Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Explorer

User Image

Moretti || DeLuca || OOC

User Image

Past

The 1920's were glorious. Speakeasies filled the Underground of nearly every major city in the United States. Chicago, IL was one of these notorious gangster-ridden, party havens. And dominating the mob scene were the Moretti and De Luca families. For generations before migrating from Italy to this country, the two families feuded like the Capulets and Montagues. And once they came to America, the two families found great success in forming businesses in the Underground. Why they moved to the same city is most likely a coincidence--or so the families like to tell it. Really, it was rumored that both families were feeding off each other's businesses. Healthy competition divided the Underground into territories that still exist today.

When the Great Depression hit, their businesses fell, and both gang leaders decided to form an alliance, putting behind them years of their ancestors feuds. For the next twenty years or so, the two families worked to build a joint empire. But when the youngest Moretti boy at the time was found dead, their leader--the boy's father--assumed without question that the De Luca's were responsible. He hadn't even pushed for an investigation. Old man Moretti simply returned the favor, having De Luca's youngest son killed. And so the feud resumed and each gang took back their original territories.

As it turns out, the Moretti boy who was killed died because of being at the wrong place at the wrong time. It was just some crazy b*****d with a gun, a serial killer who has long since been caught. And had Old man Moretti been less blinded by their families' history and his own arrogance, the family wouldn't be fighting this battle today.

Years of war cause bloodshed and heartache for both families, dwindling their numbers and shortening their bloodlines. Each gang had to eventually hire more and more outside members, considering their weren't enough people to keep the businesses in their families. And today, all that remains of each family is two generations, small ones at that.

Present

The elder generation is too old to run the businesses now, so the youngest generation has to carry on. What's left on Moretti's side is a man and woman and their only son (his brother died recently) as well as the man's sister and her son (his father abandoned him). As for De Luca, they have one man--drunk and useless, even if he is retired (his wife died young). And taking on his legacy is his two daughters.

Will this blood feud bring a permanent end to both families? Or will one end up the victor? Was all of this worth it? Will the families give up their fighting once and for all?
                                    And will all of their sins be forgiven?

Romantic Explorer

User Image

User Image

Basic

Follow the ToS.
                                    Keep it PG-17.
                                    If things get all "bow-chica-bow-wow" then please time skip.
                                    Cursing is allowed but don't go nuts. It ruins the flow of a post and makes your character sound dumb.
                                    No killing people without telling me or auto-hitting.
                                    No God-Modding. I am Queen of this roleplay.
                                    Have fun (:

Reserves & Profiles

Do not alter my layouts.
                                    Send Reserves first and only after I've accepted them can you send Profiles.
                                    Title Reserves: Sleeping with the fishes.
                                    Title Profiles: My job is...complicated.
                                    Send Profiles with in 24 hours after I've accepted your Reserve or I won't accept you.
                                    Since there are specific roles, I'll only allow a max of two characters but I would prefer you to have one boy and one girl, unless you want to play two guys. It's only to balance things out since filling male roles are hard.

Literacy & Posting

Semi-Literate to Literate. That means grammar is important but I'll excuse a few small mistakes.
                                    Give me at least two meaty paragraphs.
                                    A paragraph is 6-8 sentences.
                                    Dialogue reads "Like this" and thoughts look Like this.
                                    Pretty posts aren't required but I like to see them.
                                    Try not to use colors I that are hard to see like: yellow/khaki/greenyellow/lawngreen/chartreuse/azure/aliceblue/lightcyan/cyan/lavender
                                    Post at least twice a week. Unless you have a good excuse for not posting, I will kick you out.

Romantic Explorer

User Image

User Image

(Specialize in drug trafficking & prostitution.)

User Image Antonio Michael Moretti The Mob Prince : He and his cousin are the last of the Moretti line, but he is older so his birthright gives him precedence over The Lieutenant. He has known The Theif for a long time. She and him are best friends but lately it seems as though he's fallen for her. And now he will do whatever he can to keep her safe, because the De Lucas could use her against him. It is the main reason that could force him to keep his feelings a secret from the one girl he's ever loved. fallin4dance

User Image Jacob Thomas Moretti The Lieutenant : He and his cousin The Mob Prince are the last chance for the Morettis to end the war. Because of this, he could never tell anyone, not even his best friend The Hacker, that he is in a relationship with The Second-In-Command of the De Luca gang. He met her by pure chance at a bar one night. But it didn't end in a one-night stand and eventually the couple revealed their line of work to each other and lo and behold, they are on enemy sides. DeathAngelLe

User Image Alexandra Jade DeCarte The Thief : She has been best friends with The Mob Prince ever since they were little. In fact, she is considered on of the family by his parents. Especially since she has none, hers were killed in a car accident when she was barely old enough to walk. If it weren't for her Grandmother, she would've ended up in an orphanage, and for that she is thankful. Lately she's noticed that things between her and her best friend have been getting tense. And she thinks he's trying to shut her out. He gives her mixed signals, and she doesn't know how he feels about her anymore. XoEvil_AngelXo

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Samuel Johnathan Patrick The Hacker: He's a very smart kid. Sometimes too smart for his own good. Like playing for two teams as this undercover is apt to do. As a friend of the lieutenant he found himself a job, or at least that's what everyone thinks; really he works for the FBI. But things start to conflict when he finds himself in the upper echelon of the Moretti gang, where he's become good friends with The Weapons Expert. But he's so wrapped up in his work that he doesn't realize when he flirts with her or when she starts to have feelings for him. Sure, he likes her as a friend but he's not sure how he feels other than that. TDA_Romeo

User Image Cynthia Leigh Doyle The Weapons Expert : She and The Hacker have been friends for quite some time. Now she's found herself looking at him more than she should and tries to ignore the feelings she has for him, but can't. It doesn't help with the mixed signals he keeps sending her. Yet at the same time, she loves what she does and the job is all she's known.
                                    open

Romantic Explorer

User Image

User Image

(Specialize in arms dealing & drug trafficking.)

User Image Rosabella Serafina DeLuca The Mob Princess (F) : (27-28 ) She is the eldest daughter of the De Luca family. She and her sister The Second in Command are the last of the De Lucas. Because once their married, there goes the De Luca name. But maybe she can end this war before her family line disappears. She and The Toymaker have the same interests. Weaponry of all kinds and causing people pain. This similar taste has brought them together in a fling. They've become lovers, but neither of the two considers themselves in a relationship. In other words, they feel free to see other people. f a l l i n 4 d a n c e

User Image Alessandra Ravenna DeLuca The Second in Command : She's The Mob Princess's little sister. Though she's younger than her sister and is forced to be second to her, she basically runs the gang as if she were the leader. After all, her sister is reckless and wrapped up in her own relationship that she doesn't seem to care about the little things that make the business function. It's a shame that she's fallen in love with a Moretti. She could never tell her sister this; it would be the ultimate betrayal. But The Lieutenant is just the sweetest man she's ever met. He loves her and she feels the same. XoEvil_AngelXo

User Image Keither Aram Arjana The Hit Man (M): (25-28 )He does his job well and carries on a considerably calm nature. Maybe that's why he has no problem killing people on command without breaking a sweat. Though there was one murder that haunts him to this day. He killed a man without realizing that the man's little girl was in the room. She looked up at him crying, and he'd left without a word. Though he could never tell anyone. A few times, he considered telling The Techy, since the two of them are friends and she would be smart enough not to tell anyone, but lately she's been acting strange around him, almost like she wants to keep their conversations short and business-like. He's starting to wonder where his quirky friend has gone.
                                    Asbloodrunscold

User Image Mary-Jane Gwendolen Harper The Techy: She's shy, as most kids are when your life is on the computer and you work for the mafia. It's hard to make friends in that kind of business and she doesn't mind. But there is one person she wishes would notice her. And that's the Hit Man. It's easy enough for her to hide her feelings since she keeps to herself anyway, but she hopes he doesn't notice how weird she acts around him--weird even for her, and that's saying something. Thank God she's got her best friend The Second-in-command to help her try and get over her crush. Deathangelle

User Image Damien Michael Carthage The Toymaker (M) : (26-28 ) When it comes to weapons, he's your guy. He also likes to use those weapons for...certain adventurous purposes that are very taboo to most people. But his lover The Mob Princess seems to like his methods. He finds her to be so sexy and intriguing that being with her is like a drug for him. Though he knows she wants to feel free to be with certain people, he doesn't really feel the same. Sure, he'll tell her what she wants to hear and let her feel free to be with other guys, but it's not enough for him. But he doesn't know if he should tell her to commit to him, since it could mean losing her for good. And then there is the small issue of betrayal to account to. Because all is not as it seems with him. An undercover cop for the Chicago Police, the toymaker's excellent skills being used, not just with his weapons, but with his own boss. Because loving her could lose him everything. TDA_Romeo

Romantic Explorer

User Image

User Image

Explained

The Mob Prince (M) & The Mob Princess (F) : They are the leaders of their respective gangs. They run things and everyone answers to them, no matter how well or how poorly they may do that job. They make big business decisions and rarely get their hands dirty, unless they want to.

The Lieutenant (M) & The Second in Command (F) : They are related to the leaders in one way or another and so that's why their birthright is to be in a position to be a leader if need be. They do the more hands-on tasks of the business. Take inventory, keep everyone in line for their leaders. They report major changes or decisions to their higher-ups as well. Sometimes they may feel like they should be running things, but they know it would be wrong to break the hierarchy.

The Theif (F) & The Hit Man (M) : Their job description is self-explanatory. Point and shoot. But they've built a kind of hard shell. A mask to fool people into believing that their job doesn't bother them. That each kill doesn't come back to haunt them--some more than others but that's not all. Not only are they assassins but they're also spies. They work alone normally and try to dig up dirt on their rivals. Their jobs involve undercover work sometimes in order to gain Intel on suppliers, business "partners", etc. They also use their stealth to steal more than just information if they need to.

ϟ The Hacker (M) & The Techy (F) : Computers are their job. They spend time in an office with large screens and most likely junk food to keep them company as they spend hours upon hours cracking codes and working algorithms into a system to hack into the main-frames of their enemies computers to gain valuable information. It looks easy, but one wrong move, one mistake in covering their technological tracks and they could end up getting hacked themselves.

The Weapons Expert (F) & The Toymaker (M) : Their specialty is weaponry and torture. They find pleasure in bringing pain to their enemies. They know how to create new and special weapons of both legal and illegal variety (mostly illegal). And they know how to use each and every one of them. Sometimes when commanded to, they have to sell their babies to other investors so the gangs they work for don't go broke simply creating weapons for themselves. Sharing isn't fun but it has to be done. Hmmm, how sad.

Romantic Explorer

User Image

User Image

Reserve

[imgleft]100x100 image[/imgleft] [b]FirstName MiddleName LastName[/b]
                                          [u]Role[/u]
                                          [i]Username[/i]

links to show your posting quality

[align=center][img] image code here, 300x500 please or I’ll tell you to resize [/img][/align]
                                          [align=center][img] 100x100 icon [/img][color=white]xxx[/color][img] 100x100 icon [/img][color=white]xxx[/color][img] 100x100 icon [/img][/align]
                                          [align=center][img] paste the banner I gave you with your role here [/img][/align]

[align=left][b][size=18][color=gray]The Basics[/color][/size][/b][/align]

[align=left][size=18]☞[/size] [size=11][color=postcolor1]My mother named me :[/color] [color=postcolor2]First Middle Last[/color][/size]

[align=left][size=18]☞[/size] [size=11][color=postcolor1]But I prefer :[/color] [color=postcolor2]a nickname or nicknames for your character; if none put none[/color][/size]

[align=left][size=18]☞[/size] [size=11][color=postcolor1]I came into this world on :[/color] [color=postcolor2]their birth date; Month Day Year[/color][/size]

[align=left][size=18]☞[/size] [size=11][color=postcolor1]So if your bad at math, that means I’m :[/color] [color=postcolor2]how old they are, spelled out[/color][/size]

[align=left][size=18]☞[/size] [size=11][color=postcolor1]If you can’t tell, I’m a :[/color] [color=postcolor2]their gender[/color][/size]

[align=left][b][size=18][color=gray]I’m proud of my looks[/color][/size][/b][/align]

[align=left][size=18]☞[/size] [size=11][color=postcolor1]Naturally, my hair is :[/color] [color=postcolor2]the color they were born with[/color][/size]

[align=left][size=18]☞[/size] [size=11][color=postcolor1]But to most people it looks :[/color] [color=postcolor2]Note, this is only if your character dyes their hair or if they shave their head. If it doesn’t apply to your character, just delete this category. [/color][/size]

[align=left][size=18]☞[/size] [size=11][color=postcolor1]My eye color is :[/color] [color=postcolor2]eye color[/color][/size]

[align=left][size=18]☞[/size] [size=11][color=postcolor1]I have a few things that set me apart from everyone :[/color] [color=postcolor2]Any piercings, moles, scars, freckles, tattoos, etc. If none just put none.[/color][/size]

[align=left][size=18]☞[/size] [size=11][color=postcolor1]Chest size :[/color] [color=postcolor2]females only; i’m talking bra size like 34 B. Please look at your actress/model and try to be accurate. for guys, just erase the category or leave it blank and i’ll erase it for you[/color][/size]

[align=left][size=18]☞[/size] [size=11][color=postcolor1]I’m about this tall :[/color] [color=postcolor2]their height in feet and inches, even if it’s an even height, put zero inches. like if their height is five foot even then put 5’0”; be accurate with this. for example, Nina Dobrev is tall for a girl so I’d put 5’7”.[/color][/size]

[align=left][size=18]☞[/size] [size=11][color=postcolor1]I weigh :[/color] [color=postcolor2]their weight in pounds; be realistic with this too, look at the model you chose and either look up their weight or guess something close. again, for example, Nina Dobrev is thin but tall so I’d put 120 lbs[/color][/size]

[align=left][b][size=18][color=gray]Now we’re getting into the personal stuff[/color][/size][/b][/align]

[align=left][size=18]☞[/size] [size=11][color=postcolor1]I’m attracted to :[/color] [color=postcolor2]what gender they’re attracted to so either male, female, or both genders[/color][/size]

[align=left][size=18]☞[/size] [size=11][color=postcolor1]My favorite things are :[/color]
                                          [size=18]✔[/size] [color=postcolor2][/color]
                                          [size=18]✔[/size] [color=postcolor2][/color][/size]

[align=left][size=18]☞[/size] [size=11][color=postcolor1]But I hate these things :[/color]
                                          [size=18]✘[/size] [color=postcolor2][/color]
                                          [size=18]✘[/size] [color=postcolor2][/color][/size]

[align=left][size=18]☞[/size] [size=11][color=postcolor1]This is how I am most of the time :[/color] [color=postcolor2]their personality[/color][/size]

[align=left][size=18]☞[/size] [size=11][color=postcolor1]Finally, my life story :[/color] [color=postcolor2]a short 2-4 paragraph bio[/color][/size]

[align=right][size=11]My gun is painted [color=postcolor1] postcolor1 [/color][/size][/align]

Romantic Explorer

User Image

User Image

Day of the Week

Sunday | Monday | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday | Saturday

Month

January | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December

Date

01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31

Season

Spring | Summer | Fall | Winter

Weather

Sunny | Cloudy | Windy | Drizzly | Rainy | Stormy | Lightly Snowing | Hot | Warm | Mild | Chilly | Freezing xxxTemperature is @ 24 degrees.

Time of day

Morning | Afternoon | Evening | Night

Specifically...

01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12

AM | PM

What's Happening
                                          Alex and Aless are both home safe and sound.
                                          The Moretti's are just sitting down to dinner while Aless and Rosa are spending some quality time together while waiting for Damien to get back.
                                          Damien has successfully taken back two of the weapon's compartments while the other four are on their way to Boston.
                                          Christmas Eve is 2 days away and Christmas is 3 days away.

Romantic Explorer

Romantic Explorer

Romantic Explorer

Romantic Explorer

Romantic Explorer

Romantic Explorer

Romantic Explorer

Romantic Explorer

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff