Welcome to Gaia! ::

Popular Friend

Atm I play the Flute, im a little bored of it, I learnt it for atleast 5 years now,,

I recently I found out that I can sing alright/ish.
I want to improve my singing skills by self teaching myself,, I also think that it would be great if I could play Piano along with my singing (It's a good combo I heard,,).

So, should I start teaching myself to play Piano,, Then if I improve, teach myself how to Sing?

Animated Animated

24,175 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • ReAnimated 50
Go for it!

Popular Friend

Cirnol64
Go for it!

Just wondering Cirnol. What instrument to you play?

Devoted Noob

13,625 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Megathread 100
II Verda II
Atm I play the Flute, im a little bored of it, I learnt it for atleast 5 years now,,

I recently I found out that I can sing alright/ish.
I want to improve my singing skills by self teaching myself,, I also think that it would be great if I could play Piano along with my singing (It's a good combo I heard,,).

So, should I start teaching myself to play Piano,, Then if I improve, teach myself how to Sing?

nike says: JUST DO IT!

xDDD

lololol

u shud do it and post it here or youtube xD

Animated Animated

24,175 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • ReAnimated 50
II Verda II
Cirnol64
Go for it!

Used to: Trombone
Now: (Not a real instrument but almost) Ocarina on an iPod App.

In my defense; you can still blow on it like a real Ocarina and it sounds just like one. But someday I'll buy a real one. Meanwhile this will do. razz

Popular Friend

Cirnol64
II Verda II
Cirnol64
Go for it!

Used to: Trombone
Now: (Not a real instrument but almost) Ocarina on an iPod App.

In my defense; you can still blow on it like a real Ocarina and it sounds just like one. But someday I'll buy a real one. Meanwhile this will do. razz

My cousins got an Ocarina! Think its blue or something xD

Well, GL with your Quest.

Ruthless Humorist

11,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
you should do it!

Popular Friend

Popular Friend

I am majoring in Voice, and my college required every voice students to play piano.

Popular Friend

l2omanTiCo
I am majoring in Voice, and my college required every voice students to play piano.

Thats interesting, guess the Piano is the best Tuning device for a voice?
II Verda II
l2omanTiCo

Thats interesting, guess the Piano is the best Tuning device for a voice?

It's the instrument that you're most likely to collaborate with as a singer. My university doesn't require us to play the piano (although most voice students choose to pick it up at least at a basic level), but we are required to perform pieces with the piano students, so that we can understand the collaborative process. Pianists need to understand how and why and when singers breathe, singers need to understand the "poetry" that the piano brings to the piece as well!

Anywho, what a tangent... heehee. Good on you, that sounds like a great idea! Personally I would recommend that you invest in lessons for either piano or voice, although of course you can get quite far by teaching yourself and making uses of resources online etc. You're already at an advantage if you're a flautist and so (I assume) can read music, so you can only gain from extending your musical ability really. smile

3,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
Well right now i play the pianoand sing at the same time so if you want any advice from me i'll be happy to help.
In my opinion, just go for it, i'd reccomend looking at the song you wish to learn on the piano first so then you can ace it then add in you voice to fit the right notes ^^

NOTHING'S IMPOSSIBLE d(^^)b ^0^/ cat_3nodding

Dapper Darling

10,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I taught myself to play the piano, and it's extremely rewarding. Go for it!
Play the piano, yes. Learning how to read piano sheet music is key in trying to learn to play other instruments... 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff