Welcome to Gaia! ::

High-functioning Lunatic

24,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fusion Expert 300
I write about three to seven thousand words a day. I hadn't written at all since thursday. I think i'm burned out already.

Peaceful Lunatic

Get back to writing! scream

lol, week two (or three) burnout happens, even for those of us who can keep high word counts. You just have to get yourself into the habit of writing every day. Do a few days with lower counts, whatever helps you keep going. Make a game out of it, go to the word war thread to find competition, do what makes writing fun. Hope you get things in gear so that you can meet the goal!
I've been pretty burnt out this week, too. So I told myself that I would take a day off to do some stuff around the apartment and got to work doing laundry only to find myself sitting back down at the computer with words to write that I hadn't even dreamed of having this morning when I woke up with dread thinking about my lacking word count. As soon as I stopped worrying about the numbers, my inspiration came back.

I'm still behind, but am getting somewhere with this story, even if its slow. That's what really matters when its all over, anyway. That you were motivated to make something tangible even if you don't make the 50k goal on time. There's always next year. And nothing stops you from doing your own 50k/30 days challenge off season, either, if November doesn't go well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff