• Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
I think it's Ino to be honest

Fashionable Sex Symbol

7,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
Sakura and Hinata is actually not bad if they show up more often.
It just kinda pissed me off that Sakura was really good vs Sasori and just sucks when Sasuke's there.

Tenten is pretty useless character for me. She's like a female Lee without all those cool taijutsu

Invisible Seeker

Prep for the longness because I just read the whole thread(out of boredom and interest). smile

Ok. In the beginning, before Shippuden, I had a great distaste for Sakura because, to me, she seemed absolutely useless (there were other reasons but that's unrelated and not the main focus of this topic but they may have had a part in why I thought she was useless -kind of a small contradiction there). This was also true for Hinata and Ino. After seeing the Chunin exams, besides the Sakura and Ino tie, I thought they did not do half bad. I thought they weren't so useless. It was not until Shippuden that I started to slightly enjoy Sakura's character. She is not useless because of her Tsunade-ish butt kicking healing and rage strength. I admit she is too sappy for my liking so she is not my favorite character. For Hinata, I expected (I supposed from reading fanfiction and whatnot) that she would no longer be Naruto obsessed (not really sure if she is obsessed but...), I don't think that she is entirely useless. Again, a bit sappy for my liking... Um, Ino is basically the same as them except I don't see her as being as sappy as Sakura and Hinata. I did want to gag when where cut her hair to be like Sakura and "prove" herself. Though using her own hair was a good strategy in her fight. They can be cool with or without their teams, with(maybe, did not see anime) maybe the exception of Ino. Tenten, can't really judge. She hasn't really been explained much and I have not seen much of her. Shizune is a medical ninja, enough said. Kurenai, don't know too much about her so I cannot really judge her usefulness. Karin is pretty cool because she can sense things and if you bite her she can heal you (I absolutely love that ability), definitely not useless..

Ok, now for the guys. For one, Naruto will not be a useless character until he dies and even then, he will live on in peoples' hearts. Sasuke isn't useless. He is pretty much a key factor in what made Naruto what he is today. I don't think that any of the guys from the Konoha 12 are completely useless. They all have their flaws but in the future eventually redeem them. For example, Choji had been frozen at seeing his sensei alive again and was the only one of his team unwilling to fight after Shikamaru and Ino had both agreed to it but later, he went all butterfly Choji and kicked some butt realizing his mistakes. Kankuro is not useless either. He just couldn't get his puppets to defeat Sasori, the puppet master, by himself. Not even Sakura or Chiyo could defeat him alone... Anyway, the smaller side characters were not useless either. Ebisu, I believe, was one of the reasons Naruto had Jaraiya as a master. So they are all useful. xD

Anyway, I would think that the most useless character would be (though he did help Naruto see how much he really needed to improve) the tadpole he summoned while he was training with Jaraiya before (if I remember correctly) finding Tsunade. sweatdrop
ll KakashiFlare ll
I think sakura is pretty useless. Shes the brains but she barley ever fights. I have only ever seen her fight like once against others (not including the chunin exam)

fighting does not equal "useful".

Sakura can fight, but she has a much better task at hand, she is a Medic, I would also like to point out that Shizune is very useful dispite almost never fighting in the show at all.

she saves lifes, helps the Hokage, etc...etc..( and I'm not even talking about Sakura yet...)

well, no point in bringing it up really, however, the statement that lack of fights= useless, is a lie.

and worse, it's a very well USED lie at that. while it has been countered many times, people still seem to act as though fights=usefullness.

if you want to know the best fight with Sakura, her fight with Sasori is the best one. ( Im sure you knew that tho.. emotion_sweatdrop )

not all they characters get to have cool fighting moments, to her credit, I would have kept liking Sakura even if she was just a normal medic without super-powered-fists.

PS, sorry if this comes across as me attacking you in any way, I just find that argument to be counter-productive.

anyway, reply back if you want, just felt like countering that claim. sweatdrop
You can't say any of the characters are useless if they don't have much screen time.

Ruthless Capitalist

12,000 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
Pretty Cure Fire
You can't say any of the characters are useless if they don't have much screen time.

That is incorrect.
Some characters are given a lot of screen time, Gaara, Naruto, and Sasuke.
On the other hand, characters like Hinata, do almost nothing useless in their allotted screen time.

Youkai Moe's Waifu

Cat

II_iMuddy_II
Pretty Cure Fire

That is incorrect.
On the other hand, characters like Hinata, do almost nothing useless in their allotted screen time.

Besides, Aoba's had barely any paneltime, but he's pretty much the whole reason Sasuke left and Kisame died.
Unless he's Tobi ninja
i don't see Hinata as useless... per say, as her byakugan could be helped to find people, she's like Karin, nice to have on a team but can't fight anybody on her own. I'd have to say that the most useless character is either Zetsu, Ino, or maybe Choji..

Intellectual Millionaire

10,550 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
totally shizune. she has medical ninjtsu but when does she use it? and she's such a side character, and lasty all she is, is amessanger for tsunade
The one who only knows how to use 'gatsuga', i don't even remember his name since he's useless. Lol

Ruthless Capitalist

12,000 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
xx Cookie-Boots xx
II_iMuddy_II
Pretty Cure Fire

That is incorrect.

Besides, Aoba's had barely any paneltime, but he's pretty much the whole reason Sasuke left and Kisame died.
Unless he's Tobi ninja

Who is Aoba again?

Youkai Moe's Waifu

Cat

II_iMuddy_II
xx Cookie-Boots xx
II_iMuddy_II
Pretty Cure Fire

That is incorrect.

Unless he's Tobi ninja

Who is Aoba again?
The random guy who accidentally alerted Sasuke about Itachi being in Konoha back in part 1. Kinda set off a chain reaction. xD

Ruthless Capitalist

12,000 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
awin56
i don't see Hinata as useless... per say, as her byakugan could be helped to find people, she's like Karin, nice to have on a team but can't fight anybody on her own. I'd have to say that the most useless character is either Zetsu, Ino, or maybe Choji..

Her Byakugan is not as good as Karin's abilities to track. Furthermore, she can be easily replaced by Hanabi, her sister who is five years younger, but much stronger. Pitiful.
Chouji and Ino are extremely useful, they had save Sakura in the Chumin exams and together defeated Asuma. Not to mention, Chouji and his dad helped Kakashi defeat Pain. Ino on the other hand, can heal others. Medics are extremely important in battle, war, or daily life.
Zetsu has proven his usefulness in many ways. First of all, he is extremely efficient in gathering the dead bodies. Next, he can spy on others without being known. Third, he possess wood abilities, as he was made from Harshima's DNA.
cosplaying is my life
totally shizune. she has medical ninjtsu but when does she use it? and she's such a side character, and lasty all she is, is amessanger for tsunade
In part 1 she saves Neji's life and protects Tsunade from Kabuto....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff