  56. Duskheaven
  57. Piscaries
  58. LabTech Kestin
  59. P o c k y S o u p
  60. Disturbed Blue
  61. Lockoko
  62. ihategumbymorethanyou
  63. She-who-loves-hyphens
  64. l -Caraphernelia- l
  65. Heiros
  66. B0WIE
  67. King Kazme
  68. My Bunny Love
  69. HisKittyBoton
  70. TranquilDisturbance
  71. Leryrin
  72. Slick Romance
  73. Cinibunny
  74. Princess Volupine
  75. Vicky Brooks
  76. The_Witch_Aryllia
  77. LotusCurtiss
  78. Cpt Odd

Quotes:

Ame no Yanagi
User Image

Feedback: While your idea would make signing petitions far more convenient, it's still rather simple and could do with some tweaks. Maybe if a user hits "disagree" for a petition, then the petition will show up in the forums as read, but the user won't be able to sign the petition. (Of course, users should be allowed to revoke their disagreements if they change their minds at any time--but once they sign the petitions, they can only revoke their signatures once before their "disagree" position is permanent. This is to help prevent abuse of the system.)

Alternatively, a "reject and don't display this petition again" option might work in lieu of a "disagree" option. The reason is that the option would effectively show your disagreement for the petition and hide the petition from the forums so that you won't have to see it again.

As for signed petitions, why not allow users to check a box under the poll that says, "When I sign this, don't show this to me again"? Or even choose to hide signed petitions via their account settings? That way, you would only see new petitions, petitions that you viewed but didn't sign, and petitions that you're still considering.

If Gaia should choose to implement a system like the one you're suggesting, perhaps the staff will have to change the icons in Petitions as well. Or quite possibly even develop an entirely new system dedicated to receiving user ideas and feedback in the form of petitions.

Blinkie courtesy of Hikari_Sango. ありがとう! ♥

If the above blinkie doesn't show up, this is what it's supposed to say:
"Ame no Yanagi signs this petition."

Gidgetech
I sign!

Maybe it could be set up like when we vote in a poll/increase the <3 of a thread? But definitely with an option that says, 'Hey, you've voted here!'

Affiliates:

Banners:

[size=16][b][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.63727925/]A Button to Sign Petitions![/url][/b][/size]

This petition is now open.

4,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200

4,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Junior Trader 100

1,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Saint Morbid doth sign this petition.
User Image

Feedback: While your idea would make signing petitions far more convenient, it's still rather simple and could do with some tweaks. Maybe if a user hits "disagree" for a petition, then the petition will show up in the forums as read, but the user won't be able to sign the petition. (Of course, users should be allowed to revoke their disagreements if they change their minds at any time--but once they sign the petitions, they can only revoke their signatures once before their "disagree" position is permanent. This is to help prevent abuse of the system.)

Alternatively, a "reject and don't display this petition again" option might work in lieu of a "disagree" option. The reason is that the option would effectively show your disagreement for the petition and hide the petition from the forums so that you won't have to see it again.

As for signed petitions, why not allow users to check a box under the poll that says, "When I sign this, don't show this to me again"? Or even choose to hide signed petitions via their account settings? That way, you would only see new petitions, petitions that you viewed but didn't sign, and petitions that you're still considering.

If Gaia should choose to implement a system like the one you're suggesting, perhaps the staff will have to change the icons in Petitions as well. Or quite possibly even develop an entirely new system dedicated to receiving user ideas and feedback in the form of petitions.

Blinkie courtesy of Hikari_Sango. ありがとう! ♥

If the above blinkie doesn't show up, this is what it's supposed to say:
"Ame no Yanagi signs this petition."

Devoted Healer

I sign.

Though a similar idea to what Ame no Yanagi mentioned: I'd like to be able to see what petition's I've already signed without having to either 1.) look through possibly dozens of names to find my own or, 2.) look through all my posts.

Maybe when the user re-visits the thread it has a little check box at the top that says "I've signed this petition!" and, should you decide to sign, you click the box and put a check mark in it. (or possibly some simpler idea lol sweatdrop )

6,800 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

Hygienic Member

6,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Gaian 50
I sign this petition. mrgreen

Quick Reply

Submit