Welcome to Gaia! ::

Peaceful Lunatic

Hey all you Gaian WriMos out there! Is 2013 gonna be your lucky year in writing? Let's hope so! And to celebrate all those who make the legendary run of a 50,000 word marathon, here is a list of the winners! Aren't you excited? I am! I hope to see many of you here by the end of the month!

Feel free to post and make your determinations known, ask for help or advice, celebrate the winners, boggle at the overachievers, or just chat about NaNoWriMo for a bit.

Here is a simple form to fill out once you reach the 50K goal of your novel/fanfiction/epic poem/space opera/whatever.

Gaia Username:
NaNo Username: (If you don't want to make it known here, I'll take winner forms by PM too)
Date Won: (Otherwise I'll just put the date you posted)
50,000th Word: (If this is inappropriate for the forums, please choose a word near it.)

And the 2013 winners are...

Gaia username, date finished, 50K word

Ysavvryl, 11/05, 'on'
H e r o - L l a m a, 11/07, 'never'
runningwithnemo. 11/10, 'that'
Dreylen, 11/13, 'merely'
Morsuaile, 11/14, "well"
Dune Leibt, 11/16, 'psychology'
Mishilynn, 11/17, 'sighed'
DNSHyber, 11/17, 'the'
Psychotic Maniacal Sanity, 11/20, "not"
Sailor Onyx, 11/20, 'Itachi'
Sonosheen the Cat, 11/21, 'part'
NikitaRichtofen, 11/25, 'Deathlands'
Plastic Orgasm, 11/25, 'dreamed'
britnh3, 11/25, 'boys'
Teacupcakes, 11/26, 'turn'
Jasmine Snape, 11/27, 'anything'
Endrael, 11/27, 'magical'
Marie-Cris, 11/28, 'and'
Nadistu, 11/28, 'glass'
Whimsicaldreamer, 11/28, 'Compound'
Painless Pleasure, 11/28, 'out'
Rhea Valente, 11/30, 'docked'
dah fuzzinator of dewm!, 11/30, 'camera'
AJKline, 11/30, 'below'
-ProcrastinatingSpazz-, 11/30, 'bad'
x-BelleDameSansMerci-x, 11/30, 'pitying'
Phieth, 11/30, 'no'

Overachievers List

Are you an overachiever, aiming for a word count even higher? Let me know when you're at 55K, 75K, and every 25K after that and I'll update you to this list.

Ysavvryl (150,000)
Dune Leibt (150,000)
H e r o - L l a m a (500,000+)

Gracious Tipper

8,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
        I definitely want to be on here! Congratulations on winning! Day five... I really am staggered!

Next year I might take the first week of November off work to try and crack on 3nodding

Peaceful Lunatic

Rhea Valente
        I definitely want to be on here! Congratulations on winning! Day five... I really am staggered!

Next year I might take the first week of November off work to try and crack on 3nodding

I'll be looking forward to seeing you on the list! If you can pull that off vacation time next year and really want to try, go for it! Once you have time and put your mind to it, there's lots of seemingly crazy things that you can accomplish.

Actually, I'm not fully considering mine a win unless I hit my goal this year: 250K and completing two stories. As long as something doesn't come up health wise, I'm sure I can do that.

Gracious Tipper

8,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Ysavvryl

Thank you!! 4laugh

Are you able to dedicate quite a lot of time to it? Do you write in sort of one solid block? Or is just an hour here and there and you are simply amazingly fast!?

250k, wow... Is that 250k per story or in total?? >.< Fingers crossed nothing comes up! Do you already have ideas and such for the stories or do you wing it?

Peaceful Lunatic

Rhea Valente

I'm a homemaker, so I do some writing, do some chores, do more writing, cook dinner, do more writing. I am also a quick typist; been writing for a long time.

250K total. And to be honest, I'm fudging it a bit because the other story I want to finish is the Hoarfrost Pass fanfic I have here. It's 50% complete now and I just want it out of the way when December comes around. The story that I got to 50K with has another 25-30K left in it, I believe. I have solid ideas of where I want to go with these stories, but no written outline.

And if that doesn't meet the goal, I have other unfinished fanfics to work on that will take up that many words.

Gracious Tipper

8,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Ysavvryl

Ahh, I see! That's a nice way to break up the writing 3nodding I'm fairly fast, but I only have a laptop and I find I can write faster on an actual PC with an actual keyboard :

What's Hoarfrost Pass?

Wow, sounds like you have quite a lot of projects going on! Plus it seems relatively well-organised in as much as you know where you want to go with them! 3nodding Do you ever find it difficult which to choose to settle on and use?

Have you got anything published??

I've never done NaNo before, but I've found it's been a really good way of writing for me, and a really good motivator, too!

Peaceful Lunatic

Rhea Valente

Hoarfrost Pass is an REI (well, two of them) that came out on Gaia a few months back, a very popular one with a neat story. But I thought the story was constrained too much with the limitations on announcements, so I expanded it to my liking.

Oh yes, it is tough to choose what to work on at times. I get ideas for neat stories all the time, but then I really want to finish what I've got going already. sweatdrop Don't have anything published yet; it will be my hopeful goal to get that started next year.

I find that NaNo is lots of fun! Plus all the different perspective of writing that I find on the NaNo forums and elsewhere during November is fascinating. I hope you're having fun with it too! biggrin

Codger

I remember this from last year. blaugh Unfortunately, my schedule at the time meant I was able to sit and write literally all night without interruption, so I could push out 5+k words at a go when I was off work and maintain my 2k/day personal minimum when I did work that night. This year I'm lucky to average minimum word count for the day. emo I was a day and a half ahead on Thursday night, but yesterday and today have devoured that and spat it out like some poorly cooked steak. NaNo's so much more difficult when you have family responsibilities. >.> Hopefully I can sequester in the bedroom tomorrow and claw my way back to on schedule.

*only on right now because resting between errands and then family night out*

Peaceful Lunatic

Endrael

Hi again! Good to see you back. biggrin Good luck getting back on schedule! But we do have to take care of those responsibilities too.

I promised myself a little treat if I got to my halfway point before the fifteenth (posting a little fanfic I wrote yesterday between projects), but that's still a lot of words I need to cover. And I have a dental appointment in another town between now and then. xp But that's what the reward is supposed to tempt me to push onward with.

Beloved Fairy

Peaceful Lunatic

RunningWithNemo

Congrats on your win! biggrin

Mystical Dreamer

War leaves its trail,
In moonlight so pale...

Gaia username: Dreylen
NaNo username: Dreylen
Date won: 11/13/2013
50,000th word: Merely

screecap proof~ cause I'm so proud I got done before half the month went by
User Image

...Its shadows, they flow,
In rivers, in rivers...

Peaceful Lunatic

Dreylen
War leaves its trail,
In moonlight so pale...

User Image

In rivers, in rivers...

Hooray, you won! And with three words to spare lol You have every right to be proud. You're going right on the list.

Mystical Dreamer

Ysavvryl
Dreylen
War leaves its trail,
In moonlight so pale...

User Image

In rivers, in rivers...

Hooray, you won! And with three words to spare lol You have every right to be proud. You're going right on the list.
Oh, I'm gonna keep going. Just....maybe not quite so fast, cause apparently I was getting sick and holding it off with strength of will alone? Brainfog is starting to set in.

Peaceful Lunatic

Dreylen
Oh, I'm gonna keep going. Just....maybe not quite so fast, cause apparently I was getting sick and holding it off with strength of will alone? Brainfog is starting to set in.

I know how that feels xp Otherwise, I'd probably have an even higher count by now. At least we're getting things done!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff