Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Bear

First off, and mainly:

Naruto should NOT have married Hinata. While he is a super strong ninja, he is the PROTAGONIST. Hinata is from a really good family so its like, in the future either his kids inherit the byakugan and are seen as Hyugas totally making Naruto's descendents more Hinata-ized [and Hinata is a one of the most side side characters in the series] OR Naurto's descendants don't get the byakugan/aren't hyugaized and its like Hinata basically was just useless fodder. Basically I feel that it wasn't a good choice based on their roles in the story. Do I think he should have married Sakura? well, maybe more than Hinata since Naruto had liked her too. I honestly would have been fine if it was ambiguous who he married/ didn't marry at all. Does Hinata deserve the man shes's loved, definitely, but I just don't feel it was a good choice :/

However I do appreciate the cleverness with Bolt's name. Bo-ru-to has the ru-to like Naruto, and it continues the whole "Neji means screw" and now Bolt is also a piece of hardware? OH but since it has to do with spiraling things, it kinda is also reminiscent of the uzumaki's sprial! [I actually thought that was a cute idea]

Sai and Ino also should not have happened...or at least not in the way it did... Basically, I like the Sai and Ino thing happening because Ino actually kinda liked Sai. [albeit shallowly for his looks but I'm sure they ended up gettin to know each other more.] HOWEVER since Ino is SUCH an important part of the inoshikacho thing, I DO NOT like how Inojin seemingly takes more after Sai technique wise.

Chouji and Karui Like seriously?? Clearly chouji needs descendants too as he is the Akamichi's head, but this just feels like a last minute "couldn't find anyone else to pair up with him" kinda deal :/ chouji deserves better! His kid DOES seem really bad a** though, but still :/

Sakura: okay so I realize that Sakura really liked Sasuke for a long time, though maybe not in the same way it was for Naruto because she didn't have the power to feel like she could do anything about it. Sakura's feelings definitely mirrored Narutos the entire Series, so GOOD FOR YOU SAKURA GETTING YOUR MAN! HOWEVER the way it played out was TERRIBLE. First off, I honestly felt she was over him, but if she wasn't fine.... BUT STILL: Why is it that your daughter looks like Karin? Why is that your husband, who went through life with out a family, is ALWAYS gone enough for Salad to feel bad about it [maybe we'll find out in The Last?], AND WHY THE ******** ARE YOU NOT THE HEAD OF MEDICINE IN THIS NEW KONOHA?!? WHY WERE YOU SHOWN IN A ******** DOMESTIC/COMIC RELIEF SECTION OF THAT CHAPTER? Sakura TOTALLY could have been shown as like...the chief of medicine or something, I mean, when theres no fighting, ninjas, ninja schools, and even hokages aren't that important, BUT IN A ******** CITY, NEVER MIND ONE THATS SEEMINGLY GROWING EXPONENTIALLY, MEDICINE IS STILL IMPORTANT *ends sakura rant*

Sasuke/Naruto/Sakura For the same reason I felt it was important that no one mess up the lineage of the Ino Shika Chou trio, I feel like the Team 7/ new 3 way dead lock trio ALSO SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN MESSED UP [or interbred] like..if Ino and Chouji got together..that would totally mess up both their clan's deals with genetic inheritance and stuff... same with the 3 way deadlock...

I felt like Sasuke really gave off the vibe that he didn't care for sakura that way, and that sakura was getting over sasuke and becoming AN INDEPENDENT WOMAN WHO DON'T NEED NO MAN [honestly if she needed to be with a guy, I supported the kakashi or Sai x sakura ship over her with sasuke]

I also feel like while, I prefered Naruto/Sakura over Sasuke/Sakura, that it wasn't going to happen because they were just really good friends and I totally respect that. Naruto made his peace and, in the end, I think they both realize they loved Sasuke more than each other.

So Naruto and Sakura wasn't something I expected, and Sasuke and Sakura wasn't something I expceted... what about Naruto and Sasuke??

NARUTO AND SASUKE SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED EITHER This is why I support none of the team inter marrying each other:
Basically, in today's society, people who marry are seen one way and to be honest, its not really all that meaningful a relationship. Imagine if all of team 7 stayed single their entire life and treated each other as the most important people in the world. That kind of makes them SURPASS the idea of spouse and pushes them into something more like 3-way soul mates. I really would have preferred to see something like THAT instead.

[however, second best was Sasuke and Naurto being bachelors and soul mates together and Sakura marrying Sai or something, I really do understand why Kishimoto couldn't have Naruto and Sasuke end up together or overtly state it in his work due to societal pressure. but I support it and I definitely feel he suggested it enough and half-assed chapter 700 enough to make me believe he intended it.]

just my personal thoughts you're welcome to disagree! I know some people relate more to other characters so they may feel differently!

I feel like chapter 698 would have been a fantastic ending making the series end perfectly. While I didn't like all of it, I don't mind chapter 699 because it showed some of Sasuke's thoughts and that was nice too. Chapter 700 seemed...rushed and to be honest, I wouldn't have minded a shorter time skip with more ambiguity on the ships and more specifics on WHAT each character was doing..like...Sakura, you can't just be a house wife; how DID Gaara's hair evolve to...that...?; How WAS it for Kurenai's kid growing up with out his dad?; DID NARUTO EVER BECOME A CHUNIN OR WAS THERE AN EXCEPTION MADE?; WHO ******** LEE?; How did Shikamaru ask Temari out?; and many more questions I feel wont be answered in The Last ):

Profitable Sex Symbol

13,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I'm fine with all of them. Why? Because their kids are either funny, super cute, or hella awesome... *cough ChoCho*
>////>

But yeah, I can understand where you're coming from, because honestly, some of me thinks that Masashi just did these ships to please the mass of shipper fans. But oh well, I'm content with them and I guess I can't complain too much. Being said that, I'm excited about the spin off about the kids, omggg ;__;

Also, yess. There is so much that was left unanswered. I would have liked a chapter that wasn't rushed! I would have loved to see how the couples happened ): like, I wanted to see dates and some development!

Heroic Hero

I'm okay with the NaruHina (favorite pairing), and even alright with the SakuSasu... although yeah he did try to kill her at one point.... but it's a favorite pairing I guess.

But Sai/Ino and Chouji/Karui? Came completely out of nowhere, like what? I guess they just wanted everyone to have kids for the next generation

Friendly Bear

Itachi -ox
I'm fine with all of them. Why? Because their kids are either funny, super cute, or hella awesome... *cough ChoCho*
>////>

But yeah, I can understand where you're coming from, because honestly, some of me thinks that Masashi just did these ships to please the mass of shipper fans. But oh well, I'm content with them and I guess I can't complain too much. Being said that, I'm excited about the spin off about the kids, omggg ;__;

I definitely think that kids have some interesting personalities. And I DO like that Karui's "taking none of that s**t" personality rubbed of on her daughter giving Chouchou the ultimate sass.

I just think that rather than trying to throw the fan base a bunch of new kids to think about, it would have been nice to focus back on the characters we've known and loved and see more of what they were doing. One movie isn't going to do that.

Moreover, just knowing what spouse each person took would have been better alone so that the fan base itself could imagine what their kids would be like. After all, showing is better than just straight telling?

ON ANOTHER TOPIC. whole s**t. YOUR AVI IS SUPER CUTE! nice cosplay! biggrin

Friendly Bear

Bogotanian
I'm okay with the NaruHina (favorite pairing), and even alright with the SakuSasu... although yeah he did try to kill her at one point.... but it's a favorite pairing I guess.

But Sai/Ino and Chouji/Karui? Came completely out of nowhere, like what? I guess they just wanted everyone to have kids for the next generation

I kinda understand Sai/Ino in the sense that Ino kinda really liked hot guys [Sasuke and Sai] and I think that after she realized Sasuke was an a** like the rest of the Konoha gang, she switched to Sai. It was definitely a thing that she liked Sai. So i get that, I just dont like the way their kid was portrayed.

I also don't understand Karui too much either, but at the same time, ALL of the ino shika chou kids HAD to have kids or else their linage would stop and thats a really cool trio they have going there!

Also, as stated, I really didn't support any of team 7 getting with each other, but I understand the need for fan service I guess?

Profitable Sex Symbol

13,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Maggre
Itachi -ox
>////>

I definitely think that kids have some interesting personalities. And I DO like that Karui's "taking none of that s**t" personality rubbed of on her daughter giving Chouchou the ultimate sass.

I just think that rather than trying to throw the fan base a bunch of new kids to think about, it would have been nice to focus back on the characters we've known and loved and see more of what they were doing. One movie isn't going to do that.

Moreover, just knowing what spouse each person took would have been better alone so that the fan base itself could imagine what their kids would be like. After all, showing is better than just straight telling?

Haha, ChouChou is so awesome! I can't wait to see her in the spin off ;___;

And yeah, I agree. I feel like the manga was rushed in the end. I would have LOVED to see a chapter or two focusing on them once they got back from the war. Like, them hanging out, developing those relationships, showing what Kakashi as a hokage was like, and various other things that could have been shown. Also, it just leaves too much to the imagination. I mean, I love imagining things, I just would have liked more clarity to it all. I would have loved to see Hinata sitting in the hospital bed holding her babies, or Naruto and Hinata going on a date... along with the other ships too. idk.

And awh! Thank you ; u ;

Youkai Moe's Waifu

Cat

Yeah, I agree, buuut I'm convinced that Kakashi married Gai so none of this bothers me as much as it could. emotion_awesome

But seriously. I think you guys need to get your heads out of your asses if you were expecting legitimately good writing from Kishimoto.

Friendly Bear

Itachi -ox
Maggre
Itachi -ox
>////>

And yeah, I agree. I feel like the manga was rushed in the end. I would have LOVED to see a chapter or two focusing on them once they got back from the war. Like, them hanging out, developing those relationships, showing what Kakashi as a hokage was like, and various other things that could have been shown. Also, it just leaves too much to the imagination. I mean, I love imagining things, I just would have liked more clarity to it all. I would have loved to see Hinata sitting in the hospital bed holding her babies, or Naruto and Hinata going on a date... along with the other ships too. idk.

And awh! Thank you ; u ;

Haha yeah I think thats kinda the main complaints of most of the fandom..."where was the relationship development??" But when you think about it, it WAS shounnen manga so.. that wasn't really the focus [yet Naruto's relationship with Sasuke some how was haha?] Ahh well, its over and now all we can do is wait for the spin offs and The Last! biggrin

Profitable Sex Symbol

13,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Maggre
Itachi -ox
Maggre
Itachi -ox
>////>

And awh! Thank you ; u ;

Haha yeah I think thats kinda the main complaints of most of the fandom..."where was the relationship development??" But when you think about it, it WAS shounnen manga so.. that wasn't really the focus [yet Naruto's relationship with Sasuke some how was haha?] Ahh well, its over and now all we can do is wait for the spin offs and The Last! biggrin

I think it's time for us to cross our fingers and hope the movie and spin off covers something important.
gonk

Friendly Bear

Milky Imperius
Yeah, I agree, buuut I'm convinced that Kakashi married Gai so none of this bothers me as much as it could. emotion_awesome

But seriously. I think you guys need to get your heads out of your asses if you were expecting legitimately good writing from Kishimoto.

LOL KAKASHI AND GAI?? okay thats pretty funny.

And..well Idk. I dropped Naruto for a while only to pick it back up this past month to catch up to the end. The story was definitely really interesting, but Sasuke's character was really not written too well. Moreover things from Sasuke and Naruto's shared past were only shown in the last few chapter of the war which just seemed like rushed tools to show how deep their relationship was. SO BASICALLY I AGREE... Kishimoto isn't the best writer, but having read 695 chapters in 3 days, and seeing the story progress in succession like that showed me that the story was actually pretty good and developing well until it dropped off the face of the planet with chapter 699 :/

Idk, it wasn't bad writing, and although it wasn't the best, it was pretty good for being 700 chapters until those last two to me

Friendly Bear

Itachi -ox
Maggre
Itachi -ox
Maggre
Itachi -ox
>////>

And awh! Thank you ; u ;

I think it's time for us to cross our fingers and hope the movie and spin off covers something important.
gonk

Definitely! I really want to know if Lee just found another kid who looks like him [like Gai finding Lee] or if Lee married anyone?? Like... aside from his eye/eyebrow combination, Lee isn't that bad looking of a character!

Profitable Sex Symbol

13,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Maggre
Itachi -ox
Maggre
Itachi -ox
Maggre
Itachi -ox
>////>

And awh! Thank you ; u ;

gonk

Definitely! I really want to know if Lee just found another kid who looks like him [like Gai finding Lee] or if Lee married anyone?? Like... aside from his eye/eyebrow combination, Lee isn't that bad looking of a character!

Good point, maybe it's TenTen! LOLJK.
But yeah, I wanna know who the mom is too! O_O

Heroic Hero

Maggre
Bogotanian

I kinda understand Sai/Ino in the sense that Ino kinda really liked hot guys [Sasuke and Sai] and I think that after she realized Sasuke was an a** like the rest of the Konoha gang, she switched to Sai. It was definitely a thing that she liked Sai. So i get that, I just dont like the way their kid was portrayed.

I also don't understand Karui too much either, but at the same time, ALL of the ino shika chou kids HAD to have kids or else their linage would stop and thats a really cool trio they have going there!

Also, as stated, I really didn't support any of team 7 getting with each other, but I understand the need for fan service I guess?

Maybe I just forget parts of the manga, but does Ino ever talk to Sai or mention him or anything? It just seemed really arbitrary. Also with Karui, it looks like Choji's moved up in the world wink

Friendly Bear

Bogotanian
Maggre
Bogotanian

Maybe I just forget parts of the manga, but does Ino ever talk to Sai or mention him or anything? It just seemed really arbitrary. Also with Karui, it looks like Choji's moved up in the world wink

yeah it is mentioned that Ino likes sai. when they first meet, ino remarks that shes jealous that Sakura's team gets all the hot guys. Then on top of that, Sai decides to nick name people the opposite of how he usually does when he first sees Ino because she 'seems like she'd react like sakura' [he usually ends up insulting sakura and naruto by stating overly blatant things] and so he calls Ino "pretty" [which I'm sure he means!]

Also, ******** yeah! Karui is really cool, I just wish her powers were shown more or at least more development between her and chouji, otherwise it really does just feel random

3,975 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I completely agree with the OP. Not only that, but most of their kids are so cliched, boring, and in some cases...yes, I'm going to say it...ugly, even NaruHina's kids. While I'm glad they didn't inherit the white eyeballs, did Kishi HAVE to give them the whisker marks? I always thought Naruto had them because of the Kyuubi, it felt like Kishi was trying too hard with their looks. He just had to give little Himawari her mother's old, ugly haircut, and the face marks on top of that...I just don't find her cute. Also, as I've said in a previous thread, I don't think these pairings send the best message to young girls. The message that eventually your crush/obsession will one day notice you if you pine and wait long enough, that no matter how much he ignores you or how badly he treats you, someday he'll fall in love with you and make your dreams come true. As it stands now, it feels like Naruto merely settled for Hinata, and seriously, my fish pond has more depth than NaruHina and SasuSaku.

The last chapter just felt so...blah, and unsatisfying. Honestly I wish they wouldn't make a continuation of this series, because I've been disillusioned with it for a long time now, and I'm glad to see the back of it. Thank goodness that One Piece has not managed to disappoint me yet.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff