11,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cool Cat 500
User Image
CatherineVictoriaJones
Daddy's Little Girl
☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆
My location//: Father's business meeting My mood//: Nervous, alert. My company//: Father, Killian, and Thomas.
☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Catherine smiled at Thomas when she finished. She then watched him put his shirt on, blushing mildly at how fit he was. She then shook her head lightly at the offer of a drink. "No thank you."

When Killian nodded to her and smiled in a different way from before, she smiled back for a brief moment before looking away from him and walking over to her father. She sat down next to him and listened to what Mr. MacDaly was saying about the Scotty character. She swallowed hard and sat there as silently as she could, not really wanting to be there, but she knew her father would never allow her to leave.
Thomas "The Saint" McElroy
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thomas shrugged when she turned his offer down. "Suit yourself, I'll be over by the bar if Mr.McDaly or any of ya need me," he said walking over and taking a seat. He looked back at her and shook his head, what a shame a lass so pretty had to be off limits. He looked over at O'Malley, "Just get some coffee, and have ya seen Rowan anywhere? Where in the devil could that lass have wandered off to?" he wondered out loud. As he sat waiting for his coffee he looked over and saw a face he had not seen in ages. It was his old childhood friend Connor. "I'm either seein things or that's none other than Connor Foley, Is that you? By god, I haven't seen ya or yer brother in ages, how have ya been? Who's ye lady friend here?" he smiled rushing up to greet both of them. At the bar O'Malley had already set the coffee down and gave him a nod. Back in the fight pits something was going on with Killian, but that was of no real concern to Thomas at this point. He was just happy to see an old friend.

Fashionable Gaian

2,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
New RP news posted in the OOC: CLICK---> HERE

Fashionable Gaian

2,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
User ImageUser Image

User Image
User Image

Approx. 2 month time skip

Fashionable Gaian

2,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
User Image

User Image
╔══════════════════════☼══════════════════════╗

With a gentle gust of air protruding outward from her lips, the dust on the surface coiled into a defined cloud before the particles scattered among the dimly lit pub, vanishing to travel the earth for thousands more years. Her eyes stared blankly at it as she waited for the boys, old man O'Malley coming to stand in front of her, a smile on his aged face as he spoke in greeting of the darkening evening,

"dea Tráthnóna."

"dea Tráthnóna,"

Tabby responded simply, her Gaelic was not the best, honestly, she had forgotten most of it. She tried to avoid speaking in Gaelic whenever possible since the last Gaelic speaking person in her family died over 10 years ago. She remembered her mother singing to her in Gaelic and her father praying with them at bed time in Gaelic, but those were all memories. Memories of a time long past and of a language that would inevitably be conquered by the vast, virus-like spread of the English tongue. First Britain stole Ireland's face, and now, America. The cruel irony of it all was, Tabby wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for this assimilation.

"Cén chaoi a bhfuil tú, a stór?" Old Man O'Malley asked her of her well being with sweet concern. All the Irish immigrants that had grown up in this neighborhood knew one another, and O'Malley knew not just everyone, but everyone's parents, and in some cases, their parents parents, too.

"I'm doing 'ight I s'pose." Tabby responded in English, having trouble remembering how to structure the sentence properly, the grammar so different from English.

"Well... a bheith diana."

Tabby smiled at Old Man O'Malley's encouraging 'hang in there' and replied with a word she did remember how to say, she heard it in every prayer of thanks, "Go raibh maith agat. An ale please?"

╚══════════════════════☼══════════════════════╝

Fashionable Gaian

2,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
User ImageUser Image

User Image

The sun was beginning to set outside the office window of the police department. The large, second floor room with at least a dozen officers desks was empty now, everyone having gone home to be with their wives and children, to eat a warm, home cooked meal. Jamey realized as his green eyes watched the sun dimming in the multi-colored sky, like a panting in an infinite canvas, 'I have someone, too.' A smile came to his face at that realization. The realization that there was a woman who loved him, and things were going quite well, yet here he still was, working past seven o'clock at night while he had been there since eight, 11 hours prior. Jamey shook his head, "I never could turn it off." he muttered to himself in reference to his need to work. Standing from his desk he looked down at the papers strewn about in a disorderly fashion before closing his eyes and placing a hand to his face and giving a placid chuckle, "I think I can make myself stop here. I have done a lot today." he was making an effort.

Putting away the papers back into their labeled folders, he placed them into alphabetical order and made his way to the records vault to store them away for the night, twirling the key on his finger, 'Then again, Astrid is probably out having fun with her friends, which is fine, she has a social life and I have...' he looked around the building before chuckling at himself, he never had been a social butterfly, Jamey was the boy who sat under a tree and read books at recess, '...this...' he finished the thought for lack of a better word, 'I am sure I will see her tomorrow. Maybe I will ask her to lunch if she isn't working, I know immigrant schedules are usually quite unforgiving. I should probably write this down before I forget.' Jamey stopped in dead step and pulled a small leather string bound notebook out of his pants pocket, a planner. He opened it and wrote with the pencil he had in his pocket under June 14, "Lunch with Astrid?"

User Image

Dapper Gaian

User Image

Connor & Casey

FOLEY

User ImageUser Image
Finally, the day was done, work was over and Connor wanted nothing more than to get a drink at O'Malley's. This was the usually plan, while he wasn't there every night, he was there most nights out of the week for a drink. He did want to visit Mei as well, although she was probably tired, it may be best to visit her tomorrow, unless she would be at the bar tonight, that would be a nice surprise. Connor wondered sometimes, where their relationship was going, Mei was much different than the girls Connor was used to. Mei was very reserved and not too generous with her person. He entered the pub, holding the door open for oblivious Casey and Nat as they came through, talking about Nat's bum wrist and how it was beginning to affect his work.

"So is it like a sharp pain?" Casey asked as they entered the pub, "Like a sprain, or do you think it's more serious, does it swell up?"

"Yeah, it's a real sharp pain and then suddenly I can't use my arm no more. I drop whatever I'm holding or I just lose strength like that." he snapped his fingers, "But it never swells, I don't think it's broken, but honestly I don't really know. I am worried I'm gonna get fired though, 'cause I keep making our hard work go to hell with my weakness."

Casey nodded in understanding as he listened to Nat's words, sitting at the bar next to Tabby who was sipping on her drink he replied to Nat before giving her a greeting, "I'm sure of it the boss doesn't care none about it." he waved to O'Malley holding up a hand with three fingers up to signify the amount of drinks needed and then replied again, "I mean, we're Irish, your black, we're all replaceable. If you can't keep up, you're gonna be gone, and wit'out any sympathy." he said referring to the wealthy bosses lack of care for their people, "It's wrong, but-"

"But nothing!" Connor yelled suddenly, the conversation making him extremely angry. Already Connor blamed all of the trials and the unhappiness he faced in his life on these people, the biggest being the death of his father when he was only 13 years old. It was near impossible for him as he tried his best to cope with that. Now that Nat and Casey's eyes were fixed on him, he continued, "Bull shite is what that is! These pieces of scum, rich Americans who we all know were immigrants once from Britain, put themselves on a pedastool and take absolute role as dictators over their workers who slave for them just to be able to earn enough to make ends meet. In the process of them becoming rich and powerful they step on every honest, hard working man on the way, seeing them as expendable. Disgusting." he grabbed his drink from O'Malley and began to chug.

Fashionable Gaian

2,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
User Image

User Image

Once the boys came in, Tabby looked up and watched them enter, wondering what they were talking about. Nate grabbed his wrist as he walked in, speaking with Casey. Tabby sighed, it was probably Nate's wrist. She knew it had been hurting him for a while, and there was nothing he could do about, it's not like he could afford a doctor, or that a doctor could help him anyway. Slowly raising the glass of ale and pressing it to her lips she slowly sucked in the froth at the type of the glass, watching the warped images of the boys come over to sit through the edges of her glass. Placing it down and setting it on the table, she wiped some of the froth from her mouth with her bare arm, listening placidly, until Connor snapped.

Immediately, her eyes darted to watch him, his anger startling her as she focused on him completely in order to understand why he had reacted in such a way. By the end of the first sentence, she knew. Sighing, she placed her hands on the side of her head and shook her head sadly. Since the first day she met Connor, this darkness had entered him, with his father's death, his anger became full hatred and bitterness. It upset her to see such anger and sadness in his heart, to see him hang on to such negative, poisoning emotions, but there was nothing she could do. Connor had to get over it himself, and lord knows he did not have the strength.

Tabby waited until he was done and spoke softly, "Connor... don't get worked up over what you can't change. Here... drink." she pushed his drink closer to him.

Meili Lan

User Image

Mei smiled brightly from her usual booth when she saw Connor, Casey and Nat enter. She had noticed Tabby, but didn't want to disturb her, as she had looked deep in thought. Mei picked up her ale and went to join them. When she heard Connor's outburst, her eyes widened, and she took a step back before starting forward again.
Mei nodded at Tabby's words. "She's right, there's nothing we can do about it. Don't be so angry, please. It hurts me to see you this way." she smiled gently and brushed her lips against his cheek, running her fingers through his hair gently to muss it. "Let's just drink and have a good time with friends." she smiled again, and took a swig of ale. She had come to love the stuff since meeting Connor.
Mei went to Nat "I could take a look at it if you want. I'm no doctor, but I might be able to help, or better yet ask the actual doctor in charge. I doubt he'll see you personally, but I could weasel some information out of him and maybe get you some medicine or something for your wrist." she offered quietly, ever the nurse. Mei did not like to see anyone suffer,physically or otherwise.

Dapper Gaian

User Image

Connor & Casey

FOLEY

User ImageUser Image

Before he had noticed Mei was as well in the pub, Connor was furiated at Tabby's words, not because they were inherently bad or inappropriate, but because he was already over the top angry and bitter toward the wealthy Americans, he could contain his anger and frustration and since Tabby spoke up in attempts to end the rage he was feeling, he shortly viewed her as someone defending the enemy, even though he knew rationally that she would never be such a traitor to her people, he still couldn't contain his pain and anguish. Connor definitely had a temper, one that could be scary and unsettling at times fueled by his unforgivable grudge. Jerking a finger in Tabby's direction, he stepped toward her ans snapped, "Shut your trap, you don't know-"

"Connor!" Casey snapped grabbing his brother's arm roughly and putting himself between Connor and Tabby in a protective manner. He stared up into his brother's eyes, opening his mouth about to say something scolding for his behavior, but Mei approached and spoke her piece. Casey looked shocked and confused, he didn't even notice she was there, and she just saw Connor in one of his... moods. How would she react?

Connor blushed when he saw her, feeling horribly embarrassed. Connor had baggage, like anyone else he had things he struggled with every day to forget, demons that constantly haunted him, reminding him every day of the destruction and pain faced within his life and he knew exactly who was responsible. Placing his hands on his hips he looked down at the ground, face feeling warm, cheeks turning a light shade of red as he took in deep breaths in attempts to swallow his embarrassment and put a lid on his anger. Without a words he sat down abruptly and grabbed his drink, beginning to chug.

Nat just watched the scene without disturbance, he knew these boys for a long time, Tabby as well, he knew Connor could be an a*****e loud mouth. Nat knew Connor and Casey were Catholic, and they often went and confessed sins, but Nat always told himself, 'The priests forgives Connor's sins, but he's the one who should be doing the forgiving.' Nat knew bitterness led to nothing good; he just hoped Connor could figure it out.

Smiling at Mei, Nat spoke up, "Could you really?" he handed her his wrist, "That would be appreciated, Ma'am. I don't expect nothin' but I appreciate you taking the time." he replied.
Meili Lan

User Image

Mei was taken aback by Connor's scary temper. She took a hesitant step back, inherently avoiding the conflict as always. When Casey stopped Connor Mei gave a slight sigh of relief. At least one of them seemed to be sensible.
Mei stared at Connor for a second, assessing how to handle this. She decided gentleness was the best way, and also one she was the best at. She smoothed his hair back, looked Connor in the eyes, and said "I have been a certified nurse for 3 months total now, and I already know that the one thing that will kill a man slower and more painfully than any weapon or injury, is poison. And the strongest kind of poison is a bad temper." she said quietly, not wanting to anger him. Mei was not a loud or conflicting person, but she had a quiet strength, one that was brought out most when others were hurting or afraid. She was best at lending that strength and using it only when it was needed.
Mei turned back to Nat and smiled warmly at him. She loved how he was always so respectful, even to a lowly Chinese girl like herself. She chuckled. "Of course, Nat. Caring for people is in my job description." she took his wrist and turned it over, examining it closely. "Have you had anything heavy fall on it? Any kind of strain or pull? Perhaps you have some nerve damage. Describe what the symptoms are." she said, assuming her usual nurse's demeanor.

Fashionable Gaian

2,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
User Image

User Image

When Connor approached her, his temper boiling, his body language reeking of empty threats, Tabby stood up instantly off her stool, chest up and hands balled tightly into fists as she too began to posture with him, no one in hell would anyone, especially Connor would get away with posturing to her. This had happened before, Connor did have some demons and sometimes he'd get in moods, although, Tabby refused to make excuses for him, just because it was understandable didn't mean by a long shot that it was acceptable, most definitely not acceptable! Tabby stood strong, chin high as she glared straight up into Connor's eyes and snapped as Casey got between them, "You want to do something about it, Foley? Let's go then," but Casey came in and pushed her back as he inserted himself between them.

Despite the gentleman nature of the act, Tabby couldn't help but be upset. It was almost demoralizing to have Casey, a man, step in and fight her battles for her. She had handled Connor many times before and he'd never hit her, she knew that, but she had a way of being able to snap him out of it, mostly because she didn't take his crap. Sitting down in an upset pout, she plopped herself back on her bar stool and leaned her cheek on her hand, staring off to the side as Mei approached and began to assist Nat with his injury, 'Good, she's here. Maybe she'll see how much work you are and pack up shop. I'm the only girl who can deal with you besides your mother. I'm the only one who knows your true colors, and still finds them beautiful...' she thought about Connor, the last part causing her to feel slightly sad.

Dapper Gaian

User Image

Connor & Casey

FOLEY

User ImageUser Image

Mei's words simply went in one ear and out the other, while Connor respected what Mei had to say and also knew deep in his mind that her words were right, he couldn't help but not want to listen. Connor wasn't quite at that point in his life to let it go, he couldn't let it go, he didn't want to feel better. He wanted to be angry, he wanted to be bitter, and he wanted to harbor hate, it's what kept him going. He knew that wasn't healthy, but he was not yet a big enough man to get over that. "Yeah," was all he could say in response to Mei. He didn't even look at her as he spoke, still embarrassed she had seen him act that way.

Nat still remained shocked that Mei cared that much, "Yes, but white people." he said in reference to her saying it was her job to care for people. He then realized she was serious about helping him and he couldn't help but smile slightly as he began to explain, "Well, I can't really identify any particular injury that caused it, ma'am. It just started hurtin' whenever I would lean on it and especially when I'd lift heavy objects. It's like it's just weak or somethin'." he explained.

As soon as Tabby sat down in her pout, Casey knew something was wrong, and he was hoping that she was just still annoyed at Connor and that it wasn't him. He sat on the stool next to her and leaned in closer to her to ask, "Hey, what is it?"
Meili Lan

User Image

Mei smiled at Nat, "Skin color makes no difference to me, Nat. A person is a person. Makes no difference what kind of shell they got."
Mei frowned at his description of the pain. "Well if it's just hurting it's probably just a strain or sprain. Knowing how hard you boys work, it's more likely a sprain. I can get you something for the pain, and I want you to come to my tent tomorrow so I can wrap and ice it. Just for a little bit. I also want you to put it on ice tonight when you get home, and everyday after work until I tell you otherwise. I know it's a bother, but it will help the sprain heal if that's what it is. If not, it can't hurt you. Extra support from a wrap and ice on it will help the muscles and if it's something else, we will know soon enough because my treatment won't work." Mei smiled a tad. "But the only way I can tell if it works is if you actually, DO as I say, understand? I don't want that wrist of yours putting you out of work." she added sternly.

Fashionable Gaian

2,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
User Image

User Image

Tabby remained stationary as Casey sat next to her, she didn't even glance over to him as he leaned forward. She could tell he was about to speak with her. Once Casey asked, Tabby looked down, her hazel eyes tracing the the lines of wood on the bar counter in front of her before hanging her head in frustration and turning to look at Casey. Her hazel eyes met his bright green ones, the color of the Ireland hills. She smiled slightly as she looked into them before looking down again. Pushing her hair red hair out of her face she replied with a small tinge of frustration, "Nothing. I just... I-" the frustration began to build as she realized she could never truly express what was bothering her, not to Casey anyway, Casey wouldn't understand and it, he wouldn't truly be able to be there for her and be able to talk to her about her problems and her stupid crush. Tabby couldn't expect that of Casey, "I don't need you to stand up for me. I can handle me-self and I know how to deal with Connor." Tabby snapped suddenly redirecting her frustration, "I'm used to bein' on me own."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces