Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Friend

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I8dIp8FdU0I

Can you guys give me dead honest opinions? I'd never go to someone IRL for this. O.o

Shy Friend

Shy Friend

Shy Friend

Bump #3 is loner bump.

Shy Friend

2x2 bumps.

Shy Friend

Last bump. Back in 7 hours lol.
You don't need to bump. This won't fall off the front page for a few weeks.

Shy Friend

Babd
You don't need to bump. This won't fall off the front page for a few weeks.

Oh, it's a slow mover? Thanks for the heads smile
Welcome. ^^

And the opinion: I like it, it's quite good. The guitar playing is great. I love the variety, the anticipation, tension.

The voice is pretty good, too.

Finally, the critique: It sounds like you're completely disconnected from your body. I was going to say you're singing from your shoulders up, but the more I watch, the more I think it's more like you collar bone up. Your shoulders are no longer part of the picture. It's great they're not moving, that's a whole other aspect we don't have to talk about right now, but it's also that much more of your body sitting on the side lines. I like the character for the song (though admittedly I haven't heard the original), but you can maintain the sound with better posture and support.

I know plenty of people who can sing from apparently lazy poses, but they're just that: poses. They have a shitton of practice and training and practice to still engage the monster-like support hiding behind their folded arms and cocked hips. Prop your computer on the washing machine placed so conveniently behind you and try your next recording sitting on a chair or standing. Don't slouch or cross your legs. It will automatically open your torso up, and inherently give you more to work with. Then try breathing from your stomach instead of your head and shoulders. We can forsake the quaint background for the health of the body.

Shy Friend

Babd
Welcome. ^^

And the opinion: I like it, it's quite good. The guitar playing is great. I love the variety, the anticipation, tension.

The voice is pretty good, too.

Finally, the critique: It sounds like you're completely disconnected from your body. I was going to say you're singing from your shoulders up, but the more I watch, the more I think it's more like you collar bone up. Your shoulders are no longer part of the picture. It's great they're not moving, that's a whole other aspect we don't have to talk about right now, but it's also that much more of your body sitting on the side lines. I like the character for the song (though admittedly I haven't heard the original), but you can maintain the sound with better posture and support.

I know plenty of people who can sing from apparently lazy poses, but they're just that: poses. They have a shitton of practice and training and practice to still engage the monster-like support hiding behind their folded arms and cocked hips. Prop your computer on the washing machine placed so conveniently behind you and try your next recording sitting on a chair or standing. Don't slouch or cross your legs. It will automatically open your torso up, and inherently give you more to work with. Then try breathing from your stomach instead of your head and shoulders. We can forsake the quaint background for the health of the body.

Jesus, I've always thought I was a terrible singer. I'm a little drunk right now but saying my most notible problem is something as small as posture is amazing. Thanks man, and good night.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff