Welcome to Gaia! ::

Serebrate

OoC:
This...er...guild you have would probably be better off in the Organization and Military Guilds subforum since it deals mostly with technology. Even then, you might want to tone it down.
But then again, it's your guild. If you believe strongly in this guild, then don't let other push you around. It's your privilege to have whatever type of guild you want wherever you want it, so long as it complies with ToS and applicable rules. However, I suggest you heed the advice - speaking with four years of experience here.

While I respect that you're not a bumbling idiot, and have a very valid point. You should understand the UGMF is one of the largest, most well established military guilds. We're obviously doing fine without the magic. This isn't a little pet project we just started. Our guild is around three years old, very active, and we're not exactly at the mercy of anyone when it comes to being "pushed around". Trust me your advice bears meaning solely within this forum. So I think we'd all appreciate it if you toned down the condescending attitude. "This...er...guild we have would probably be better off..." With all due respect to those four experienced years.
Raven Eraendal
Darc Eon > M21 granted with a 20-round box clip. You have been designated the SectionDesignated Marksman role or if you prefer.. the 'lone wolf' role. Whichever suits you better.

Thanks, Sir. I prefer sticking close to the group, a mobile marksman if you will. Taking out any needed targets. Though if we ever need someone to break off from our unit, I can handle that as well. Assuming thats what a "lone wolf" entails.
Second lieutenant Stryker requesting role as squad leader(or anything close to being in a squad), weapon: G3.
Stryker > G3A3 granted. You have been designated commander of an infantry platoon.

Everybody > I need volunteers for a reconnaissance mission into the Warmaker's FFA Thread.
Save the cheerleader, save the world?

I'd be proud to be the first to sign up for the recon mission, sir.

...yeah right.
Ralen Kentovru

I'd be proud to be the first to sign up for the recon mission, sir.

...yeah right.

Ralen > Is the 'yeah right' a signature thing ?

Anyway, if you were to go on the Recon, you'd have to leave behind your XM-8. We don't need the firepower and if we do, things have gone pear-shaped enough that we only need an evac.

Yes, sir, the whole grey text is. Can I take along an XM-8 Marksmen variant, instead, then? I could even put a suppressor on it. If not, I'll just use the usual payload, sir.

...yeah right.
Ralen > Take the LMG variant of the XM-8 and just make sure your character is camoflauged enough. Forget about the Marksman variant.

Everybody > fill out the below profile. Needed for inter-thread warfare.

[b]Gaian Username ::[/b]
[b]UGMF Rank ::[/b]

[b]Character Name ::[/b]
[b]Character Age ::[/b]
[b]Character Gender ::[/b]

[b]Character Equipment ::[/b] (make sure you include a camoflauged cape with rock-like patterns. No particularly heavy equipment needed.)

[b]Description of your Character ::[/b]
Gaian Username :: Ralen Kentovru
UGMF Rank :: Private (E-1)

Character Name :: Abel Cain
Character Age :: Eighteen (18 )
Character Gender :: Male

Character Equipment :: Camouflaged cape(Mountainous patterns.); XM-8 LMG variant; Mk. 23 SoCom; Two(2) Flashbang Grenades; Three(3) Extra Drums(Fifty(50) rounds per drum); Two(2) extra SoCom Magazines; Standard ACU uniform.

Description of your Character :: Tall, around six(6) foot three(3) inches, and on the lighter side, one hundred ninety-five(195) pounds. Abel is toned, slightly pale, and has buzzed hair, DeZ shaved on the back of his head. He has Hazel eyes and dark brown hair, after he hasn't gotten it cut in a while, and a light five O'clock shadow that he usually just keeps so he doesn't have to shave a lot.
Gaian Username :: Darc Eon
UGMF Rank :: Private (E-1)

Character Name :: Darac Eon
Nickname :: Darc Eon
Character Age :: 17
Character Gender :: Male

Equipment:
Main Armament: Reissued M21 Sniper Rifle |
Side Arm: Heckler & Koch MK 23 SOCOM |
Body Armor: Preferably a lighter armor. |
Role specific: Hibben Generation 2 Pro Throwing Knives |
Misc: Radio, Ammunition Pouches, Camouflaged rock pattern cape. |

Description of your Character :: See avatar.

Are you sure Warmakers is the right choice Sir? Their defenses include Dinosaurs, Wolves, Golems, and Sandwyrms. There must be something more military based. I'm going to scout out the forums as well. Good luck getting an answer out of them. They seem to be ignoring your post. I would search the Military/Organization forum. Thats what I'm doing.

Candidates:
54th Infantry Division, The Gambino Military Base, Federal Republic of Ukraine, Unified Gaian Empire
Darc > Objection noted. However, I've already gone through negotiations with the leader of the Warmaker's thread and we've set down a few Rules of Engagement. At the very least, all that will happen will be a simple recon mission.
When is it supposed to go down, Sir?
OOC: >_>; Still accepting?
Ralen Kentovru
When is it supposed to go down, Sir?

Now. I finished negotiating a set of rules with the Warmaker's thread creator. Deploy into the thread at your own will.

Recon Mission Objectives are to scout out for enemy defenses, take visual and audio recordings and return without alerting the enemy. Do not engage the enemy unless directly threatened.

- No anti-magic technology is a reasonable rule given the fact that I haven't mentioned any such defenses but it is assumed that once the UEG gains knowledge of this 'magic' we will adapt our defenses to it. For example, sending out radiowaves at some odd wavelength would have to disrupt the practice of magic at some level.

Quote:
- No er.. excessive use of magic. Bullets can be stopped, deflected etc.. but to a reasonable extent. You might stop a three-round burst from a rifle but probably not a sustained burst from say.. a minigun. This also goes for using fireballs and the like.

- No teleporting, mind-controlling, equipment-warping..

- Just common-sense.

1.) Read and understand everything on the front page. Given.

2.) No anti-magic technology, first and foremost because the technology's not stated as having been developed on your front page. Plus, I want to see how tech people handle "magic" folks without anti-magic.

3.) Show evidence of reconaissance, e.g., sending a scout party into the crater first. Part of my guild's defense lies in the obscurity of the four-kilometer-wide, one-deep crater itself.

Mippys > Depends on how good you are.
Sir, it states in their forum that flying 'objects' do not function over the crater. Of which is their whole base of operations. Objects would include jets, of course. So, may I change my role to a sort of Special Air Service (SAS) type of battle role?
Ghost III
Sir, it states in their forum that flying 'objects' do not function over the crater. Of which is their whole base of operations. Objects would include jets, of course. So, may I change my role to a sort of Special Air Service (SAS) type of battle role?

Ghost III > Time for a lesson on inter-thread warfare.

Just because they said flying objects do not function doesn't mean that the normal laws of physics still apply. You could parachute off from a plane while still a kilometre away from the crater and then use one of those glider parachutes to drop in the crater. *hint*.

Commando Warfare role granted.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces