Welcome to Gaia! ::

These poems are just.. wow mrgreen

Gracious Conversationalist

7,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
"Au contraire! We flew in the air like Superman, and the basket lady was there! I had cookies, and on the t.v, the whores were punching!"
~
Patton Oswalt
I'm confused. The thread title says seriously ridiculous, which leads me to believe that you were posting comical poems but some comments indicate that you're thinking of publishing, which isn't comical (or rather, they could be but not usually).

Still, I will throw down my two cents if you are, indeed, interested in publishing and want to better your poetic output. So, I should first mention that following links is annoying. This is a poetry forum. Paste the poem here.

From what I've read, I've noticed that your rhymes are fairly weak. They seem forced in some areas and superfluous or redundant in others. You suffer some yoda speak, as well. Good for writing, this is not. It also seems that you lumped words together because you liked the ring of them and not because they actually helped your poem. Then of course, there's the lack of imagery, which I'll only mention because if you pick up a stone and throw it into this forum, you'll hit a poem without images. Just read their work and a critique from someone who knows better to get an idea. You use the most basic punctuation. This is important because using the right punctuation in some ares would change some of my previous statements. Get crazy with a dash or semicolon. Well, first learn their purpose, then get crazy.

As far as suggestions, I recommend you read a lot of poetry, put thought into the words with a clear understanding of what you're trying to say, then post the poem and listen to the critics who want to help. Learn your poetic devices by reading the poets guide to poetry.

7,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
MaddHadter

You're completely entitled to your opinion, and respectfully so. But, if you would be so kind as to take into consideration, that every one of these stem from years back; way before I had any real imaginative sense of poetry. I merely figured I'd bump an old thread (with an old alias of mine) to see if I could be provided with some constructive criticism.
INFJ Demeanor
MaddHadter

You're completely entitled to your opinion, and respectfully so. But, if you would be so kind as to take into consideration, that every one of these stem from years back; way before I had any real imaginative sense of poetry. I merely figured I'd bump an old thread (with an old alias of mine) to see if I could be provided with some constructive criticism.
Again, confused. You bumped this thread to get some constructive criticism then make excuses as to why I shouldn't criticize it. Perplexed; I am.

7,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
MaddHadter
INFJ Demeanor
MaddHadter

Again, confused. You bumped this thread to get some constructive criticism then make excuses as to why I shouldn't criticize it. Perplexed; I am.

That's the beauty of it all. Confusion is my forte, and chaos is my birthright.

Over-analyzing instead of letting things flow from the spout that is attached to my brain, causes an extremely convoluted and contrived series of 'absurd clarity.'

I'm not out to please everyone.
INFJ Demeanor
MaddHadter
INFJ Demeanor
MaddHadter

That's the beauty of it all. Confusion is my forte, and chaos is my birthright.

Over-analyzing instead of letting things flow from the spout that is attached to my brain, causes an extremely convoluted and contrived series of 'absurd clarity.'

Excuses, excuses.
INFJ Demeanor

This is a work shop forum--a place where poets can post their works with the intent of receiving fruitful feedback/criticism/advice/suggestions that can be used to improve their craft.

If you're not here to improve your craft, then why are you posting links to your poetry here?

To please your ego by consciously reading only the positive feedback?

Friendly Explorer

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100
You have a fantastic way of opening yourself to others with the stories in your poems/writings! I really like them although I read only a few.

I personally think this is a sub-forum where you can express your feelings or make your own stories by writing poems/lyrics. (Harsh) Criticism towards something pain/stress-releasing seems cruel.

...If you find, that you need help in writing you should ask for critism and accept/decline the stuff others say to you about your writing style but if you find someone being abusive against your style, you shouldn't care about them... I love your way of work and I hope to see/read more from you!

^u^

Maybe I'm too positive...
Xolaki
Maybe I'm too positive.

Maybe?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items