Welcome to Gaia! ::

Smoker

There's this Talent agency coming to my state and I signed up for it. Acting is required for everyone which is why I was doing it anyways but I'm gonna do the modeling for shits and giggles, but I was just wondering if you have any advice, since this is my first audition. :c

Precious Sweetheart

7,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Drop Dead Andy V2
There's this Talent agency coming to my state and I signed up for it. Acting is required for everyone which is why I was doing it anyways but I'm gonna do the modeling for shits and giggles, but I was just wondering if you have any advice, since this is my first audition. :c

First is it a prepared audition? Are there any other requirements? As for delivery, smile. Smiles go a long way. Don't let them no you are scared. If you mess up just state you are starting over, don't appologize. if you are already really far into it, just find a way to keep going. Once again don't appologize. Be confident. Know your stuff. Study any source material you can. Work on movement so you don't just stand there awkwardly. After you are done a simple thank you before you walk off to show you are done.

^ these are all things our acting teacher drilled into our heads. there are other things too, but different auditions have different requirements.

Smoker

x Moonlit Mischief x
Drop Dead Andy V2

First is it a prepared audition? Are there any other requirements? As for delivery, smile. Smiles go a long way. Don't let them no you are scared. If you mess up just state you are starting over, don't appologize. if you are already really far into it, just find a way to keep going. Once again don't appologize. Be confident. Know your stuff. Study any source material you can. Work on movement so you don't just stand there awkwardly. After you are done a simple thank you before you walk off to show you are done.

^ these are all things our acting teacher drilled into our heads. there are other things too, but different auditions have different requirements.

A minute monologue, either your own or the one they provided

Precious Sweetheart

7,350 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Drop Dead Andy V2

That's not too hard. Just remember to memorize as best you can, and don't look directly at the people in the room. Choose a neutral point past them. Face forward. don't deliver it in profile. Clothes should be nice, but something you can move around in. hair needs to be out of your face, and clothes complimentary of your body types. no wild patterns or anything. They are there to see you, not your clothing. :3

Smoker

x Moonlit Mischief x
Drop Dead Andy V2

That's not too hard. Just remember to memorize as best you can, and don't look directly at the people in the room. Choose a neutral point past them. Face forward. don't deliver it in profile. Clothes should be nice, but something you can move around in. hair needs to be out of your face, and clothes complimentary of your body types. no wild patterns or anything. They are there to see you, not your clothing. :3
I got some hand movements going on for it but I'm just standing there and I notice I rock back and forth when I'm talking and nervous

Precious Sweetheart

7,350 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Drop Dead Andy V2

I got some hand movements going on for it but I'm just standing there and I notice I rock back and forth when I'm talking and nervous

I had that problem all the time too. You just have to realize you do it and practice it enough to consciously stop it. Relaxation techniques before hand can help too.; 3nodding

Smoker

x Moonlit Mischief x
Drop Dead Andy V2

I had that problem all the time too. You just have to realize you do it and practice it enough to consciously stop it. Relaxation techniques before hand can help too.; 3nodding oh alright c:
thank you c:

Precious Sweetheart

7,350 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Drop Dead Andy V2
x Moonlit Mischief x
Drop Dead Andy V2

I had that problem all the time too. You just have to realize you do it and practice it enough to consciously stop it. Relaxation techniques before hand can help too.; 3nodding
oh alright c:
thank you c:

^-^ you are most welcome, Sir. Happy to help.
Hello smile

For the monologue make sure to actively pursue an objective: What do I want? How am I getting it? How is what I'm saying helping me get what I want?

Choose a specific point to look at. Imagine this is someone you're talking to (a friend, a psychiatrist, whatever works for the piece).

Know the play- not necessarily read it but know who you are, how old you are etc. They may ask you about that.

Know where your character is when you're performing the monologue (am I in a room? A park? what does it look like?)

Practice the piece like a flailing idiot following EVERY weird impulse. A LOT of good stuff comes out of performing like this. Keep what you like.

Have fun and don't be apologetic. Remember, an audition isn't just about the performing. It's also an interview. They wanna see who you are as a person. Relax and remember that they want you there. It's your moment so claim it. They want you to do well and you want you to do well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff