Thieving Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image

User Image
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Access denied...

Access denied...

Access denied...

Access granted.

Has a bomb been planted inside one of the bases ready for detonation and-
                                                                    Transmission interrupted.

Message deleted.

Entry Terminated.

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

n CONTROL

bananasauce Տ ℑ₲ ♍Ȧ

Doctor,lalala if  you  could  only  see  the  monster you've  made  of  me

━━━━━━━━the programmed cyborg━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━

i  held  it  in  but  now  it  seems you've  set  it  running  free

E N G A G I N G . . . : H A C K I N G . . . : I N I T I A T I N GxxxS E Q U E N C E . . . »

Sleep for a cyborg was an interesting concept. Sigma had never experienced the deadened hours of inactivity before and found it, inefficient. His body didn't need rest, he ran on hydrogen fuel cells that were located in his artificial heart, and he could store energy through his faux skin with solar power. Generally he would have been awake all night, avoiding the mechanic and following the solider around to see if he needed anything, but he figured he'd sleep. He was so curious about dreams, he sometimes wished he could have them.
Most of the time he simply wandered around the base, looking in on people as they went about meaningless little tasks, did human things like eat and drink. He had no need for these things. He had the ability to eat and drink, even produce waste, but he felt there was no need. Why pretend to be human when everyone knew he wasn't? A bar code on the back of his neck made sure of that.

When he wasn't wandering around, he was usually hooked up to the main frame computer system in the center of the tower, their base of operations. Well, he liked to say it was his base of operation, since he controlled all the working components. The people movers like the elevators and escalators, the kitchen appliances, hell, he could even control the AC from his little room. He could suck out all the oxygen that was supplied in the whole tower. Being so close to the atmosphere, they needed their oxygen. Silly humans.
His room was composed of a main donut-shaped desk, a hole in the middle with his chair. The large wires were strewn about all over the place. There were maps and computer screens clipped and plastered to the walls of the entire room. His desk was equip with all holographic screens, a jargon language that he had created maintained that he was the only one who could use his system. He loved his desk. With his eye mask and headphones on, the main line hooked into the back of his neck, that was when he felt most at home, most in-tune with everything. There were cameras stationed everywhere, along with little speakers, so he could talk to anyone he needed right from his desk.

He didn't like being away from his desk, but it was crucial for him. He needed to learn. He was always learning. He was equipped with AI capabilities, therefore he was always learning, whether he wanted to or not, and he always wanted to. Whether it was studying the humans in their daily lives, reading, or watching television with one of his team mates. He was always asking questions, analyzing things too deep or taking things too literally. He wanted to learn how to act more human, even if his speech patterns suggested his origin. He liked to speak very literally, use large words or the main form of them. He didn't like 'slang' or shortcut words. He liked language, which explained his reason for learning so many. 50 to be exact.

When he wasn't hooked up to the mainframe in his little room, he looked quite ordinary. Well, ordinary as a mad scientist could make his creation. Short, choppy brown hair that stuck up in the back, startling light blue eyes. He was very tall. At 6'6'' he easily towered over his human counterparts, and with his lean body sculpted to match that of a champion athlete with the mechanical arsenal to back it up, he was a forced to be reckoned with. Although, he didn't like to play it off that way. He liked to refer to himself as a gentle giant. He was soft spoken, because he knew he didn't need to raise his voice. He was dangerous enough to assert his position without force. He was generally sweet to people when he wasn't being blunt or critical. (He hadn't really caught on as to why people made up little white lies yet. )

His favorite pass time was studying his team. Whether it was having tea with the noble, following the soldier around when he was performing his duties, watching the merchant do her hair or check her finances, or watched the mechanic from a distance. He liked the mechanic, and then he didn't. The man always wanted to take him apart and look through him, but with a subtle threat of violence, the male backed off. Sigma was still very confused about the man's cousin. The strange sensai was always sending him odd bits of mail. He kept most of them in his room, studying the items and the notes that came with them, trying to figure out what he meant by magic and voodoo and mojo. Humans were so strange.

Equipped from head to toe with a small war room of things, he was well prepared to take care of himself. His eyes were a thing of wonder. The optics were incredible. He would tell anyone his eyes were his best feature. They came in a variety of settings. The pupil turns 90 degrees, and once he blinks, the world melts into shades of green and grays for night vision, another small adjustment and blink, thermal vision, and once more for x-ray vision. His regular sight in the dark was always impeccable. Along with four collapsible arms that snaked out from plates in his back, a pulse gun in his right arm, hidden tools in his fingertips, glider wings that folded out from under the panels in on his shoulder blades and boosters out of the soles of his feet, he was a calculating genius. He had the largest computational, comprehensive mind that had ever been built. He could gather trillions of bits of information just through interaction and scanning. His skeleton was made of adamantium, and he was much heavier than he looked. He could take hits and bullet shots. He could stop a train on its tracks if he wanted to. He was a dangerous machine, and the scientist who created him knew that.
As much as the man wanted to destroy him, he still cared about him as his creator. There was always that bond of man and machine, the product or the brainchild wanting acceptance from his maker. But the man was on another side, and it would never be so.

Currently the quiet cyborg was in his central room, eye mask hanging around his neck and large earphones strapped on, in case anyone needed to tell him something. He could pick up texts and phone calls from his room as well, even intercept and listen in. Perhaps it was a bit eve's dropping, but he wasn't a 'gossip' as they called it, and he kept everything he knew to himself, unless it was vitally important to this team's survival.
Leaning back in his chair, the wire in the back of his neck shifting a bit, he reached up and pulled up a video site on his screen, searching The Three Stooges, figuring he'd catch up on some slapstick comedy. It was generally the only thing that made him chuckle. Dressed in a simple black t-shirt, blue jeans, and black and white converse, he rested his hands on his stomach as he reclined and watched the screen. He smiled as Moe poked Curly in the eyes.

"Humans are so strange."

»xxHealth: 100%xx«
»xxLocation: Base, Sector 8; Control roomxx«
» xxStatus: Normalxx«
»xxObjective: Nothing at the momentxx«

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

T o d a y ' sxxxw e a t h e r !xxxE x c e s s i v e l yxxxV I O L E N T
          W i t hxxxAxxxc h a n c exxxo fxxxD I S M E M B E R M E N T !xxxS t a yxxxt u n e dxxxf o rxxxt h exxxf i v e - d a yxxxf o r e c a s t !

ℓσ¢αтισи- Hades River, Sector 6tabѕтαтυѕ- Uncaring, as usualtab¢σмραиу- No onetabσвנє¢тινє- Nothing, yet

tabtabtabIt would be suicide for anyone else to come here as casually dressed as he was. It helped that all his clothes were fire proof, and it also helped that he was as well. Fire manipulation did a lot of things for him. Besides being able to control the element, he could raise his own body temperature, and withstand some that would melt the average human. Which probably explained his reasons for liking Sector 6. Warm, desolate of all other life, save for those large creatures. It was a place to go, a place to escape. He didn't belong in Noble Heavens, it wasn't his style. He was more of a free-running city kid. It was either here or Sector 4 that he liked, all those buildings he could climb on.
tabtabtabAlthough he was rich, and his family name suggested it, (even if he had changed his last name) he had never really accepted the, “I'm rich and better than you” style. He was more like the, “I kill people who annoy me and get money for it” kind of guy, and that worked for him better than acting like someone that he wasn't. Plus Noble Heavens was WAY too flashy for his tastes.

tabtabtabCurrently sitting on the carcass of a large bird he had killed, sword resting beside him and phone in his hand, which was covered in a heat retardant case, he stared at the screen, waiting for someone to text or call him for something. The hired-to-kill things had slowed recently, down to one or two people a week. He guessed it was because people who hired him had to have a 'real' purpose' to kill someone, or they'd feel bad. He grimaced at the thought. Just kill them anyway! Even if it was something small, killing them would make it all better.
tabtabtabHe was also hoping he would get other texts. He had various numbers of people from the other 'teams', knowing even they needed people killed now and then. He wasn't sure who belonged to what, but it didn't matter. Money was money. He also liked to send texts to taunt people, it was his only form of amusement, only real form of socializing. He wasn't a very social person. He didn't understand why they didn't just block him, or for that matter, just not reply. Maybe they needed someone to talk to as well.

To: The Drunken Scallywag

Drunk yet? It's 5 o'clock somewhere right?
Hope you walk into traffic and get hit by a bus.
Your breasts are misshapen, your hair looks like a rat's nest,
and you smell like old fish.

(The pirate was fun to taunt and insult. She was always so weirded out about his abilities, always calling him some sort of hyper-ninja or something. He kind of liked it. He also knew that he was the reason for her large dislike of the color pink. )

Or...

To: Thief

Always look both ways before
crossing the street.
And watch out for sewer drains,
a blade might be sticking out
ready to chop off your feet

(The thief was his favorite to mess with, always sending him little greetings or 'words of advice' for him. The kid always trembled when they locked eyes, and even now, he still couldn't figure out what it was from.)

See? Not really social. He tried to be. At least he texted people. Maybe people he shouldn't be, but it was still some form of human interaction, right?

tabtabtabResting his elbow on his knee and his chin in his hand, he stared out across the lava cracked landscape, watching the river several yards away as it lumbered along. It was very hot here, and he watched as steam vents glimmered the surrounding air, the heat hugging him on all sides as he closed his eyes.

tabtabtabHe thought a lot about his team, about this whole fight they were in. Thought about his customers, the people he killed, the annoyances like that brat who wouldn't leave him alone. His sister. Fingers tapped on his cheek as he stared at the dark landscape, picturing her, that stupid oblivious tart. If she wasn't so guarded, he could have had her by now. One slice, that's all it would have taken. Either the chest, the thighs, or the neck, straight off. Anything with a major artery, that would ensure her death.

tabtabtabSighing again, he laid back on the large feathered body, sniffing a bit, the thing starting to smell. It started to smell a little like it was cooking due to the heat, and that made him hungry. Pulling up his phone over his face again, he pulled up the texting screen, figuring he'd text the pilot, since she was the only one who would ever fly out over here. Maybe she'd be hungry too.

To: Aviator

Hey, come get me.
Sector 6 near the river,
I'm hungry.

tabtabtabSending the text, he clipped the phone back in its holder at his hip, pushing himself up and grabbing his sword. Hopping off the bird, he made his way over to the tallest rock, knowing the higher he was, the easier it would be for the girl to fly over and throw him the rope ladder. Standing at 6'2'' with bright pink hair also helped. Wearing tight black pants, black shoes, black hoodie and gloves, it was hard to see him sometimes against the dark landscape, so his hair was usually a beacon for her. Climbing easily up onto the large boulder, he settled down in a cross-legged position, sword slipped into the loop at his belt and hands resting on his knees. Well, he might as well take a moment to enjoy his surroundings while he meditated. Besides, meditation always seemed to make time go by much faster when he had to wait for something.

God he hated waiting.

U n t i lxxxn e x txxxt i m e ,
xxxT h i sxxxi sxxx Y o u rxxxA s s a s s i n,
A n dxxxy o u ' r exxxl i s t e n i n gxxxt o . . .
G a l a x yxxxN e w sxxxR a d i o . . .
B r i n g i n gxxxy o uxxxt h exxxt r u t h
N oxxxm a t t e rxxxh o wxxxb a dxxxi txxxh u r t s . . . ☠

~ Eric Matsukovich, RESTART

Watanabe Kazuya

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

”I would hate to blacklist such a beautiful girl after spending such an eventful night together.. I know that you want to protect your father but he has some information that I need. Lying to me is quite possibly the worst thing that you could do based on my ‘importance’ to the world. So I’ll ask you again.. Where is your father hiding? I won’t hurt him..I promise.” Kazuya sat there with a mischievous grin plastered on his face as he watched the girl as she nervously fidgeted about, trying to come up with a reasonable lie to tell. Little did she know, he had already infiltrated her mind to obtain the information that he was after. It was simply a test to see if he could trust the girl and she was most certainly failing up to this point. ”I-I don’t know.. As soon as he found out about our arrangement, he cut all ties with me. P-please don’t hurt him if you find him..” Kazuya could only sigh, showing his disappointment. ”You were always entertaining, dove, but I don’t think that this will end well with your obvious deception. I have to be very careful with the company I keep and you have proven to be a risky investment. I won’t have you killed but I will have someone teach you a lesson to show you that you’ve decided to go in the wrong direction. See yourself out and tell your father that I’ll see him very soon. Leave before I decide to rid the world of your existence.” Kazuya turned his head, refusing to face the girl as her eyes started to swell with tears before she rushed out of the room, calling him some very unflattering names in her mind as she left. ”You can say anything to anyone and upset them. Such a magnificent spot to be in despite..” He glanced at his cell phone for a moment, wondering when he would be contacted by the head honcho. ”Borrowed time..heh. But it makes it all worth it to actually mean something in this twisted world. I’m the pawn of another while having my own. I’ll have to contact them in a few days to make sure that they are still working towards the goal that I set for them. I respect her but I am not going to give up this position without a fight..” Foolish to say these things out loud due to the fact that this room could be bugged but does it really matter when you don’t give a ********? Not at all..

Kazuya showered, washing off Mariah’s scent from his body for the last time. There was no real emotional connection with the girl so it made setting up her death that much easier for him. He would probably leave her father alive to let him live with the pain of trying to use his own daughter to spy on him to possibly extort money out of him. It would be so much easier to contact someone else for this job but I’ll probably end up hiring our own assassin for the job. He is a little strange but I’m pretty sure he’ll get the job done without complaining about the work. He never seems to pick up the phone when I call him so I’ll simply text him the information. If done correctly, I’m sure the father will try to kill me and I’ll be able to get my hands dirty~

To: The Assassin

I have work for you if you’re willing to accept it. Someone has been snooping in our business and hired a spy to obtain information on me. Along with the job, I would like for you to make a little delivery by the head of that individual to the address that I am going to attach to this message. Within the attached document, you’ll have all of the information needed to complete this job. I understand your methods and I respect them but it is important that you do not scorch the face. Let me know when the job is done.

Without thinking about it, he sent the text message. ”Hopefully he isn’t causing too much trouble but it wouldn’t fit him if he wasn’t. I’ll have to see how that boy is doing, too. He’s obsessed with that girl so I hope I can keep him calm with the promise of meeting her.” Kazuya finished getting dressed, opting for the usual in a three-piece suit and kept his hair tied in a traditional ponytail. He left his room with a pouch of silver and gold nuggets in one pocket and his cell phone in another, expecting to hear from his boss, the assassin and a certain merchant before day's end.

I know I shouldn't have did that
I know it's going to come right back
I know it's going to destroy everything I made
It's probably going to get your boy sent away
But this game I play, ain't no way to fix it
It's inevitable that I'm...

[OOC - ]

Thieving Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image

Life could be simple but you never fail
To complicate it every single time
You could have children and a wife, a perfect little life
But you blow it...
with the perfect crime.

“What the-” mumbled Kayden as he rubbed the sleep from an eye with one of his hands. Something was vibrating in his pocket and upon pulling out the source with a small groan; the male couldn’t help but look up at the chain that held his makeshift bed. What was he doing on top of a chandelier? He rose and glanced at the ground below, before his body evaporated into black smoke. Did you expect someone as awesome as him to jump from such a height and hurt himself? There was junk everywhere in this mansion and Kayden knew that it was high time to flee before the owner returned. He read the text as he stepped through a kiddy pool filled with cheese and crawled under a fort made out of furniture and bottles. What exactly had happened last night? “That assassin needs to get himself a hobby,” Kayden mumbled with a grin before clicking send. The guy was frightening but the thief only saw him as a challenge. Even with the risk of being killed, he would grab any opportunity where he could steal something from the assassin. Fixing the stolen chains of pearls and gold that hung around his neck, he placed the phone back into his pocket as he climbed out of the window. The message of, “Only rats that are lame live in the sewers,” would need to suffice for now until their next encounter because Kayden really needed to find a way out of Sector 1.

“Ow!” the male complained upon crashing on his head. That landing was definitely a zero but since he was cool, it deserved at least an eight out of ten. The male stretched his hands above his head and was about to make his “grand escape” when something latched onto the back of his shirt. As his legs began to move, it did not register in his mind that he was no longer on the ground until he passed a chimney that stood on a roof. At that point, all of his sleepiness was replaced with adrenaline and surprise when he saw his predicament. “You’ll never get these jewels!” he shouted at the airship above before his body evaporated into smoke, freeing him from the hook that swung in the air as it lost its grip and rematerialized above branches of a tree. The sticks embedded into his skin upon crashing into the shrubbery did hurt but the thief did not waste any time in sliding down the trunk and running in the opposite direction. Whoever was on board the vessel probably wanted his "prize" but he wasn’t going to give this up without a fight. Then again, if the unknown strangers were not after the jewelry, they probably wanted to kidnap him and squeeze out all of his knowledge that concerned his fellow rebels. “I may be a criminal but I’m not a traitor,” Kayden thought stubbornly as he ran across the street and narrowly missed a cannon-ball. Great, they were firing at him! However, he didn’t need to worry about cars or bicycles putting his heart to a stop because the “rich” nobles of this sector were known to see the roads as nothing more than transportation for the poor. Kayden ran around the corner and looked left and right before tripping over his own feet which saved him from being caught by the hook that swung in his direction, a second time.

Where could he go from here? The gates had guards but if he timed it correctly, the same cannonballs that were being fired at him could be used to his advantage. "How do I get all of these enemies?" Kayden couldn't help but sigh. A few minutes later, the pair of guards that stood at the gate held their spears at the commoner who was running in their direction. "Look at that, Chuck. He's probably ready to ask us for forgiveness," chuckled one as the other rolled his eyes. "Oh they never learn do they- What is that! Aaah!" "That must hurt," winced Kayden as the cannonball slammed into the other male's chest. A few ribs had probably been broken but he wasn't a medic. "Can you open the gate? My girl-friend is as you can see, trying to kill me," he lied with a nervous laugh as the second guard did as told but not out of shock. The foolish fellow thought that he was strong enough to battle against an airship with a metallic spear as his aid. "Sure kid! I will stop that criminal! She has broken a lot of air trafficking laws and will will not be allowed to pass without justice!" "Good luck with that, man," replied Kayden not willing to help the other in any manner. Sectors led from one to the other and even though he was technically now in the “normal” Sector 2, the pink-haired male was heading underground into the belly of the “black markets.” The deeper he went, the safer he would be from his unknown assailant and their floating “war machine.” “Look it’s Mr. Brale. Have you brought new merchandise?” shouted the bartender as the thief rolled through the door and scrambled to the back where a hidden staircase was located. All over the snowdrift town, there were small routes that could be used to transfer one's self to the “markets.” “Yeah Pete! It’s all right here!” Kayden panted before opening the latch, climbing down and closing it behind him. The scent of alcohol disappeared as the noises of bustling and cursing filled the air. It sounded just like home at this rate and his spee quickened down the steps. “Finally,” Kayden thought as he wiped his forehead with the back of his arm. “That was too close but I've escaped the madness... for now.”

User Image

████████████████████████████████████████████████████X$$$

"And you promise this elixir will cure my... my problem?" the elderly man whispered as his shaky hands grasped a vial of dark blue liquid. He had come to the flying shop in hopes of buying a cure for some rash, or was it a boil? Peony could not recall his exact ailment but smiled reassuringly to him while bending over the glass counter. "Just drink a shot of it before breakfast and a shot of it after dinner and everything will be fine! If you need more then just look for my shop, dear." She told him and accepted his payment with open palms. He'd be back, Peony thought as she sorted his cash into her safe; he'd be back because she sold him a vial of distilled water with sugar, vinegar and colouring added into it with a dash of opium. He'd be sleeping nights well enough and he'd feel hotter than a stag out on the town with his buddies during the day-but his condition, whatever it was, would persist and he'd be back for more of the addicting elixir if only to again experience how it made him feel.

The inside of 'Kitty's Curiosities' was fashioned after an old tavern that also held an oddity shop as its main attraction. Buy a strange trinket but stay for a pint of mead! Peony won the thing in a bet so long ago that she had-had a different name! Peony, Kitty, Black Mouth, The Flower-all aliases of Peony's and no one knew her real name. Ever changing were her aliases as was the name of her flying shop. During the friendly day-time hours the shop was named 'Kitty's Curiosities' but when the sun set and the sky grew as dark as the galaxy would allow it the name disappeared and turned into 'The King's Fool', a night tavern that dealt in shady meetings, sales and all manner of perversion. Not only did it house all manner of dealings between thugs and thieves but it was also a 'safe' place to sell and buy illegal materials, whatever they may be. Peony was queen of this tiny kingdom of outcasts and outlaws and she loved it-especially because it made her stinking rich (for a time).

Peony's only vice was gambling. She could lose an entire nobleman's inheritance in one night if she was able to and she had... MANY times! Luckily Peony had a power, one that allowed her to go by undetected, untraceable. She left no physical evidence of her existence; no fingerprints, no hair, blood, any sort of traceable DNA. No footprints, anything that could be upturned by a rushing body would somehow be turned-right and any evidence of her presence would go unnoticed, erased from all existence. Of course she used this power to her great advantage. Not only could she escape the best lawmen, but also tracking dogs, assassins, angry buyers of her odd elixirs and ointments and any collectors who wished to collect her debt which was more than she cared to count. It also allowed her to escape from the secret police and evade capture from angry enemies whom she sold false information to. Her powers granted her a sort of safety net-she could not turn invisible, but she could fade away into the shadows and disappear until she felt safe enough to reemerge.

At the moment she was eying a few potential buyers who were perusing her store, their wandering gazes catching on odd trinkets, colorful phials of liquid, strange jugs filled with clear jelly and frozen body parts of animals never discovered by any respectful scientist... almost all of these items were fake-farces Peony had cooked up or sewn together flawlessly in order to trick the average, untrained eye into belief and awe. But some of these treasures, yes, some of them were genuine; the feral looking statue of a monkey with jeweled embellishments , the phial of black liquid corked with a gold stopper, the gnarled and petrified foot of some large monster tied with long, thick hair... these oddities were real and acquired from black markets, shady traders, sky pirates &c. Peony kept these few genuine articles in a second room of the shop, the 'VIP' part of the store that catered to her better known patrons (the ones with gold in their purses and much of it to spend).

"Don't touch tha'. " she warned a young man with his paranoid date. They probably saw her floating sky ship and thought it was a good idea to browse the inside as a fun date activity. "If it breaks the skin then you'll be dead before you hit the floor." she explained and smirked as the man paled and flinched away from the poisoned quill comb that was on display on a red velvet case.

"What accent is that?" the man's date asked, her focus now centered on Peony. "It doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard..."

"Oh believe me, love, you've never heard of where I'm from." Peony told the girl, a pretty and sweet thing, surely. She would never know the dangers of night the way Peony did and her innocent little boyfriend would never know courage or fear so raw that his insides melted into his feet. Well, that could be said about a lot of people...

"Oh, well... it was nice meeting you. Have a nice day!" the couple left in a hurry through the doors with a soft jingle from the entrance and exit bell, leaving Peony in an empty store, but not silent.

Now's a good time as any, I suppose. Peony thought as she pulled out her cell phone and flipped it open. She dialed a number quickly and whispered into the receiver, her words quick and precise. Her palm and fingers flipped the mobile closed just as another patron, this time an elderly woman, walked into the store.

"And what can I help you with today, Ma'am?" she asked pleasantly, her mobile stuffed into the folds of her dress.

"I-I was hoping you had... well I thought maybe there was something... my husband and I have had a hard time sleeping at night. The hospitals have nothing for us that is affordable, you see, and I-" the old woman stuttered out and Peony cut her off.

"Say no more. What you want is my draught of slumber. Perfect for the insomniac and his companions. One drop of this before bed and you'll sleep as soundly as the dead." The older woman stared confoundedly at Peony for a moment before nodding uncertainly. "Of course you will wake just as easily, Ma'am. Just one drop before bed, remember. Any more than that and I am afraid you will surely rest peacefully for the rest of your days... and nights." Peony 'reassured' the woman and after five minutes of 'instructions' on how to take the draught the woman paid for a full phial and left.

The liquid inside the phial would put the couple to sleep for hours with no side effects, that was until half of the bottle was gone. By that time the stuff would have had enough time to eat away at the belly lining and soon the couple would need more help sleeping as one drop would do nothing but make them sick and surely more than one drop would send them into deep coma-sleep. So, another visit to Peony and another elixir would be needed which meant more money! It was a rough business for anyone not well versed in the foggy truth as Peony never truly lied to her customers.

Meanwhile...

Across town a lackey of Peony's was dialing up on a payphone in a shady part of the city. The phone rang and when it stopped he immediately began to mumble into the receiver.

"The Flower has something of interest to you. The doors of the King's Fool will be open until dawn. She'll be expecting you."

The boy hung up the payphone and pulled his collar up high 'round his neck before walking off, his debts to the Flower paid off by relaying her message to the King.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

{ OOC } :: // IN SECTOR 4
Icons = inside the flying caravan shop.

Aged Humorist

9,425 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Timid 100
User Image
X
X
X
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
User Image

XXXXyou can't stop a shadow from following youXXXXXXXyou can't help but feel afraidXXXXXXXthere's no where you can hideXXXXXXXyou can never run away

XXXXXXXThe name is janice Lynn butler
XXXXXXXXXXXXI am the Forgotten Shadow

“My, such activity going on today...” The words whispered out of Lynn’s lips as her face was lit up by one of the monitors that sat in front of her. Pushing away from the wall of monitors, her chair rolled over to a small laptop that sat on a bed. Picking it up, she tapped the keyboard and typed in her long password before gaining access. A file opened automatically and she looked it over before pushing herself back to the wall of monitors. Pulling out a cable, she connected the laptop to a computer underneath the monitors and began typing away. Her blue eyes lit up as her fingers began moving faster. A loud beep sounded out and turned her attention to another monitor that was flashing a red color. Her eyes narrowed in annoyance before she closed her laptop and set it off to the side. Sliding down she stopped in front of the flashing monitor and took a closer look.

“Ah. Mr. Watanabe.” She tapped the monitor and watched as a message appeared. She read it and then tapped the screen again with a soft sigh. Honestly, the man wasn’t as interesting as her computer believed. If only the vast machine could copy the way she thought. Not everything Watanabe did was a threat. She rolled her eyes as she spun the chair around and pulled her legs up to her chest. She wrapped her arms around her legs as the chair stopped spinning.

“Hmm...” Things were playing out in a way that was to be expected to her. A spy after something...Seems to be a bit of a stretch. The woman, Mariah, wasn’t anyone to be worried about, but her father was. The poor girl was simply another pawn. Use one pawn to save another in hopes of surprising the king. A pawn hardly ever kills the king. Looking over at a chessboard that sat on its own table, Lynn pushed with her foot and rolled over to it. Lifting up a white pawn, she moved it forward one space before taking the black knight and knocking the pawn over.

“A waste of moves.” She muttered before leaning back in the chair and sighing. She was tired, having watched screens all night, but she could manage with very little sleep. Her brain always moving no matter what, she didn’t have to move to think. Rubbing her hands over her face, she let out a low groan. Smacking her face, she forced herself to become more alert as she stepped out of the chair she was sitting in. She was a little wobbly at first, but stretching her arms up over her head allowed her feet time to adjust. Still stretching, she bent over and touched her toes. As she stood back up, she was ready to go take a shower before another loud beep interrupted her. Looking over at her screens, she walked over to a different flashing monitor and narrowed her eyes.

"Mr. Brale seems to be causing a ruckus.” She muttered, tapping a screen to see the view of a camera watching him until he managed to get into the black market section of Sector 2. Pulling out her phone, she looked over her contacts before picking one.

Compose New Message

To: The King

Re: The Thief
                                              Text:
                                              A man with a pretty face must like the spotlight. Are the rumors true that the rebels are still with restart? Only a fool would be tempted to believe. A white knight moves, moving dangerously close to the black queen. Instead of playing with pawns, use your people usefully.

Message Sent

Lynn sat her phone down on the table and looked at the screen to see her message was sent out to Watanabe’s phone. He would get the hint that she was annoyed with his actions for abusing the assassins’ skills for a pawn. The thief was out running around, alone, and it was well known that he feared the assassin. What better time to use that fear than now? Get one small man out of the way. Pulling out of her shirt and shorts, she walked over to her bathroom and started up a shower. She had to wash away last night’s work and awaken her senses to the new day.

Stepping out of the shower, she felt refreshed and ready for the day to come. Slipping on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, she walked back to the room where another red-flashing monitor was going off.

“So much activity.” She muttered, glancing it over before walking away. Something of interest for the king, eh? The secretive business dealings of Ms. Peony were always a curious thing, but nothing to take Lynn’s complete interest. She gathered up a few things and pushed them in a satchel bag, then picked up a small notebook to stuff in her back pocket. Gathering her hair together, she tied it up and then slipped on a pair of shoes before exiting the small nook of a home. She climbed up a ladder that was immersed in silence and darkness before she reached the top.

“Queen takes king.” She spoke, her voice low. There was a beeping sound for three counts before the top of the hole opened. The sound of a bustling city filled her ears as she popped her head out and looked around. Sector 2, the black-market side, was the place that Lynn called home. Sitting on the edge of the hole, she looked over in the direction where Brale had come in at. She had to remind herself that the fool hadn’t a clue how close he was to her as she stood up and closed up her small door with a light kick. Someone cursed at her while another blurted out crazed sayings. Home, sweet home. The harsh smell of smoke had her senses tingling at first, but she soon adjusted as she began walking away and out of the small tunnel that lead to her home. Even though Lynn had the resources to live anywhere she wanted, the shady side of Sector 2 was the safest place for her. No one would be able to figure it out.

As she walked briskly in the opposite direction of where she last saw Brale, she tightened her grip on her bag and blended in with the crowd of buyers. She was hungry and knew of the perfect place to eat. As she got closer to the place, she could smell the wonderful aroma of the noodles and dumplings that were its speciality. She had to push her way through a pair of fat men before she made it to a bar stool that sat in front of the restaurant’s window. She gave a wave to the waitress that knew her well as she sat down. She never had to wait longer after becoming a regular before a hot bowl of noodles and a warm, steamed pork bun was placed in front of her. She dug into the meal without hesitation, her stomach winning over her control of moderate bites of food.

Timid Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
If the world was mine...? I would let everyone do what they wanted. Rules are only broken anyway...

User ImageRhoswen Rewolf

Started in Sector 5, trying to get some people to text with me and maybe go to the lake.

The pale girl skipped along in the dark sector of polluted factories. Behind the mandatory face mask she hummed a happy tune with her doll walking beside her. Yes that’s right, the doll is walking. It was a simple toy, a stuffed black cat with a collar that had a bell ringing softly whenever it moved enough. No wires or fancy technology, just a touch of her own kind of magic. Seeing as sector 5 wasn’t really suitable for anyone to live without a mask, it certainly wasn’t the best place to have a nice innocent pet. So, she brought her plush cat to life. It was her favorite toy after all and everyone always seemed busy with something. At least this way she sort of had a pet to keep her company. As she moved through the streets and sidewalks that were surrounded by factories she seemed oblivious of the workers with their deformities. Or more, she was too used to it to freak out. “I’m walking on sunshine~” She hummed, “Wo-oh, I’m walking on sunshine~” She sang to herself, as she pulled out her cell phone. It had little animal charms dangling off of it that blinked at her with their cartoon smiles.

“Who should I visit today?” She asked the charms with a smile, though it wouldn’t be seen behind the mask. Sadly her little friends couldn’t talk back. Only move and try to act alive by copying other living things, usually they would mimic whatever they found looking the most similar to them. Still, being as strange as she was she pretended they could talk. “Grandpa might want to play today. Do you think he would? I hope so.” “Grandpa”, as she called him, was really Nalin Suchir. Rhoswen simply called him that since he acted like a grandfather for her. Plus he did look kind of old. The white rose talked aloud, getting her phone ready to try to text someone. “Or maybe Imogen will want to? Eric never wants to play. He should though, maybe he’d smile if he played.” She continued to talk to herself while she typed up a message. The girl only bothered to make contact with those she liked. What was the point of trying to be nice to the others she new if they were just going to be big bullies? Like Janice. “Dumb meanie head Jaaaaaanice.” She grumbled, making fun of the girl’s name with the way she said it. “Bleh! I can’t believe the word “nice” is in her name.” Shaking her head she sent a couple messages she had typed up.

To: Imogen
Re: Play?
“Hi, I’m bored and no one at home wants to go with me anywhere. Are you busy? We should go play by the lake or something. –hugs- Text back best buddy. Please.”

She always felt the need to add “please” at the end of everything now. Maybe that was because Nalin taught her to do so in order to receive candy. He did have the best sweets though so who cared if it made her act a little more acceptable? Finally the next message was done, on which she hesitated to send it. If the mask wasn’t in her way she surely would have been biting at her finger nails with worry!

To: Grumpy Butt Eric
Re: Please?
“What are you up to? Just saying hi and wanted to know if you would like to come and play with me. I’m trying to get some others to come to the lake. We can catch fish and play games. Please don’t ignore me this time. I’m sure if you gave it a chance it’d make you smile. Please?”

Rhoswen put her phone back into her pocket, picking up her cat plush with a sigh. “Do you think they’ll reply Charcoal?” She asked the cat, happily making her escape from the factories. “I hope so too. It’s no fun when they don’t… I know grandpa would want to play but I don’t think he has a cell phone yet. I should just go find them, don’t you think?” She asked the toy, smiling when it nodded to her. “Then to the search for our friends we go!” She cheered, raising a fist to the air as she let the toy go so they could start running. Being a cat, the toy knew to land on its feet but still faithfully followed after Rhoswen as if it were a dog. She laughed, pulling down her mask and putting it in her bag now that they were safely in sector 4, far away from the pollution of the polluted factories that would in time make her body give up or likely deform as well.

In Sector 4 now, going to try to find someone that'll play.

Out of Candy: I hope this is alright.

People bend the rules, change the rules, break the rules, and bribe their way out of the rules all the time... so why bother having them?

Fluffy Cleric

13,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image
User Image

_________████ ♛ ████████ ____ from a place you're not _ i _ l o v e _ y o u
            __________________` after DISSOLVING × into the sky
            _____________ I ' l l _ B e _ W a t c h i n g _ O v e r _ Y o u

She sighed softly, looking up at the screen in one of the many training rooms at Control Base. 75%... all in all? a C... maybe a C+, but she wanted a B! She started again, holding up her gun again and closed one eye for more accuracy... now that sentence sounded wired huh? She even poked out her tongue a little to the side. 'Urg... should I stop doing that?' she asked herself, pulling her tongue back in her mouth and tried to shoot like a normal person for once. Banging sounds echoed through the empty training bay, not needing a silencer or anything since she was at home base. She could do anything she pleased as she wished it, no one here wanted to hurt her... well... that's how it was suppose to be anyway. She shot away, aiming for the head of the stationary, paper cut out, still on level 1 and not having them move or anything, since she hadn't got it exactly right yet, and after her 6th round of training she finally managed to get a score she liked. 80%. That was good. A B- at the least, but a B. She had standards that she liked to meet, but only in the training room, it seemed that everywhere else you just needed to get by alive and yet she still clung to the hope that things would get better. They would, she was sure.

It was all those other factions fault that things were so bad, Control was the original power of the world and was doing a fine job of running the place until Restart had to screw things up, bastards. The rebels are like animals and Explosion were traitors. Of course she kept her opinions to herself, but she felt she joined the right faction when she came to Control, they were good, even if she didn't trust some of he people in it. The Merchant being one of them... I mean... look at her hair! and her smug neh ne nehhh nen neh! No, she was part of Control so she was good. And Maria was not being childish!

She shook her head, finally lowering her gun after a while of standing there like an idiot with her head in the clouds and looked up at the target shaped like a person. She examined it happily. A couple of good head-shots, body... and...1...2...3 shots to the groin... she blushed, a giggle erupting from her lips. Head shots will drop someone instantly... but a shot to the groin is so much more satisfying. She smiled "I'm getting better at this" she said to herself, waking back to the further side of the room and placing the practice gun away, finishing her training for the day and flicked off the lights to her training bay that she used that day. Maybe she should have a spot of lunch?

Maria wandered the halls of control base, just looking, checking out peoples favorite lunch spots at base and everything. She felt safe here and was a little paranoid in other sectors, people knew who she was in other places... not that she was a Control agent, she often had to remind herself of that, but Maria Religa, part of one of the Richest Families and even more interesting since her parents were murdered by her younger brother, Eric... she didn't know where he was or if he was still alive but she was left dumbfounded. She would have never have seen it coming, but she was nowhere near her parents at the of their untimely death. She sighed, strangely enough... she didn't feel angry. Not yet anyway. She'd never confronted Eric, and he seemed more of a ghost now more than anything. A scary nightmare... and she didn't like horror movies. Even so she only remembered fond memories of him.

She blinked, turning a corner. Tip. Watch where you're am walking.

That reminded her... sort of. What was Gen doing? Imogen. Poor Kid, he shouldn't be entangled in this at all... he looked so young, he should be at home, studying to be something, an accountant would be her first choice... or a fireman. "Hmmm, maybe I'll text him later" she said outloud to herself. Either way, she couldn't fine Kearo in his normal place so that means he was out somewhere doing work, she always asked about his health when she saw him but since he wasn't here she was going to stalk someone else. Sigma.

She smiled, he was so wired.... or 'it' or... whatever he was, he was defiantly suppose to be male, but she didn't know how he worked, he was a cyborg wasn't he? She'd never had the guts to ask and just accepted him. But he was wired and had wired habits and she liked it. So to the control room it is! hopping to the main Control of Sector 8 control base, she was confident he was there, he was always there! It was reliable fact, except when he wasn't there and crushee her dreams (over-dramatic pose). He would be there though. Wait. She forgot lunch. Damnit. Oh well "Sigma? Are you here?" she called out as she got to the door, opening it with authorization and approached the round, white, doughnut table with screens up all around it, with Sigma inside... chuckling at something... wired "What you watching?" she asked in a sing-a-long voice... she didn't need to be a formal stuck up here! she could use bad grammar all she wanted.

"" ''
                                                  ( )Sector 8//Control Base//Control roomxx ( )Sigma xx ( )Happy
                                                  ( )Finding People xx ( ) Casual Outfit

OOC

Nehhhh~! Not sure if it's a good post, but I am starting to get the Feel for my character >w<
Hope it's good ^w^

Dapper Gekko

φlace ɷ Sector 1 / Sector 2 φeople ɷ Kayden ɑction ɷ Swindling / lecturing ɱood ɷ Meh ʈheme ɷ Bangarang - Skrillex

OOOOOOOOOOShout!
OOOOOOOShout to all my lost boys. . . .OOOOOWe rally
▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ OOOOBangarang

An old, haggard looking man stood on the side of the street of sector one, cup in hand, as he jingled the small amount of money he had gotten so far. It was not good pay, but at least enough to get something to eat. Nuggets, nuggets for a miserable man. On a miserable chilly morning. the elderly man called as he shook his cup once more. Taking and old wooden cane, that looked more like a stick out of the forest than it did a cane, the old man lifted himself up and began to limp through the streets. Stumbling a long a few tender hearted people dropped a few pieces of bronze in his cup. Thank you! Thank you child, your kindness will be repaid one day. he called out to those few individuals. Satisfied with the meager amount of bronze and silver he had gotten from the peasants on the street the man walked down one of the alleyways, one that he had walked for many days like this. Limping further into the alleyway were no prying eyes could see the man began to change. Hollowed sockets became full again, wrinkles ironed themselves out, even the dull lifeless grey hair that fell from the man's head became a beautiful golden hue. In the wake of the tired old man stood Nalin Suchir.

Nalin had had this same routine for so long that he couldn't even remember any longer. The man's unusual talent to manipulate his age had served him well. Every morning he would enter the "Noble Heavens" in the guise of a child and make his way to the air stations were the nobles scurried about busily on there way here and there. With cup in hand the childlike Nalin would beg for money from the rich and elite. Most were happy to give such a down trodden child a few pieces of silver. Today he had gotten lucky and had found a two generous men who had dropped a golden nugget a piece in his cup. Nalin had tried going to the ship docks as an old man before, but no one seemed to willing to help the elderly. No, the old man would have to suffice for the streets. The poor people there didn't have much money, but they did seem more helpful to an old man then the rich did. Perhaps it was because those with money expected those who were of working age, or the elderly in this case, to have jobs. Whatever the case may have been Nalin had done well today. Pulling a small coin purse from behind a pile of trash Nalin emptied the contents of his cup into the purse. The pieces of metal clinked together bringing a small smile to his face. Surely I have enough money to last me a few weeks now. he thought aloud to himself. None-the-less he would most likely be out and about again tomorrow morning swindling more people of their hard earned nuggets. At first the thought of tricking people into giving him money made him feel bad, but with time the aged sensei as he was called came to realize that this was a dog eat dog world regardless of were one made home. Surely anyone else with his abilities would be do the same thing.

Pocketing his coin purse Nalin made way for the gates. Getting into Sector One was an easy feet, he normally came in with the morning rush dressed as a child who had been separated from his parents, however, getting out was something entirely different. He did not have the time, nor the patience, to wait around for people to start leaving the city to sneak out. Normally he would simply trick the simple minded guards into letting him pass without question, the only thing was; how would he make them let him through. Each day was different. It had to be or else people would begin to catch on to him. How can I do it today. . . . he thought to himself as he walked down the streets. Coming to one of the gates he straddled the wall so that the guards could not see him. Snapping his fingers he thought of how to get the guards to let him through. A crazy old man should do the trick. he mused aloud, chuckling slightly at the thoughts that buzzed through his mind. Hiding himself in the shadows his flesh and hair began to change once more. The golden hair turned limp and grey, wrinkles once again formed on his body, his face became hollow and worn with age once more. Limping from the shadows he scurried from his spot and towards the guards. There, there! Somebody somebody, look up there, didn't I tell you, smell that air, city on fire! he screamed in false panic and fear as he ran to the guards. The guards were obviously shaken by the sight of him. Grabbing hold of one of the guards he shook him as vigorously as the old muscles would allow. Quick, Sir, run and tell! Go on 'a Mole little ratchet spell, there it is, there it is, the unholy smell, tell it to the beadly and police as well, tell 'em, tell 'em, help, fiend! he shrieked as loudly as he could. The guard pushed Nalin away from him as soon as his dramatics were over. D-did you say something was on fire? he asked cautiously. Nalin, who had fallen to the ground in an attempt to make his act all the more realistic, nodded his head. Pointing a skeletal finger down the street he hissed. Mischief! Mischief! The guards looked at one another before rushing off to find the blaze that was not there.

Standing he took his cane in hand a limped through the gates into District two, chuckling all the while at how easily the guards had been fooled. Making his way through the streets he found himself at a bar. Walking in he made his way for the restroom. How was it today? the bartender asked. Not to bad Pete. Nalin said as he walked passed and entered the restroom. The man made quick work of changing into his normally attire, and age, and folding his peasant clothes together. Pete had always been good to him through the years. The man even held onto his costumes while he wasn't using them, though these weren't the only ones he had. Exiting the small room he handed the clothing over to the bartender who hid them beneath his bar. Nalin took a seat and was about to order a cold beer when he saw a blur of pink hair race across the room and into the hidden hall behind the bookcase. A heavy sigh left his lips as he looked at Pete. Was that. . . Yup. Is he in. . . Looks like it. Sighing again Nalin stood from his seat and walked to the bookcase. Thanks again Pete for all your help. . . .I guess I should really go check to make sure this immature man-child hasn't hurt himself. he said as he rolled his eyes. Opening the bookcase he walked into the darkened hallway.

Walking down the stairs at a quicker pace than most had seem him before he listened to the sounds of the black market beneath. This is such an unpleasant place. . . .why does he insist on running to here? He's going to get everyone in trouble one of these days if he ever gets caught down here. Nalin mumbled to himself. Finally catching sight of the pink haired male he speed up slightly bringing his cane up to block the male from exiting the stairwell. Seriously Kayden how much trouble have you gotten into already this early into the day? he asked as he shook his head back and forth. You really need to grow up and act your age. It is unbecoming of you.

HEALTHxx██████████████████████████████████████████████████ 100%
x
ENERGYxxxl████████████████████████████████████████ 75%
AGExx27

OOC / / Oh wow I didn't mean for this to be a novel. xD
Anyways, I hope this is alright.
Woohoo for first post and Sweeney Todd references. XD

Noble Celebrant

User Image
The "Drunk" Piratexxx
✖ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✖
Explosion Memberxxx

Too drunk ta care that I'm: annoyed and drunk

I'm seein' doubles of: no one special

I think I'm: in a bar in sector 2

User Image
^F%&$in' click me!!^

User Image"'Nother 'ne!" The silver haired female bellowed after slamming her glass cup down on the metal table. She stretched her hands high above her head to stretch, listening to a satisfying crack as her shoulders and back popped. Her pale skin was adorned in a long sleeve silky black top that hung off her shoulders. No bra, of course, but those annoying things called breasts were wrapped up in bandages. On her legs were black jeans, and yes, she had some underwear on. Going commando never was her thing.

Another beer was slid her way and she caught it with her hand. She switched her eye patch from one silver eye to another as she took a long drink. Her vision was getting slightly blurry. What was it? Midday? Ah, who knew. When she wasn't drinking, she was sleeping. Hell, for all she knew she drank in her sleep.

She took a quick sweep around the bar. It was dark, the windows tinted so no one could see inside. There weren't many people inside, which she liked. To be honest, she had hoped to run into Kayden or Thana. Although, if that were to happen, the bar would probably be destroyed by the end. Good times, good times. She started to down her beer when the cellphone in her jean pocket went off. Why did people text her? She hated the damn things. Typically she had messages full of typos. Since discovering the use of her eye patch, she had gotten better at the texting thing. It helped control her balance and double vision. She scanned the message before jumping from the metal bar stool.

Drunk yet? It's 5 o'clock somewhere right?
Hope you walk into traffic and get hit by a bus.
Your breasts are misshapen, your hair looks like a rat's nest,
and you smell like old fish.

She gripped her phone tightly, not caring if she crushed it. When she bought the phone, she realized her own strength and bought a durable little piece of crap. Even throwing it against a wall and stomping it wouldn't destroy it.

The message she received came from that hyper-ninja, Eric. He liked pink! If that wasn't bad enough, he was fast and slick. Not to mention she could never tell if he had an emotion besides that of a stoic one. She couldn't stand him. Now she smelled like fish and had misshapen boobs?! A snarl curled her lips back as she looked down at her body. Her tits looked fine! She lifted her armpit and started to sniff, but stopped before she got her nose close. A serious look covered her face. When had she last showered. . .? That pissed her off! The alcohol covered all smells anyway! She curled her fingers into fists and pounded one onto the table. She wanted to blow something up.

Instead, she settled for texting the pink haired ninja back, eyes glaring holes into her phone. Any onlookers were surely terrified by her sudden outburst, and she was sure they were going to try and take her drink. If so, they would loose an arm.

To: Hyper-Ninja
I WULD FOOLISH TAT BUS!
IM DRUNK!
SO THRE! N MY TITS R NMAL!
D<

She started to re-read the message, but even with the eye patch they were somewhat blurry. Whatever! She let out a defeated huff and instead of re-reading she sent the message and plopped back down on her seat, twirling slightly from the force of her bottom connecting with it.. The bar had become eerily quiet and she looked around before snarling at every, "Got a f***in' problem, huh?!" No one answered so she laughed and turned back to the beer still sitting where she left it. She downed it and ordered a tequila shot and a refill. Ah, the pirate life was for her.

OOC: Sorry if it isn't that great length wise. I wasn't sure what to do with her exactly, besides make her look like a drunk fool. <3

===ReavéStingray ===

======

Man or woman, young or Old,
My sights are steady, and my trigger Cold.
Walk or run, laugh or Cry,
You're in my way, now you Die

======

User Image
User Image

†- You-... Are looking at a Bottle on a ledge. It's very neat and clean bottle, but it's empty. It's placed beside it's very similar brethren empty bottles so that it won't be lonely, all lined up besides one another, one big happy family... You can even properly count them, so you won't mistake how many there are... Five in total. But let's move away from these bottles, and over to a roof top, about one and a half kilometer away... It's a tall building, however it's old and tired, it's simply not holding together very well. Surviving over far over a dozen earthquakes does that to a building. But we are not here to admire this buildings weakened structure. We are here to greet a man, lying prone on the buildings roof, concealed under a grayish/brown tarpaulin, that matches the color of the background buildings and the rooftop floor... Perfect for urban concealment. This is the one who placed the bottles, and from here on out... We are going to get to know him a little better, as time goes by.

'That's probably how I'd introduce myself in this situation if I had a narrator...' Reavé thought to himself as he lined up the bottles in his sights with his trusted customized bolt-action rifle. For best stability and accuracy, he lied prone, left(weak) hand on the forend, right(strong) hand firmly placed around the pistol-grip, placing the buttstock deep against his shoulder. His index finger ball carefully placed on the trigger, his elbows pulled as close the chest as possibe, right knee raised up on the right side of his waist in order to raise his chest from the ground for easier breathing, with the left leg straight. His head is resting on the stock, everything done to give him a comfortable and lasting position. He was taking very slow breaths in order to reduce the rifle's sway... His left eye closed, his right eye staring through the reticule in his scopes, straight at the bottles one and a half kilometer away. "Hm... A few more clicks... There." He adjusted the scope after taking the elements into consideration before he once again focused on the shot he was about to take.

He was in position, his targets in his sights. Suddenly he took a deep breath, holding it, not breathing out... Lying there like a stone, an immobile stone, not making a single move, right now, he was one with the building, a part of it, not an inch on his body moved except for maybe a few hair straws in the wind, it was as if the world had stopped. Then he quickly pulled the trigger. A loud bang echoed through the air, and a .338 bullet left the rifle's barrel followed by a bright muzzle flash. The bullet had a straight trajectory, it's destination set, met, and ended with a bottle exploding into little glass pieces flying all over the place. The other bottles beside it still standing. "Target Confirmed Hit." Reavé quickly grabbed the handle on the right side of his gun and pulled the bolt back, the spent cartridge ejecting out of the breech, he released the handle as a new bullet was inserted, and he quickly pulled the trigger... "Confirmed hit number two", he pulled the bolt back again and fired; "Hit number three" And again..."Hit four!" And again..."Hit five!" And again... Five loud shots echoed one after the other in rapid succession. Finally, there were no more bottles standing on the ledge, every last one exploding to pieces after getting hit by a .338 bullet from far away. "Status all targets; confirmed down." Reavé released his breath and lowered his head resting it on the ground, still holding his rifle steady.

He stood up as the tarpaulin he was concealed under fell off his back, holding his rifle hanging in his right hand, as he gazed in the direction he had just shot. He burried his left hand in one of his pockets and raised his right hand placing his rifle up on his shoulder, resting it there. Then he took out small binoculars from the pocket he had burried his left hand and held it steadily in front of his eyes watching the ledge he had placed the bottles. There were no bottles there, only a million glass pieces spread all over the place. Then he buried the rifle's stock under his arm and took out the clip from his rifle, kneeling down placing it under his knee as he tightened it. He pulled the bolt back and examined the insides of the chamber, making sure there were no rounds in there... Before he slammed the handle down and pulled the trigger. Only a tiny click sound could be heard, indicating there were no more rounds to be shot, the gun is empty. He placed the clip back into the rifle and stood up again. He picked up the empty cartridges and put them in his pocket, before he threw the rifle on his back and turned around walking over to a an empty backpack, grabbing the tarpaulin and dragging it after him. Then he rolled the tarpaulin together and stuffed it into the backpack. He tossed the backpack on his back over the rifle already hanging there, and started walking towards a fire ladder he had used as access point to this rooftop.

Leaning over the edge he looked down in the back-alley the ladder wen't down to, it was nobody there... He turned around taking a last quick-scan with his eyes over the roof to check if he had forgotten anything... Nothing was there, as it should be. "Relocating." He said to himself and grabbed a hold of the ladder before he began sliding down. Soon he hit the ground in the back-alley with a soft thud. He turned around and began to walk left, he wasn't really sure where he was going right now, he just walked, kept moving... Never staying in one place, always on the move, never interacting with people... He was a designated sniper, and behaved as such... A lone wolf on the road to nowhere, ready to spend days, maybe weeks waiting for the objective to finally reveal itself. -†

User Image

"My only trace is a body where a man once stood..."
XMy only trace is a body where a man once stood...X

A.O //Sector 5//
            Task //Target Practice//
            Stress //Minimal//
            Location //Rooftops//
            Destination //Unknown//

[OOC] /// Right... Kind of difficult making an entire post about lying on a roof top staring at a bottle! xD

Survivor

User Image
Health

CriticalXXStableXXXWeakXXXActiveXXHealthy
█ █ █ █ | █ █ █ █ | █ █ █ █ | █ █ █ █ | █ █ █

Stress

MinimalXXLowXXNoticeableXHighXDangerous
█ █ █ █ | █ █ █ █ | █ █ █ █ | █ █ █ █ | █ █ █ █

XXXXXXXXXXкєαяσ иαѕαиαмXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXThe Fallen SoldierXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXSector 8 | Control Base | His OfficeXXXXXXXXXX

This was taking forever, and no matter what happened there was no progression whatsoever. It was too early for Kearo to be getting aggravated and impatient, but the constant stress that he feels doesn't really help dispel them. If only the answers as to the whereabouts of Watanabe Kazuya just opened up to him then maybe he'd be able to rest for once in his life without the need for relaxants. The man was the head of Restart, and if neutralizing him would bring down the threat to Control and to the rest of the city then he had to be stopped at all costs. Still, despite everything that the information, facts, and messages they've intercepted had told them, Kearo just had a feeling that this guy wasn't truly the head. If he were the head, then he'd try to remain hidden at all costs and wouldn't have his identity known to the people hunting for him. Although, if Kearo was able to bring him down, then maybe he'd be much closer to finding whomever might really be in charge of Restart and be much closer to shutting them down. Still, trying to find at least them in the city was like trying to find a needle in a haystack, and let's not forget how it's like trying to find the hay in the needle stack when going through Sector 1.

Control was in charge still, despite the war and the different organizations trying to take over the city. The mayor was still on their side and they were the good guys in all of this mess, so that gave them the advantage of having the people in their favor. However, that came at a cost since Kearo was sort of like the head of the police force, which meant his identity was spread through many different types of media. It put him at a disadvantage, not to mention that it made him a potential target for each and every enemy organization. Man, he could list them all in order of how they started popping up. Restart: An organization whose intentions were originally to stop Control from running it's type of government that paid more notice to the wealthy, but Restart eventually turned to seeking world domination. Because of them, Control has lost most of the wealthy population due to the mere fact that their base in Sector 1 controls most of the business. The Rebels: Originally a weak organization who needed the help of Restart to get up on their feet. Their views favored more towards the poor rather than the rich. Explosion: An organization that originally was the bodyguard of Control, but became independent and betrayed their employer so they could take over the city turn it into a lawless society, which would inevitably bring about chaos. That was a goal that neither organization liked, but due to the already present tensions between them there was no way an alliance would be formed against Explosion. Dealing with Restart was enough for Kearo, so bringing down the other two, should he be able to accomplish his primary task, was probably going to kill him.

Kearo decided to finish what he was doing for now since he knew he would only get increasingly stressed from going around in circles. Hell, he was stressed enough as it is, and he could tell by the slight aching pains in his body. In fact, it was probably at a dangerous level already, which quick for him to achieve due to his temper. He leaned back in his chair as he tried to relax, but the thought about stopping Restart, Explosion, and the Rebels kept swarming through his mind and left him unable to calm down. He could feel the medicine he took earlier being overpowered and nullified. The symptoms were starting to kick in, starting with the headache and chest pain. Kearo clutched his chest as his breathing increased and started to become uneasy. He did his best to gain control and slow himself down to deep breaths, but even if it did little to help. Luckily, it helped him calm down enough to search his pockets for his medicine. When he found it though, his hands were starting to shake and resulted in him losing grip and having the inhaler float up due to the lack of gravity. "Dammit!"

Kearo deactivated the magnetism in his boots that kept him secured to the metal floor and started floating off of the ground. He reached his foot down as far as he could and used his toes to push himself up and catch the floating inhaler. He positioned his body correctly so his side would hit the ceiling and allow him to push himself down back to the floor. Upon contact, his arm reacted like a spring and sent him back down to where he originally was and allowed him to secure himself back down on the floor. Kearo shook the inhaler and noticed that there wasn't enough to nullify the pain he was feeling. He'd have to make a trip to Peony's shop sometime soon, otherwise the symptoms would continue and wreak havoc on his body. It was a shame that when he initially started working like this all he had to deal was with stress. Initially the stress had led to a sporadic sleeping pattern, muscle pains, and nervousness. The doctors told him to try and relax a bit more, but with his job that was a near impossibility. Then came that drug from Peony that reduced the stress and got rid of his problems caused by it. However, it seemed that continuing to work after that only made things a whole lot worse for him since there were new and more intense symptoms. Despite taking Peony's drug, the symptoms still occurred, and this did nothing to combat the newer ones. He's been fighting it off for so long, but he can feel it just slowly wearing away at his body.

Kearo inserted the inhaler into his mouth and pressed on the top while he inhaled, allowing the medicine to quickly enter into his lungs and take immediate effect. He took three more pumps from the inhaler and made sure that he took in every last bit of it that he could. Once he was done, he pulled the inhaler out of his mouth and took in deep breaths of oxygen to accommodate it and make sure he was breathing properly. This drug was starting to lose its effect since it felt like it was getting harder and harder to breath each time. He might have to find a new one, but this was the only one that he could find that helped him with his initial symptoms. Maybe if he started taking another to counteract the new symptoms, hopefully then he'd finally be able work without this hindrance. Well, that didn't really matter to him at the moment, what mattered more was that he got his medicine now and worry about the other stuff later. However, just going to Peony and buying the medicine from her wasn't that simple. No, she was the only one who had the drug available, and thus she charged a hefty price for the tiny canisters. That was way too much for Kearo to afford, at least with the amount he bought. After taking care of his needs, the money he had left over was just enough to get him one canister, but that was never enough to last him until he had enough money again. Usually he would need to buy four canisters to last him, but there was no way he'd be able to afford. Luckily for him, there was a source of money that was quite easy to access.

Kearo went over to his desk and looked for the PA controls. Once he found them, he hit a button that sent two pinging sounds that meant someone was requesting something through every speaker throughout the base. "This is Kearo Nasanam. Would Miss Maria Religa please report to my office? Maria Religa, please report to my office as soon as possible." It wasn't uncommon for Kearo to use the PA to contact her. He knew he must have been sending the wrong message about himself and the woman throughout the facility every time he requested her, but he didn't care since people were stupid if they made assumptions and rumors when all he did was borrow her money. Yes, since Maria was a noble she had quite a lot of money, certainly a lot and plenty to help him get amount of medicine he needs from Peony. He didn't like seeing her around the base since the woman was below the rest in combat capabilities and overall skill, but she did have money and a good head on her shoulders. Kearo didn't like borrowing money from her, but he had no other choice since he had none to buy for himself. All that he could say to her was that he'd pay her back once everything was over and he could finally get off the medication, and even though that was highly unlikely the kindness of her heart still allowed her to loan him money. Hopefully this would all be over soon, then maybe he could stop.

Dapper Gekko

φlace ɷ Sector 3 / Sector 5 φeople ɷ Azar ɑction ɷ Walking ɱood ɷ Whatever. . . ʈheme ɷ This Day Reprise - My Little Pony

User Image
OOOOOOOOOOThis day is going to be perfectOOOOO
OOThe kind of day of which I dreamed since I was small
OOOOOEverybody will gather round
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHSay I look lovely in my gown
OWhat they don't know is that I have
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO(fooled them all)
I could care less about the dressSVNOYI INALI I won't partake in any cake
OOOOOOO█ ▐ █████ ▐ ██████ ███████ █Vows, well I will be lying when I say ▐██ ▐ ██████████
That through any kind of weather OO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOI'll want us to be together
OO
▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇The truth is I don't care for him at all
OOONo I do not love the groomOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIn my heart there's only
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOgloom
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBut I still want him to be all mine
User Image
                                              Sector three, a calm and rather tranquil place when one came at the right time. The placid water and serine sound of fish moving through the water, it was truly a calming place to be. A few paces out from the coast stood a small island no bigger than a small couch, on the island stood a girl with raven hair. The girl sat indian style with her eyes closed, seeming to concentrate on some unseen force. This girl was Arella Roth, an agent of the rebels. The girl had been sitting in this position for nearly an hour, meditating so that she could keep her powers at their peek. Eyelids flickered open to reveal icy blue eyes. Arella sat for a moment taking in her surroundings as she always had when she came here to meditate. Taking a slow deep breath the woman stood. Come Azar. It's time to go. she said, her voice was cold and void of emotion. Upon hearing the command a small deformed cat uncurled itself and walked from the other side of the island. Azar was the only thing that Arella truly cared about even though the cat's appearance was quiet gruesome. It was one of those hairless cats, a sphinx, but the cat's skin was pulled tight over it's body. No matter how much Arella feed her little Azar he never seemed to gain any weight, he always kept the same skeleton like appearance. Though the cat's skin was something to behold, its face was really were the horror lay. Azar had a perpetual grin plastered across his face, an unfortunate outcome to a rather cruel prank. Arella had found the cat one night whilst walking around Sector four. Apparently one of the horribly mannered children who lived there had thought it would have been funny to cut the lips off of the poor creature. Arella had come across Azar by mishap and, contrary to her cruel and uncaring nature, nursed it back to health. The scars had healed, but the grin remained permanently fixated in place.

Come on, you don't want to stay here all day do you? Arella asked the cat as if expecting an answer. Almost as if the cat could understand her every word Azar jumped into the woman's outstretched hands, purring loudly as he snuggled against the fabric of her clothes. Looking out at the water before her Arella focused her powers creating small shadowy platforms made solid with her telekinesis to act as stepping stones to the shore. One step at a time she walked across the platforms with a grace that did not match her appearance. Once across the water and safely on the shore Arella loosened her concentration on the shadows and they disappeared back to where ever they had come from. I think we should go and take a look around Sector Five. Of course that means I'll have to put your mask on Azar. she told the cat as she watched him lounge against her arm. The cat looked up at her and even though it's smile stayed in place, Arella could tell he was not happy about this. I know you don't like it, but it has to be done. No one else on this teams seems to want to do some recon on our opponents. she told the cat. Azar growled lowly for a moment but then seemed to resign himself to the fact that this was not a fight he would win. With the little argument seeming to be settled Arella set off for Sector Five.

Though the trip was somewhat long Arella soon found herself at the entrance to the Polluted Factories. Already she could taste the acrid air coming from this place. Taking a mask from her side bag she placed it on her face and then did the same with a smaller one for Azar. Walking among the tall buildings of the area she could the structures moan under their own weight. Years of inadequate maintenance had left the buildings more than a little unsafe for the common passer-byers. In all honesty Arella had no idea what she was looking for. A map, some whispers of plans, even a suspicious character would be a god send to the young woman. If she could scrounge up some kind of information on any of the other factions it would certainly be worth her while. Azar continued to lounge comfortably in her arms as Arella navigated through the unsafe streets of Sector Five scaring off any of the less than brave people who made this their home. In truth although she loved Azar more than any other being on this planet she knew the cat served a purpose, and it was doing it quiet well right now. Not many people could look at the cats horrific scars and soul piercing grin without feeling somewhat violated. Good boy. . . she whispered as she patted the cats head softly. Continuing on her way she remained steadfast in her attempts to find something out about the other factions, something that would probably go unfulfilled. But hey whose to say wasting a bit of time was a bad thing? Even when it was guised to seem as though she was doing something important.

HEALTHxx██████████████████████████████████████████████████ 100%
x
ENERGYxx██████████████████████████████████████████████████ 100%
AZAR'S MOODxxxlPleasant

OOC / / Well at least this one is not as long as the last one xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items