Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Friend

[Title] X [Intro] X [Plot] X [Rules] X [Profiles] X [Banners] X [Open]

User Image
Created By: ChocoxHearts

Friendly Friend

"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory." - General George S. Patton 」

Friendly Friend

World War 2 was one of the bloodiest conflicts to ever take place on the planet Earth. Over 60 million died (around 2.5% of the world's population). But every man and woman who was involved in the war, held a story of their own. Soldiers, civilians, and resistance fighters all have a story that is unique to them. Their experiences, their emotions, and their actions all played a part in one of the greatest points of history.

Whose story will you tell?

This roleplay begins on the momentous D-Day in which allied forces stormed the beaches of Normandy in what was to be known as one of the largest flawed victories of the war.

Friendly Friend

RP Rules:
⎡00⎦: Please follow GaiaOnline's Terms of Service.
⎡01⎦: I (ChocoxHearts) am the sole moderator of the RP and what I say, goes.
⎡02⎦: Do not God Mode, Auto-Hit, Aim-Bot, or anything of the sort on another PC unless you have explicit permission from myself or the affected person(s).
⎡03⎦: This RP is rated PG-16 so swearing, violence, and romance are allowed but do no sexual interactions. Implications are ok, but no explicit detail, please.
⎡04⎦: I expect for this RP to at least be semi-literate; Do not use asterisks for actions or thoughts. Please use quotation marks for "dialogue" and italics for thoughts.
⎡05⎦: If you wish to speak Out Of Character (OOC), please provide an OOC section in your post or use double parenthesis/brackets "(( ))" "[[ ]]" or post in the OOC thread which will be linked in a later section.
⎡06⎦: I ask that you please write a full six sentence paragraph, at least. I understand writer's block, but even so, one paragraph is not a lot.
⎡07⎦: I will only be accepting a limited amount of characters for this RP.
⎡08⎦: I hold the right to accept or deny anyone. If I choose to deny you, I will give you an explanation as to why.
⎡09⎦: I can and will add or change rules later on.
⎡10⎦: Have fun.
⎡11⎦: Please send me your profile in a PM titled, 'Patton'.

Friendly Friend

User Image

Reserves:

My name is: Full Name All Caps from: Hometown (City, State).
I am a(n): (Country) Soldier, (Country) Resistance Fighter, (Country) Civilian, etc..

[size=11]My name is: [b][u]Full Name All Caps[/u][/b] from: [b][u]Hometown (City, State)[/u][/b].
I am a(n): [b][u](Country) Soldier, (Country) Resistance Fighter, (Country) Civilian, etc.[/u][/b].[/size]

Full Profile:

User ImageMy name is: Full Name All Caps from: Hometown (City, State).
I am a(n): (Country) Soldier, (Country) Resistance Fighter, (Country) Civilian, etc. who used to be a(n): Occupation Back Home.
My birthday is: Date Of Birth which means I'm: Age Spelled Out.
I'm really good with/at: List your skills but not so great with/at: Things your character is not skilled in.
Most people describe me as: Describe your character's personality.
My story is: Short Bio About How You Ended Up Where You Are.
I speak: List Known Languages.
Things I carry: List Of Equipment.
I am controlled by: Username Here

[imgleft]Insert 150x150 Character Picture Here[/imgleft][size=11]My name is: [b][u]Full Name All Caps[/u][/b] from: [b][u]Hometown (City, State)[/u][/b].
I am a(n): [b][u](Country) Soldier, (Country) Resistance Fighter, (Country) Civilian, etc.[/u][/b] who used to be a(n): [b][u]Occupation Back Home[/u][/b].
My birthday is: [b][u]Date Of Birth[/u][/b] which means I'm: [b][u]Age Spelled Out[/u][/b].
I'm really good with/at: [b][u]List your skills[/u][/b] but not so great with/at: [b][u]Things your character is not skilled in[/u][/b].
Most people describe me as: [b][u]Describe your character's personality[/u][/b].
My story is: [b][u]Short Bio About How You Ended Up Where You Are[/u][/b].
I speak: [b][u]List Known Languages[/u][/b].
Things I carry: [b][u]List Of Equipment[/u][/b].
I am controlled by: [b][u]Username Here[/u][/b]
[/size]

User ImageMy name is: CHLOÉ TOLBERT from: Rennes, France.
I am a(n): French Resistance Fighter who used to be a(n): Seamstress.
My birthday is: May 3rd, 1920 which means I'm: Twenty-Four.
I'm really good with/at: Sewing and mending clothes, hiding, doing what needs to be done, and surviving but not so great with/at: Physical tasks, shooting, fighting, letting things go..
Most people describe me as: Caring, strong, hardworking, and motherly..
My story is: After the initial bombings on Rennes from German forces, Chloé knew that she could ignore the war no longer. She grabbed her things and fled the city before German troops occupied the town the next day. She'd managed to leave alongside some friends and family, but a few unfortunate run-ins with German patrols led to their deaths. Along the way to Caen, Chloé managed to gain possession of a Kar98K rifle. She's not the best shot, but it's better than nothing. As she grew nearer to Caen she saw more and more German troops making their way to the coastline for what she could only hope was the Americans finally coming to help. Eager to meet with them, she makes her way to the beach to rendezvous with them, unbeknownst of what awaits her..
I speak: French, German, and English..
Things I carry: Pocket sewing kit, Kar98K rifle, a few clips of ammunition, a canteen, and 3 cigarettes. .
I am controlled by: ChocoxHearts

User ImageMy name is: LOUIE MCDONALD from: Columbus, Ohio.
I am a(n): United States Soldier who used to be a(n): Medical Assistant, like a nurse.
My birthday is: August 19th, 1922 which means I'm: Twenty-two.
I'm really good with/at: Falling in line, listening, sneaking around, and working under pressure but not so great with/at: Shooting guns, bedside manner, lying, and communicating often.
Most people describe me as: Quiet, timid, but a generally outstanding worker when it comes down to it.
My story is: The Japs attacked Pearl Harbor and the country was asking for blood... My buddies joined and since I was working in the medical field I was sought out for my age and usefulness to the Army. I didn't really join because I wanted to fight but I wanted to help. Whether it be friend or foe, it's my creed as a United States Medic to help all in need. So maybe I'll make a difference that my buddies are making as infantry... just in my own way I guess.
I speak: None.
Things I carry: A bible in my chest pocket and a rucksack with medical supplies and a stretcher strapped alongside it. An extra pouch slung across my chest with easily accessible medical supplies such as morphine, plasma, and bandages.
I am controlled by: KMackyD

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Uniform
My name is: JAMES O'GALWAY HAZARD from: London, England.
I am a(n): British Paratrooper who used to be a(n): Farmhand.
My birthday is: May 19th which means I'm: Twenty-Five.
I'm really good with/at: Mechanical repair, radio repair, combat veteran but not so great with/at: Reading maps/booksmarts, coping with combat.
Most people describe me as: An outgoing young man early on before being drafted for the military but seeing combat in Africa quickly changed his opinion of life. He can be cold at times but has a warm demeanor and means well..
My story is: After serving a brief stint in Africa, Sgt. Hazard was transferred to the Western Front to finish out his service to England. There was talk that the Sgt volunteered to be transferred out instead of going home but all the rumors were put to rest when the rest of his SAS unit was called up as part of a backup role for the D-Day invasion. .
I speak: English and a little bit of Italian.
Things I carry: Thompson .45 SMG, .38 Webley Revolver, Fairbanks-Sykes Fighting Knife, MK1 Grenades x3, Lewes Anti-Tank Bomb x2. .
I am controlled by: The Westies

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.My name is: MICHAEL K. DEMPSEY from: Roswell, Georgia.
I am a(n): American Paratrooper (506PIR) 101st AB who used to be a(n): Travel Salesman.
My birthday is: April 15th which means I'm: Twenty-One.
I'm really good with/at: Performing under pressure, putting the mission first, understanding his actions. but not so great with/at: Taking orders, habitual smoker and sometimes a little too presumptuous..
Most people describe me as: Lively guy back in the states, never went a day without getting a smile out of someone. His job involved keeping people happy so he became good at it growing up, transferring these skills to his fellow soldiers when he got drafted and sent to boot camp..
My story is: Mike was born into the family salesman business and quickly succeeded in it growing up. Of course he learned from one of the best salesman in 5 counties, his own father and just before the war started he was beginning to learn the business. He accepted his fate when he was drafted and immediately signed up for jump school, hearing stories about the paratroopers and their prowess among the general infantry, soon climbing to the top of his class and achieving the rank of Corporal. .
I speak: English.
Things I carry: M1 Garand, Brass Knuckles Bayonet Knife, M1 Hand Grenade x2, Ammo Sash, Binoculars. .
I am controlled by: The Westies

User ImageMy name is: Cale Matherson from: Sheffield, Britain.
I am a(n): British Soldier who used to be a(n): Engineer.
My birthday is: December 15, 1923 which means I'm: Twenty.
I'm really good with/at: Mechanical repairs, Innovating, Weapons, Learning Quickly but not so great with/at: Sprinting, Understanding others, Following plans.
Most people describe me as: Jumpy, curious, and risky sometimes. Acts differently to various situations.
My story is: Before joining the army, Cale worked in one of Sheffield's facotries producing tanks and firearms for the army. During the Sheffield Blitz attacks around his birthday, the factory he worked at was destroyed and he was shuffled around other factories until he was taken off of the reserved list and drafted. After completing training he was sent.
I speak: English, some German.
Things I carry: Sten MKV, Enfield N°2 Mark I, Mills grenades, PIAT (No ammo), bandolier(7 STEN magazines).
I am controlled by: Phoenix347

Friendly Friend

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/organization-military-roleplay/catch-22-a-world-war-2-rp-u-c-a/t.94737307/][img]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r202/27thhokage/Banner1_zpsd866862d.jpg[/img][/url]

Friendly Friend

「Open」

Friendly Friend

Friendly Friend

User Image
                                    ❥ Chlo é, TOLBERTXXXXXXXXXX
                                    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                        "Vous tenez entre vos mains l'avenir du monde."
                                            "You hold in your hands the future of the world."

"Leg das da drüben!" A German officer yelled at the young soldiers carrying an MG42 machine gun and its bipod to put it somewhere else. Chloé watched from behind the treeline, laying prone to make sure she could not be spotted. Many half-tracks were rolling in, filled with soldiers who looked young enough to be her little brothers. Of course, she already had a younger brother. "Had" being the emphasized word. He'd been shot while running from a German patrol after stealing some food from one of their camps. He'd died only a week ago and the fresh wound had not healed yet. Nevertheless, Chloé knew she could not lose focus. For it was in those moments that people died. As she continued to watch soldiers being transported in along with supplies, she noticed a few crates being hauled off into the town of Caen. It was at this moment that she wished she had some sort of sniper scope or at least a pair of binoculars so that she could see what they were labeled. Unfortunately, from her current position it didn't seem like she was going to get much more out of just laying there and watching. From what she could gather, however, was that if the Americans really were arriving to help the fight in France, the Germans were well aware of it and ready to make sure they never made it off that beach.

Satisfied with all that she'd seen, Chloé slowly and carefully crawled back into the treeline to plan her next move. "Die Amerikaner werden bald hier sein. Beeile dich!" The general's voice carried all the way over to where she sat against a tree. "So the Americans really are coming..." Chloé whispered to herself, her stomach filling with butterflies, anxious to meet with them. Suddenly she heard the snapping of a twig and the sounds of boots on grass. Chloé's eyes widened, and she quickly grabbed her rifle, pointing it out in the direction of Caen and the German forces. The footsteps ceased just beyond the shrubbery at the edge of the trees and the sound of running water filled the air. Chloé held her breath as the German soldier relieved himself. Her hand slid along the side of the rifle and she gently placed a hand on the bolt. Just as she was about to c**k the rifle, she heard the stream stop and then the German soldier walking away. When she could no longer hear the sounds of footsteps, she let out a sight of relief and quickly slung the rifle over her shoulder. It was as good a time as any to get moving before more soldiers felt the need to go as well.

2,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Informer 100
User Image

MCDONALD, Louie
1st Infantry Divsion - "Big Red One"
Company E
2nd Battalion
16th Infantry Regiment

User Image

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"1 minute!" The driver of the Higgins landing craft shouted over the revving engine, splashing water and periodic mortar and artillery fire that would land next to the small landing craft. Louie himself was crouched in the back of the landing craft, his shaking hands currently gripping the straps of his rucksack painfully. He was afraid, he didn't exactly want to fight this war, this wasn't what he had expected to come of his life when he was a kid. But here he was, a qualified "Combat Medic" as they would call him. Looking around him he took in the faces of the soldiers that he would potentially be treating. They were like him, something he took solace in, most were young, excluding the few NCOs and COs on his boat. The young ones kept trying to hype themselves up and keep up some form of tough facade while the NCOs and COs looked steady, prepared, and ready to lead their men through the worst.

"Clear the ramp! 30 Seconds!" Came and Louie couldn't stop the pounding in his chest, he himself was terrified.

"Move fast and quick, don't stop moving! Keep plenty of room between everyone, five men together is an opportunity, one is a waste of ammo!" Came the voice of who he recognized as a Captain.

"Keep the sand out of your weapons, I'll see you on the beach!" An NCO this time.

And then the whistle came.

The armored ramp to the Higgins landing craft came down and all hell broke loose on the craft as what he suspected to be German MG42's opened up on the now open front of the craft. People were dropping like flies. "Over the side!" The NCO yelled and proceeded to help Louie over the edge of the craft. Submerging into the water was terrifying with the added gear he had on. Quickly finding footing in the shallow water he pushed his head over the surface of the water and began his trek onto the beach. Bullets whizzed past him as he dealt with the added weight onto his gear from the water that soaked all of his gear.

Finally making it out of the water he made it to cover with multiple other soldiers, where he was finally able to get his own look at the beach. It was covered in bodies. It took him a few seconds to stop his erratic breathing at the sight of so many dead and wounded. He wanted to cower and hide behind the tank trap he was hiding behind but it would only last so long. "Medic!" Was being shouted constantly but fear gripped him as he looked around, a few Higgins were beached, bodies floated in the water, artillery was dropping close or on top of soldier, raining the field with blood and body parts. "Medic!" More desperate cries for help and Louie finally reigned in his fear before looking around once more towards soldiers who were looking over fallen comrades, waving arms to try and get medical help. I can do this, come on they're counting on me...

And like a switch was flipped he stood up, looked towards the closest wounded soldier and dashed off towards him. Landing on his knees next to a soldier who seemed to be missing both legs, he places his index and middle finger together and checked for a pulse, he shook his head towards the soldier looking over his fallen friend. "I'm sorry." Was all he said before he got up and began moving down the beach, his hand holding his helmet on his head that identified him as a medic, he was surely a target for the German guns, but it wouldn't stop him.

"I will aid all those who are needful,
paying no heed to my own desires and wants,
foe and stranger alike,
placing their needs above my own."

Friendly Friend

User Image
                                    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

As Chloé hiked up a hill, she suddenly heard the faint sound of yelling coming from behind her. For a moment, she hesitated as she tried to make out what the voice was saying, but before she could turn to see what was going on, she heard the sound of gunfire and the ground around her suddenly erupted in a hail of bullets. Pure instinct pushed her to sprint up the hill at full speed, praying to God to protect her. As she scampered up to the top, she heard a loud boom from behind her and the ground to her left exploded. She was flung up and over the opposite side of the hill and tumbled down. Her Rifle flew off her shoulder and tumbled beside her while her pocket pouches flared open and their contents sprayed out onto the ground, leaving a trail behind her. As she tumbled, Chloé's adrenaline was pumping and she barely felt the injuries she was developing during the fall.

Once the young woman had ceased to a halt, she curled up in a ball, struggling to breathe. Having the wind knocked out of her was a new experience and one that she wasn't quite enjoying. As the world spun around her, Chloé attempted to move, but was stopped short by sharp pains all over her body. A few moments that felt like hours finally passed and air once again filled her lungs. For a moment she thought she was going to die, but now that she could breathe and the world stopped spinning, Chloé once again became aware of her surroundings.

"Er ging über den Berg! Beeilen Sie sich!"

The voice of the German officer grew closer with every word and Chloé knew she needed to run. As she followed the trail of her belongings up the hill, she saw that her rifle had luckily landed only a few feet from her, her sewing supplies were strewn out near the bottom of the hill, and most importantly of all, a picture of her family lay near the middle of the hill. Chloé grabbed her rifle off the ground and pulled the bolt open. She pulled a clip from her pocket and loaded it into the gun. With the rifle loaded, Chloé made her way up the hill, quickly grabbing what she could along the way to the picture.

"Aufhören ! Legen Sie die Waffe runter!" A German soldier yelled down at her from the top of the hill to drop her rifle, but Chloé wasn't about to give up without a fight. She quickly rose the rifle and fired at the soldier. The shot flew wide, but it was enough to startle the soldier who fired sporadically in her direction and retreated a bit over the hill to gain some cover. Chloé dove for the picture and grabbed it just as the rest of the soldier's squad came over the hill as well. Since the first soldier had already given her a warning, the others began to fire immediately.

With the picture in hand, Chloé turned to run and a shot grazed her right cheek. "Merde!" She cursed as she ducked and dodged as best she could as she ran down the hill.

2,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Informer 100
User Image

MCDONALD, Louie
Company E
2nd Battalion
16th Infantry Regiment

User Image

"Move the ******** off of this beach! Keep pushing!" A NCO yelled out to his men that were rallied together by a grouping of tank traps. And with that they pushed forward deeper onto the beach, braving the hail of gunfire and artillery that was dropping all around them. Louie was amazed by the courage that the people on the beach were showing, even his own as he moved between the casualties that just seemed to never stop coming. Each soldier that landed on the beach seemed willing to brave the hail of gunfire and shrapnel for their country, but more so for the soldier running beside them.

So Louie did his best to keep those soldiers alive and fighting, but listening to the constant cries for peoples parents, god, a medic, or anything was tough to deal with. Because he couldn't get to every one of them, some of the wounded would probably never get medical help before they bled out. And some of the wounds inflicted by the German MG42's and artillery were irreparable with his limited supplies and work environment. So he did what he could and even used his limited supply of morphine to allow soldiers to die somewhat peacefully.

"I can't find the ******** bullet!" One medic yelled to him as his hands dug through the open chest wound of the soldier they were both working on. Louie ignored the medic and just stared at the soldier who was crying out for his parents and begging for morphine to kill the pain. But they couldn't give it to him, he would die anyways from the drop in his blood pressure.

"Stop." Louie said as he pushed the medic away, "He's dead!" He yelled as the screams from the young soldier died, letting the shouts of other wounded men to fill his ears, followed by the shouting of NCOs and COs to move their men out of the killzone and towards the blind spots of the bunkers. The medic in front of Louie cursed after slapping his hands into the dirt, frustrated, Louie understood, he hated how useless he felt out here, most of the casualties he would get to would be too severely injured to help. Without another thought Louie stood off and moved further up the beachhead where the rest of the American troops were making headway in securing the beachhead.

"Bangalores! Clear the shingles!" Louie looked up towards the forward troops, most of them taking cover behind elevated sand that hid them from the MG fire. Noticing their position he moved forward towards them, it was a good place to set up some form of Casualty Collection Point (CCP). "Fire in the hole!" And then he watched as the world in front of the Infantry was blown apart, sand flew through the air, creating defilade on the opposite side of the small sandy bump that the infantry were using. "We're good to go! Advance!" An NCO yelled, and each soldier stood fearlessly and crossed the bump to the other side for cover, advancing towards the bunkers.

Louie made his way up to the small berm just behind the rest of the infantry and began his movement towards more wounded as the Infantry fought their way up the hills of Omaha. Catching up to a group of medics working on a soldier he called out to them, "Hey! Start a CCP on this berm! We need to centralize the wounded! We can't just leave them out on the beach like this!" He yelled at them with a voice he never knew he had, strong, commanding. The medics looked to him and nodded, "Start spreading the information!" He added before dashing off back onto the god forsaken beach to retrieve more wounded soldiers.

Dragging a soldier from the collar of his uniform he watched the hill of the beach containing the German bunkers and could only smile when he watched as the bunker seemed to breathe fire, "They made it." He breathed in relief to himself and he watched as the burning German soldiers inside climbed out of the mouth of the bunker.

"Let em burn!" He heard an NCO yell. He couldn't help but agree, but a part of him wanted to help them, they were the enemy, but it felt wrong. He just trudged forward with the casualty in his hand towards the sandy berm where he could see a mass of casualties lined up to keep them out of enemy sightlines.

"Shermans are preparing to land on the beach Sir!" Louie heard from a radio operator who was sitting with his large radio in his hands, taking cover within the defilade.

"Good, the Second Rangers and First Infantry are clearing bunkers now, we'll have the beach soon enough." Came the reply and Louie couldn't help but sigh in relief. With a beachhead established they'd be able to get more supplies and a better place to keep the casualties.

Omaha was almost in Allied hands.

foe and stranger alike,

Friendly Friend

User Image
                                    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The bullets whizzed past Chloé's ears, every crack of the German guns felt like it would be the last she would ever hear. Her body grew numb and her legs seemed to move on their own. For all she knew she could already be dead and just running down the long tunnel to heaven. Every step seemed to bring her closer to death, yet further from it as well. The sounds of the gunfire died down and the muffled voices of the German soldiers trailed off behind her. How long and how fast had she been running, she didn't know. But definitely enough for the German officer to call off the chase.

When Chloé finally ran to the point where she nearly collapsed, she doubled over and let the rifle slide off her shoulder and onto the ground. She dry heaved for a few moments before finally throwing up onto the ground beneath her. Tears and sweat rolled down her face and she didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Pain began to shoot all through her body and it was now that she realized a bullet had gone clean through her left arm and she possibly had a broken rib. Chloé spat into the small pool of what little food she had eaten that lay beneath her before grabbing her rifle off the ground. Unfortunately the wooden stock of the rifle had cracked a bit, but luckily not enough to take the rifle out of commission completely.

Chloé slung the rifle back over her shoulder and held the wound on her arm as she walked to a tree, placed her back to it, and let used it to help her slide down so she sat with her back against it. She took the rifle from her shoulder and placed it between her thighs, then using only her right arm she opened the bolt, letting the expended shell fly out before pushing the bolt back up and readying the next cartridge to be fired. Chloé then placed the rifle on the ground beside her and proceeded to tear a piece of cloth from the bottom of her coat to make a tourniquet. In a better time her coat would've been a fashion statement, but now it was a means of survival. It kept her warm during the cold nights and even provided a bit of camouflage in some areas. It was interesting how resourceful war made people.

With her wound wrapped and no longer in need of urgent medical attention, Chloé tried to allow herself a moment of comfort away from the fear of German bullets. Unfortunately, comfort would not come. She almost immediately began to break down as she recounted the moments that led to her current situation. Every blast of gunfire echoed in her mind, and the faces of the friends and family she had lost flashed by. Chloé wanted to curl up into a ball and just lose herself in the memories of the times before the war, but there were more urgent matters.

Chloé hadn't noticed the ringing in her ears until sound began to return to her. That's when she heard the artillery fire and general sounds of explosions and gunfire from far off to the North. She stopped for a moment, trying to get her bearings before noticing she was only a couple kilometers from the beach. But if that were true...

She attempted to stand, but a shot of pain stopped her short. Chloé winced but powered on until she was standing. After a short struggle to bend over and grab her rifle once more, she began the trek to the beach where she could only hope the Americans would be victorious and not be met by a recently victorious German army.

2,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Informer 100
User Image

MCDONALD, Louie
Company E
2nd Battalion
16th Infantry Regiment

User Image

They had taken the beach. Sherman Tanks rolled down dirt roads in columns, heading deeper in-land and fresh Infantry were walking through the captured beach head, doing their best to keep their focus off of the mass amount of death that plagued the beach of France. Varied sizes of tents were being constructed to house the radio stations and separate chains of command that were finally allowed on the beach when the bullets had finally stopped flying. Flat bed trucks rode up paved dirt and sand roads to deliver supplies. Omaha was taken. Well if they had taken the beach and beaten the Germans back, why did it feel like they had lost?

Louie sat outside of a large tent that housed uncountable amounts of wounded. He looked to his left and couldn't help but laugh bitterly at the multiple green tents that lined up next to his, probably filled with even more casualties. He brought a cigarette to his mouth but before he could get it there, he couldn't help but stare at his hand that shook uncontrollably. Breaking off his eyes from his hands he quickly brought his mouth to the cigarette and took a long drag, letting the calming of nicotine finally let his body come down from its rush of adrenaline when he had stormed the beach. It helped calm his brewing emotions.

Louie turned his eyes towards the treeline that surrounded the beach and couldn't help but appreciate the beauty of the scenery. It was a nice change from the constant death that surrounded him. "Louie we need you back inside." Louie turned around to see another medic, hands and uniform covered in blood like his, his head peaking out of the tent flaps that housed the wounded. Giving a short nod he dropped his cigarette and walked to the flap of the tent, opening it up to let himself through he was instantly assaulted by the metallic smell of blood. It didn't faze him, at least not yet. He had a job to do.

Louie hated this place, hundreds of casualties crammed together, some treated, some without treatment, and most dying. They were lying down on stretchers, making make-shift cots, elevated on wooden crates that contained various supplies such as ammo and food. These men charged fearlessly into enemy gunfire and the morbid thoughts that they would probably die in this s**t hole invaded Louie's mind. But he held his tongue and went straight to work, putting on plastic gloves, he worked his way to the first patient that didn't have some form of dressing.

"Where are you hurt?" He asked, doing a quick pat down of the soldier in front of him, checking for blood. Turning to look at the head of the soldier he couldn't help the bile that threatened to rise to his throat this time as he stared into the eyes of another lifeless soul. He quickly emptied the contents of his stomach next to the wounded, letting it splash on the dirt floor. Louie moved away from the cot and outside of the tent again, his colleagues looking at him somewhat sympathetically but continued their job. He exited the tent, hand to his mouth as he couldn't stop the tears and sobs that finally seemed to burst from nowhere.

The feeling of his uselessness invaded his mind, his heart clenched and he couldn't choke back a loud sob as he dropped to his knees, bloody gloves coming over to cover his eyes. Why was it that this one finally broke that dam that was building up. He had seen hundreds probably thousands of bodies today, why this one? Another casualty that he wasn't able to get to to even administer some form of treatment or numb the pain of their impending death. His hands felt numb, his knees week and he just wanted to hide under a rock and wish for everything to dissapear.

foe and stranger alike,

Friendly Friend

User Image
                                    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The booming of artillery and the cracking of gunfire seemed to have died down, save a few quick pops here and there. She could only imagine who was on the wrong end of those shots and prayed silently for it to be the Germans being executed for their crimes against humanity. Chloé gripped the wound the cloth on her arm that was now soaked in blood and could feel herself growing faint. The loss of blood being accelerated by her refusal to stop moving meant that the wound had no time to close. If she wasn't in so much pain and her hands weren't so mentally detached from her brain, she would've closed the wound herself with her sewing kit. But unfortunately, the circumstances were not in her favor. The Americans were only a few meters further which meant help was that much closer. If she could only stay awake long enough to break the treeline, she could get medical attention there. Every step felt heavier and heavier, but she pressed on nonetheless.

Chloé slid her hand into her coat pocket and pulled the picture of her family out, gripping it tightly in her left hand. Blood stained the picture and covered her right half and the top half of her mother's body. Their smiling faces became all the more haunting, inviting her to join them in the afterlife. Chloé tore her eyes from the picture, knowing that if she looked any longer that she might just give up and allow herself to fall into the hands of God to carry her to salvation. But she was sure she was put on this Earth for a greater purpose.

She stumbled over the roots of one of the trees and hit the ground, scraping her knees and tearing the right shoulder of her coat. Determined to push on, Chloé forced herself up and began running to the edge of the treeline, tripping over herself the whole way. When she had finally broken through and the green tents were in sight, she let herself fall to the ground. She heard the voices of a few young men who had been moving the bodies of some German soldiers and they yelled to her to drop her weapon. She wasn't looking, but was sure they were pointing their own rifles at her. In her injured state, Chloé slowly let the rifle slid from her shoulder and weakly pushed it about an arms length away, pushing up a mixture of dirt and sand along the way.

Now that she knew the Americans had been victorious at the beach, she was sure she would get the medical attention she needed and allowed herself to relax. She closed her eyes, and tears began to roll from her eyes. A smile grew on her lips and her consciousness slowly began to fade.

"Americans... Americans... Thank you... Thank you..." She repeated over and over again in her groggy state.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff