Welcome to Gaia! ::

Girl-Crazy Trickster

12,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Conventioneer 300
I started writing with zeal on November 1, then continued writing for a few days thereafter. However, s**t hit the fan with my personal life and I have barely had any time to write. There are now only a few more days left of the month, and while I want to continue, I think I ought to hang up the towel.

Your thoughts?

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Just because you can't succeed in NaNo doesn't mean that you can't succeed.

Do you want to continue the story you are currently working on? Are you willing and able to do so despite the fact that you will not be riding on the peer pressure and support groups that come with NaNo every year?

If so, go right on ahead! If you're looking for support and camraderie, come visit Writer's Forum after the NaNo craze is over. We have a thread or two that are all about encouragement. (The NaNo group which has been temp re-located to this forum tends to party year round. It's a good place to hang out).

Girl-Crazy Trickster

12,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Conventioneer 300
terradi
Just because you can't succeed in NaNo doesn't mean that you can't succeed.

Do you want to continue the story you are currently working on? Are you willing and able to do so despite the fact that you will not be riding on the peer pressure and support groups that come with NaNo every year?

If so, go right on ahead! If you're looking for support and camraderie, come visit Writer's Forum after the NaNo craze is over. We have a thread or two that are all about encouragement. (The NaNo group which has been temp re-located to this forum tends to party year round. It's a good place to hang out).

I would like to continue the story, to be honest, and I think things are going to be slowing down a little for me.

Thanks for the encouragement. Would you please link me to the other threads?

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Writer's forum is here. The gigantic thread at the top of the NaNo forum (here) will either be moved back into Writer's Forum, or another thread will be used once the season is over and everything dies down. It moves at a manic pace. If you want to wait until after the month is over and then wander in, that works too.

Honestly, I didn't even try for NaNo this year. Tried it once and failed abysmally and this month was just too insane for me to really put in the time and effort it would take. I like to set smaller goals. Say ... 500 words per day. I can manage that much. Means that I certainly don't get a novel completed within a month, though I do get there eventually!
im not sure why people decided to make NOVEMBER the month to write a novel when every college kid is busy with finals and projects. kinda wish it was in the summer or winter when we're on breaks.

i felt bad because i wanted to participate in nanowrimo, but then school hit me and i just ran out of time. :<

Friendly Dabbler

Kriemhild Gretchen
im not sure why people decided to make NOVEMBER the month to write a novel when every college kid is busy with finals and projects. kinda wish it was in the summer or winter when we're on breaks.

i felt bad because i wanted to participate in nanowrimo, but then school hit me and i just ran out of time. :<
They do have a summer nanowrimo called Camp NaNoWriMo, actually. I do totally agree, though, that November is one of the worst months to hold regular NaNo orz

As for Dionnysia, I say keep working on it. Maybe you won't finish by November (but hey you never know) but even then you'll have a solid start to work on over the rest of the year emotion_yatta

Valiant Guardian

22,875 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Winter Guardian 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
There shouldn't just be one month for writing. It'd be cool if they had it spread out over a couple months, so that you don't feel stressed to write 50,000 words in 30 days. This is my first year, and I'm actually doing fine, but I hear ya.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff