Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Hero

So hello, I'm Nick. And I am a part of a two-piece hardcore/post-hardcore/metal band from St. Augustine, FL. And me and Devin would like to show you our first song "I'd Totally Rob You For A Dollar". We get that the title of the song has nothing to do with the song, except for the line "Morals, depend on how you think." We were going with the 'Random name' for our songs. We're willing to change it but we do like it. Anyway, off topic. Here is the link to our song: http://onthebrinkofdestruction.bandcamp.com/ We do have it for download for a dollar. So yeah. We hope you like us. We have realized that my vocals (The gutterals/screaming) is kind of drowned out by the music and we're working on our next song. We'll post more links to our next songs, or you could just keep checking our bandcamp page. We love feedback and we hope you love us.

Conservative Prophet

For the style, it's OK.
But..the overdubbing secondary vocals on top of the original is not that awesome.
The highs are pretty solid, but you really need to work on that growl.

The singing actually kinda surprised me, it's very spot on for the genre, I suggest (even though I know your going to hate this response) you find a second vocalist to do screams, and focus on getting that voice awesome.

Reminded me of Kellin Quinn quite a bit, but not to the extent that you could be over influenced.

The instruments are alright, the drummer is awesome.
Hope ya guys get somewhere, even though that style of music is slowly fading away.

Shy Hero

Yeah, Devin and me both did drum tracks and guitar tracks. The growl is the hardest thing I've been working on. And tell Devin that. He always thinks he's such a crappy singer. But we're really working hard so the rest of our EP can actually be more decent than that. And I get that the overdubbing was kind of crappy. But we've gotten great comments and awesome recommendations from Memphis May Fire, I See Stars, Close To Home, Matt Toka, Breathe Carolina, and Spine Extraction. So we think we're off to a pretty good start. But we are trying. My growl has gotten a ton better and I feel like I can actually do this now. And we have a screamer who is in another band who is going to be doing guest vocals on our new tracks, also. We're still just on the down low. So we'll improve. But thank you.

Conservative Prophet

Rewind-Stop-Play-Repeat
Yeah, Devin and me both did drum tracks and guitar tracks. The growl is the hardest thing I've been working on. And tell Devin that. He always thinks he's such a crappy singer. But we're really working hard so the rest of our EP can actually be more decent than that. And I get that the overdubbing was kind of crappy. But we've gotten great comments and awesome recommendations from Memphis May Fire, I See Stars, Close To Home, Matt Toka, Breathe Carolina, and Spine Extraction. So we think we're off to a pretty good start. But we are trying. My growl has gotten a ton better and I feel like I can actually do this now. And we have a screamer who is in another band who is going to be doing guest vocals on our new tracks, also. We're still just on the down low. So we'll improve. But thank you.

For sure, I bet it will go pretty far.

Shy Hero

Joshbenet
Rewind-Stop-Play-Repeat

For sure, I bet it will go pretty far.

Thanks a ton for the positive feedback, we hope we get far. And we've actually been recommended by Memphis May Fire and Chelsea Grin to play a minor stage at Vans Warped Tour to the committee. But we're starting with some local shows at bars and stuff in Jacksonville. So we're pumped. biggrin

Magic Man-Lover

That's epic! surprised

Shy Hero

XxBiohazardous LovexX
That's epic! surprised

Not very. xD biggrin BUt thanks.

Magic Man-Lover

Rewind-Stop-Play-Repeat
XxBiohazardous LovexX
That's epic! surprised

I lolled at 2:00-ish, mario tune

Shy Hero

XxBiohazardous LovexX
Rewind-Stop-Play-Repeat
XxBiohazardous LovexX
That's epic! surprised

Yep, completely intentional for that breakdown. biggrin
And, I do the screams.

Magic Man-Lover

Rewind-Stop-Play-Repeat
XxBiohazardous LovexX
Rewind-Stop-Play-Repeat
XxBiohazardous LovexX
That's epic! surprised

And, I do the screams.
Lmao.
(Just to let everyone know that I commented asking and he's not being a showoff douchebag.)
Doesn't it hurt?

Shy Hero

XxBiohazardous LovexX
Rewind-Stop-Play-Repeat
XxBiohazardous LovexX
Rewind-Stop-Play-Repeat
XxBiohazardous LovexX
That's epic! surprised

And, I do the screams.
Lmao.
(Just to let everyone know that I commented asking and he's not being a showoff douchebag.)
Doesn't it hurt?

Lmao. Not at al actually.
It's a lot easier than some may think.
But you have to do it right,
and for some people they just can't.
You can try, but it won't be as good as it should be.

Shy Hero

XxBiohazardous LovexX
Rewind-Stop-Play-Repeat
XxBiohazardous LovexX
Rewind-Stop-Play-Repeat
XxBiohazardous LovexX
That's epic! surprised

And, I do the screams.
Lmao.
Doesn't it hurt?

Dapper Businessman

I am filled with meh.
This seems like the same s**t I've heard out of every unheard opener at every metal show I've ever been to.
The vocals and production need work, and there needs to be SOMETHING in the music that sets you apart.

Magic Man-Lover

Rewind-Stop-Play-Repeat
XxBiohazardous LovexX
Rewind-Stop-Play-Repeat
XxBiohazardous LovexX
Rewind-Stop-Play-Repeat

And, I do the screams.
Lmao.
Doesn't it hurt?

Quote:

What?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces