Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Codger

User Image
User Image

𝒽𝓊𝓈𝒽 𝒽𝓊𝓈𝒽 𝓀𝓮𝓮𝓅 𝒾𝓉 𝒹𝓸𝓌𝓃 𝓃𝓸𝓌 𝓋𝓸𝒾𝒸𝓮𝓈 𝒸𝒶𝓇𝓇𝓎
                                                    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At this rate, Allison would be wandering the hallways of Titan Inc for all eternity. The building was so huge, even just as far as one floor went, and seemed like it was set up as some sort of maze. Would it have killed them to post a few maps around the area? Occasionally she would pass by a scientist or soldier on their way to wherever they were headed, and she would go into the same chain of thoughts. She’d have to pose it as a question, not a stated request, and it always seemed to help to add in something about if they ‘felt like it.’ But by the time she’d remembered how to word her request for directions, they’d have scurried away. Some of them looked especially nervous, as though there was some sort of neon sign blinking above her reading “Caution: Mind Control.” Allison wished that they were better at spreading gossip – the scientists she’d been working with prior to being released into the community all knew how hard it was for her to use her powers, so it didn’t make sense for anyone to be nervous around her.

After what felt like hours, but in reality was no more than one at the worst, Allison struck gold. A scientist was meandering along the hall, nose buried in a thick bundle of papers. Too distracted to notice Allison. She used this to her advantage, flipping through her notebook to a fresh page and scribbled down a quick, “Where’s the project meeting room?” before sidling up beside the scientist and positioning her notebook between him and his paper pile. He nearly tripped over her in surprise at the sudden, silent appearance, but seemed to take her presence better than the previous passerby. He even drew her a little map to lead the way!

Finally on the correct route, Allison let her mind wander. She’d been told that at this meeting, she’d get to meet a few new projects like herself, some that had been projects for several years, and even a couple that were much more aged in their positions. They hadn’t given her an exact number, but crowds of people had never bothered her before. It’d only get uncomfortable once they asked her to introduce herself to the project she’d be working with. Titan told her that she was supposed to practice speaking normally around the base, that relying on her notebook was too much of a crutch. But accidentally using her power hurt! They figured that if she used it enough, it could get better, much like stretching and practicing and finally being able to do the splits. But the process was painful, and people tended to get mad at her for it. No one liked being forced to do things, and she herself didn’t like forcing people to do things.

She also didn’t like how long it could take her to make sure she didn’t accidentally use her power in conversation. When she talked, it never took much thought to understand how to work people to her advantage, so forcing her words to be the exact opposite was a daunting task. Some people might think she was just stupid, when she stayed silent long after being asked a question, and it was tempting to tell them not to think of her that way. But that just brought her back to the root of the problem, really.

When she arrived at the meeting room, it was surprisingly empty. She didn’t have a number to go on, but she could at least judge by the number of chairs that had been moved about the room. None of its occupants looked particularly inviting, either. There were two blonde women speaking in hushed tones near the front of the room, both looking serious and maybe even displeased by whatever they were talking about. It didn’t look like they wanted to be interrupted. There were also two others, a tall and serious looking man who had just approached a while haired woman. Those two didn’t seem to be as into their conversation yet, which made them the best option to interrupt.

Hesitantly, Allison made her way over to them, standing silently there for a few moments before opening her mouth. “Hi, my name is Allison Moore. I’m Project Siren. I got lost, so I’m a little late. Please don't be…” She paused, revising her own words for a moment, “… I’m sorry if you’re upset with me. Do you know where my partner is? Or even who they are?”

lady ben-kenobi's Husbando

Mystical Dreamer

■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■

User Image

■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■

“Trial one hundred and thirteen was a bust,” Ivan noted, scribbling furiously in his lab notebook. It wasn’t the first time that he had taken painstaking precautions only to fail and be sent back to square one, but if that was to ever deter him, he wouldn’t have achieved this many feats, his greatest being the projects. That eventually escalated, as he became a project himself—Persephone, more specifically. Oddly enough, his decision wasn’t determined by the need to further theories or discoveries. He had done it out of curiosity and more importantly, his undying devotion to his Krono and Titan Inc.

Ivan’s face scrunched up in concentration as he attempted to discern any differences between this trial and previous ones. If nothing else, he would learn from his mistakes. “Hm, seems like that independent variable caused a bad react—“ That was about as far as he got before the experiment exploded in his face…literally. He reeled back before any real damage was done to his skin, yet he still sustained some injuries, cuts from glass shards of a beaker. Between gasps, he managed to say one statement in German. “Not good at all.” The surprise had shocked him into using another language, Lora’s ethnic one. Ivan was learning Japanese, but he did have a burning curiosity about Germany, enough to make him want to find out more. That was a part of Lora’s background after all.

He couldn’t help but spend the next few minutes inspecting his skin. He winced gingerly, partially due to the pain but mainly because of the time it would take for the cuts to properly heal and scab over. Ivan was grateful already that he hadn’t faced the effects of his concoction. Besides, he had more pressing matters to attend to. There was always the case of meeting up with Lora not to mention whatever business Titan Inc. had planned out. He quickly cleaned up the mess and rifled around until he found some medical supplies and tended to himself.

By the time Ivan finally decided to head out of the room, he knew that the time was well past the mandatory meeting, and he didn’t have any another excuse this time than the fact of him playing around with fire. Anyone in their right mind wouldn’t try to tamper with an element that weakened them, but he was hell bent on knowing everything there was about fire so that maybe he could possibly build up as well as maintain a sense of immunity to it. So far, Lady Luck hadn’t proven to be very reliable, so that’s why he had turned to scientific methods early on. Even then, Ivan found his lab procedure didn’t have much reproducibility. At the very least, he believed there was a possibility of desensitizing himself and being able to handle fire elements, supported by the fact that he was a tad immune to Lora’s death ability.

Ivan made his way through the building, doing his best to use a route that was off the main path. He knew he looked worse for wear with those bandages in various spots and it wouldn’t be long before people others began to notice. As much as he liked Titan Inc., he would really like to avoid the higher-ups right now. More worrying than punishment was if anyone had tried to locate him and thought him to be missing in action and about to call a search. He didn’t want people to go through all of that; it was a hassle. Above all, he disliked being a disappointment. Perhaps it was for this reason that Ivan ducked into the gym.

Much to his relief, he noticed a few familiar faces. They weren’t necessarily the projects that he wanted to see, but he would take their company all the same even if he had to face their questions. “Hello,” he greeted. “What did I miss at the meeting?” He paused and added, “Also, has anyone seen Project Hades?”

Project Persephone - Ivan "Ivy" Tseng - Gym

Eloquent Explorer

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Eliaus
☽ Project ηyx ☾

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Eliaus tossed and turned in her bed, darkness closing in on her. It sapped her energy away from her, and what little happiness she had left after all her stupid screw ups. It was a monster, or maybe Satin, come to drag her to Hell with him. The thing was, it was all in her head. Since she gained her abilities, she had occasional night terrors. She never screamed, and she could never manage to wake herself up either. It just kept going, until it felt like ending. She was just lucky they only happened occasionally instead of every night. Regardless, she never seemed to get enough sleep. Before, Eliaus was the type to completely over load herself helping others, but she had become lazy after her advancements. They sapped the energy and the life out of her. She had originally joined the army to get away from her horrible screw ups, but she never seemed to be able to forget them, especially when night terrors haunted her.

Finally, her night mare released her, and she began to wake up. She felt cold and sweaty, even though the room was a very good temperature. It seemed she always woke up from her night terrors like that, cold and sweaty. She looked over towards the restroom, and thought of moving, but stayed where she was. She stared up at the ceiling for a moment, void of major thought. Then, slowly, she began to move. Although, it took eight minutes total for her to reach the edge of the bed, and when she got there, she sat and contemplated. I miss my old dreams... my old ways... Why the Hell did I have to be such a damn screw up... She was angry, but only at herself. Lately she was only ever mad at herself. Of course, she was supposed to be meeting the other projects that afternoon, for all she knew they could be very annoying. I need to stop crying over spilled milk... or alcohol... She let out a sigh, and stood, stretching and letting out a large yawn as she did.

She then wandered her way into the bathroom. Slowly, of course. She had become to tired and lazy to do things very quickly. When she had been studying to be a teacher, she had read a book called 'Breaking Night' by Liz Murray. At one point in the book, Liz was just living to live another day or, as she said it, 'break another night'. Eliaus couldn't help but feel that she was living in a similar state, she simply worried that she would never snap out of it. After all her screw ups, Eliaus had kind of given up on herself. Although she was Christian and believed that God gave second chances, she had fallen into a state of depression. Although, she knew God wanted her to be happy, and hoped he was guiding her steps.

Eliaus took a shower, feeling refreshed when she got out, as refreshed as she could really feel in her mental state at least. She tossed on some random cloths, which ended up being her favorite purple shirt witch had a moon and stars in one of the bottom corners and hung off one shoulder, and a pair of loose blue jeans. She hadn't noticed it before, but someone had pulled the curtain over her large window, seemingly to block out the light. She didn't mind though, she liked the dark even before she had actually gained the ability to manipulate shadows. She was about to go out and grab some breakfast, when she noticed a letter on her table. She dragged herself back to the table and opened the note. In short, it said that they were letting her sleep in, but to find the others and particularly her partner, Project Aphrodite, Niklaus Keller, as soon as possible. It was then that Eliaus noticed the time, particularly, how late it was. "What a pain..." She muttered, then yawned before slipping out the door.

It didn't take long to locate the others, even at her speed. All she had to do was ask any of the scientists, and they could point her in the right direction. They were in the gym. She went ahead and forced a tired smile to here face, not wanting to make a bad first impression on the others despite not caring much. It seemed she wasn't the last one to the party, there was a man who seemed to be just coming in as well. "Hello... Um... who is project Aphrodite? Erm... Niklaus Keller? I am his partner... They let me sleep in..." Her eyes sleepily scanning over them all. She couldn't help but let out a yawn and, despite being rather desensitized to them, mutter a quiet "Excuse me...
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Company:some other projects
Mood:Tired, a bit cranky
Thoughts:I wanna go back to bed...

Blessed Prophet

8,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
User ImageUser Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxi know everybody lets you down *
xxxxand i'll do the same and i'll do the same and i'll do the same and i'll do the same and i'll do the same
xxxx
xxxxxxxxxBUT KNOW I'LL ALWAYS BE AROUND
xxxthis can remain the same !

Alastair stared up at the ceiling. Under normal circumstances he would have been wandering the halls finding someone to tag along with, but his ordinarily obnoxious nature was being smothered by the twisting knots in his stomach. Lora and that pathetic botanist were getting much closer than he liked, he was being pushed out and that wasn’t something he could tolerate. He was admittedly torn, one part of him wanted to just kill him in his sleep and be done with it all, another wanted to simply not need Lora any longer, and the last and probably the scariest of them, all wondered why it mattered to him so much. Alastair had never been one to do or want anything permanent. Why would he? Things got boring when they are drawn out too long.

So why was it he was always looking forward to Lora’s company? For the sake of his pride and sanity he claimed it was due to her ability to negate his powers and left it at that. Sitting up from his spot on the floor the red head tilted his head sharply at the hesitant tapping on the door. It only took him a moment to wipe the frustrated look off of his face and replace it with a radiant smile as he opened the door. There was a smallish woman with a few extra pounds hanging on her curvaceous form and beside her was a very military looking guard. He had been bad, but not bad enough for them to truly punish him, they had put him in solitary for few hours to calm him down from his burst of rage at a new soldier’s remark about his baby face.

What could he say? He was proud that he could age gracefully, but at the time being he didn’t like the snide remarks coming from some ignorant jealous kid. “Am I free to go?” He asked in a sultry voice. “W-well, you were supposed to report to a meeting..” The woman blushed ever so slightly and kept her eyes on his nose. He was no Project Aphrodite, but he still had a certain attraction that people noticed subconsciously. “You missed it.” The man said rather briskly. “Get moving to floor 11 and get caught up.” With that he turned on his heel and pulled the woman in tow after him, but not without Alastair noticing the little shiver then went through his shoulders.

It brought a real smile to his face pleased with himself for causing two people at the same time to feel attracted to him. Men especially pleased him since they tended to have the whole sexuality struggle. He was a bit of a sadist and he wouldn’t apologize for it. Alastair tucked his thin hands into his pockets and headed down the hall toward the stairs. Like many he could have simply taken an elevator, but his mind was still flipping about through many different scenarios for how to remove Ivan from the picture and he wanted the extra time to think. As surprising as it was to believe, Alastair tended to be well prepared for situations his mind never rested and so he had an answer for many common things that happened daily.

Feral Prophet

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_________________________________________________________________________________________xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxANNICK LEWIS
                                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxixℙ𝕣𝕠𝕛𝕖𝕔𝕥 ℤ𝕖𝕦𝕤

By now Annick was starting to lose interest. The two of them had been in the room the longest of any of the pairings by far and she was getting antsy. She needed time to think and plan and punch some things. This did not mean, however, that she had stopped listening to Arianne, it was all sort of going through a back filter now instead of taking her main focus. She resisted the urge to smile when Arianne mentioned giving away her prowess. That was good, that even she did not think there could be more to Annick than she was showing. People were easy to trick, she supposed, when you had the ability to mess with their spy toys. Cameras were easy to rewire and glitch, motion sensors and alarms could be disarmed with a blink and training in secret while everyone slept became a cinch. What Titan thought the knew and what they actually knew were completely different.

The blonde let out a huff at Arianne's "biding time and biting tongues" comment. "I don't believe in tongue biting." She said haughtily,though it was only partially true. There was a time and place for silence, and even she knew that. The electricity manipulator was simply more choosey than most with when she used her silence; it was a long running tactic. If people thought you always spoke your mind and refused to be silenced, then they were far less likely to suspect when you hid things from them. 'No one ever expects the villain who burns orphanages to the ground to have a child of their own.'

Arianne's next question was met with another huff and a dismissive "Enough." Annick could picture in her head who was loyal, who was not and who was on the fence - the latter of whom seemed to have grown exponentially within the last half-hour. She'd have to work double-time to gain their support before Lora or the scientists could brainwash them further. As though she had read Annick's mind, Arianne moved on to recruiting tactics as well. The older woman may not have had Zeus' full trust yet, but Annick had to admit that they agreed on the status of recruits. Titan would win some over and there would most likely be a miniature war before their freedom was won, but if they played their cards right, Titan would be left with only a few of their sacred projects when the smoke cleared and the rubble remained.

What Annick hadn't expected, was project Lupa's offer to help. Even her request/subtle threat at the end made the blonde want to smile. It seemed that there might be more to the older woman than met the eye. They had their obvious differences, but perhaps under the surface, the two were more alike than Titan had expected. Either the company was dumber than Annick thought, in pairing them, or they were playing a dangerous game. Either way, Annick fully intended to win.

She nodded slowly, obviously more mellowed than before. Information was always good, and having it given to you was much easier than trying to hack it. Annick may have an affinity for electricity, but that didn't mean that she was a hacking whiz, and if Arianne could provide what she wanted without the hassle, then why turn the offer down? After a moment or two of thought, Annick extended her hand to the other woman. "We belong to no one." She said in agreement, the words bringing to mind another of Titan's pets - a little bird with no memory of falling from the nest.

"If you don't mind, I have to go now." She said abruptly. Lilly hadn't ever made it to the meeting. Even other projects had been late, but the winged girl never came. If the stiffs did something to her again, Annick was going to fry their brains until it leaked out of their noses. She was ruthless when it came to protecting Lilly. At least half of the fights the blonde picked were due to issues between scientist or guards and Lilly. Did they not know that they were the reason she was so screwed up? Her brain had deleted its memories of her entire life before Titan as a defense mechanism against itself; who the hell were they to break down that wall?

Not the least bit sorry about leaving Arianne without an explanation, Annick sped though the halls towards Lilly's quarters. When she found them empty, the blonde interrogated the unfortunate woman who happened to be making the bed. The fact that spark were subconsciously jumping between her fingertips helping to speed up the information gathering process. Lilly had left for the meeting on schedule, moving without escort, and they hadn't heard from her since. Annick stormed out before the last words of the woman hit her ears. Lilly could be out in the forest for all they knew, with all of those traps. Annick pushed thoughts of her friend lying in the dirt with her beautiful wings shredded and charred out of her mind and continued searching. Finally, she found that French woman who was supposed to be in charge of watching the fragile project. It wasn't Lilly, but it was close. Literally shocked as Annick grabbed her roughly by the arm, La Fuerve managed to squeak out "Shooting Range," before Annick released her and was off once more.

The blonde found Lilly just where her caretaker had said (which was fortunate for La Fuerve). As she rounded the corner, panels of white filled the view presented to her through the open doorway to the range. Annick let out a sigh as well as all of the negative ions she had inadvertently been holding in, creating a sort of static shockwave that rippled through the hallway and room like a shiver down one's spine. It was mostly harmless and Annick barely even noticed the side-effect of her pent up frustration, but it certainly let the others know she was there long before she could call out Lilly's name.

High-functioning Duck

User Image

tab
tab
tab
tab
tab
tab
tab
User Image
                                                                      The other projects seemed determined to remain as quiet as Lilly was. Lilly worried for a moment that they may have been displeased with her answer. She did not understand social cues in any way and even if she had, she would more than likely choose to ignore them. Project Athena seemed too wrapped up in whatever she had seen in Lilly's mind to even respond. The other one, Lilly's supposed partner, was merely silent. The surroundings seemed to fade away for Lilly as she slowly forgot where she was and what she was supposed to be doing. Something told her that leaving would displease somebody, but she wasn't sure why. The two other projects looked to be acting on a purpose, was she meant to be doing what they were doing? Before Lilly could fall apart too much a familiar tingle sent a shiver down her spine and made the hairs on her arm stand on edge. The winged girl turned and for a split second a very small, worried looking smile graced her lips. "Annick." she said softly by way of greeting.

Very few things made Lilly smile and even then it couldn't really be counted as a smile. More a little twitch at the corners of her lips that made her look only a tad less lost. Annick was one of the very few that brought Lilly out of her constant confusion enough to smile. Lilly had known the other girl for as long as she could remember, which was admittedly not very long, but she was what Lilly considered family. A bigger sister who guarded over her more fearsome and loyal than a pitbull. One of her earliest memories was of Annick, sneaking into her recovery room late at night, the only one to comfort her and make the screaming subside. Project Zeus looked a little out of sorts, frazzled more than usual. Lilly noted it with a worried expression, putting a hand to Annick's shoulder to reassure her. If Annick was worried it was usually about her. Even Lilly knew that. "Can we leave?" Even as the question left her lips, the winged girl turned, her hand slowly slipping from Annick's shoulder, moving as though in a daze.

Any words or protests called after her fell on deaf ears. Lilly couldn't have heard them if she wanted to. She had a new destination in mind and her jumbled brain could only ever focus on one thing at a time. A few guards cast the girl stern looks and some nearly moved to intervene with her wandering until they saw who trailed behind her. Lilly had never gotten into trouble while in Annick's care, and some guards had learned the hard way not to bother Hermes while Zeus was around. Lilly headed straight for the stairs, her gaze seeming to see nothing as she ghosted through the hall and into the stairwell. Elevators had never been a favorite of hers, being locked in a metal box with no escape tended to rile her up and set her in a near panic. It was safer to take the stairs and with Lilly in the lead, it was the way they would take. Surprisingly, they weren't the only ones, made obvious by the echoing clatter of footfalls coming from above. Lilly glanced upward for only a second before she began to climb, they had quite a few floors ahead of them, luckily all of Titan's projects were in great shape.

It wasn't long before they came across the figure who had been climbing ahead of them. Lilly almost didn't even notice him as she moved to go around the man, but out of the corner of her eye she caught a glimpse of red hair and her whole gaze came to settle on him. "Alastair." The same barest flash of a smile crossed her lips for a moment before fading away. Alastair was one of the few faces she always recognized and was happy to see. Project Dionysus, he was nearly a foot taller than her with red hair and curiously colored eyes. Lilly found his company rather enjoyable, even if Annick did not. "The roof." Lilly trailed her hand along the front of his shirt as she continued up, the only sign given that she wanted him to come with her. Hermes often did not express herself clearly as more often than not she wasn't sure how. Words did not come easily to her and even when they did her messages were often cryptic. Without another word the winged girl continued her climb until at last she pushed open the door to the roof with a small grunt of effort.

The scientists had long ago instructed guards to keep the door unlocked for Lilly's access. Not only did it serve as good training grounds for her, but she came there for peace from the raging storm in her head. A small garden sat in the middle with a bubbling fountain and the calls of birds overhead the only sounds. Lilly's gaze wandered to the gulls, her wings shuffling on their own as she watched them flying. The sun was warm on her pale skin and the cool breeze that tickled her cheek felt good in the heat of the afternoon. Lilly moved immediately to the edge, staring out at the vast ocean that was so familiar to her eyes that knew nothing more. "Annick? What's that way?" she asked idly, pointing off towards the sun.Was there something other than the island? Lilly thought so, though she'd never seen it. The scientists kept her in utter ignorance, but over time Lilly had come to think, through the haze of thoughts in her mind, that there was something beyond the island. Every time she'd asked Dr. La Fuerve the woman had merely shook her head and changed the subject. Pale blue eyes turned back to her friend, flickering between Annick and Alastair.

Lavish Gekko

8,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxKieran (Chiron) Whelan
User Image▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Your eyes, they shine so bright ☁' I want to ↺↺ s a v e that light
I can't escape this now. Unless you show me how. . .
When you feel my h e a r t look into my eyes
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
It's where my demons hidexxIt's where my demons hidexxIt's where my demons hide
It's where my demons hidexxIt's where my demons hidexxIt's where my demons hide
Don't get too c l o s e it's dark inside. .

"I'm Project Chiron, also know as Kieran. I will be your partner." Kieran spoke with confidence in his voice. He had read everything there was on Project Hades, but her image and files didn’t tell him everything. That she was an over-confident, and manipulative over-grown child. The reports had informed him that she enjoyed being in control and was occasionally explosive. A person like her with the powers she had was dangerous. Titan Inc. was definitely going to be keeping him busy with such an interesting project like Lora.

Taking a deep breath he continued to stare down at the woman. Today he was going to push her as far as possible. He needed to know how capable she was at handling her powers, and her fitness evaluation. She needed to be as fit and in shape as possible; powers like hers were sought after by many. She needed to be able to protect herself and be able to get away.

Before he could say anymore another project made their way towards him. Kieran’s frown remained permanent on his face as he stared at the girl. She introduced herself as Allison, Project Siren, and apologized for being late. “There are no excuses for being late. Both of you will work on that; if you are unsure where something is you leave early and ask for directions. Hades you will do your best to be on time,” Kieran’s voice was evidence enough that he was upset about their untimely appearances. His eyes were narrowed as they stared like daggers at the two girls.

“Project Siren your partner is most likely in the gym since he decided he was too good to join us in the meeting room. Hades and I will take you there since that will be where we are heading as well,” Kieran spoke as he turned away and took a few steps toward Lupa. Reaching out his hand he placed it gently on Anne’s upper arm before speaking kindly, “I will meet with you later after I evaluate Project Hades status.” With nothing more to say to the other veteran he turned back to Hades and Siren. Moving past them he made his way from the hallway and down the stairs till he hit the doors that led to the gym.

Opening the door he looked around to see the projects that were currently residing in the gym. His eyes stopped when he spotted a male figure with black hair; Project Persephone. A Titan Inc. Scientist that decided to become an experiment. Kieran didn’t understand what would make the man want to do such a thing, but he wasn’t about to ask. Maybe he wanted to experience first-hand what it was like to have power surging through his body. Or maybe because he had fallen in love with another project and thought becoming an experiment would keep them together. The later one seemed all the more plausible since Persephone was in fact dating another project. Kieran’s eyes turned to fall back on Project Hades, the girlfriend of Project Persephone.

“Project Persephone your partner will be Project Siren. You two will get to know each other by telling the other your powers, weaknesses, and strengths,”
                                                                                  Kieran spoke as he then looked away from Persephone and Siren to turn to Lora. “Now shall we get to work?” He was curious as to how willing the project was going to be. Her reply would tell him what he needed to know as well as tell him where to start.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
Outfit :: What he has on in his picture
With :: Anne (Project Lupa), Lora (Hades), Allison (Siren), Ivan (Persephone), Julien (Apollo), Nik (Aphrodite), and Sparrow (Hephaestus)
Mood :: Lets see just how good this girl is...

Lavish Gekko

8,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxJulien (Apollo) Delacroix
User Image▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

What doesn't kill you ☁' makes you ↺↺ s t r o n g e r
stronger just me, myself and I
What doesn't k i l l you makes you stronger
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Stand a little tallerxxStand a little tallerxxStand a little taller
Stand a little tallerxxStand a little tallerxxStand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm l o n e l y when I'm alone

Julien looked over at Project Ares as he asked what they should test first. Well they already had shown where each placed in speed, so maybe something else. Sparrow’s comment soon following about how Ares was testing her give s**t ability caused the blonde-haired male to frown. Did she really take all of this as a joke? She seemed to have no motivation and didn’t even care about the powers that were surging through her body. Those powers needed to be controlled and a fit mentality along with an in shape body was necessary.

Taking a deep breath he shook his head slightly before looking over at Nik. Project Aphrodite had been almost the same way, but he actually used his powers frequently for his own personal reasons. When he had first met the project he had disliked the man, but with time grew fond of the lithe, blue-haired male. A soft spot formed inside his heart as a relationship formed between them. Aphrodite’s lack of motivation in regards to fighting and exercise still bugged him on occasion but maybe that was what he liked about him. The fact that they were so different was what kept them together; opposites really did attract.

Project Apollo was a bit surprised by Sparrow’s act when he watched her go into the pool. So she wasn’t actually too bad when it came to water. He gave the woman a few claps in respect and acknowledgement of her capability. It seemed things were just going to get more and more interesting as Nik began to speak.

The man was daring Project Ares, calling him out, to see how long he could resist Project Aphrodite. This was something he was not going to miss one single second off. It would be a nice change to catch the man off guard or taken back. As the seconds ticked by Julien watched as the man’s facial expression slowly began to break away. It was like watching a clay pot’s paint chipping away slowly to reveal an entirely different color.

Before any more could be revealed the minute was over and Project Ares had won. What a disappointment, he wouldn’t have minded seeing a softer side to the cold-faced individual. What Project Ares did next only showed Julien just how much of an a*****e he really was. Project Apollo watched as the man began laughing before pushing Aphrodite into the pool.

NIK! The blue-haired male was not good in water and especially when he was caught completely off guard. Before he could move Hephaestus was already diving in after the male. While she went and saved him Julien closed the distance between him and Ares. Raising his arm he pulled his fist back before letting it rip through the air. His fist made contact with Project Ares’ face before knocking him completely off his feet and falling a few feet back.

“If you ever touch him again I will not hold back,” Julien’s eyes were as deadly as daggers as he stared intensely at the man. Project Ares continued to lie on the floor for another moment before slowly picking himself back up. Any words that were spoken fell on deaf ears as his blood continued to boil as he remained in place.

Lowering his hand he walked slowly toward Ares, his face as stern as cold as could be. Never had he shown this side of himself to Nik, or even Annick. This was a side that he only revealed when he was in a war or battle. A side that many of his old comrades had regarded as the ‘Golden Demon’. Julien’s state of mind was lost as his emotions took full control; making him a dangerous person to be around. Before he could cause any more harm soldiers came in and grabbed Project Ares as they escorted him out. Julien stared and watched until his figure disappeared behind closed doors.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
Outfit :: Boxers
With :: Everyone
Mood :: Dangerous

High-functioning Duck

I got this feeling on a summer day when you were gone.
I crashed my car into the bridge. I watched, I let it burn.
I threw your s**t into a bag and pushed it down the stairs.
I crashed my car into the bridge.

I don't care.
User Image

User Image

Sparrow relaxed a little as Nik smiled up at her and proclaimed her his new favorite. If his humor was in tact he'd be alright. No thanks to Matt. What a complete d**k, what sort of person threatened a team mate's life like that? He called them the slackers but it seemed he didn't even know the first thing about being on a team. "Sorry if I hit you down there, Spatzi. I thought you were… someone else. If you need anything from me, ever, you’ve got it." Sparrow literally waved off his apology, even if had managed to hit her, she wouldn't have been angry. Much worse had happened during her lifeguard days. "Don't worry about it. And you can reward me later." she answered with a wink before turning her attention to her fuming mentor. Sparrow couldn't hold in her grin as Matt fell on his rump after a much deserved punch to the face. She only wished she had been the one to deliver. Much to everyone's relief, no sooner had he gotten up did two soldiers arrive to escort him away for what appeared to be a mission of some sort. Sparrow wriggled her fingers in a sarcastic goodbye . "Good riddance." Hephaestus muttered, turning back to Nik to make certain he was recovering alright.

Drying his clothes would have been another nice gesture, but Sparrow was too worried she'd end up scalding him. Not everyone was immune to heat like she was, sometimes that thought slipped her mind. Luckily not this time. When he agreed to go to the beach, the girl was all grins. A little tanning time was just what they needed right about now. Before Sparrow could pull him to his feet and nearly drag him outside, the gym doors opened to reveal a tall, dark haired man with a spattering of bandages over his face. The man walked in as though everyone should have already known him. Must have been one of the senior projects. He offered them a nice hello and a friendly smile. Introductions might have been pertinent at that time, Sparrow had never been very pertinent. "What happened to your face?!" she exclaimed, wincing in sympathy at the sight of the bandages. His question about the meeting drew her attention away from them, if only for a second. "We got partners. We're training. I set a plant on fire." the girl answered with a nonchalant shrug.

"I'm Sparrow. Project Hephaestus." Introductions were an afterthought, but might as well be included. As for the man's second question, she had no idea. She hadn't even a clue who Hades was or what they looked like. Before Sparrow could answer to that effect the gym doors opened again to reveal a girl still blinking the sleep from her eyes. "Hello... Um... who is project Aphrodite? Erm... Niklaus Keller? I am his partner... They let me sleep in..." Until three in the afternoon? "I remember my first tangle with tequila." Sparrow chuckled to herself, inferring the girl had had a rather wild night to merit sleeping so late. As for her question, Sparrow said no more, merely pointing down to the still sopping boy seated by her feet. A moment later the gym doors flung wide again to reveal Chiron, who Sparrow actually recognized, and a white haired woman. "It's a veritable party in here, isn't it?" Sparrow said with a raise of one brow. If the gym weren't so big it might have even been crowded. Why was everyone showing up here? Especially right after Sparrow had been about to sneak out and have some fun for once?

"Does this mean the beach is off?" she whispered to Nik, though she was already guessing the answer. Chiron didn't seem like the type to condone a relaxing day on the beach. But she'd already been on the bars once today, what more did they want from her? If it was to light more s**t on fire she'd happily oblige, that could happen outside. Couldn't it? Curious as she was about the other project's powers, she was afraid Chiron might make her start training if she stayed in his presence for too long. Then again, the dark haired male seemed far more preoccupied with his white haired counterpart. Maybe if they started some complex maneuvering, Sparrow could sneak out the back with Nik in tow and get the two of them down to the beach. Maybe unlike some of the others, Sparrow found his powers extremely interesting, and extremely enticing. Not to mention she'd started to notice a slight jitteriness to her fingers. Crowds made her uncomfortable these days and with no access to the substance to calm the rising anxiety she needed something comforting. The beach was about the only comforting thing on the whole damn island.

You're on a different road, I'm in the Milky Way
You want me down on earth, but I am up in space
You're so damn hard to please, we gotta kill this switch
You're from the 70's, but I'm a 90's b***h

I love it.
User Image

Dapper Codger

User Image
          PROJECT: APHRODITE xxxxxx
          NIKLAUS KELLERxxxxxx

User ImagexxUser Image

xxI COULD LOVE YOU MUCH BETTER
          xxxxxx» if you can't see it, you're blind
          xxI COULD LOVE YOU MUCH BETTER
          xxxxxx» oh, you know someday, i'm gonna make you mine

Nik had never witnessed this side of Julien before, the anger practically flowing off him in almost tangible waves. It might be something he’d expect from Annick, she was a lot more open and prone to lashing out when she was upset. But if anyone was skilled enough to lighten the suddenly dark mood in the room, it was Nik. Especially considering it was technically his fault for causing the whole scene in the first place; it would be wise to take responsibility and try to correct it himself as well. Carefully, as to not slip and end up right back in the water, he got to his feet and made his way to Julien’s side. One hand came up to push his damp bangs out of his face so he could actually see the taller man, and out of instinct the other reached out to touch Julien’s arm, though he hesitated just before he could for several reasons. The first being that this was a side of Julien he wasn’t familiar with, so he wasn’t sure if it was exactly safe to touch him just yet. The second, though, was that the nerves from the water and his uncertainty over this new attitude left his power swirling dangerously close to the surface, and forcing Julien to submit wasn’t ever a good idea.

“Julien, it’s alright. Honestly, it was my fault for making the bet in the first place. You know I don’t always think these things through, that’s your specialty.” That was probably one of the biggest differences between them, and one of the best reasons for Nik to stay close to Julien. He’d probably have been able to tell Nik what a bad idea that was, had he not simply jumped right into it with Matt. “I appreciate the help from you both, I swear, but I kind of deserved that.”

“What happened to your face?!” Sparrow’s exclamation drew his attention to the new additions to the room, and gasped in horror. Ivan’s face was a mess! If his girlfriend hadn’t walked in so quickly after, he might have moved to inspect the man closer. As it was, Ivan would probably shoo Nik away whether or not Lora was around. Despite how charming and adoring (and alright, very suggestive at times) Nik was toward Ivan, he just refused to accept his advances.

Reluctantly, Nik instead directed his attention to his new partner. The girl looked to be a grand improvement from Matt, small and unthreatening. If she slept in and still looked this tired, maybe she’d be a bit lazy, which would be more to his advantage. "Does this mean the beach is off?" Not if Nik could help it. He linked arms with Sparrow and, after a second of consideration, his dazed new partner. “Well I, for one, need to change, and I can’t just leave my partner here! So we’ll run up to my room and get some dry clothes, and Spatzi here can supervise.” Leaning closer to Sparrow, he added in a whisper, “And maybe, we just won’t find our way back for a while!”

Before Chiron could gather up any sort of protest against the plan, Nik tugged the two girls through the doors, mouthing a ‘come find us!’ to Julien before the doors shut behind them. The man new all of Nik’s preferred hang outs, so he didn’t need to follow right this second if he didn’t wish to. The girls, however, would have to just follow Nik until they got there. Which meant he ended up dragging them to his suite first, because he really wasn’t lying about needing new clothes. He was already peeling off the soaked shirt before they’d even crossed the threshold, his complete lack of shame clouding over any thoughts that the girls might not be so comfortable.

“So, new partner, what’s your name? You seem to know a little about me, but I have no idea who you are, or what you are, or how this is going to go,” he called over his shoulder as he walked through to his bedroom, door left open so they could talk if they were uncomfortable with following him in. He really didn’t mind either way, and he got the feeling Sparrow might just be the type to not care. Nik grabbed a towel and dried himself off as he pulled out a dry pair of shorts, and stripped off the rest of his waterlogged clothing without turning to check if the girls had stopped at the main room or taken the chance at entering his bedroom.

Blessed Prophet

8,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
User ImageUser Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxi know everybody lets you down *
xxxxand i'll do the same and i'll do the same and i'll do the same and i'll do the same and i'll do the same
xxxx
xxxxxxxxxBUT KNOW I'LL ALWAYS BE AROUND
xxxthis can remain the same !

Alastair had set his pace for the long climb so that the rhythmic timed steps would lull his brain into some semblance of calm as his frustrations began to build up. He was selfish and he knew that, but for once he had run into a problem that he couldn’t face by simply laying down the law and claiming what he wanted. He just loved the irony that Lora and Ivan were named after mythological lovers, and by loved he really meant he wanted to kick someone’s teeth into their spleen. There was so much rage inside of the man’s mind, but his face appeared as calm and neutral as ever. The situation looked pretty hopeless at the moment and against his better judgment he was far too stubborn to just let it go. It also bruised his pride a little that Lora showed not even an ounce of attraction toward him.

His inner musings were scrambled as other sets of feet broke up the rhythm he had been keeping. Alastair blinked curiously as he looked behind him and then used his eyes to follow the winged vixen that had the brain of a kid on drugs. She was actually very pretty and had the sweetest voice, when she managed to use it. The problem was that her thoughts were even more rambunctious than his own. Sometimes he wondered about her, why she was that way and why no one seemed interested in actually helping her. Though those were passing thoughts since he wasn’t particularly close to anyone but Lora who had managed to become virtually the center of his world. The redhead didn't react when Lilly ran her hand up his chest, he had had far naughtier things done that a simple gesture didn't bother him. Especially when the person doing it had the eyes of wandering child.

Alastair watched Lilly move on without him as though she had forgotten he was there and glanced back at the other person, Annick. He didn’t personally have anything against the other project, but she went against Lora’s ideals and her loyalty to Titan, and that wasn’t someone he could do much more than tolerate. His dislike was thinly veiled by his hollow and cold stare. “Zeus” He said flatly before he continued climbing the stairwell to the roof. All things considered he was being very mature and civilized, but he doubted anyone would appreciate his efforts.

He didn’t care much that he wasn’t reporting to the conference room, he was already well beyond late anyway. As he stepped out into the open space of the roof he felt a dull diluted rush of excitement, just enough of a twinge to make memories surface of his days as an adrenalin junkie. Ah, sweet memories. Alastair thought with a bittersweet sigh. Sure he could still do many of the activities he used to enjoy, but he couldn’t feel anymore. So what would have been the point. Knowing better than to push Lilly, he moved himself over toward the garden where he sat on the fountain’s edge not minding the light mist that clung to the back of his shirt. He was surprisingly patient, if he hadn’t been he would have already broken Ivan’s neck. Considering his current status as the third wheel, Alastair began to sing a song he’d heard a lot from one of his mothers. “Wee chookie birdie toll loll loll; Laid a wee eggy on the windae sill; The windae sill began tae crack; Wee chookie birdie, roared and grat.” He’d kept his voice soft, but his thick accent muddled the words to the point where he was hard to understand in the first place.

User Image

LORA KRONOS
PROJECT HADES

Turning my head slightly, I looked down and saw a girl with blue hair and blue eyes. She had a small frame, and looked terribly fragile. But as soon as I tried to reply, the tall, lean, dark haired male answered first. Catching the petite girl's eye, I smiled kindly before she turned and left to find her partner. Turning my attention back to Kieran, I sighed softly and watched his sharp eyes search mine. "You're not going to get anywhere if you keep on staring at me like that," I said calmly. He had commented on the fact that being late was something that I had to work on. It's not even my fault I was late. This place is so damn complicated, it's like a maze. "I will meet with you later after I evaluate Project Hades status." Looking back up at him, I furrowed my brows just slightly. Evaluate me? Why would he need to evaluate me? That was beyond my concern. I turned just slightly, wanting to walk away from this whole thing. I had other things to do, and this whole 'partner' thing was just wasting my time. Although, something about this man... intrigued me. I'm not sure what it was, but something about him did. And something told me that I wouldn't be able to get rid of him as easily as I thought I'd be able to.

As everyone evacuated the gym, the two of us were left stranded in the large room. I looked around curiously and sighed. "Shall we walk?" I asked, with my back turned towards him. He mumbled something, and I wasn't completely sure as to what it was, but when I turned around, he was already making his way out. Following him from behind, I kept a safe distance and crossed my arms together. The sooner we were over with this partnership thing, the happier I'd be. "Where's Ivan? I thought curiously. Looking around, I watched the other projects dilly-dally their way off with there partners, but there was still no sign of Ivan. Where was that boy? I guess I'd have to wait to see him later today. Noticing that I was walking faster, I slowed my steps down and immediately caught a couple of words that slipped from Kieran's mouth. I tilted my head and stared at him. He turned around and looked at me, "Did you catch that?" He said sharply. I guess the confused look on my face said it all, because immediately, he rolled his eyes and turned back around before he continued walking... Mumbling unknown words again.

"Wanna go grab lunch or something?" I asked him. He turned around again, and I shrugged then looked to my left. There was a small cafe nearby, and I was hungry. He sighed heavily, and I wanted to let out a laugh because I could already tell I was becoming a handful for him. Smiling lightly, I chuckled and he immediately asked, "What're you laughing at?" I looked at him and continued laughing before walking towards the cafe. Gosh, how easy was it to get his panties tied up in a knot? I wonder how long he could go before seriously getting mad at me and hitting me. I shrugged the thought off as we approached the small cafe. I grabbed a yogurt and glanced over my shoulder, watching the gloomy male stand in my shadow. "Not hungry? Suit yourself." Opening the yogurt top, I grabbed a spoon from one of the serving tables nearby and dug in. Leaving a five dollar bill next to the cashier register, I walked out of the cafe and enjoyed my mid-day snack. We continued to walk under the burning sunlight. He kept chatting away and kept mentioning about some kind of training we had to do to get to know each other better. I nodded and kept nodding to make it seem as though I was listening. We walked by this pretty little area with Roman columns towering around us. There was a bench and a little waterfall inside it. Walking in front of him and sitting down on the bench, I looked up at the blank sky as I finished my yogurt. He sat down beside me, and I could feel the heat of his stare burning through my skull.

"May I help you?" I asked, politely. He sputtered a few words and continued to speak. His words went in one ear, and almost immediately left the other. I sighed and put my yogurt cup down. Straightening my back, and rubbed my temples and calmly said, "Could you please just..." He kept talking. "If you would just..." He kept talking. "SHUT UP." I said, and with a single swift movement, the back of my hand touched his right cheek which caused his head to turn entirely. The slap left him with a giant light pink stain on his right cheek, and I covered my mouth with his hands. "I am so sorry... Well, not really, but... sorry mate." I wanted to laugh, but right in that moment, I could feel a darkness emitting from him.

Feral Prophet

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_________________________________________________________________________________________xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxANNICK LEWIS
                                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxixℙ𝕣𝕠𝕛𝕖𝕔𝕥 ℤ𝕖𝕦𝕤

The muscles in Annick's face were the last to relax as she saw the twitch of a smile on Lilly's own face. "Hey Lil." She said, her voice like a breeze compared to her previous vocal encounters. The blonde held nothing but sweetness towards her winged friend. Regardless, it seemed that Lilly had taken notice of her unsettled disposition before the change and placed a hand on her shoulder as if to reassure her. The irony of it all brought a smile of her own to the project's face.

"Can we leave?

Annick nodded and replied with a simple "Where to?" - despite the fact that her companion probably didn't hear a word of it, already gliding out the door. Annick did a quick, cheeky salute to the other two in the room before following. She'd seen the woman briefly at the meeting, but assumed that the man was also a new project. "Annick, Project Zeus. Join at your own risk." The last part was meant to be lighthearted as she said it over an already turning shoulder, but was rooted in truth. Lilly wasn't always fond of mixing things up.

Walking through the halls with Lilly was always quite humorous for Annick. Each guard had their own expression when it came to dealing with Lilly, one that quickly changed up also sighting Zeus. Whether it was fear, apprehension or disgruntlement, Annick took great joy in watching the change. Soldiers knew she meant trouble, and they didn't even know the half of it. Though slightly distracted by the show, Annick made sure to keep track of where they were going as Lilly hadn't really specified their destination. She did, however, get a pretty clear idea when they paused at the doorway to the stairwell. They were headed for the roof.

All projects were given increased muscle performance and endurance, so stair were not such a big deal compared to normal humans. However, when more than three or four levels were involved, just about everyone except Lilly had to adjust their pace. So when they came across another project, Annick had gone from walking next to Lilly to three or four steps behind. She used the pause as a chance to play catch-up, it was barely a pause, really, but enough that if she skipped a step or two, the blond could come up even with the other two. "Alistair." She replied with equal civility as he joined their little expedition, his pace changing from the casual ramble he'd held before to their much brisker ascension.

Project Zeus may not have liked the intoxicating super-human, but she sure as hell wasn't going to start anything with Lilly around. So they made the trip to the roof in silence, with only the rhythms of their feet to break it. When they finally came to the roof, Annick found the serenity quite welcoming. She could see why Lilly liked it so much. The wind in your hair, a great view of the island and nothing around for miles. Anything seemed possible up here. Even Alistair's odd rhyme did little to change the tone of the place. Annick stood in the open for a moment, just enjoying the atmosphere and the feel of the sun on her face. Only Lilly's question was enough to break her reverie.

"Hmm?" She asked rhetorically, but continued on without any sort of repetition. Her green eyes studied the horizon along which Lilly was looking. It was almost 4:00, and the sun was slightly ahead of them, so that meant they were facing West. To the west of the island was America. "In that direction." She said carefully, "is a really big island. It's soo big, that the top half of it goes by one name and the bottom half by another. And inside each of those halves are sections of various sizes that go by their own names. The biggest of these is America, a lot of soldiers come from there." It was a bit of a gamble, mentioning that the guards came from places other than the island. Annick knew that anything pre-Titan Inc. caused problems for Lilly, but she also suspected that her friend realized that no everyone was like her. Soldiers were different from projects, so it made sense that they might also come from different places.

Regardless, she stood ready, just a few inches to the left of the winged girl, in case the information triggered anything. With Lilly, it was always better to be safe. Annick knew that, the scientists knew that, the guards knew that. The difference between her and them, was that Annick actually wanted to help Lilly. The others were content with containing and controlling the freak outs, Annick wanted her friend to be able to move past them and regain her sanity, even if that meant taking a risk from time to time.

Eloquent Explorer

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Eliaus

☽ Project ηyx ☾

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Eliaus was very oblivious to what was going on around her, although it was rather clear to her that she had just missed something rather major. The others seemed a bit upset. She also could help but notice the large amount of bandages on one man. She also couldn't help but notice the 'charged' mood. For a short moment, she thought their anger was directed at her. It wasn't like she cared much, but it didn't take her long to realize that they weren't angry at her. Regardless, there she stood with a sleepy smile on her face.

When she heard one suggest that she had been drinking, she couldn't help but give a quiet laugh. "No, I admit, I kind of wish that was my problem. This is way more than a hangover. I'd almost go so far to say it is worse." She rubbed her eyes again and gave, yet another yawn. "Excuse me." She muttered politely. Although she didn't care much anymore, she figured she should probably show she had a shred of proper manners now that she was in the presence of her new 'team mates' or what ever it was her relation was to be with the people before her. She couldn't help but wonder what the future had in store for herself and the others. "Besides, tequila and I are old friends." She suddenly decided to add, the edges of her sleepy smile raising slightly as she did.

She was about to go ahead and introduce herself, as she had realized that she hadn't yet and might as well get it over with, when the man- he was a man, wasn't he?- at the pretty blonde woman's feet, piped up. Eliaus' slow mind pondered over Nik's gender for a moment, before simply deciding he was male, due to his name, and tossing the matter aside. She didn't protest, as he suddenly dragged them towards the door. Eliaus was too tired to fight him, and it wasn't like she had a reason to anyway. She let him drag her wherever he was going. She thought he had said something about his room, but it didn't really matter to her. Besides, even if he did try something, she was reasonably confident in her ability to over power him, how hard could it be to best a guy that borderlined looking like a girl? She didn't even realize how quickly her thoughts had gone to the worst case scenario. Still, she just followed sleepily.

It wasn't long before they got to Nik's room though, or it didn't feel like long anyway. Eliaus had pretty much been in a trace until they stopped and Nik spoke to her. She blinked a couple times and seemed a bit stunned at first, not replying for a moment, her mind slowly coming back to planet earth. "Well, I am an alien, from planet Mars actually." She attempted to be humorous, a sleepy smile on her face again, but seemed to give up on it rather quickly. "I actually only know your name, really. I'm Eliaus. You can call me... whatever the Hell you want to really." Again her light smile appeared on her face as, once again, she tried to be a bit humorous. "Uh... I'm project Nyx..." She was following him, it just seemed natural since she was talking to him, although she got the idea when he began to further shed layers and turned her back to him. His last question didn't quite click for her. "Um... what do you mean by, how this is going to go?" She asked, not really caring that it was a rather stupid question, or she figured it was at least.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Company:Nik and Sparrow
Mood:Tired
Thoughts:Would it be weird if I took a nap on Nik's bed...?

High-functioning Duck

User Image

tab
tab
tab
tab
tab
tab
tab
User Image
                                                                      It was the first time someone had actually answered the question. Scientists always directed her towards something else, guards ignored her or escorted her back to her room. Lilly didn't know why people refused to tell her things. It was true, lots of things confused her and even as Annick spoke, Lilly failed to grasp the full meaning. A large island, the winged girl couldn't even fathom something larger than the island they were on. It was all she had ever seen. Imagination was among the many things that did not come easily to her. It was as though the ability to create something she'd never seen had been switched off in her brain, like a light switch flicked to the dark side. Lilly had often wondered where the soldiers came from. They weren't made on the island, like the projects were. Apparently they came from across the sea. Did they have projects there too?

Lilly gazed in contemplative silence over the edge of the skyscraper. Asking questions only ever bloomed even more. Nothing made sense, the haze of confusion only ever seemed to thicken the more she learned. Lilly sighed and rested her arms on the railing. She closed her eyes against the sun, taking in the warmth that spread through her pale cheeks. Dr. La Fuerve never let her outside for too long. She said it would hurt her skin or addle her brains. Lilly knew her brains were already addled. She wasn't stupid, though the doctor seemed to think so. Lots of people did. The sound of Alastair's strange song grabbed Lilly's attention and the blonde's eyes fluttered open to drift in his direction. It was a strange sort of song. Not like anything Lilly had ever heard. Then again, Lilly's exposure to music was limited. It came only in the controlled form of what the scientists gave to her. It was always the same, soft and lilting with no words. It was meant to soothe her, but most of the time Lilly was already quite docile.

When Alastair's voice drifted to silence, Lilly pulled herself away from the edge and moved dream-like to the fountain. "Sing another." The strange, low tune had sparked something within her. The gentle knitting of Lilly's brows was enough of a sign that the haze was clearing, if only barely. Something tugged at the corners of her mind. She moved to kneel by Alastair's feet, the soft spray of the fountain collecting on her cheek though she did not move to brush it away. With clouded eyes she clawed desperately at the clearing fog. Something stirred within, a ghost of a memory. She couldn't recall a face or a name or a sound, but she remembered a feeling. The only sign of her strange mental battle was her gently knit brow and an even farther away look to her eye.

A moment passed and so did the fleeting memory, like feeling a soft touch on your shoulder only to turn and find there was no one there. Lilly's face relaxed, but looked no less lost. "Gone, gone, gone." she whispered over and over until her voice faded to nothing. Icy eyes flickered over to a nearby flower were a monarch butterfly had landed, its wings flapping gently in the breeze. "You know many songs?" Lilly asked idly without shifting her gaze. Perhaps other people could remember things and she could not because she didn't know any. Thoughts like that often entered her mind. Explanations as to why it seemed she was the only one like...this. They changed from day to day and never did Lilly remember a single one as nothing ever seemed to be the answer. No one would say. Lilly couldn't guess, and it drove her further into insanity to think that perhaps there was no reason at all. Maybe her mind had just floated away on the breeze like a butterfly.

follower of triple moons

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff