I don't ship SS but wtf

User Image

Sasuke is blushing???

Devout Bibliophile

Moronical
I don't ship SS but wtf

User Image

Sasuke is blushing???

And he was thinking about Itachi at that point, right?
*GASP* ItaSasu must be canon!
bibliophileemily
Moronical
I don't ship SS but wtf

User Image

Sasuke is blushing???

And he was thinking about Itachi at that point, right?
*GASP* ItaSasu must be canon!

emotion_dealwithit

Devout Bibliophile

II_iMuddy_II

You have serious misunderstanding issues right here.
1. Canny Sakura did not translate anything.

Well aware of that, and I hope I didn't imply she did.
Quote:
2. I never said the translator used the word wrong.

No, but you are saying that "suki" is not being used to mean romantic love in this case. Am I wrong?
You do not speak or read Japanese; how can you say what the word means or does not mean in this specific case unless you can read the entire sentence and understand? Context is everything.

I am not taking issue with you interpreting a statement to fit your own concept of how the characters feel; I, a person who does speak and read Japanese, am taking issue with you, a person who does not speak Japanese, insisting that a Japanese word means "X" when people who do speak the language and better understand how this word is used are saying it absolutely does not mean "X."

That is the last I have to say about this. I'll head back to my corner now to wait for Neji to come back.

Ruthless Capitalist

12,000 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
bibliophileemily

No, I specifically said that "suki" does not indicate whether Sakura's feelings is platonic or romantic (sexual). I hope you do recognize the difference from romantic (sexual) love and platonic love.

Granted, a word should be considered in context. However, it is often needed to consider the previous events that also occurred.
As various sources have translated, Kakashi said " I bet your feelings have changed since that time. If you still like [love] him, it's on a completely different level."
In Part I, Sakura's feelings were depicted as such:

Clearly, her feelings are romantic (sexual).
Here is the raw: 同じ好きでもその想いは別のものだ
Correct me if it's wrong but the translation is along the lines of : Even if it’s same ‘like/love’, the feelings are different.
Is it not save to safe to say that Sakura's feelings have changed?

Aged Sex Symbol

Canny Sakura
SS_ShitStorm

I have a hard time believing you because I'm pretty sure you're the same canny sakura who provided me with a long winded explanation last year about how Kushina and Sakura were absolutely not parallels of each other and were not supposed to be anything alike.

Seeing as how the complete opposite has been proven, forgive me for having doubts about your accuracy when it comes to anything that has to do with shipping.

For your infromation i just changed my username to Canny Sakura month ago, I couldn't have this username a year ago. Even if I confronted you in the past, I probably had reasons to do so.

Anyways the official Viz translation came out
User Image

The speculation on this one is as good as over.

I'm not saying she doesn't care about Sasuke. I'm saying given your track record of dismissing anything that doesn't support your pairing, I can't take you seriously.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff