Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Hey. :3 Haven't talked to teh forum in a while but I was kinda curious and I'm not even sure if I'm using the right section to be discussing this but as it turns out, I don't care. biggrin So I'm considering learning how to play guitar, I originally wanted to play Acoustic, then Bass, but now I kinda wanna play lead. o wo I have a close friend (Blood Brother) who is a HUGE fan of Pantera and anything to do with Dimebag Darrel (Darrel Lance Abbot). He's been telling me to learn lead so we can make a band, which I think would be epic. biggrin I kinda want a Dean with a Confederate Flag like Dime had, but I also want something that just looks plain epic. If anyone could help me out or give me advice, it'd be much appreciated. Grass-a**. ;D
Unless you're planning on learning nothing but this

Don't get into guitar for Dime worship.

There are already way too many shitty guitarists emulating someone who wasn't very good in the first place.

7,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
KEARNEST GOES TO CAMP
Kyusi
Hey. :3 Haven't talked to teh forum in a while but I was kinda curious and I'm not even sure if I'm using the right section to be discussing this but as it turns out, I don't care. biggrin So I'm considering learning how to play guitar, I originally wanted to play Acoustic, then Bass, but now I kinda wanna play lead. o wo I have a close friend (Blood Brother) who is a HUGE fan of Pantera and anything to do with Dimebag Darrel (Darrel Lance Abbot). He's been telling me to learn lead so we can make a band, which I think would be epic. biggrin I kinda want a Dean with a Confederate Flag like Dime had, but I also want something that just looks plain epic. If anyone could help me out or give me advice, it'd be much appreciated. Grass-a**. ;D

jump out of a moving car shreddgin air guitar

That doesn't make a lot of sense. o .o

7,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Neige ist Krieg

There are already way too many shitty guitarists emulating someone who wasn't very good in the first place.

Someone who wasn't very good in the first place? And to prove this you sent me Floods, one of the greatest guitar solos ever?! I'm not a huge fan, but a Dean would be nice, I think.

7,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
endless slut

Very nice. > >
Kyusi
Neige ist Krieg

Someone who wasn't very good in the first place? And to prove this you sent me Floods, one of the greatest guitar solos ever?! I'm not a huge fan, but a Dean would be nice, I think.

No, I sent the ambient outro to Floods. The solo is just self indulgent minor scale wank.

Also when you get out of middle school you won't think the confederate flag is cool anymore.

Unless you are a racist hick.

Also Dean are really only good for kindling.

Also pretty sure Dime's confederate guitar was a Washburn.

Also his tone was godawful.
Dimebag Darrell wasn't a very good guitarist, and Deans are garbage.

If you must get a "metal" guitar, at least go with a Schecter, which has decent build quality and a more versatile tone.
KEARNEST GOES TO CAMP
AN OLD HAGS CACKLE
If you must get a "metal" guitar, at least go with a Schecter, which has decent build quality and a more versatile tone.

do they make one that comes with the DIXIE tho (hereitage not hate) this is important

Aaaaand...BAM! (as used by the guy Avenged Sevenfold for bonus points):

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
If you just begin, start with acoustic. I started with a classical Tanglewood. Play it for a year before moving to something else.

Greedy Fatcat

Neige ist Krieg
Kyusi
Neige ist Krieg

No, I sent the ambient outro to Floods. The solo is just self indulgent minor scale wank.

Also when you get out of middle school you won't think the confederate flag is cool anymore.

Unless you are a racist hick.

Also Dean are really only good for kindling.

Also pretty sure Dime's confederate guitar was a Washburn.

Also his tone was godawful.

Literally agree with all of this. Clearly a middle-schooler that knows s**t about guitars but is arguing their point regardless.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff