Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bridget_Bish0p's Sweetheart

Timid Faun

Gemini was beside her self worried. He hadn't called, he hadn't come home, and she hadn't received word from anyone he could have been with. This scared her. She instantly knew what was wrong maybe it was her sisterly intuition that told her so, or a rather insightful gut that she had. Gemini tried to call everyone who would possibly know where her brother could have gone. The more people she had called the more and more worried she became. Where was he..... She prayed that he was not dead in a ditch some where, if he was dead she would want to give him a proper funeral. She swallowed nervously and could almost feel her throat fall into her stomach. She was worried that she would...... Leaning over she threw up. Thankfully there was a trash bin near by. She continued to call people with still no answer. She was now a mess. She had lost all control of her emotions, attempting to get a handle on herself she called Jace. He was her last resort. The male scared her for some reason, she wasn't completely sure why. Gemini dialed his number and put the phone to her ear. When he finally answered she couldn't hold her self back and started balling so much so that Jace could not get a clear answer as to why she was calling. Gemini dropped the phone when she heard Jace say he would be over soon. With a shaky hand she put the phone back on the receiver. Though that was all she could do, it felt as though her legs were taken from under her. She was paralyzed with fear.

It wasn't long before Jace got to the apartment and let himself in. Gemini had told him where the spare key was awhile back in case some thing like this ever happened. Gemini was still on the floor next to the phone when he arrived. She looked up at him before attempting to spit out "Dominic...... He's........ Missing..." She weazed. Jace walked over to her and knelt down, his gold eyes seemed comforting right now and Gem wasn't completely sure why right now. It surprised her a little when Jace pulled her into a big hug and simply held her while she calmed down. By now she was exhausted from all her crying and worrying. Gem then fell asleep in his arms, only to wake up when she heard the phone. Some how she was in her bed. Still in the same clothes as yesterday but she had some how made it to her bedroom. The phone continued to ring. Gem bolted from her bed to the phone. She almost threw up again when she heard her brothers voice, again tears rolled down her face but this time it was because he was okay. So many things had run through her mind last night she sort of felt guilty for thinking them. If course her brother was alive..... He was her super hero had been since they were small. Gem only just noticed that Jace had fallen asleep in Dominic's chair. So he was the one who put her to bed last night. Gemini's attention returned to the phone where her sobbing continued.

As Dominic tried to calm her down over the phone, it worked... Kind of, he should know his sister would not calm down until she saw him. She hung up the phone just as quickly as he did, “Jace you drove right?” She asked he simply nodded. He was a man of few words after all. She took his hand and pulled him out the door locking it behind her. Jace got into the car and waited for her to get in the car before pulling away from the curb. “Lucky’s and step on it. NOW!!!” He ripped down the road and headed to this bar. When Jace pulled down the road Gemini saw her brother and almost jumped out of the car when she saw him. Jace stopped the car and she jumped out and hugged her brother. She simply hugged him. She looked up at him, her eyes were red from her crying, Jace honked the horn telling the two to hurry up and get in the car. Gemini helped her brother up and helped him into the car, into the front seat. She took the back seat. Jace pulled away again and headed back to the apartment. Gemini fell asleep in the back seat again.

-----

Jace looked in the mirror behind at her. “Gemini was worried about you, she has everyone searching for you. She pretty much cried herself to sleep sir.” Jace said. He knew it wasn’t her place but he also knew that Dominic would need to know. Jace simply smiled at him “So what the hell happened, how’d the meeting go?” He asked. Jace wasn’t completely sure if he was over stepping boundaries.

< Still waiting on my layout >

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Oh he was a witty fellow, that one. Camilla was actually disappointed to see him go but she felt that this was certainly not the last she'd seen of the Romanov Don. She slipped the shirt over her shoulders and as she passed by the mirror on her wall she looked at herself wearing the garment and laughed, shaking her head in amusement. "Donnie boy, forgetting you would be quite the challenge to begin with." Today had honestly been one of the more interesting ones she'd had in a good long while. And that was saying something. It wasn't often one had the opportunity to save an enemy crime lord, invite him over, and pass the occasional flirtatious innuendo. All without getting caught. And he'd opened her eyes to a few other things as well. There was no such thing as privacy when dealing with the mafia. She was disturbed by the thought that someone could be listening to her calls but not so much surprised. It was understandable.... wasn't it? She walked over to her phone and picked it up, weighing it in the palm of her hand before hanging it up again and tapping her chin with her index finger. It was nine o clock and yet she wasn't as tired as she ought to. It was only then that she realized how boring it was at home. Not like when she was out and about with the boys. And boys because.... Well most women didn't exactly see eye to eye with her. Something about her persona and her bad mouth. Who knew?

Camilla lay on her couch and turned on the tv, allowing the sounds of america's late night comedies to fill her apartment and smiled every now and then when the echo of the audience's laughter bounced off her walls. It was a nice change of pace rather than the silence that occupied the apartment or the blaring sound of a loud mouth group when other members of the Maretti family were being entertained in her home. Sometimes she questioned if she should just get a cat for company. Not that Nox wasn't enough like a dog to keep her occupied but he was much more like an unwanted stray if anything. She'd grown tired of him and his way of thinking and how pushy he was. They both had strong personalities. Put two and two together and they were bound to collide at one point. More often than not she was the one to win the majority of arguments and with good reason. He needed her. Not the other way around. She was able to match his selfish, mouthy, self confident personality and that's what drove him to her other than the obvious physical attraction. But the more clingy he got the more distant she became and she found that she no longer desired to be around someone who depended so much on what others thought of him nor acted so illogically. He was an act first ask questions later kind of guy. And she was looking for someone who could put together what they wanted to do and figure out how the hell to do it without getting shot up all the time. And whether Nox liked it or not he was just going to have to accept that.

Camilla toyed with the paper with Dominic's number between her finger tips as her eyelids grew heavy. The last thing she could hear before she fell fast asleep was the sound of traffic driving by and the hoots and hollers of men and women exiting the bar down the street. Sweet, sweet music to her ears.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

{Out.Of.Cupcakes:}

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

A
                                                                          fter the confrontation in front of Camilla's apartment Nox had gone back to the bar to drink his rage away. And as usual the boys were still there smoking, talking about women, drinking, and playing pool. Rob was the first to take note of his sour attitude and shook his head in disapproval. "You went over to her place didn't you, ya dumb ********] Rob muttered and twirled his cigarette between his lips as he aimed to take another shot at the pool table. "Someone was in there." Nox said calmly though it was taking every ounce of what little self restraint he had to not try and flip the pool table. "Wait what? You're shitting me...." Rob paused and stood upright, turning towards Nox and giving him his full attention now that it seemed he had something interesting to say. It wasn't that Rob was actually concerned about Nox and that was apparent in the smile he had on his face. But it was strange to hear that Camilla would be so bold as to pull something like that on the pawn. It wasn't out of character, but it was still surprising, at least to Nox. Rob on the other hand, well he knew Nox well enough to know that his constant pestering would only push the woman away. She got around just as much as Nox did, or had before he met Camilla, and she was very much capable of detaching herself from him. Nox had been such a ladies man before and that was because he hadn't wanted anything more from the women he met. Now that he did.... He didn't know how to cope. " I said someone was in her ******** apartment. You got clay jammed tween your ears, s**t face? I was out there waiting for her and some ******** pokes his dumb a** through the blinds like he ain't got a care in the world who sees em. Too far for me to read who it was but sure enough I saw em. When I got up there she made up some s**t about being sick and what not. Said she'd call me tomorrow. Bull."

Rob bust up laughing and resumed his game of pool, yet again shaking his head in disapproval. "Look I get that your up to your knees in teenage angst over this girl but you need to get yourself together and focus on other s**t. What about messing with the Romanovs? You like that don't you? Go raise hell over there if that's what gets all these hormones out of your system and stop acting like such a damn girl. You're making a fool of yourself." Nox was silent before giving a good long sigh. Rob was right. About both suggestions. He needed to man up and do what it was he did best. Problem was that ever since Nox's last encounter with the Romanovs he'd become slightly skittish. He'd gone toe to toe with the Don far too many times and in their last meet up he'd almost lost his life. The Don had a gun to his head and if had felt like every pore in Nox's body was spewing blood as it drenched the back of his clothing. He'd shut his eyes with a smile and did the only thing he thought logical at the time and that was to congratulate the enemy in claiming victory. But with little energy in his body the only thing he'd been capable of doing as a final act was giving the Don a thumbs up. A gesture that meant, 'nice job on both our parts. Good for you.' Something like that.

The next time he'd opened his eyes he found himself laying in a hospital bed with nothing but a smock to cover his naked a** and all kinds of weird s**t hooked up to him. Since then he'd been a little reluctant to go back out. But it was clear now it was having an effect on him and it was only a matter of time before he broke. What better day than today in the wee hours of the morning? "You're right. Hand me that bottle. As soon as day breaks I'm gonna walk the streets of Brooklyn with pep in my step, a bottle in hand, and guns blazing. Lets see the look on those ******** face when they see me come back from the dead, yeah?" He popped the lid off the bottle and took a swig before slamming it in the middle of the pool table just as Rob took another shot. His pool stick slammed through the base of the bottle and the fabric was soaked with alcohol causing the rest of the players to curse and groan.

"Hey, the ******** is wrong with you? Nox you a*****e!"

"Foxy Noxy's pissin himself again."

Nox only laughed and took another bottle off the counter as he head out the door of the bar, leaving Rob and the boys to pay the bill and take care of the damage. He was out for a night of good fun and a morning of warm greetings for the Romanov family. It was time he made his comeback.

{Out.Of.Cupcakes: }

Greedy Gekko

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Dominic hugged his sister tight, despite the pain in his body. When she fell asleep he held her close to him. "I declined a merger and the ********' a*****e sent a hit squad after me. I killed the weasels, but got pretty banged up in the process.." Dominic remembered stumbling down the sidewalk, feeling like he was going to die at any moment. "God must have my back, because he sent an angel to me..." Dominic smiled at the thought of Camilla. "Where I was and who saved me is none of your concern."

Dominic had instructed that they go to the Family Mansion. His father built it when he became rich. He carried his sister inside and set her on a couch. After that he motioned for Jace to come into his office. "I have a feeling Nox is going to stir up some trouble in Brooklyn." Jace knows who Nox is because he had a few run ins with him, himself. "I want you to take Carmine and Gorilla Jimmy with you." Carmine was the best driver in the east coast, and Gorilla Jimmy was a monster of a man. Gorilla Jimmy once pulled a mans head off, without even cutting it.

After Jace had left. Dominic had taken a bath, making sure to take extra care of his stitches. After he had cleaned up and slipped into his pajama's he went to see his mother. When he opened her door she was sitting on the edge of her bed with her arms crossed. "Dominic Romano! You have some explaining to do young man!" His mother was the only person Dominic feared in the entire world. "Mama, the whole situation was messed up, I.." His mother stood up and slapped him. "Do you have any idea how worried I was? I thought you had been killed..." She hugged him tight and kissed him many times on the cheeks. "If I lost my baby boy... Like I lost your father.... I don't know what I would do... Don't worry me so much, Dominic." Dominic hugged his mother tight. "I'm sorry Mama. I will never worry you like this again. I ain't going down easily." His mother pulled away and looked at him sternly. "Correct your filthy grammar. I raised a smart boy, not an illiterate street thug." Dominic rolled his eyes. "I am not going to go down so easily, Ma." She patted his cheek and kissed him again. "Now go wake your sister. You have a lot of explaining to do for her too." Dominic nodded. His mother looked very young and beautiful. Though she was in her mid fifties, she looked 25, no joke. She had no wrinkles, and the only sign of her age, was the silver line through her jet black italian hair. Dominic went downstair and shook his sister. "Gem. Wake your a** up." He shook her harder.

Bridget_Bish0p's Sweetheart

Timid Faun

Jace looked at the road as Dominic spoke. He was going to ask what happened when he told him that the small details like where and who he was with were unimportant. He stopped at the families mansion and followed him to his office once they arrived and when Dominic put Gemini on a couch to let her sleep. He listened to Dominic as he gave him instructions to prevent Nox from doing what ever the hell he was going to do in Brooklyn, clearly Dominic was worried if he asked Jace to bring Carmine and Gorilla Jimmy. Jimmy scared him a little because he was there when he had pulled the man’s head off his shoulders. Jace had a hard time to get it out of his head. Jace left as soon as he finished speaking. He drove off from the Mansion and headed off to collect who he needed to make sure that Nox didn’t cause too much trouble. Jace met up with the two and they ditched the cars that they were all parading in alone and got in a vehicle together. Jace had his swords tuckes in his jacket so that they would be ready if he needed them.

Sure he used a gun but he really preffered to use his swords made it more..... Personal when he removed their heads from their shoulders. The idea made the blonde smirk. He golden eyes gave a soft glint in the light. He was excited. He now needed blood shed. It was something he would strive for if Nox made a scene in town. So far everything was pretty quiet. It was starting to get a little freaky. The three of them were on patrol waiting.... For something, anything to happen. Jace was excited and had a craving for blood, no he didn’t drink it but he enjoyed seeing it run down the blade of his swords and he enjoyed the splatter it made on the pavement or the wall around them. This brought a smirk to his lips. He liked to think of himself as a dangerous man, he truly was. His swords allowed him to be soundless as there was no back fire or sound from a gun being fired. The only gun that he felt would compare was Gemini’s Sniper Rifle. However it was only quiet because it was far away. He started to get lost in thought when he was jolted forward by the car.

what the hell!?” He exclaimed. The driver apologized. “That’s fine perhaps now would be a good time to go on foot we might be less obvious that way.” He suggested. The Driver nodded. “Stay within sight, if you see a signal, a wave with a thumb tucked back behind the hand come get us and run the son of a ----- that is in front of us.” Jace instructed the other nodded and pulled over. Jace and Gorilla got out of the vehicle and started walking. The black car followed them as they walked, a safe enough distance that they would not be associated with one enough but close enough that he could read any signals that Jace might give him. Jace pulled a smoke out of his jacket and put it in his mouth lighting the end and sucking in a nice log drag before releasing it out his nose. He paused and waved at some of the strippers just across the street from him, he would probably join them later. He wasn’t getting any where with Gemini and he knew that Dominic would hang his testicles by a thread if he ever caught him with her.

-------

Gemini curled into her brother when he held her. Her red hair fell around her shoulders softly and covered her body. She wore a simple red jacket and cute little dress, the engraved gold heart locket hung around her neck that Dominic had gotten her a few christmases ago. She treasured it like she treasured her brother and would have minor panic attacks if she misplaced it only to find it some where in the apartment. She made no noise when he placed her on the couch at the mansion. Her dreams were her and her family having a normal thanksgiving dinner together. Around the table, without the fear of being attacked by some outsider. Though the dream quickly changed, it went from happy and joyous to what she knew all to well. Pain, Fear, Death, and Bloodshed lots of it. Gemini started to sweat in her sleep and was not sleeping easy. She would roll and turn and make small grunts as she slept protesting what ever was happening in her mind.

Gemini was brought into her dream. It was nice and calm and relaxing. They were having a normal family dinner. Everything was happy and joyous and it made a smile curl on the others lips, just as quickly had it turned nice a scream echoed out in her mind. She was brought to some what of a reality. All she could hear was the sound of gun fire. It was slaughter. She watched her Father die... Again... She was the one who had found him dead all those years ago. She was still a little scared from the scene. She watched in her dream her Mother, Jace, and her older brother get murdered in front of her. Gemini’s body twisted and turned in her sleep. Her nightmare was becoming more and more realistic. When she tried to yell out, nothing happened all that she could hear was soft muffles, as if her mouth was bound by cloth or a gag of some sort. Gemini tried to yell again. Still it was muffled, she tried to move and her arms were bound behind a chair. In her dream her brother was brought in front of her and her brother was shot in the back of his head, at point blank range. She felt something on her shoulder, it felt like some one was holding her head making her watch. Gemini let out a loud scream in her dream.

Her eyes shot open and she let out a scream. She jolted to a sitting position and held her hand to her chest. She was breathing heavily and her face was plastered with sweat. She looked up at her brother with soft eyes. She wrapped her arms around him. “Don’t ever leave me please” She cried. She trembled in his arms. She sucked in a few deep breaths and collected herself. “I’m sorry.... I had a nightmare... You.... Dad.... Mom... You all got killed.... All I could do was watch.... I wasn’t able to help” She cried to him. She looked up at him quietly. She ran her hand through her hair trying to straighten it out a little. She looked at him with a soft smile. “How are you feeling...?” She asked. She noticed that he was in his sleep wear and was almost a little jealous that she herself wasn’t. She stretched softly upwards and let out a soft yawn. “I am glad your okay big brother.... I don’t know what I would do with out you... I couldn’t run the mafia even if I tried.... I am no where near as strong as you.” she admitted to him.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

I
                                                                          f one were to see Nox now, well they might have thought that he had god damn near lost his mind. He'd drank a good sized bottle of liquor and the bottle hung halfway out of his coat pocket as a gas can and his gun hung from either of his hands. A cigarette drooped from his lips as he walked the streets of Brooklyn and those who bothered to go out at night seemed to watch him warily with both fear and anticipation in their eyes. A few women shouted out for their friends across the street to get inside while shop owners stood in their business doorways so as to prevent him from entering. The gas can in his left hand tipped over just enough to douse the tires and hood of a car parked just outside of a law firm. before he continued on his way, leaving a trail of gasoline as he went along. "Some day you'll come along, the man I love. And he'll be big and strong, the man I love. And when he comes my way I'll do the best to make you stay." He sang Billie Holiday's The Man I Love with a warm and uneasy tone. He could hold his liquor.... Well... Up until now. "Maybe I shall meet him someday. Maybe Monday, maybe now. Still I'll be sure to meet him one day!" Somewhere a little kid could be heard crying in an apartment complex and he had no doubt in his mind there were many watching him from the balconies and peeking through there windows to get a look at the crazed Calihan pawn.

"Maybe Tuesday shall be my NEWSDAY!" He exclaimed and tossed the gas can into a nearby shop window causing the clerk to duck down as glass flew across the customers and shelves. Nox smiled lovingly and looked back at the trail he'd made of gasoline and let out a puff of smoke before pulling his cigarette out from between his lips. "Hellooooo Brooklynnnn!~" Nox dropped his cigarette, still alight, on the trail causing it to flame up. The fire ate up the gasoline all the way to the car that he'd doused and there was an eruption on the street as it imploded. Flames licked the night air as the charred metallic scent wafted through the block and Nox lifted his gun to the air and let fly a cascade of bullets. "Come on boys, lets play a game. I'm ******** bored and I'm just dying to go on a date with the prettiest mother ******** at the god damn ball." Had he been a little less intoxicated he would have cared about subtlety on his part. But he wasn't. And he didn't. "What no takers?" He could hear sirens now and knew it was about time he get a move on. Nox broke into a run and tucked his gun under his coat as he bolted around the corner and worked his way deeper into Brooklyn before he finally stopped in the last place he would have thought to. Prospect Park.

Now Nox wasn't completely ignorant as to what went on in Camilla's head. He knew for a fact she stopped by here four times a week to visit the spot where her cousin Cherie had died. The dumb b***h had gotten involved with one of the Maretti boys and he'd convinced her and Camilla to smuggle some drugs back into Manhattan. She hadn't made it and the end result left Camilla without a cousin, without hope, and without a ******** to give about anything for that matter. She was a wild child from the start of her time in the Maretti family and that's what he adored about her. Nox stared at the park's trees and small pond and went over to lay just along the edge of the water, facing the stars and shooting his gun off every now and then. He knew he had to keep an eye out for the Romano's. It was only a matter of time before they showed up. But why not relax a bit until they caught up with him?

{Out.Of.Cupcakes: }

Greedy Gekko

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Dominic rolled his eyes. "What's with you and Mama thinking I am going to die all the ********' time." Dominic said with a frustrated tone. "Listen baby sister. I am not going anywhere anytime soon. I am going live until I am 150, you just watch." He teased. "Don't even be talking about running the family." Dominic had a stern look on his face. He took his sister's face in each hand and made her look at him. "I want you out of this life. It isn't for you. I want you to get a legitimate job, and find yourself a husband, give me some nieces and nephews." Dominic planted a kiss on her forehead. "Tomorrow I want you to give me your guns." Dominic wouldn't know what to do if she was killed.

After Gemini had went to bed, Dominic went into his office. He was doing paperwork that dealt with the Romano family's legitimate business, Romano Coffee Corp. The best coffee in the world, ranked. It was a multimillion dollar Corporation. It kept the feds off the family's back. He had received a call from a contact in Brooklyn about Nox's mayhem. He was expecting a call from Carmine.

The phone rang, Dominic picked up the phone. "Hello. The guy has gone completely nuts you say? Yeah...... Yeah...... Shoot the ******** if you have to." Dominic thought about Camilla. "Don't kill him. Yeah I ******** mean it. The guy is a moron, he doesn't need to die... Yeah pass the news on to Gorilla and Jace. Yeah, Oh and Carmine? Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT, let Gorilla get at him. Yeah, Bye." Gorilla loved to kill people in the most brutal ways possible. Gorilla wasn't the smartest, but he was loyal, he and Dominic grew up together, Gorilla's father was a leg breaker too. Dominic sighed tiredly and leaned back in his chair. He thought about Camilla. "The ********' things I would do to go a couple rounds with her...." He day dreamed.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

I
                                                                          t was only a matter of time before Nox's gunfire gave him away. A few rounds went off in his direction and the Calahan pawn scrambled to his feet in hopes of avoiding the gunfire. He could see a couple of the Romano family's men with their guns drawn off in the distance and 'Gorilla' was amongst them. He however took to working with his hands rather than a gun and Nox grimaced slightly as the man neared him. Without a second to spare he darted through the park and out the other side, dodging through traffic as cars honked and screeched upon stomping on their breaks. Nox hopped over one and onto the sidewalk just as another hail of gunfire went off and a few stray bullets pinged off a lamp post while others hit smack dab into the side of the car he'd just jumped. He slid down an alley and turned only once to return fire before heading down another busy road. "COME AT ME ********] He called out only to receive another shot fired his way in response. Nox ran around another corner and in an almost hysterical fashion looked around desperately for somewhere to hid or an alleyway to duck into until the men passed. Unfortunately all he could find was a telephone booth pressed tightly along the inner hall of a hotel lobby, barely visible behind the glaring glass that made up the entrance. He slipped through the revolving doors and shoved past a few employees and guests, shoving his gun out of view as he maneuvered into the booth and began dialing the only number he knew would answer at a time like this, as well as the only number he could remember in a drunken stupor. He spun the dial and waited as the phone began to ring for what seemed like a century until there was a light click and he could hear the soft sigh of a woman on the other end.

"Camilla, darling, baby, honey, Imma need you to drive on down to Brooklyn and to the........ Shabby Marks Hotel. I'm in a bit of a tough spot and I know how well you know your way around a place like this. So what do ya say? Borrow a car and come pick me up?......... No no no nothing like that, look lets let bygones be bygones. I promise not to bother you today or tomorrow if you do this teensy favor for me. Hell you don't even have to call tomorrow. Just... pick me up. I'm stuck here and I don't have a ******** worth of money on me so there is no use in trying to get a room here....Yeah? Thanks babe I owe ya one." He didn't wait to hear her smart a** remark in response to his pet names but instead hung up the phone and dust himself off, leaning against the hotel lobby wall with his gun hidden behind his legs. The last thing he needed was to start a panic in a place like this just before his getaway car arrived.

{Out.Of.Cupcakes: Ughhhh short post is short and terribly written. I really had a hard time piecing this one together lol. I'll get a Camilla post out to save the day in the morning when I have the energy.}

Anxious Hunter

3,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image
Bruce Maretti

The metallic click of a latch releasing sounded faintly as the door of a slick black Rolls Royce swung open. Planting one foot firmly against the sidewalk, Bruce Maretti emerged from the vehicle straight onto enemy territory. It had been a smooth ride from Manhattan, despite the inevitable jerks that blare the horn if they are in a hurry to their boring families or dead end jobs. Bruce could not help but feel sympathetic for those who truly have not lived. Bruce, only twenty five years of age, was really living-- or so he thought. His idea of living, other than the expensive tastes a man with a bank roll tends to develop, was drastically different than the average schmuck. Those associated with him are familiar with his ways, his ideas of what it is like to feel alive, and his outright disregard for consequence. A prime example would be the instant he stepped into the heart of Romano territory. The air was sweet, even if it was thick with pollution, because of how taboo it was for him to be there. However, when it comes to the family or Bruce's money, well, nothing was off limits.

Time to ********' collect. He thought to himself as he headed down a slightly crowded sidewalk. With his head slightly tilted forward, he tried to keep from exposing his full face to anyone that would recognize him from the papers or to the obvious threat, a Romano. The shadow cast from the small brim of his fedora seemed to keep the details a blur since he hadn't been flagged down as he trudged passed multiple store fronts.

In a matter of minutes he had arrived at his destination, which was a quaint Italian eatery that rested between a bustling pub and a meat packing shop. Bruce was not concerned if the joint was owned or financed by the opposing bloodline, it was strictly business. The owner had come to Manhattan pleading for a favor to save his business from collapsing. It had been months since the transaction and not a penny repaid.

"Signori! Come stai? Good.. good. I dunno whatcha gonna have to do, but don't let nobody come in here while I'm trynna talk some sense into dis friggin' guy in here.. Maybe you oughta call an ambulance.. Or.. a hearse. Capisci?"

As Bruce came to a halt at the entrance he greeted two police officers, both of which were the type that knew people that knew somebody that did a favor for another guy type of guys. That is usually how it goes in the scheme of things. All they did were smile, nod, and gladly accept the undisclosed amount of paper currency tucked into their breast pockets as Bruce stepped between them into the restaurant. The smell of fresh bread permeated every corner of this place; it was an aroma that reminded Bruce of back home before his Ma died. The least he coulda done was send up a ********' bread basket and olive oil that ********' p***k. Shaking his head in disappointment at the disrespect the owner has shown as he wanders through the empty structure a few minutes before it closes. He could hear shuffling in the back area where the kitchen was located, which was the direction he had set his course. The smooth bottoms of his gleaming ebony dress shoes tapped against the floor beneath him with each stride. Stopping mid-stroll he tilted his head as the chubby Sicilian man emerged, oblivious of Bruce's presence, from the swinging doors of the back room. Without becoming aware of his surroundings the man headed for the marble counter on which the cash register was located. Such a glorious sound it made as the man opened it to collect the day's loot.

"Excuse me, you mind if I hold ah couple of those dollars big guy.. "

The man froze as if he were a deer in headlights. He let out an awkward breath, which was a clear sign of fright and discomfort. Gino, the owner, whipped around quickly only to press his back against the wall like a child shielding their behind from a belt. Bruce used the moment of silence to remove his hat before speaking to the gentleman as courtesy. The side of Bruce's mouth curled up in a devious smirk as he began stepping toward the counter, bouncing arrogantly on his heels almost tauntingly. He placed his fedora on one of the many tables that were scattered about the room en route to Gino

"..Ehhh.. Hiya...uhh. Mr. Marcetti, right? I.. uhh. I don't have all the money.. I mean.. business.. It's been slow, ya know? Here... just take this.. A down payment huh.. Yeah.. that's right.. I promise I'll getcha the money.."

Beads of sweat had seeped through the pores of Gino's forehead in seconds. A nervous laugh escaped as Bruce made his way around the counter. Bruce rubbed his hands over one another as he shook his head once more at the man's excuses and monetary offer. Bruce stopped a little closer than arm's length of Gino when he reached for the dressy handkerchief in his suit pocket. Remaining silent, he brushed the piece of cloth gently over the man's brow to clear the sweat from his forehead before stuffing it in his lying mouth. Bruce's finger tips nearly touched the back of his throat causing a muffled gag. Upon pulling his fingers from Gino's mouth he reared back with his dominant hand only to deliver a punishing cross. The blow broke Gino's center line causing him to topple over. He tried to recover, but only managed to shuffle backwards into the corner. It was in this moment Bruce began to raise his voice.

"Whattya think I'm some kinda push over or somethin' you degenerate p***k?!?!! You make me come down hea' to collect a couple bucks when you coulda picked up the phone and admitted yer just ah piece of s**t.. You coulda told me anything.. to shove my money up my a**.. to ******** myself.. What? Yer aware that this oh so fine establishment is in the middle of Romano territory-- and thought this dumb-a** that you see RIGHT HERE wouldn't step foot across the ********' bridge?! That I wouldn't come down and squeeze your fat neck so hard that pennies come outta yer ears?!"

Bruce had a problem with taking things personal in the heat of the moment. He treated most family affairs, or issues, as if he were the victim of whatever the circumstance. Some say he's a loose cannon while others would say he's passionate, but who knows. Bruce took a deep breath in order to bring him back to his senses. A heavy sigh parted his lips as he exhaled. Believe it or not, he's come a long way in terms of managing his... feelings. Without another word, Bruce began emptying the register. The only sounds were bills being shoved into the silken lined pockets of his slacks and a whimpering Gino. Once the drawer was empty, Bruce slammed it shut. It did not close properly on the first try, nor the second, or third; by the time it came to the fourth he had become frustrated with the contraption. The register found its way off the counter in pieces. It was embarrassing.

Bruce bent down to Gino, who was still cowering in the corner, to retrieve the few bills he had taken from the register initially. Pushing against the tile with his heels, Bruce was once again towering over this scumbag. The room was soon illuminated with a series of white flashes. Loud cracks of gunfire bounced off the walls. In between each trigger pull, the jingle of ejected brass casings broke the silence as they bounced about on the floor. Bruce had pulled the Mauser from his waistband and sunk every round into Gino's chest at point blank range. Sure, he could have shot him in the head, but a strange sense of morality wanted his family to have an open casket.

Bruce lowered the firearm back to his side once the deed was done. He stood in silence amidst the rising haze of gun smoke staring into the glassy eyes of the fallen Gino.

Now, where the ******** is my hat.

((I promise I won't write any more novels.. Just the introductory post! Didn't realize it was gonna be so dang long.))

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Camilla was pissed after getting the call from Nox. She'd been awoken from pleasant and yet unusual dreams involving a certain Romano don and was now dressing for a quick drive into Brooklyn to pick the Calahan pawn up at the designated hotel. She merely threw on a fur coat and the first pair of heelsshe saw over her nightgown and ran down the street to the pub where she knew Nox's friends usually hung out playing pool. Rob, Nox's closest friend was hesitant at first but allowed her the use of his car. A black chrysler which he'd rightly deemed, the perfect storm. Camilla couldn't help but laugh at the thought of what must have been going through his head upon coming up with such a title. The engine purred to life as she twisted the key and pulled out onto the road behind several other cars. All the while she went about making sure she didn't look absolutely atrocious after being interrupted from her sleep. She received several rude honks after being caught slowing her pace while driving to apply another layer of lipstick. However, her efforts were not to look good for Nox. No, she'd moved past him and what little charm he had. She'd grown bored, even.

There was this strange excitement that had not been there when she'd arrived in Brooklyn earlier that day. But now.... well now she simply couldn't contain herself. A smile practically split her face from ear to ear as she recalled the encounter with Dominic and questioned what she should call him for or when. It was odd to think that this conniving, quick witted young woman who seemed to write most men off found the don so intriguing. But what could she say? He had a way with words. And the danger factor implicated in contacting him was enticing as it was. Crossing the bridge into Brooklyn she felt a sense of paranoia though at the thought of someone possibly on her tail tracking her whereabouts. It was a ridiculous notion to believe that Maretti would bother with someone so low on the rank as her but the caution was there nonetheless. And then her mind began to wander back to Nox. What sort of 'situation' had the man gotten himself into that required her of all people to come and pick him up? The most likely scenario was that the man had gotten himself drunk, much like he sounded over the phone, and then waltzed into Romano territory looking for a welcoming party of sorts. Sure enough he'd gotten one. That was evident by the men patrolling the side walks as she neared the hotel Nox had spoken of. It was relatively easy to identify the Romano foot soldiers. Their choice in clothing for one. Some were very sly when hiding their weapons but she knew the reason for those long trench coats. Then there were the few familiar faces she could recognize..... And then........

Bruce? Had she just seen Bruce Maretti in the baker's? She pulled Rob's car to a hault in the middle of the road before using two of her fingers to let out a loud whistle before waving towards the man and giving a sarcastic yet playful salute before driving off. If there was one thing she knew, it was that Bruce's presence meant there was a little bump in the business aspect of the Maretti family. One wouldn't think a man of his importance would waste his time with a baker but Bruce liked to take things to the next level and get more personal than need be. Which was why it was so fun to push his buttons. She hadn't seen him around too often but when she did she liked to go out of her way to give her fair share of witty banter like she did with most men working beneath the Maretti family. Camilla drove up to the Shabby Marks hotel with very little hope of seeing Nox. And after five minutes passed she thought she'd been right to assume he wouldn't show up. But just in case, she got out of the car and wandered into the hotel lobby. Up against one of the phone booths slouched the red haired male fast asleep with his head pressed against the dial. "Wake the ******** up. I don't get to sleep because of your a** then neither do you. What could you have possibly done that made you incapable of calling a ******** cab you dumb ********? Do you have any idea how tired I am?" Nox looked up with a brief startled expression before smiling drunkenly at her as if it was all but a dream. "Hey there doll. Missed you."

"So did I."

There was a click and Camilla could feel the sensation of cold metal against her temple. Romano's men had caught up with them and in Nox's stupor he'd neglected to keep a look out around the area so as to ensure that no one would sneak up on them. But such was the case now. "D-Dammit Nox." She gasped and glared at the red head as another man stepped in front of her and put a gun to his head as well. The hotel's lobby was far to busy for anyone to pay mind to the exchange and it wasn't long before they were being led out of the hotel where another man was waiting for them. "I'm gonna make a quick call and let the boss know we caught the ******** rats. He said something about not killing Nox here. Imma guess for political reasons. But you, little lady. You're lucky. We don't get Maretti's bitches around here often enough and I've been dying to paint the ******** streets red with the blood of a Maretti. Kinda disappointin to see such a pretty face go to waste. But hell, it's New York. No one's one in a million here." Nox burst into a flurry of curses and yells as he was shoved into the back of the car and she began following in suite before the man left holding the gun to her head grabbed her by the wrist and shoved her towards the rear of the car and popped the trunk open. "Ladies first." He said then gave her another shove towards the trunk. "Are you ******** kidding me?!?!? You god damn spineless ********] She received a good blow from his gun as he pistol whipped her across the face, leaving her speechless for the second time that day.

She had no other choice than to climb into the back of the trunk while Nox sat in the back seat and went on yelling about how they couldn't kill her and that Calihan had an allegiance to Maretti. But it was of no help. And so she was left to wait and think of all the ways they'd kill her while their driver made the call to Dominic. And she could only pray that something leaked through that gave him a heads up that she was one of the one's stuck in the god damn car, inside of the trunk. She began to regret not calling him before going into Brooklyn. She could have really used that favor right about now.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Anxious Hunter

3,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image
Bruce Maretti

Quite some time had passed during Bruce's eerie moment of silence with the slain Gino. It almost feels like time stands still after most intimate encounters such as this one. The world began turning again after the silence was broken. Bruce's senses perked up as he heard a powerful whistle shot in his direction. He turned his head slightly to peer over his shoulder through the door.

A smirk spread across his face as he laid eyes upon Camilla. Granted she wasn't bound by blood, but she was a Maretti girl. Everything from her smart mouth to the astonishing charm she posses, made her a natural fit. Bruce popped his lips in an air kiss before the girl pulled away to go about her business. Bruce figured she was going to get mixed up with that Irish boy she'd been hanging around with for quite some time. The brief encounter was refreshing being as they don't see one another around too often. In the event they do cross paths, it is never a dull moment between the booze and s**t talk. However, the girl can have a way about her that could boil a priest's blood. What a doll, that one. Those looks are gonna get her killed.

A heavy sigh parted Bruce's lips as he started to straighten himself up after the collection. Once he discarded the empty magazine of his Mauser off to the side, and replacing it with a new one, the weapon was shoved back into his waistband. He used the backs of his hands to brush off each shoulder as if they had accumulated dust or something. Using his thumb and pointer finger, he tugged on the cuffs of his shirt to get any wrinkles out of his sleeves. After the small round of obsessing over the order of his outfit, he scooped up his fedora from the table as he headed for the door.

I need a fuggin' drink. This jerk off got my blood pressure all high, makin' me raise my voice like that. Piece ah s**t.

He nodded to the two police men outside the door as he parted ways from the Bakery. The thought had crossed his mind to hit the local pub, which was next door, for a stout drink. Hell, if he was a paying customer, would the Romano's and their crew try and get wise with him. He took a moment to debate as he strolled down the sidewalk.

Greedy Gekko

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Dominic had long since put on a suit. It was a very expensive suit, jet black, white silk shirt and a blood red tie, his hair combed back, he looked like a Don. He answered the phone when he heard the annoying metallic ring. "It has been hours, you better have nabbed him..... Good..... Wait.... You think you have Nox's b***h?" Dominic's face went grim. "Listen to me, don't lay a ******** hand on her, you bring both of them straight to me, unharmed. Do I make myself ******** clear!?" He then hung up the phone. "Damnit sweetheart, you need to get a better man." He was referring to Camilla.

When his men arrived, Dominic had ordered that Nox and Camilla be tied to chairs in his basement. Dominic walked down his steps, hearing Nox and his ridiculous temper. Dominic slowly walked in the door, Nox stopped yelling. Camilla eyes him nervously. "Nox.... You come to my turf and raise mayhem? I let you live, I took you to the hospital, I paid the bills." Dominic removed his fedora. Walking slowly up to Nox. "Why were you throwing such a temper tantrum in my borough?" Dominic looked over at Camilla. "Because you can't control your woman?" Dominic leaned in close to Nox's face. "Or because you are pissed because she doesn't want you anymore?" Nox was about to curse at him, but before he could even raise his voice Dominic was punching the living daylights out of him. Dominic was furious and repeatedly struck him, blood splattering everywhere. By the time Dominic was done, Nox was missing teeth, both of his eyes were swollen shut, and blood covered his entire face. He was still alive though. "THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE YOU FILTHY ********' MICK!" He kicked Nox in the face. "Get him out of my sight.... Take him to a hospital.... In the BRONX." Dominic then kneeled down in front of Camilla. "Sorry you had to see that."

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

The drive wasn't exactly what one might call pleasant. If the twists and sharp turns weren't enough to make her ill, the throbbing on the side of her cheek where she'd been struck with the gun was. She reached up and touched it, pulling her hand away as the cut left behind stung beneath her finger tips. She was going to raise more than a little bit of hell if it were to scar and she'd make damn sure the one who gave it to her got his fair share of em too. [******** bastards." She muttered. Just then the car came to a halt and she could hear Nox's voice raise a notch in volume as they lugged him out of the car. It wasn't long before his voice faded away and she could only assume he'd been dragged off to god knows where. She didn't have the best seat in the house but she knew just by how long they'd been driving that there was no way in hell that they'd left Manhattan. Not yet. So where were they? "Hey you ******** pricks let me out before I ******** up the price value on this piece of s**t you call a car-" The trunk was thrown open and a large hand reached in and grabbed her by the upper arm before hauling her out like a rag doll. She let out a cry as the grip tightened and she was yanked along up to a rather incredible looking mansion. "The ******** is this? You gonna give me a last meal at some fancy ******** place? Never knew you Romano's as the compassionate type." She said with a smirk only to be given a swift jerk. "Shut the ******** up." The man hissed in a quiet tone as the driver caught up to them. "Looks like you're going to have an audience with the don, lil lady. I suggest you stop shitting around and show some damn respect. You're in no position to be talkin s**t."

Camilla's face paled and she watched Nox as he was led ahead of her and into the house. The entire way down the stairway and into the basement he kept on cursing and yelling about all the things he was going to do to them and the ways he was going to murder them. But she knew he was bull shitting. They were ********. The both of em. "Nox.... Nox. NOX.... Enough. Just shut up for two god damn seconds." But he didn't. They were led into a darkened room that was dank and cold, shoved into a couple of chairs before their hands were bound tight behind their back. A few minutes passed and the men who'd brought them in stood off to the side of the room. The one who'd struck her fidgeted and watched the door nervously as if anticipating something monstrous to enter. But what did was far more frightening. Dominic's footsteps could be heard long before he actually walked into the room and by that time everyone was filled with an intensity that could shatter glass. She glanced at him cautiously. Seeing him now... in his suit.... on his turf. In this condition with her arms bound and both their lives at risk..... She began to realize just how intimidating the don was. He was just that. A don. And as the situation only got worse it sunk in that he didn't have to care about whether or not she'd saved his life. This was New York and in this city it was eat or be eaten. If he were to take her out he could just as easily be eliminating the possibility of her bringing down his reputation through association should work ever get out she saved his a**. But that was the least on her mind right now. No, right now she was focused on looking everywhere but at Nox as Dominic began bludgeoning the irish man with his bare fists. She could hear the sickening crack of each strike and as she turned the other cheek she felt droplets of Nox's blood splatter against her face.

When all was said and done and Nox was led away she slowly opened her eyes. Her face practically expressionless as she looked up at the don before cracking a nervous smile. "Hey don't worry about it. I've seen worse. Matter of fact I saw this crazy ******** earlier this day walking down the street. Practically oblivious to the fact he was shot up. I took em back to my place but I dunno. He might've been the one that got away. Nice guy. Smart a** if there ever was one. You'd like em." Of course she was referring to him from prior that night but as usual Camilla had a way of wording things into language that was only interpretable by sarcastic assholes and lunatics. "You look good. Nice suit. You had me goin there, I almost didn't recognize you without the shirtless abs and smooth talkin." She joked. As a small period of silence passed she finally had the courage to ask what was really on her mind in that moment. "So..... Is this the part where you propose or am I gonna get what's coming to me too? You better have a ring buddy. Cause I don't go down without a fight I'll tell ya that." It was the politest way she could think of asking whether or not he was going to kill her.

Greedy Gekko

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Dominic trailed his finger across her cut. "You poor thing. I told them not to touch you." He said sympathetically. He smirked at her words, she was frightened of him, and he didn't like it. "Listen sweetheart, I am not going to kill you. But now, we are even." He said with a smirk."I don't have a ring for you, for that I am sorry... Some day though." He winked. He turned around and face the men who brought them in. "Which one of you hit her?" The men looked at each other. Gorilla stepped forward. "It was me sir..." Dominic stepped forward and slapped him hard across the face. Gorilla coward back, Dominic was the only person he would do that to. "I remember giving the specific order not to lay a hand on her." Gorilla gulped. "Sorry sir, I... I got carried away." Dominic nodded. "It's alright. Now say you're sorry to her." Gorilla looked confused. Dominic raised his hand, Gorilla winced. Gorilla walked forward and bowed to Camilla in shame. "I am terribly sorry for what I did, miss. Won't happen again..." Dominic nodded. "Very good, Gorilla. Now go home to your family." Dominic gave Gorilla a fatherly hug before he left.

Dominic had instructed his men to go upstairs. "Soon I will have Carmine take you safely home. Like I said, we are even now." He walked towards her and knelt before her. Took her face in his palms and gave her a sweet kiss on the lips. "That..... Was a bonus." He smiled at her. He went behind her and cut her loose. Then he walked her upstairs. "Carmine, take this young lady home, and then go home yourself, it is late." He stroked her hair behind her ear, and then without a word, walked upstairs to his room.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff