Welcome to Gaia! ::

And by old, I mean part one when they were younger -especially before Sasuke left team 7.

I don't know what exactly possessed me today into re-watching that episode when team 7 was trying to uncover Kakashi's mask.
But I remembered how fun it was back then.
And to be honest, I do miss the old Sasuke (still my fav character though) emotion_donotwant

I mean, Naruto Shippuden is cool and all but it's also quite depressing.
Too many character deaths.
And I hate to see Sasuke become the main antagonist because I know that the series
will end with his a** getting kicked by Naruto which is very predictable.
(it's a shounen anime/manga after all, good has to win over evil blah blah blah) rolleyes

So, which do you enjoy better, old Naruto or Naruto Shippuden? and why?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
NOSTALGIA
crying
OMG YES. I just found it more interesting! You see more character development and yes there were serious fights but there were fun times too. This whole war has gone Dragonball Z and Naruto has been getting a new power with every fight and hasn't STOPPED since he left the safe place with Killer Bee! I'm surprised he isn't exhausted or dead yet! But I feel there were so much better characters in the first part and that a lot of the second part characters are kind of rehashed versions of ones that died. But that's just me. XD

Profitable Sex Symbol

13,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Em, somewhat, but I also like it the way it is now.
Besides the land of waves arc with Zabuza and Haku, no. I actually dropped the manga for awhile and picked it up again around the time the time skip in the manga started and later went back and read old chapters but I prefer how it is now.
Yes I miss the younger Naruto, he was so much more openly determined! Although no matter what I will love Naruto (both the show and the character!). ninja

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
??? seekingCylem [?SC] AT ?:?? responded to memo.

[ As much as I adore the Akatsuki, I will have to concede that I do think the first Naruto series was better. I appreciated how it was about characters being influenced by Naruto, and Naruto in turn growing based on his experiences. It gave the series some cohesion and forward momentum instead of in Shippuden where Naruto does his own thing, is always right, and everyone else is just... there.

Between the series, Naruto apparently ascended into some messianic archetype who can do no wrong. Now that he's stopped having his ideals challenged, his function has been reduced to telling people they're wrong and then Rasenganing them in the face. When he's not on screen to make people's characters develop, though, everyone just kind of stagnates.

tl;dr: I like Team 7. Even if Sakura was dead weight the entire time, she was at least plagued by it, which made her sympathetic and interesting. Now in Shippuden she's just kind of... generic.

...I don't think I need to say anything about Sasuke.
]

[?SC] ceased responding to memo.

Time-traveling Doll

39,175 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
yeah i miss it too.

Seeker

Yeah, I miss the good ol' days.
      Actually, I like both the old Naruto and Shippuden equally.

6,150 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Autobiographer 200
TBH, I prefer Shippuden over the First Series.
Mainly because the Characters sound more Mature than they did Back then.....
ESPECIALLY NARUTO!

I mean Seriously! He fell for the Stupidest of Tricks back in the First series!

EX: that time 2 Fat guys tried disguising themselves as Rock Lee and Might Guy in order to steal the Scrolls of Forbidden Jutsu, and yet Naruto was the ABSOLUTE ONLY ONE who Fell for it, where as everyone else could see right through them! rolleyes

Or that time Konohamaru Fooled Naruto with that Stupid Square Rock disguise. rolleyes

I mean, How Stupid can you get! rolleyes

However, that series still gave me quite a few Good Laughs! rofl
Especially that time Naruto Pulled off that Sexy Jutsu on Jiraiya! rolleyes emotion_facepalm rofl

or even that one Awkward Moment When Naruto Suddenly Let-one-Rip on Kiba Inuzuka During the Chunin Exams Arc. emotion_jawdrop

O.G. Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100
I prefer shippuden, but in the first series showed how it all started like kakashi's sharingan, sasuke's past, and etc. I loved the zabuza part, chunin exams, and the part where they had to find sasuke. The rest was kinda lame for me...

Desirable Lunatic

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I prefer the old. However.. I like more characters in Shippuden. The problem with Naruto is that it lasts forever. Characters die, and then they keep coming back. Naruto isn't as fun as he use to be.
Amaya Noriko
OMG YES. I just found it more interesting! You see more character development and yes there were serious fights but there were fun times too. This whole war has gone Dragonball Z and Naruto has been getting a new power with every fight and hasn't STOPPED since he left the safe place with Killer Bee! I'm surprised he isn't exhausted or dead yet! But I feel there were so much better characters in the first part and that a lot of the second part characters are kind of rehashed versions of ones that died. But that's just me. XD

Yeah, I do find that part 1 was more on the comedy side compared to Shippuden which is much more dramatic/serious.

I also liked the characters from part 1 better =(
LoveIsBlindxxx
Yes I miss the younger Naruto, he was so much more openly determined! Although no matter what I will love Naruto (both the show and the character!). ninja

Eh, Naruto's personality hasn't changed THAT much.
He's still an annoying idiot emotion_eyebrow
seekingCylem
??? seekingCylem [?SC] AT ?:?? responded to memo.

[ As much as I adore the Akatsuki, I will have to concede that I do think the first Naruto series was better. I appreciated how it was about characters being influenced by Naruto, and Naruto in turn growing based on his experiences. It gave the series some cohesion and forward momentum instead of in Shippuden where Naruto does his own thing, is always right, and everyone else is just... there.

Between the series, Naruto apparently ascended into some messianic archetype who can do no wrong. Now that he's stopped having his ideals challenged, his function has been reduced to telling people they're wrong and then Rasenganing them in the face. When he's not on screen to make people's characters develop, though, everyone just kind of stagnates.

tl;dr: I like Team 7. Even if Sakura was dead weight the entire time, she was at least plagued by it, which made her sympathetic and interesting. Now in Shippuden she's just kind of... generic.

...I don't think I need to say anything about Sasuke.
]

[?SC] ceased responding to memo.

Exactly.

I like how in part 1 most of the characters where giving their fair share of air time.

Now it's all about Naruto and you rarely see other characters like rock lee and such anymore! :/

I don't like how Naruto is slowly becoming a Mary Sue.
Nine_Tails137
TBH, I prefer Shippuden over the First Series.
Mainly because the Characters sound more Mature than they did Back then.....
ESPECIALLY NARUTO!

I mean Seriously! He fell for the Stupidest of Tricks back in the First series!

EX: that time 2 Fat guys tried disguising themselves as Rock Lee and Might Guy in order to steal the Scrolls of Forbidden Jutsu, and yet Naruto was the ABSOLUTE ONLY ONE who Fell for it, where as everyone else could see right through them! rolleyes

Or that time Konohamaru Fooled Naruto with that Stupid Square Rock disguise. rolleyes

I mean, How Stupid can you get! rolleyes

However, that series still gave me quite a few Good Laughs! rofl
Especially that time Naruto Pulled off that Sexy Jutsu on Jiraiya! rolleyes emotion_facepalm rofl

or even that one Awkward Moment When Naruto Suddenly Let-one-Rip on Kiba Inuzuka During the Chunin Exams Arc. emotion_jawdrop

Well, I do think that the stupid character suits him better rofl
It was so much funnier back in the day.
And everyone now getting serious >__>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out