Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Person of Interest 200
As a regular high school-er, we need 22 credits to graduate. One of these credits needed to be a Fine Arts credit. So, out of pure luck, out of all the Fine Art electives I chose, I get Theater.. And let me just say, I was freaked out of my mind when I walked in the first day. I have HOOOOORRRRIBLE stage fright (I can BARELY do class presentations), but I was going to do it, whether I liked it or not. The following days went something like this:

1. Met everyone at once, learning their hobbies, favorite movies, and songs.
2. Tried impromptu exercises. Slightly failed.
3. Played games, like staring games, Honey, if you love me?, etc.
4. Was elected Secretary of our Drama Club/Theater Productions because I was simply nominated, not thinking I would win popular vote over someone that has been in Theater for 2 years..

Though.. It's half way though the second week, and I'm having a blast. I have so much confidence, and I'm having SO MUCH FUN. It makes me wish I joined much, much sooner.

Anyway, the point of this is.. Maybe if you're afraid of something, you should take it head on with no fear in mind at all. You only live once. You'll only see these people for your high school career. So, why not? Live a little, I say now. smile

3,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
starts dancing around i enjoy acting.

5,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Every play my school puts on always adds a like "High School Musical" dance into it. So, somewhere in the play, we'll all break out into song and dance. :3
just try and relax and don't think of the people watching, think of yourself having a good time doing what u love
That's cool that you've gotten a boost of confidence! I am in theatre arts at my local school, and I am a Freshman. I was invited my 8th grade year to be a Junior Member after the TA Director heard of all the acting I'd been doing. After I auditioned the other day for the Sleeping Beauty play were currently working on, I got the part of Sleeping Beauty! I'm really excited, and I already have all my lines memorized, and the show isn't even ready till January!!!!! Haha. Have you auditioned for anything?
High school theater is certainly the best! And especially if you're school's small, you can get great parts (I got JoJo in Seussical- one of three leads- in my first musical). Keep at the theater- it's totally the best! Good luck with your future theater endeavors!
As a fan of the theater, I congratulate you for stepping out of your shell and immersing yourself in the culture. I had terrible stage fright as a young girl, but trust me, that goes away. Sure, you will most likely feel nervous on opening night, but that's always the night that everyone's nervous. As long as you know what you're supposed to be doing (having your lines/blocking memorized, etc.) then you should be just fine.

3,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
acting is amasing. really fun.
This may sound bad but i never understood people with stage fright, then again i'm one of those people who jumps up on tables and such (yesterday in the middle of the commons area i started singing RENT at the top of my lungs during lunch). but i always saw things a little differently. if i fall flat on my a** and everyone sees me do it, i won't just sit there on the ground looking helpless. you have to stand up dust yourself off and laugh at the fact that you just tripped over air.
i'm glad you got over your stage fright and i hope you have alot of fun in theater. ^.^
I study in a theatre school rolleyes
I love theatre.
I never liked the idea of being in a play, though. I loved singing and in junior high, my school put on Guys and Dolls. I decided to say "what the heck" and audition. Guess who got the role of Sarah Brown?
Ever since then, I haven't left the stage. I even like to help out back stage.

Right now I'm playing Gwendolen Fairfax in my school's production of "The Importance of Being Ernest."

I like musical theater better, but I have stage fright when it comes to singing in front of people. I may be the lead alto in my school choir, but if I have to sing alone I get really nervous. My legs shake really bad when I get nervous, haha. It's ridiculous.

But even if you have stage fright, I recommend theater to a lot of people. It's a wonderful way to get out of your shell and just be goofy and have fun. I wish I could do it more besides just community theatre outside of high school but it's not realistic for me.

But congratulations, also. (:
Jac Grace
(yesterday in the middle of the commons area i started singing RENT at the top of my lungs during lunch).

I so would've joined you. I'm always singing RENT songs at the top of my lungs in the hallways and trying to get people to sing with me. Jonathan Larson has to be my favorite writer.

7,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
wait im confused what was the topic about again
-Hematomania-
Jac Grace
(yesterday in the middle of the commons area i started singing RENT at the top of my lungs during lunch).

I so would've joined you. I'm always singing RENT songs at the top of my lungs in the hallways and trying to get people to sing with me. Jonathan Larson has to be my favorite writer.

i would've welcomed the company. it was because one of my friends decided to see if they knew a musical i didn't... they did not win on that one.
smile throwing yourself out of your comfort zone is the only way to grow.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff