Welcome to Gaia! ::

Amateur Angel

17,950 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I have a question for all of you!
This pertains to part of my nanowrimo project.

I'm doing a short story with a kind of apocalyptic zombie cliche thing.

assume that most things like canned goods and weaponry are long gone from the shops. Say you lived out in the country a bit, and decided to risk driving into town, what would you want to find?

So far, she has not seen any zombies out in the country. She is by herself, and has been for several months now. No electricity, she has a backup generator, but is trying to conserve its power for an emergency, such as extreme cold in the coming winter.

She was raised on the farm, so she knows about gardening and caring for animals. Currently there are some chickens and her dog on the farm with her. There is plenty of chicken feed in the silos, and she knows there is also feed in her two closest neighbors silos.

It is currently august, and she has been on her own since late may.

Picture the town as an average rural town, the population probably somewhere 15-20,000 people before everyone died.

What would YOU look for in the town?

So far, this is what she has done:
Gas station- found candy, soda, and toilet paper.
Seed n feed- Dog food.

Other ideas:
Pharmacy- She has no real medical knowledge other than basic first aid, but medicine and first aid supplies
Books- possibly some medical based books?

This isn't just about survival, what are some things that you would want?

Varient's Husbando

O.G. Gaian

Permission to post?

Amateur Angel

17,950 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Ma Ajmala
Permission to post?
yes.
stalker.
I would look for anyone whose alive and also any safe hideouts. But in reality I wouldn't go into town.

Varient's Husbando

O.G. Gaian

I think you wanted me to follow you......anyway

You talking about necessities in the way of items like pitchforks? irrigation stuff, tractors? Or more the likes of places like football fields, crop fields coal of mining facilities?

Well those then

Amateur Angel

17,950 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Kim Haruko
I would look for anyone whose alive and also any safe hideouts. But in reality I wouldn't go into town.

she has a safe place already.
and I'm going under the assumption that there are no living people left in the area.

Amateur Angel

17,950 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Ma Ajmala
I think you wanted me to follow you......anyway

You talking about necessities in the way of items like pitchforks? irrigation stuff, tractors? Or more the likes of places like football fields, crop fields coal of mining facilities?

Well those then

it doesnt have to be things she absolutely NEEDS for survival.
Like, at a gas station she grabbed a bunch of junk food, and found a bunch of toilet paper in the storage closet, and she considered these things to be an excellent find. She has been living mostly off of chicken eggs for the last 3 months.
Naxx is srs bizness
Kim Haruko

she has a safe place already.
and I'm going under the assumption that there are no living people left in the area.

Well look for any living animals left? idk ... seems like there's nothing of use in the town but I'm sure someone'll have an idea, good luck.

Enduring Phantom

11,300 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Guildmember 100
How much carry capacity does she have? If she's got enough for 'fun' things, books. I imagine life is boring after the end of the world, in between episodes of panic and terror. Candles, matches, lighters, lighter fluid- all handy things to have available in any post-apocalypse situation. Batteries- one can never have enough batteries. Paper and pens- journal writing to help pass the time.

Seeds, if she's capable of growing things.

Those would be the things I'd default towards, anyway. Hope this is useful, at least somewhat.

Amateur Angel

17,950 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
TheDevilSheIs
How much carry capacity does she have? If she's got enough for 'fun' things, books. I imagine life is boring after the end of the world, in between episodes of panic and terror. Candles, matches, lighters, lighter fluid- all handy things to have available in any post-apocalypse situation. Batteries- one can never have enough batteries. Paper and pens- journal writing to help pass the time.

Seeds, if she's capable of growing things.

Those would be the things I'd default towards, anyway. Hope this is useful, at least somewhat.
Currently, she has a pickup truck, but its parked a little ways away because of debris in the road. Other than that, she is currently carrying a backback.
Books are a definite yes as far as time passing goes, but what else could one do for leisure time do you think?

Varient's Husbando

O.G. Gaian

If you're doing it like that then I would say maybe some binoculars or a telescope to see signs of "life" from far distances.

Cement, paint, plywood

Buggy Punk

I'd be on the lookout for multivitamins or stuff made with citrus in particular. Riding out the zombie apocalypse to go down from scurvy would suck.

Canning supplies, and books on the subject to preserve food.

Amateur Angel

17,950 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Mereluna
I'd be on the lookout for multivitamins or stuff made with citrus in particular. Riding out the zombie apocalypse to go down from scurvy would suck.

Canning supplies, and books on the subject to preserve food.
vitamins, yes!
<33333

Draconian Raider

26,775 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Well what about preparations for winter? She wanted to save the generator for emergencies so why not try find another heat source that doesn't use electricity, but fuel like kerosone that you can get from gas stations
Tarps, lots of tarps, plastic bags and other waterproof things to keep stuff dry (like firewood). Any kind of storage containers to keep clean water in. Matches and lighters, to make fires easier. Rope, string, masking tape, chicken wire, hammer and nails, handsaw, and wood all to build things.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff