Hi! +1! 1 100.0% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 10 ]
1 2 >

Anxious Fatcat

10,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Are Daisy Rock Girl Guitars really good guitars?

Is the Daisy Rock Heartbreaker Short Scale guitar worth it?

Should I invest in the Daisy Rock Heartbreaker Short Scale Starter Set/Kit?

What short scale electric guitars do you recommend?

How much is the Hello Kitty Squier really worth?

Is the Badtz-Maru Squier Bronco Electric Bass Guitar worth getting as well?

What are most guitar gig bags made of (like material wise, what fabrics and kind of zippers)?

How many layers do they generally have and what makes up each layer of a gig bag?

Any advice for a beginner guitar player and what was your first guitar?

If you want more information about why I want these specific items feel free to ask! Thanks for the help!

Interesting Businessman

4,150 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Hi Demonly Angelic! (soz for the very late reply, I just joined today.)
I unfortunately can't recommend any Daisy Rock, or short scale guitars because I don't have much experience with them, but from what I've heard, they're fairly decent guitars for the price.
I do have a question for you though: are you *strictly* looking for a short-scale guitar or are you open to "normal-scale" guitars as well? If so, I've got a few recommendations for you.
But I do have a tip or two for beginning guitar players: tablature.
Since it does take a while to be able to read musical notation and stuff, tabs are a GREAT place to start learning, since instead of the actual note, it's giving you the fretboard position, which imo makes things a LOT easier.
And to answer the question about my first guitar: it's an Ibanez RG2EX1. I still own it, need to fix it up though.
I hope your other questions can get answered!
-J

Anxious Fatcat

10,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Vaperwave
I unfortunately can't recommend any Daisy Rock, or short scale guitars because I don't have much experience with them, but from what I've heard, they're fairly decent guitars for the price.
I do have a question for you though: are you *strictly* looking for a short-scale guitar or are you open to "normal-scale" guitars as well? If so, I've got a few recommendations for you.
Since it does take a while to be able to read musical notation and stuff, tabs are a GREAT place to start learning, since instead of the actual note, it's giving you the fretboard position, which imo makes things a LOT easier.
And to answer the question about my first guitar: it's an Ibanez RG2EX1. I still own it, need to fix it up though.
-J

I would be more open to a "normal-scale" guitar once I feel more comfortable I guess.
I want a short scale guitar since I have small hands (like child size. I still wear kid's gloves if I need them.) and my fingers are a little short. Think like a middle schooler's. Those are my hands at 22 still. stressed
I like the idea of a short scale since I have a Maestro by Gibson Mini-V Electric Guitar, BUT there's no bridge (so no strings), the wire for the pickups has detached from the volume knob and even then I'm pretty sure they don't work.
But I love holding it and "practicing". More like I play extreme real air guitar.

Dapper Businessman

Demonly Angelic
Vaperwave
-J

I would be more open to a "normal-scale" guitar once I feel more comfortable I guess.
I want a short scale guitar since I have small hands (like child size. I still wear kid's gloves if I need them.) and my fingers are a little short. Think like a middle schooler's. Those are my hands at 22 still. stressed
I like the idea of a short scale since I have a Maestro by Gibson Mini-V Electric Guitar, BUT there's no bridge (so no strings), the wire for the pickups has detached from the volume knob and even then I'm pretty sure they don't work.
But I love holding it and "practicing". More like I play extreme real air guitar.

The small hands thing doesn't really matter unless you are playing classical guitar or a 6 string bass or something. Your hands are going to feel to small for it at first. That's part of the process. that's why you do hand stretches and practice. Saying you can't play guitar because you have small hands is like saying you can't do yoga because you are short. You just have to keep at it.
Short scale guitars will limit you quickly and not promote the hand dexterity that you need to be building.

Anxious Fatcat

10,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
skumskull
Demonly Angelic
Vaperwave
-J

The small hands thing doesn't really matter unless you are playing classical guitar or a 6 string bass or something. Your hands are going to feel to small for it at first. That's part of the process. that's why you do hand stretches and practice. Saying you can't play guitar because you have small hands is like saying you can't do yoga because you are short. You just have to keep at it.
Short scale guitars will limit you quickly and not promote the hand dexterity that you need to be building.
Hmm haven't thought of it that way.
Most have told me a short scale might be better, but I have played a little on my boyfriend's Silvertone SS10 on Rocksmith for a day. Didn't really have trouble with it.
Demonly Angelic

I have relatively small hands as well, but yeah, after a while of playing you just develop a natural way to "get around" the neck. Sure, I can't do insane stretches like Paul Gilbert (if he dies, I want his hands), but it's not hindering me at all really.
Note that even full size guitars have different scale lengths, for instance my Les Paul measures 24 ¾ inch and my RG measures 25½ inch.
Then there is also PRS (and clones thereof) measuring in between the "gibson" and "fender" scales at 25" dead.

What's equally important is the size of the frets. My LP has 38 or 39 year old mini-frets with almost 40 years of wear on them now, so barre chords are a hassle. If you get something with bigass jumbo frets you don't have to put as much effort in to fret big chords. Honestly, whenever I play my RG with the bigger frets, it sounds like I'm playing notes double because of the relative force my fingers are used to put into fretting a note and I have to adapt for a few minutes.

Also, you can rock a hello kitty squire for a long time. I've seen Dave Navarro play one when he performed here with Jane's Addiction (with ex-GNR bassist Duff still in the band) for a song.
Epic show, the pinkest and girliest guitar you can find at a rock show.
But yeah, they used to sell new for about 200-230 euros, so I wouldn't go over that definitely, probably a bit under since it's a used budget guitar.

Gig bags, I dunno, I have hardshell cases. My first own guitar was the Ibanez RG I still have. First I played was an EKO western/accoustic.

Anxious Fatcat

10,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
R.J.W
Demonly Angelic

I have relatively small hands as well, but yeah, after a while of playing you just develop a natural way to "get around" the neck. Sure, I can't do insane stretches like Paul Gilbert (if he dies, I want his hands), but it's not hindering me at all really.
Note that even full size guitars have different scale lengths, for instance my Les Paul measures 24 ¾ inch and my RG measures 25½ inch.
Then there is also PRS (and clones thereof) measuring in between the "gibson" and "fender" scales at 25" dead.

What's equally important is the size of the frets. My LP has 38 or 39 year old mini-frets with almost 40 years of wear on them now, so barre chords are a hassle. If you get something with bigass jumbo frets you don't have to put as much effort in to fret big chords. Honestly, whenever I play my RG with the bigger frets, it sounds like I'm playing notes double because of the relative force my fingers are used to put into fretting a note and I have to adapt for a few minutes.

Also, you can rock a hello kitty squire for a long time. I've seen Dave Navarro play one when he performed here with Jane's Addiction (with ex-GNR bassist Duff still in the band) for a song.
But yeah, they used to sell new for about 200-230 euros, so I wouldn't go over that definitely, probably a bit under since it's a used budget guitar.

Gig bags, I dunno, I have hardshell cases. My first own guitar was the Ibanez RG I still have. First I played was an EKO western/accoustic.

Well I guess I just stole my boyfriend's old guitar! Lol.
And I did notice that some guitars have different scale lengths while I was doing some guitar research. I feel pretty comfortable with my boyfriend's old guitar so I'm just going to start using that.

Man I want a hello kitty guitar soo bad. I find them floating around my local craigslist for anywhere around 200-400 US dollars *lives in California*. Some with the Hello Kitty gig bag.
I asked questions about gig bags since it seems the Hello Kitty gig bags are hard to find with the guitar, and I'm pretty crafty with a sewing machine. Was thinking of just making one similar to the gig bag. Then it'd be more special to me since I made it lol.
Demonly Angelic
R.J.W
Demonly Angelic

And I did notice that some guitars have different scale lengths while I was doing some guitar research. I feel pretty comfortable with my boyfriend's old guitar so I'm just going to start using that.

Man I want a hello kitty guitar soo bad. I find them floating around my local craigslist for anywhere around 200-400 US dollars *lives in California*. Some with the Hello Kitty gig bag.
I asked questions about gig bags since it seems the Hello Kitty gig bags are hard to find with the guitar, and I'm pretty crafty with a sewing machine. Was thinking of just making one similar to the gig bag. Then it'd be more special to me since I made it lol.
I seriously advise you to get a case if you value your unstrument though. they just fit snug around your guitar and they prevent way more harm from happening than a gigbag ever can. but I can see people asking that much for a guitar worth essentially LESS than 400. I would never pay that for a guitar that had a newprice of about half that just a year or 2 - 3 ago.

So, what kind of guitar have you stolen from him? XD

Anxious Fatcat

10,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
R.J.W
Demonly Angelic
R.J.W
Demonly Angelic

I seriously advise you to get a case if you value your unstrument though. they just fit snug around your guitar and they prevent way more harm from happening than a gigbag ever can. but I can see people asking that much for a guitar worth essentially LESS than 400. I would never pay that for a guitar that had a newprice of about half that just a year or 2 - 3 ago.

Yeah, my boyfriend keeps telling me I could just go to Guitar Center and get a guitar and some other stuff if I wanted to spend that much on just one thing.

It's a Silvertone SS10 I think. Looks like a stratocaster(? i think that's what that type of guitar is called, lol.)
I like the headstock part on it. It doesn't have ball at the end.
Demonly Angelic
R.J.W
Demonly Angelic
R.J.W
Demonly Angelic

Yeah, my boyfriend keeps telling me I could just go to Guitar Center and get a guitar and some other stuff if I wanted to spend that much on just one thing.

It's a Silvertone SS10 I think. Looks like a stratocaster(? i think that's what that type of guitar is called, lol.)
Yeah, a strat- style smile
I've got a strat style guitar too, the Ibanez RG.

And I agree with your boyfriend honestly. Just wait with buying a (imo overly expensive??) hello kitty guitar untill you know that you actually want to keep playing the guitar and not switch to a bass or keyboard or something? smile

Anxious Fatcat

10,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
R.J.W
Demonly Angelic
R.J.W
Demonly Angelic
R.J.W
Demonly Angelic

And I agree with your boyfriend honestly. Just wait with buying a (imo overly expensive??) hello kitty guitar untill you know that you actually want to keep playing the guitar and not switch to a bass or keyboard or something? smile
Okay I got that! Lol. Yeah I know Ibanez guitars. If my cousin lived closer to me I would have stolen his Ibanez guitar! It's this one. He use to be a few bands a few years back and they were his sponsor. He's my inspiration to play guitar! He took me to one of his band practices once. He played that guitar and his band was awesome! He's "retired" from band life now.
Demonly Angelic
R.J.W
Demonly Angelic
R.J.W
Demonly Angelic

Okay I got that! Lol. Yeah I know Ibanez guitars. If my cousin lived closer to me I would have stolen his Ibanez guitar! It's this one. He use to be a few bands a few years back and they were his sponsor. He's my inspiration to play guitar! He took me to one of his band practices once. He played that guitar and his band was awesome! He's "retired" from band life now.
The Mick Thomson model, cool %^^ I just have a regular one that was once blue but now turned purple due to sun razz

And I haven't used it in a year cause I just can't get the damn thing tuned and set up XD

Anxious Fatcat

10,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
R.J.W
[The Mick Thomson model, cool %^^ I just have a regular one that was once blue but now turned purple due to sun razz

And I haven't used it in a year cause I just can't get the damn thing tuned and set up XD
Yeah, I thought it was the coolest thing ever when he pulled it out. LOL! His friend had a guitar that was iridescent so one way it looked deep blue and the other it looked dark purple. They were like "My God, we have so many colorful guitars.. we look gay!" And they talked falsetto for a little pretending to be gay. It was funny. They were just playing around. biggrin

Why can't you get it tuned or set up?
Demonly Angelic
R.J.W
[The Mick Thomson model, cool %^^ I just have a regular one that was once blue but now turned purple due to sun razz

Yeah, I thought it was the coolest thing ever when he pulled it out. LOL! His friend had a guitar that was iridescent so one way it looked deep blue and the other it looked dark purple. They were like "My God, we have so many colorful guitars.. we look gay!" And they talked falsetto for a little pretending to be gay. It was funny. They were just playing around. biggrin

cause it's a floyd rose, or the ibanez version of the floyd rose.
Those things are a pain in the !#%!Q@#$% to do anything with beyond keeping it in tune.
I however decided I wanted to drop the tuning a full step on that guitar =.= I shouldn't have.

Anxious Fatcat

10,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
R.J.W
Demonly Angelic
R.J.W

cause it's a floyd rose, or the ibanez version of the floyd rose.
Those things are a pain in the !#%!Q@#$% to do anything with beyond keeping it in tune.
I however decided I wanted to drop the tuning a full step on that guitar =.= I shouldn't have.
Ooh, maybe some youtube vids could help??
I go to youtube for almost everything.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces